Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 02/2015 - Absolute. Fucking. Insanity.

Thanks
    Thanked 114,003 Times in 10,353 Posts

Re: 02/2015 - Absolute. Fucking. Insanity.

Quote Originally Posted by TNT72 View Post
    Flying back in 2013, AA was so overbooked. I took a bump from POP to MIA for $700. I ended up taking several bumps and got $2300 in vouchers from AA!

Didn't you miss out on another one because of your big heart and a couple of gringas that trip?
    Vida es buena....

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Irie For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 89,168 Times in 10,927 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Irie View Post
    Didn't you miss out on another one because of your big heart and a couple of gringas that trip?
    You're a penis! You know that, right?

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TNT72 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

You're a penis! You know that, right?

I'm thinking that's much better than a fuck bubble.

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Irie For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 89,168 Times in 10,927 Posts

I'd finally forgotten about how a "friend" screwed me out of that bump! Thanks for reminding me.........shit bubble!

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to TNT72 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I'd finally forgotten about how a "friend" screwed me out of that bump! Thanks for reminding me.........shit bubble!

Now thats better.

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Irie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 40,590 Times in 5,066 Posts

nothing's better than a fuckbubble!

NOTHING!

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,063 Times in 211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jacknback View Post
    I can still hop on Spirit and for about $80 and I think 5000(actually it may be 3500) miles have my ass in SDQ or Santiago in about an hour and 15 minutes.

I just don't want to go there

AH YES... the Paisas ruined ya as they did me and many others! The death toll is pretty substantial... hardened seasoned mongers falling for,impregnating, even MARRYING these creatures ... mujeres of questionable repute included!

Been a LOONG time since I visited here at ISOC... this was my DR board... but the DR is no mas para mi...

My last foray to the North coast of the DR was May 2013. It was Ok...just OK... Medellin from so Flo this month can be had for upper 200s. Why the fuck would I pay 698 on the AAssrape Airlines MIA-POP for chicas who's looks, service and bullshit level are FAR worse than their paisa hermanas? HELL NO. Or Spirit to STI at 2 am landing plus 80 dolla (if i am lucky) taxi rape to Sosua. No gracias. Ain;t a thrill anymore. Unless you are fully vetted in the area, have your contacts, have honed your game to a T... don't see the point. Doesn;t seem to be "vale la pena" for the recreational monger anymore. Only plus i see is that the peso is almost 45 to the dollar.

Maybe someday just for shits and giggles and nostalgia I may return... but don't really see any upside to it. Interesting to see guys still hanging on...

EC
    Todos son rosa dentro

14. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to El Chivo For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,361 Times in 13,901 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by El Chivo View Post
    AH YES... the Paisas ruined ya as they did me and many others! The death toll is pretty substantial... hardened seasoned mongers falling for,impregnating, even MARRYING these creatures ... mujeres of questionable repute included!

Been a LOONG time since I visited here at ISOC... this was my DR board... but the DR is no mas para mi...

EC
    It's kind of interesting.... I look at the paisas and am usually pretty impressed with their looks. Lots of them are stunners. When I went, I was looking for darker girls that were stunners. They weren't that easy to find.

They remind me of the DR back in the seventies. Places like Casa Rosada, Casa de Modelos, Casa Teresa and other whore bars were all stocked with girls that looked like the Paisas of today. Even Mona Lisa had some really beautiful girls. Those were the upper class places that were directed at well to do businessmen. You couldn't find an unattractive girl in one of them if you tried.

Places like Petite Chateau, Herminias, Par de 5, and Bon Sua were frequented by a lower class of clients, while the hundreds of little bars with a few girls spread out through the whole city were for the poor folks. Some of those are still open, BTW.

Most of those high level houses brought girls from the campo. Casa Rosada specialized in girls from Bonao, for example. All of them were light skinned, long hair, very good looking, and dressed in evening dresses. In other words, they looked a lot like Paisas.

