Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 05/2015 - Lazy Dog

Thanks
    Thanked 113,285 Times in 14,580 Posts

Re: 05/2015 - Lazy Dog

now for the food

I decided to play it safe this time and go for the items that appear to be their specialty

So I ordered the 3 piece chicken dinner

What a disappointment. The chicken was small and dry. I think it was fried to long as well as it was dark.
    One thing I have always been impressed with in the DR is they know how to cook chicken here and it has been good most everywhere that I have had it.

The fries again were soggy like last time. NO bueno

At least the cole slaw was tasty

I also thought I would hedge my bet and order a slider as it was advertised as a smaller version of their famous roadside burger.

They happened to have them on special this day for 49RD so I ordered one to try

Well something got lost in translation because my order of 1 slider special at 49RD turned into the normal 3 slider menu item for 199RD
    But I didn't complain about it mostly because the 3 slider menu item also came with deep fried pickles

Well the burgers were a huge let down as well.

They also were dry and way to salty for my tastes.

I have developed an aversion for salt and don't really care for it in my meals but these burgers were way salty yet tasteless if that makes sense.
    and so dry I could barely choke down one of them.

On the bright side the deep fried pickles were pretty good although I never seen them prepared with pickle chips before only in the spear format.

Oh the ice tea was good as well if that's a consolation.

So after two trips here I would have to give this place 2 thumbs down for the food.

There might be something good that they make here but I have not been lucky enough to have been served it yet and I doubt I will bother trying to find out if a third time is a charm.

Plus I don't much care for the deception on the bill.
    Call me a nit picker but I think the bill should actually add up
    I am the pussy licker ​Let's have some fun. Not invisible. Snitches are pathetic little people!
    Disclaimer. This post may not be in response to a post by Greybaby. So Greybaby doesn't need to cry about it. Rover has you pegged to a T

Thanks
    Thanked 51,266 Times in 7,383 Posts

So with the thumbs down on the food, and inaccurate or overcharged bills given to the customers, I guess it's safe to say that The Lazy Dog apparently also employs a lazy chef and a lazy cashier.

3. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Smooth For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,973 Times in 2,414 Posts

I guess things have changed since I went there during Super Bowl week this year . There was no overpricing on the bill and the burgers we had were great.. Sorry to hear that

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LJDMV For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,377 Times in 13,906 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LJDMV View Post
    I guess things have changed since I went there during Super Bowl week this year . There was no overpricing on the bill and the burgers we had were great.. Sorry to hear that
    Being involved with working Dominicans can be a frustrating experience. I have to keep my employees trained to certain standards and follow certain procedures.

They will do something every day for 3 months, then just stop doing it one day. Not to see if I say something; only because it's easier not to do it.
    Then they get upset when I call them out on it.

There's a Burger King next to my house. The employees there have timers and procedures to cook food a certain way each time. I don't know how many times I've been there and watched one of the employees cook fries or Onion rings, and pull them out of the oil every minute or so to see if they're cooked or not. Ask them why they don't use the timer, and they'll say stuff "doesn't cook long enough". They cook it until they think it "looks" right.

My biggest aggravation with them? They have a continuous survey going on. Fill out a survey on line, get a code, write it on the back of your receipt, and get a free whopper the next time you go.

On the back of the receipt, it says you have 30 days from the date of purchase to get your whopper. (The code changes every month at the beginning of the month.)

If you go on the 29th, do the survey and get a code and go back on the 1st of the next month, they say it's not valid. If you show them the receipt that says 30 days from date of purchase... they say the receipt is wrong because the code changes on the first of the month. WTF?

That's why food comes out of the kitchen just fine one day, then a month later, it sucks. Nobody is watching them, and is trusting them to do it right.
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

7. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 22,235 Times in 2,615 Posts

That is all true with my experience here and my various tenants with restaurants. In any business here the owner has to be watching the food, the supplies coming in and going out and the money. The owner needs to remind employees what to do every day or they sit their staring out into space after a while and sit down and do nothing. There are exceptions of course. When one finds a good employee and sometimes it takes time, the business owner needs to try hard to keep those people. I know of a few restaurants that are doing consistent good food, but in most cases the owner(s) are there most of the time and interacts with the customers to get feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    Being involved with working Dominicans can be a frustrating experience. I have to keep my employees trained to certain standards and follow certain procedures.

They will do something every day for 3 months, then just stop doing it one day. Not to see if I say something; only because it's easier not to do it.
    Then they get upset when I call them out on it.

There's a Burger King next to my house. The employees there have timers and procedures to cook food a certain way each time. I don't know how many times I've been there and watched one of the employees cook fries or Onion rings, and pull them out of the oil every minute or so to see if they're cooked or not. Ask them why they don't use the timer, and they'll say stuff "doesn't cook long enough". They cook it until they think it "looks" right.

My biggest aggravation with them? They have a continuous survey going on. Fill out a survey on line, get a code, write it on the back of your receipt, and get a free whopper the next time you go.

On the back of the receipt, it says you have 30 days from the date of purchase to get your whopper. (The code changes every month at the beginning of the month.)

If you go on the 29th, do the survey and get a code and go back on the 1st of the next month, they say it's not valid. If you show them the receipt that says 30 days from date of purchase... they say the receipt is wrong because the code changes on the first of the month. WTF?

That's why food comes out of the kitchen just fine one day, then a month later, it sucks. Nobody is watching them, and is trusting them to do it right.

9. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to jose1234 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 44,288 Times in 7,548 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Seville View Post
    This place is fairly new and on one of the corners by the little Playero store. I saw an online ad for dinner yesterday. Two 3 piece fried chicken dinners with fries, slaw and a drink for 499 pesos. Dinner for two for 499 pesos? Why not give it a try. Chica and I went yesterday evening. Menu said taxes included but not tip.

The dinner was fine. No issues there. But when the bill came it was for 650 pesos. The two dinners were listed as one 499 peso item. Chica had ordered a fruit punch and I had a coke. The coke was listed separately at an additional 50 pesos so apparently you get two dinners but only one drink with the 499 peso special. Odd. That brings the bill to 550 pesos. Since the menu states taxes are included what was the other 100 pesos for?

I didn't bother to ask. I won't be going back.
    LOL, yeah.... don't ya just hate that, when the menu says one thing and then they come back with a whole other inflated price tab??? Memories .... memories
    what goes around, comes around!!!!!!
    The best thing about an ass, is when it is sitting on my face!!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jimbo44 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 22,235 Times in 2,615 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo44 View Post
    LOL, yeah.... don't ya just hate that, when the menu says one thing and then they come back with a whole other inflated price tab??? Memories .... memories
    what goes around, comes around!!!!!!
    Was Seville running the restaurant where you asked for a large fish and they brought you a large fish and charged you more? Obviously it was a miscommunication between some restaurant and yourself and you reacted poorly. Did Seville act like an idiot when this happened? Seville is an honest person and you are not. You should drop this because you are in the wrong.

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jose1234 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 44,288 Times in 7,548 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jose1234 View Post
    Was Seville running the restaurant where you asked for a large fish and they brought you a large fish and charged you more? Obviously it was a miscommunication between some restaurant and yourself and you reacted poorly. Did Seville act like an idiot when this happened? Seville is an honest person and you are not. You should drop this because you are in the wrong.
    My very good recollection was that he put his big nose in the middle of it well after I left Sosua and I reviewed the beach restaurant very truthfully. Just like you are sticking your face in this!!
    I said what I had to say, and that's it!! I damn sure have a good memory, and never will I bite my tongue!!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jimbo44 For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information