Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 05/2015 - Camaro’s Puerto Plata Restaurant Guide

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 87,562 Times in 8,809 Posts

Re: 05/2015 - Camaro’s Puerto Plata Restaurant Guide

Blue Jack Tarr –Playa Dorado, Puerto Plata

Blue Jack Tarr is a restaurant inside Playa Dorado. You enter the gate at Playa Dorado then take a left and enter another gate with security for the Blue Jack Tarr complex. The Blue Jack Tarr complex has 2 restaurants a golf course and several condominium units on the property.

The restaurant is nothing short of incredible! It is an outdoor venue with tarps as ceilings and the decor is contemporary. There is soft jazz and Brazilian music playing in the background and the restaurant has a bar and a seating area where you can watch their 2 flat screen tv’s. There is a view of condo construction and a golf course.

Let me say the staff was OUTSTANDING! One waiter seats you and another waits on you pouring your beverages etc. The menu included items in the area of 500 pesos but other than 1 side everything else you ordered would be a la cart therefore with drinks for 2 it would be easy to leave paying 2000pesos or better. The menu included the typical foods steaks seafood and chicken. The food was very good I had grilled Mahi Mahi with a garlic butter sauce. An interesting part of the menu is the “sauce section” which includes various sauces that you can include with your dish.

I went to the bathroom and it was more immaculate that the restaurant! Then they have an aromatic candle at the bottom of each table that gives off a soft sent. All I can say is that this joint is “OFF DAH CHAIN!”

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdude View Post
    ... narthex intersection of 16 de agouti/12 de julio.
    ???? "A portico or lobby of an early Christian or Byzantine church or basilica, originally separated from the nave by a railing or screen".

Is this American usage?

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,106 Times in 4,436 Posts

"Damn auto-correct!"

Any bet's it's North East?

Quote Originally Posted by weyland View Post
    ???? "A portico or lobby of an early Christian or Byzantine church or basilica, originally separated from the nave by a railing or screen".

Is this American usage?
    When you can think of yesterday without regret and tomorrow without fear, you are near contentment.
    Your opinions are not my problem...

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,129 Times in 9,453 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by camaro1257 View Post
    Yessssur, this city is rich with eating establishments! As I discover them I will continue to update the thread.
    Please keep the great information coming. Unfortunately, many mongers don't leave that one street in Sosua for an entire 7 day trip.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

The Bottle Club-Calle Luis Ginebra, Puerto Plata

The Bottle Club is on the same Street as La Palacio de Justicia going towards La Sirena. There is an outside balcony with a bar and white chairs & couches along with tables. The indoor section has seating in the center and couches along the walls. There is a bar on the inside that has bottles hanging down from the ceiling and all the walls are decorated with bottles of different types of alcohol. There is a flat-screen TV and the staff will put on whatever you would like to watch.
    The venue is more of a bar serving various types of alcoholic beverages than it is a restaurant however they do serve food and have a small kitchen. The menu includes sandwiches and light Mexican dishes like fajitas & tacos most food items were less than 500 pesos. I only had an appetizer of Italian sausage since it was so late and I enjoyed it.

The wait staff was professional I enjoyed the upscale ambiance and I definitely wouldn’t mind going again.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,363 Times in 78,282 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by psriches View Post
    Please keep the great information coming. Unfortunately, many mongers don't leave that one street in Sosua for an entire 7 day trip.
    Yea but there are more than enough of us that do.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Jamvi’s Pizzaria & Seafood. Malecon, Puerto Plata

Jamvi’s restaurant is located on the Malecon, there are 2 levels both face the Malecon and Playa Puerto Plata so you can see and hear the waves from the beach. I originally wanted to go because I thought the restaurant was only a pizzeria but I discovered it was a full service restaurant with an extensive menu. The menu include high end lobster for 600 pesos to chicken and fish averaging around 400 pesos. I had a medium chicken pizza for 300 pesos. I have had several pizzas in the Dominican Republic and I have not been pleased but this was the best. The sauce had a semi sweet taste and the crust was decent.

I went during the early afternoon so there was only 1 waiter however his service was very good and there wasn’t a long wait for the food however it has been reported that at times service can be lacking. Jamvi’s is another Puerto Plata restaurant that I would have no problem returning to.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,106 Times in 4,436 Posts

Idea Re: 05/2015 - Camaro’s Puerto Plata Restaurant Guide

I suspect you'll enjoy this place

http://dominicantreasures.com/es/skina-bar-restaurant/

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,791 Times in 353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Siochana View Post
    I went to Skina once a few months ago and the food was excellent but the service was beyond bad even by Dominican standards,an hour and a half wait for our food and the place wasn't crowded. I plan to try it again though because the food was so good.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to quietcorner911 For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information