The type of girls you find these days are a far cry from the girls you could get back then.
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

16. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,394 Times in 2,280 Posts

My last foray to the North coast of the DR was May 2013. It was Ok...just OK... Medellin from so Flo this month can be had for upper 200s. Why the fuck would I pay 698 on the AAssrape Airlines MIA-POP for chicas who's looks, service and bullshit level are FAR worse than their paisa hermanas? HELL NO. Or Spirit to STI at 2 am landing plus 80 dolla (if i am lucky) taxi rape to Sosua. No gracias. Ain;t a thrill anymore. Unless you are fully vetted in the area, have your contacts, have honed your game to a T... don't see the point. Doesn;t seem to be "vale la pena" for the recreational monger anymore. Only plus i see is that the peso is almost 45 to the dollar.

Maybe someday just for shits and giggles and nostalgia I may return... but don't really see any upside to it. Interesting to see guys still hanging on...

EC
    In my experience, most of the really long term DR vets, I'm talking 10+ years traveling there, are able to take advantage of what the entire country has to offer. Not just Sosua and/or Boca Chica. And most have found other reasons (other than putas) to travel there.

18. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to DCIronman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 41,237 Times in 7,792 Posts

EC

Some of us are heavy into Colombia and this is also Meddy board.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JDR For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 72,237 Times in 11,762 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DCIronman View Post
    In my experience, most of the really long term DR vets, I'm talking 10+ years traveling there, are able to take advantage of what the entire country has to offer. Not just Sosua and/or Boca Chica. And most have found other reasons (other than putas) to travel there.
    I require other reasons (other than putas) to travel anywhere. Good beaches and good diving, at a minimum.

Looking forward to Boca Chica, but if I ever get to Meddy it'll be a side-trip from CTG.
    I'm still "Just A Lurker."

The Chinese virus infected the Western world with Chinese-style totalitarian politics. ​- Gladiator

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. – H. L. Mencken

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 97,678 Times in 17,146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JDR View Post
    Colombia seems to have dropped off the radar lately it seems from the board. Not many guys going and you taking year off from MDE hype.

The CRT guys have it all to themselves now

Do you notice less guys traveling there BD?

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 45,724 Times in 5,924 Posts

supply and demand! take a look at the flights to atlanta georgia a fucking two hour flight with no international taxes! many times its cheaper to fly to the caribbean.
    "Panties are not the best thing in the world, but they are next to it"

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to officemgr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,253 Times in 7,381 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JDR View Post
    But isn't this in SEARCH of chicas? Seems that search can be anywhere, can't it?

As to El Chivo's point though, over the last year and a half I have read up on reports from various Asian countries, Columbia, Jamaica and Africa. The three common denominators for everyone of us on here come down to money, time and desire.

I think it's with the 3rd one, desire, that has dictated in recent months, members wanting to venture out to other spots, to compare how things are there with where they have gone before.

It's been often mentioned that Sosua is a training ground for mongers, that once you feel comfortable there and gain confidence, take off the training wheels and see other parts of the country.

Maybe for a lot of guys, the very act of traveling itself to the DR was a training ground of sorts, and after a couple years and several trips, other places in the world began to enter their minds as places of interest. That is what has happened to me. Looks like I'll be taking this year off from the DR, first time since 2007 when I first went there. But I'm looking at returning a couple times in 2016.

With the influence of certain members, trip reports, internet research, etc....it's nice to know that we are not limited to having to pay exhorbitant airfares to the tried and true if we can pay a more reasonable fare to somewhere else and have just as good a time.

Quick example.....just last night I was checking flights to Bangkok for December. Eva Air currently has a round trip incl all tax and fees for $854 out of both SF and LAX. Each way is 1 stop, 20 hours going, 17 and change on the return.

A flight to SDQ, POP and STI, from where I'm at was over $1000 (on United it was nearly $1200!!!) on trips that had decent travel times and layovers, for me anyway. Even my flight to Nairobi in September with a return from Mombasa to SF was just $1,030! Have no idea why there is such a disparity. You guys on the east coast now appear to be looking at fares to the DR that are more in tune with the west coast.

Absolute fucking insanity indeed!

28. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Smooth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 27,984 Times in 7,129 Posts

This guy may have been a super monger flying from Colombia to Costa Rica with a female "companion" accompanying him.

