Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 04/2015 - Hotel Don Antonio Review/Update April 2015

Thanks
    Thanked 35,868 Times in 4,610 Posts

04/2015 - Hotel Don Antonio Review/Update April 2015

Just spent 5 nights at Don Antonio. It was my second time staying there and first since the renovations.

- AC was cold
    - Plenty of hot water, no water issues at all.
    - new flat panel TV - 32in. I believe
    - bed was fairly comfortable--not too much squeak.
    - WiFi seemed good to me.
    - Bathroom was in good/modern condition.
    - Kitchenette has plenty of cookware, dishes etc..
    - Pool was clean, peaceful and quiet.
    - Breakfast was decent for about $200RD including coffee.
    - Trash can in bathroom and main room.
    - Safe worked fine
    - New furniture

Overall, Don Antonio is a great value at $47 per night. It's quiet and laid-back for being so close to the strip. There are plenty of hotels close to the strip that cost more, don't have a kitchenette, and are not a peaceful. It's managed by Obe, a Dominican that speaks English and is very chill and apprecaites the guests. I highly recommend the place for the price. I'm not gonna go Mike Lodge on this thread if anyone disagrees though. lol.
    Me gusta mujeres mas oscuro que yo.

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 93,481 Times in 10,191 Posts

Re: Hotel Don Antonio Review/Update April 2015

Obie is awesome,,,,,,,what a nice guy,,,,,

When I had to extend my last trip, and Dpieriro told me they only had a room for one night,,,and not the needed two nights,,,,he hooked me up with a room,and I was very happy,,,,,,

I also liked the bar area,,,,,and I chilled there with my otra chica on this trip,,,,,,

Cant remember the room number,,,but that was because I got caught creepin by my favoritas friend,,,,and I ended up having 6 mamajuanas on my last night ,,,,,,

Some pics of the room,,,,,

NOTICE THE BEAUTIFUL WASTEBASKET ,,,,,,,,
    " Expect The Best, Be Prepared For The Worst, Fuck What Others Think, And Do Your Own Thing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Thanks

Exactly X

Nice pics. Didn't bother posting mine because I took a few this trip and all require way too much editing to look half decent. This hotel update is my report. lol. Yes, I know I'm underachieving. jaja.

5. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to el toro For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,334 Times in 6,472 Posts

memoriesss. this is the place i stayed on my first ever mongering trip in 2008. obe is a great host i remember that since it was my first solo trip to the island, my family thought i wasnt going to make it back alive so my mom called obe to check in on me damn a whole 7 years ago and i think at the time they were just starting the renovations room by room.

nice to see what has been done with the rooms and the hotel in general looks like a completely different place when i looked it up alone.

anyway great place to stay, great location and awesome hotel manager.

thanks for the update toro and agent #9 thanks for the additional pics

7. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Dave Diaz For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by el toro View Post
    Exactly X

Nice pics. Didn't bother posting mine because I took a few this trip and all require way too much editing to look half decent. This hotel update is my report. lol. Yes, I know I'm underachieving. jaja.

No problem man,,,,,,You've contributed enough on here to worry about that shit,,,,,

Most important thing is that you enjoyed your stay,,and had a good time on your trip,,,,,,,

9. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to XXX For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Diaz View Post
    memoriesss. this is the place i stayed on my first ever mongering trip in 2008. obe is a great host i remember that since it was my first solo trip to the island, my family thought i wasnt going to make it back alive so my mom called obe to check in on me damn a whole 7 years ago and i think at the time they were just starting the renovations room by room.

nice to see what has been done with the rooms and the hotel in general looks like a completely different place when i looked it up alone.

anyway great place to stay, great location and awesome hotel manager.

thanks for the update toro and agent #9 thanks for the additional pics

That's a good mom you got there # 33,,,,,,,,

Yeah the room I stayed in was recently renovated,,,,,,,

The Bathroom was brand new,,,,,,,

It's amazing I didn't even know this place was here until Tgunz told me about it,,,,and I happened to check on booking.com for availability, and they were the only place in sosua with a room available on my dates,,,,

It had a little weekend warrior flavor goin on,,,, but not out of control,,,,,,,

I wasn't crazy bout the security guy either,,,,,but it is was it is,,,,

overall I was very happy,,,,,,

11. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to XXX For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Re: 04/2015 - Hotel Don Antonio Review/Update April 2015

I have stayed at Don Antonio at least 2 to 3 times in the past. Always clean, good hot water, close to the strip. Obe has always been a good host. He looked out for a buddy of mine one time when his luggage was lost by the airline. He called the airport in Puerto Plata, (communicating better than my buddy)luggage delivered the very next day.I never tried the restaurant (don't know why), chilled at the bar though. 200 peso breakfast is definitely worth checkin.

Thanks

I have to agree with every thing said about Obe and his hotel. I have stayed there twice and would book there again. You can beat the value. At another Sousa hotel run by someone we all know wants a $100 deposit before he even hands over the keys or shows the room. First time I booked with Obe he took me to my room that I reserved for a week an said whenever I get a chance I can settle up

14. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to rudy22 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rudy22 View Post
    I have to agree with every thing said about Obe and his hotel. I have stayed there twice and would book there again. You can beat the value. At another Sousa hotel run by someone we all know wants a $100 deposit before he even hands over the keys or shows the room. First time I booked with Obe he took me to my room that I reserved for a week an said whenever I get a chance I can settle up

Yeah,,,,,, thats a good point,,,,,

He said the same thing to me,,," well settle up whenever you get a chance"

Guess I was busy,,,,cuz i didnt settle up until an hour before the cab to the airport showed up ,,,,,

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to XXX For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 29,716 Times in 4,467 Posts

The first partially negative post is coming from me.....

