Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 01/2015 - Santo Domingo, Samana and Las Terranas

Thanks
    Thanked 3,064 Times in 774 Posts

Re: 01/2015 - Santo Domingo, Samana and Las Terranas

Did you stay at a Hotel in Las Galeras? I saw one that looked good. Lucy Hotel or something like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by JD426 View Post
    Nice to see someone else also made it out to Las Galeras.. Possibly one of my favorite places in all of the DR (so far) , eventhough its kind of quiet out there unless its a Holiday weekend.
    .. Playa Rincon can be absolutely spectacular when its not too windy or raining... I see they fixed that Road up Nice.. it was a disaster a couple years ago .

.. Did you make a Right turn or a LEFT once you got on to the beach ? The prices for seafood are a lot cheaper on the LEFT side .. Plajita is nice too but gets very busy with Families sometimes..
    The sand beach at the AI ( grand paradise) is possibly the Finest powder sand anywhere. But you got to walk in between those Rocks that can rip your toes up ..

Very nice Pics..thanks...
    SouthCoast

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Drjetman For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Drjetman View Post
    Did you stay at a Hotel in Las Galeras? I saw one that looked good. Lucy Hotel or something like that.
    The big place there is the AI , Grand Paradise,. which makes a really good home base, cuz they have a nice safe parking lot..always rooms available, with safe and the usual AI services . and the food is really good, imo, If you not a big eater it may not be worth it for you... You may get a lot of looks from the other Euro and Canadian guests if you with your favorita,, but who cares. the staff will treat you nice.. ( Las Galeras is not a monger spot, u got to bring you own pretty much )
    There are some smaller hotels also, like the nice Italian place on the same road left side, going to the AI.. I will look up the name. I think they probably have like a dozen rooms ?
    Todo Blanco is REALLY nice, primo location on the beach.. but you gonna pay like $100 a night..but if you gonna eat out, it may be well worth it. thats probably the nicest spot of all.
    Did some driving around in that immediate area , and if you want a House I saw seevral small for Rent signs in English , and German, but they are so secluded that I stumbled on them purely by accident driving around on dirt roads , you definitely want to something like that with a GROUP of people.. and those non main roads are Horrible , alsmost Scary, with steep hills I cant even imagine them in the Rain.. definitely 4wd rental time...
    I can look up specific places if you need... the board Member BAILAR I think posted some Hotel Names in one of his Reports.. with phone #s.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,064 Times in 774 Posts

Thanks for the info. I am planning to go with a chica so that is perfect. We do get strange looks from Euro, Canadian and USA women when we bring chicas. I remember the just filthy looks I got when I'd bring one to the Jaragua pool. The husbands were fine. I'm sure they were a bit jealous. But the women were infuriated.
    Quote Originally Posted by JD426 View Post
    The big place there is the AI , Grand Paradise,. which makes a really good home base, cuz they have a nice safe parking lot..always rooms available, with safe and the usual AI services . and the food is really good, imo, If you not a big eater it may not be worth it for you... You may get a lot of looks from the other Euro and Canadian guests if you with your favorita,, but who cares. the staff will treat you nice.. ( Las Galeras is not a monger spot, u got to bring you own pretty much )
    There are some smaller hotels also, like the nice Italian place on the same road left side, going to the AI.. I will look up the name. I think they probably have like a dozen rooms ?
    Todo Blanco is REALLY nice, primo location on the beach.. but you gonna pay like $100 a night..but if you gonna eat out, it may be well worth it. thats probably the nicest spot of all.
    Did some driving around in that immediate area , and if you want a House I saw seevral small for Rent signs in English , and German, but they are so secluded that I stumbled on them purely by accident driving around on dirt roads , you definitely want to something like that with a GROUP of people.. and those non main roads are Horrible , alsmost Scary, with steep hills I cant even imagine them in the Rain.. definitely 4wd rental time...
    I can look up specific places if you need... the board Member BAILAR I think posted some Hotel Names in one of his Reports.. with phone #s.

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Drjetman For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I also found that the people are nicer away from the city.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to eman For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Anyone been to Higuey?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eman For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information