Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 05/2015 Rumba's shut down????

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 87,562 Times in 8,809 Posts

Re: 05/2015 Rumba's shut down????

Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillie View Post
    A hoe about to Whatsapp the pic to her amigas with the caption 'where will we find Camaro now!'

Click to see pic

(Pic taken from another site)
    ...you know one place you will not see me in...

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 22,420 Times in 1,613 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBeas View Post
    I've got an idea... How bout the Sosua regulars change location and start venturing out and see the country a little...

DR is not Sosua only...

If a person is a Sosua regular, I'm going to assume it's because the point, and click aspect out weights any other factor they really care about, no other place in DR provides that, so why would they want to go anywhere else?

I will say this, I'm not much of a fan of Sosua, but I will never knock someone if they only felt like making trips exclusively for Sosua again (as I've done relentlessly in the past), it gets the job done, plenty of able, and willing chicks there

4. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Hanzo For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

The Latest Rumor on the other board now is that the Taxes WERE paid for Rumba , Receipts were shown.
    and Premium it was some Recordkeeping error with the name change ?
    And that They would be open TONIGHT or by Tomorrow..

wtf ?

what a complete idiotic waste of time & energy ... ( if this is all true of course)

6. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 40,590 Times in 5,066 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hanzo View Post
    If a person is a Sosua regular, I'm going to assume it's because the point, and click aspect out weights any other factor they really care about, no other place in DR provides that, so why would they want to go anywhere else?

I will say this, I'm not much of a fan of Sosua, but I will never knock someone if they only felt like making trips exclusively for Sosua again (as I've done relentlessly in the past), it gets the job done, plenty of able, and willing chicks there
    there are other factors too, friends in the area, the beach/beaches, it's small so it's easy & quick to navigate/walkable, some pretty good restaurants, etc

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deezl View Post
    some pretty good restaurants, etc

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,106 Times in 4,436 Posts

Thumbs Up Re: 05/2015 Rumba's shut down????

This is what I heard this morning. I was not in town tonight but will look tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by JD426 View Post
    The Latest Rumor on the other board now is that the Taxes WERE paid for Rumba , Receipts were shown.
    and Premium it was some Recordkeeping error with the name change ?
    And that They would be open TONIGHT or by Tomorrow..

wtf ?

what a complete idiotic waste of time & energy ... ( if this is all true of course)
    When you can think of yesterday without regret and tomorrow without fear, you are near contentment.
    Your opinions are not my problem...

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Pedro Clisante May 20, 2015

Rumbas & Premium Sports Bar

Both Rumbas and the Premium Sports bar were closed by the government on May 20th apparently there were some tax discrepancies that should be resolved shortly. I went to Sosua after dark to investigate and it felt strange seeing Rumba with its doors closed and no lights on either in the club or the restaurant.

Chez Mon Real Restaurant

Early in the evening the Rumba crowd went to Chez Mon Real Restaurant on the corner of Dr Rosen and Pedro Clisante. Motos were lined up outside, people congregated outside standing and sitting in outdoor seating along with a large crowd inside gathered at the bar and standing in different parts of the club.

City Lights Night Club

City Lights Night Club is the only place on Pedro Clisante that has the same feel as Rumbas with the space to entertain Rumbas crowds. It is an open air venue with a club in back and rooms on site that are available for rent. I checked in the early evening and later at night and there was no significant crowd in City Lights at either time. It makes no sense why the crowd will not relocate to City Lights, your guess is as good as mine.

Classicos, Merengue, Club X & Winners Circle

As usual Classicos was the spot to be and the most crowded on Pedro Clisante. It was rumored they were charging 500 pesos cover charge but I found that to be untrue they were charging their normal 200 pesos.
    Merengue, Club X and Winners Circle were all light crowds due to it being a Wednesday night and it was raining on and off during the night.
    The usual crowd gathered outside of Classicos and subsequently dispersed after Classicos closed.

The future remains to be seen for the clubs on Pedro Clisante.

13. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 72,259 Times in 11,767 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deezl View Post
    there are other factors too, friends in the area, the beach/beaches, it's small so it's easy & quick to navigate/walkable, some pretty good restaurants, etc
    Familiarity is a reasonable reason to keep going to the Su. So is Playa de Sosua; it's a good, fairly-well-sheltered beach, with plenty of eye candy on display, and those beach-basic restaurants and shops add to the experience. For me, though, there is also Sosua Bay and the coral reefs.

My first visit to the DR was to Blackbeard's, prompted by things I'd read on ISG (before I'd heard of ISOC). I took a couple of scuba-diving trips from there ... problem was, I need a decent breakfast (low blood sugar, more properly functional hyperinsulinism) and the kitchen doesn't open till after I left for the dive trip. Plus, it was a 45-minute drive to the dive boat - on the El Batey end of Playa de Sosua.

Since then, I've been staying in Sosua, with the exception of an "invasion" trip with the I Found The Chicas crowd to Field of Dreams. Why drive 45 minutes and miss breakfast when I can walk to the dive boat in less than 10 minutes from Casa Cayena, or less than 5 minutes from Victorian House? After all, the real charm of Sosua, for me, is that I can enjoy both scuba-diving and mongering in the same neighborhood.

(Of course, Jimmy keeps telling me I can do the same in Boca Chica. Six weeks till I find out for myself....)
    I'm still "Just A Lurker."

The Chinese virus infected the Western world with Chinese-style totalitarian politics. ​- Gladiator

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. – H. L. Mencken

15. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

A witness on the other board now says RUMBAS IS BACK OPEN..

but Premium Disco and Bar is still CERRADO....

just FYI .

so back to normal.. which is the crazyness, which is Sosua..

17. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,477 Times in 4,501 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    Familiarity is a reasonable reason to keep going to the Su. So is Playa de Sosua; it's a good, fairly-well-sheltered beach, with plenty of eye candy on display, and those beach-basic restaurants and shops add to the experience. For me, though, there is also Sosua Bay and the coral reefs.

My first visit to the DR was to Blackbeard's, prompted by things I'd read on ISG (before I'd heard of ISOC). I took a couple of scuba-diving trips from there ... problem was, I need a decent breakfast (low blood sugar, more properly functional hyperinsulinism) and the kitchen doesn't open till after I left for the dive trip. Plus, it was a 45-minute drive to the dive boat - on the El Batey end of Playa de Sosua.

Since then, I've been staying in Sosua, with the exception of an "invasion" trip with the I Found The Chicas crowd to Field of Dreams. Why drive 45 minutes and miss breakfast when I can walk to the dive boat in less than 10 minutes from Casa Cayena, or less than 5 minutes from Victorian House? After all, the real charm of Sosua, for me, is that I can enjoy both scuba-diving and mongering in the same neighborhood.

(Of course, Jimmy keeps telling me I can do the same in Boca Chica. Six weeks till I find out for myself....)
    If you have any kind of standards , pickings are really slim in boca. If you e monger keep your contacts informed of your dates. Also, the pace is much slower. Depending on what you like that could be both good and bad. I enjoyed myself in the day , but the night life to me was lacking.
    You do You, I'm gonna Do Me!!

"Don't tell me what a man says, don't tell me what a man knows, tell me where he's traveled?"

19. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to tgunz For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Both are now open when I walked by.

A witness on the other board now says RUMBAS IS BACK OPEN..

but Premium Disco and Bar is still CERRADO....

just FYI .

so back to normal.. which is the crazyness, which is Sosua..

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Pedro Clisante May 21, 2015

Rumbas & Premium Sports Bar

Both Rumbas and the Premium Sports bar were re-opened apparently there were some tax discrepancies that have been resolved. Rumba was crowded as ever however Premium Sports Bar was dead.

Chez Mon Real Restaurant

There was still a crowd at Chez Mon Real Restaurant on the corner of Dr. Rosen and Pedro Clisante. This is not only an evening hangout spot but it has become an after-hours spot also with people sitting outside eating at 4 am. Many people use the take out window also however the food was very slow due to the amount of traffic the restaurant had to deal with.

City Lights Night Club

City Lights Night Club had a few chicas sitting at the chairs facing Pedro Clisante but for the most part it was dead.

Classicos, Merengue, Club X & Winners Circle

As usual Classicos was the spot to be and the most crowded on Pedro Clisante. It was nice up until about 1:30 am after which it became too crowded and I had to leave. I don’t feel safe when a venue with one exit doubles it’s recommended capacity. However in all fairness there were quite a few 8’s strutting their stuff inside.

Merengue, Club X and Winners Circle were all light crowds due to it being a Thursday night.

The usual crowd gathered outside of Classicos and subsequently dispersed after Classicos closed. Everyone went towards Chez Mon Real or After One.

22. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Wait, hold the phone " Chez Mon Real " ?
    Have i been napping in the back of the class
    .. where is this place ? and what is it...
    how do i miss these things... please someone elaborate.. for the slow kids in the class like me.

is that the place on the corner that used to have sand on the floor at one time ?

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Wait, hold the phone " Chez Mon Real " ?
    Have i been napping in the back of the class
    .. where is this place ? and what is it...
    how do i miss these things... please someone elaborate.. for the slow kids in the class like me.

is that the place on the corner that used to have sand on the floor at one time ?
    Yes sir that is the place.

Chez Mon Real Restaurant Dr. Rosen & Pedro Clisante

Early in the evening the Rumba crowd went to Chez Mon Real Restaurant on the corner of Dr Rosen and Pedro Clisante. Motos were lined up outside, people congregated outside standing and sitting in outdoor seating along with a large crowd inside gathered at the bar and standing in different parts of the club.

Since Rumbas was closed I chose to eat dinner there and had a Chicken Poutine which was white meat chicken over French fries and brown sauce. I thought was going to have a delicious Yaroa experience but I was greatly disappointed, so I left much of it uneaten. The dish was 350 pesos and hardly worth it.

The menu basically includes American standards such as hamburgers, wings and pizza at U.S. prices. The restaurant has a nice ambiance with outdoor seating, downstairs seating at the bar and upstairs seating in booths all of which have their individual flat screen televisions. They also have a to-go window where you can order food “para llevar”

The staff was a bit slow I suspect because they were over whelmed by the crowd due to the closing of Rumbas.

Aesthetically it is a very nice place however on this visit I was not impressed with the food.

26. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

It was also the old "Harrison Jewellers" back in the day.

28. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Siochana View Post
    It was also the old "Harrison Jewellers" back in the day.
    They closed?

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Pictures Re: 05/2015 Rumba's shut down????

Many years and restaurants ago...

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 29,716 Times in 4,467 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by camaro1257 View Post
    City Lights Night ClubCity Lights Night Club is the only place on Pedro Clisante that has the same feel as Rumbas with the space to entertain Rumbas crowds. It is an open air venue with a club in back and rooms on site that are available for rent. I checked in the early evening and later at night and there was no significant crowd in City Lights at either time. It makes no sense why the crowd will not relocate to City Lights, your guess is as good as mine.
    I was thinking that maybe the chicas don't want their clients to see where they are staying. Many of them stay right in that area and eat there while they are in Sosua. Just a guess at the reason but It would be nice. But what do I care.....

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SrSuerte For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information