The only two problems that I have had at Don Antonio's are those mosquitos coming throw those window in the bathroom and kitchen. They just had the wood blinds that could not stop those mosquitos from coming in.

Everything else I agree with. The cleaning lady even had her dad take me to the hospital a few years back when I got sick. The hospital took my insurance and all was well. They held my bags in the office and I did not get charged for the two nights that I was in the Hospital. I checked back in when I got back.

Obe is a great guy.

Thanks
    Thanked 46,477 Times in 4,501 Posts

One thing to note is when booking online I believe the name is Las palmas. I believe sosua bay has a different name now too.
    You do You, I'm gonna Do Me!!

"Don't tell me what a man says, don't tell me what a man knows, tell me where he's traveled?"

19. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to tgunz For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SrSuerte View Post

The only two problems that I have had at Don Antonio's are those mosquitos coming throw those window in the bathroom and kitchen. They just had the wood blinds that could not stop those mosquitos from coming in.

Everything else I agree with. The cleaning lady even had her dad take me to the hospital a few years back when I got sick. The hospital took my insurance and all was well. They held my bags in the office and I did not get charged for the two nights that I was in the Hospital. I checked back in when I got back.

Obe is a great guy.
    I was just there. That's not a problem. Nor is street noise. Double pane windows have been installed.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SrSuerte View Post

Obe is a great guy.
    The bathroom window now has glass or a plexiglass covering the blinds now.

22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to el toro For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,483 Times in 204 Posts

Don antonio has been the only place that i stay at for the last 4 years when ever i'm in sosua. Obe has been an awesome host. Can't imagine staying anywhere else. A few things that I like about there is that it is right across the street from the bus stop. 2nd I could see whats going on in rumbas and on the street from the terrace at don antonios. Sometimes my boy and I would spent over an hour just watching the chicas, learning their habits and seeing who they are leaving rumbas with from the terrace at don antonio. Occasionally we would even call them to come up and chill with us.
    "We cannot give the final answers to our human problems, because it is we human beings who are the problem"

24. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Hottnickels72 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

The only bad thing I could say about don antonios is that the regular security guard has become a little relax over the last few years with the Chicas. Sometimes he let's the chicas that he is cool with on the premise. However, if you are having a good time he is not gonna disturb you. I once was getting my freak on in the pool at don antonios with a chica and he did not once come to bother us. But we did catch him looking at us behind the bushes....hope he enjoyed the show....lol

26. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Hottnickels72 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hottnickels72 View Post
    The only bad thing I could say about don antonios is that the regular security guard has become a little relax over the last few years with the Chicas. Sometimes he let's the chicas that he is cool with on the premise. However, if you are having a good time he is not gonna disturb you. I once was getting my freak on in the pool at don antonios with a chica and he did not once come to bother us. But we did catch him looking at us behind the bushes....hope he enjoyed the show....lol
    With most of these "watchies" but especailly him, I have learned a little goes a long way. At night maybe I'll grab them a 100 pesos Plato del dia, or a sandwich, maybe a soda. They can't do enough for you after that. If you ever been hungry and thirty. You remember who bought you some food. Your good after that.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,363 Times in 867 Posts

Thanks, last time I walked in there they were booked. This time, I think I will book ahead: http://hotel-las-palmeras.com

29. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to el_papi_chew_low For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by el_papi_chew_low View Post
    Thanks, last time I walked in there they were booked. This time, I think I will book ahead: http://hotel-las-palmeras.com
    Its good to book ahead. Once during low season I thought I could do a walk in, they were booked solid. Luckily Rick was able to accomodate me at the Suites. To say the least I have my room already booked at Don Antonio for my trip this month

31. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Pepp-1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 32,918 Times in 3,296 Posts

I used them for a number of years and it was good. A few years ago when they started construction in the bar I had to look elsewhere (I will not tolerate living on a construction site when I am on vacation). I ended up finding a few other options and I haven't been back. Obie is a good host and a wealth of info.... I always wanted to tap the darker chica working the bar and in charge when Obie wasn't there but it never happened. Like a friend of mine once told me " you can't fuck all of them".

I like the upstairs rooms. Great views on the balcony.....

I even remember some fun times in the room.
    https://youtu.be/vhxg6KIFUFM

33. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to bailar For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bailar View Post
    I used them for a number of years and it was good. A few years ago when they started construction in the bar I had to look elsewhere (I will not tolerate living on a construction site when I am on vacation). I ended up finding a few other options and I haven't been back. Obie is a good host and a wealth of info.... I always wanted to tap the darker chica working the bar and in charge when Obie wasn't there but it never happened. Like a friend of mine once told me " you can't fuck all of them".

I like the upstairs rooms. Great views on the balcony.....

Click to see pic

I even remember some fun times in the room.
    https://youtu.be/vhxg6KIFUFM
    I know exactly who you are talking about. Did you ever meet her niece. Her niece is just a much younger version of her.

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hottnickels72 For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information