Could this be the direct result of overpriced monger destination airfares ???

From Colombia Reports

Man found hanged on Avianca flight from Colombia to Costa Rica

Feb 26, 2015 posted by Adriaan Alsema
    (Image credit: La Nacion)

The body of a Romanian man has been found hanged inside an Avianca airplane’s bathroom just before landing in Costa Rica after flying from Colombia’s capital Bogota, media from both countries reported on Wednesday.

The man, identified as the 53-year-old Comana Costel, was found dead by his travel partner, a 35-woman from Romania, and Avianca personnel only minutes before landing at the Juan Santamaria airport in Alajuela, a town close to the capital San Jose.
    The couple had boarded the plane in Bogota.
    According to his travel partner, the deceased man had been nervous on the flight during which he visited the bathroom on a number of occasions. The anonymous woman said that at one point during the flight and found the seat of her traveling partner empty when waking up minutes before landing.

She and Avianca personnel then found the body of the man hanged and lifeless inside the bathroom of the airplane, reported La Nacion from Costa Rica.

Authorities found the woman was carrying $12,500 in euro bills while they began investigating whether the man had killed himself or had been murdered.
    DON’T HATE THE PLAYER !!!!! “HATE THE GAME”

30. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ROVER For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I just checked mid May POP to NY $630 one way.

I think the merger of Continental and United and now American and US Airways is going to impact DR monger traveling budgets in a very bad way for the foreseeable future.

Mind you we are in a low fuel price environment and mid May is considered low season .......

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE ! MONGER ALERT !

In desperation I tried Travelocity and got the same $630 fare for $378 and as much as it hurt I booked it because from all indications it will only get worse with each passing day.
    Last edited by ROVER; 03-01-2015 at 03:30 PM.

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ROVER For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,266 Times in 287 Posts

Many airlines have already bought fuel long in advance at the old, high prices.
    Southwest is locked in through part of 2016 at high prices. Tickets will come
    down to reflect lower fuel prices (assuming they stay at current levels) but
    it will take time.

34. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to whatever For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 31,159 Times in 5,854 Posts

May NYC-POP On ITA I see $576 round trip and $275 one way JetBlue and United

Prices won't fall on present lower fuel costs.
    ‘Forbear to judge, for we are sinners all’

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to questner For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by questner View Post
    May NYC-POP On ITA I see $576 round trip and $275 one way JetBlue and United

Prices won't fall on present lower fuel costs.

United doesn't fly POP to NY. I'm sure you put in POP- NY but they check nearby airports and give you the lowest fare. Check again and pay very close attention to see if they pulled the bait and switch on you.
    Last edited by ROVER; 03-02-2015 at 12:59 AM.

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ROVER For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,334 Times in 6,472 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deezl View Post
    I didn't say it gets the most passengers

I said it's the biggest airport (which even with the new terminals at PUJ I think is still true) in the biggest city (obviously true) with the most flights from different airlines. The 'different' is the key, because it's the competition that keeps the fares low.

Punta cana has been on the tops in getting the most passengers for a long time. 65% of tourists coming in by plane are flying into PUJ.

What's interesting to note that, as POP passengers have been stagnant/dipping over the past few years, passengers into STI have been on a huge upswing over the last 4-5 years. I wonder if the rising POP fares have anything to do with that.
    man you really is smaatttt like all them boston kids, really REALLYYYY. That was a hell of a break down of that chart. Thanks to Happy for providing it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    That is amazing how strong punta cana is....they get SEVEN times the passengers POP gets...Damn....I didn't think it was that big a difference.

Proves how poor the AI structure is in the north coast
    I'm surprised its that strong for Punta Cana, that it is that much over STI and SDQ. Those are the places locals fly to go home for the most part.

Im not surprised about POP, thats a whore airport for the most part. Do regular tourists even visit that part anymore? Everyone from work wants to go to Punta Cana.

South West flies there I believe. Which means you can get so many ink points by buying gift cards for the flight over at Staples Hunter between us for when you want to get away and just rest a bit and lay up some $$$ into the dominican tourist economy

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave Diaz For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information