Thread: Dominican Republic will be checking fingerprints of tourists

Thanks
    Thanked 10,220 Times in 1,957 Posts

Dominican Republic will be checking fingerprints of tourists

JCE and migration will capture fingerprints to anyone entering or leaving the country

30/06/2015 06:12 PM - drafting

El presidente de la Junta Central Electoral, Roberto Rosario Márquez, y el director General de Migración, Mayor General Rubén Dario Paulino Sem, firman la declaración conjunta.
    The President of the Central Electoral Board, Roberto Rosario Márquez, and the General director of migration, major General Ruben Dario Paulino Sem, signed the joint statement. (External source)

•The Central Electoral Board (JCE) announced Tuesday the expansion of plan and verification of persons who enter or leave the country, by all national airports or border crossings of inputs and outputs, using scanners to capture fingerprints, cameras and other equipment that will operate across the country.

A joint statement signed on the subject by the JCE, Roberto Rosario Márquez, President and national director of migration, major general Ruben Dario Paulino Sem, to carry out the aforementioned process of verification of foreigners.

According to a press release, the JCE will cooperate with 50 teams of reading of biometric data of people, also called scans of fingerprints and other accessories, as well as consultation mechanisms and identification of persons who leave or enter Dominican territory.

While migration will have the facilities, personnel and technological and logistical means for reading, record and process information that can be obtained from the JCE for identification and individualization of those who enter or leave the country.

Purposes, both parties undertake to develop a query interface so that migration can access the master file of Cedulados via the web or a web, through consultation application created for online registration, identification or people update processes so that they have access to any record in the database, which includes biometric formation in query mode.

While migration is committed to refer to the JCE, within a reasonable time, the relationship of the persons whose residence permit has been cancelled. This will allow the election agency supervision or cancellation of the identity of foreigners, as appropriate in the event that it is.

If it requires a storage device for the implementation of this joint statement they will be acquired by migration.

The note adds that this joint declaration has as precedent the commitment dating back to 2014 when the JCE and the Ministry of Interior and police took an agreement approved by the national migration Council, concerning the National Plan of regulation of foreigners in an irregular situation in the Dominican Republic.

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks

Re: Dominican Republic will be checking fingerprints of tourists

I wonder if they will be doing like Canada and not let tourist enter with criminal records

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MyTio For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 31,734 Times in 3,148 Posts

I understand the need to do thing like that but it makes no sense since they have so many other areas of need.
    "If pussy was a stock, it would be plummeting right now, because you flooded the market with it, you are giving it away too easy" -Dave Chappelle

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to BigLongBeach For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 29,784 Times in 2,952 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BigLongBeach View Post
    I understand the need to do thing like that but it makes no sense since they have so many other areas of need.
    Who do you think is the driving force behind this?
    Who do you think paid for and installed the technology?
    Who do you think has been doing the same, including face photos, to visitors for the best part of the last decade?
    Who do you think is paranoid about what their own citizens are up to?

Here's a clue, they have a bullshit song that chimes on about the 'land of the free'

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,213 Times in 1,597 Posts

How long before all of their equipment is broken and they just wave tourists on thru.

9. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Happyhorn For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

I predict.......

Longer lines at Immigrations.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    - Benjamin Franklin

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 49,149 Times in 7,404 Posts

shaking mi head on this one.....talk about a log jamb entering the country........dayum

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SeaWeed For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 31,159 Times in 5,854 Posts

I can guarantee you the moment the technology is available to screen out users of multiple passports/identities by adopting biometrical passports, technology to fake individual fingerprints and other data is going to be available.
    ‘Forbear to judge, for we are sinners all’

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to questner For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 164,725 Times in 30,459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MyTio View Post
    I wonder if they will be doing like Canada and not let tourist enter with criminal records
    The. USA has been doing this for over a decade,.......
    But they have a waiver program to apply for pre approved entry
    Canada also has a similar program
    you only live once, but if you live it right once is enough

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to whynotme For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I wonder if the DR will let traveler know in advance or will the just spring it on them at arrival then demand some kind of fee

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MyTio For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 164,725 Times in 30,459 Posts

I wonder if the DR will let traveler know in advance or will the just spring it on them at arrival then demand some kind of fee
    It will always entail a fee ..... After you have landed

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to whynotme For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,225 Times in 273 Posts

I just got here with a buddy of mine from JFK to POP on July 4th. I sent my wife and kid down a week earlier so she could see her family (she is Dominican), she would be meeting us at the airport. Upon arrival they took all single men off the line before getting their passports stamped into a room for an interrogation. They were asking why we were coming here, how many times have we been here before and bullshit like this. It was a real jerk job, you had about 15-20 year old kids asking the same question and then 1 would say ok you can go, the other would say no sit down. They photocopied all my paperwork like 5 times.

After about 40 minutes I got a little angry and started to walk off telling them I had to go meet my wife and kid outside, they wanted proof of that as well. The took my passport, called the police and walked me outside to interview my wife.

When I returned inside my friend was gone, put back on the plane and sent back home. All they kept saying was "your friend is a criminal" they also sent one other guy back home as well.

My friend had a DWI about 4 years ago, other than that he has no other problems with the law. When my wife asked them what was going on and one of the guys said that my friend was here to be with underage girls and he had to go. Now my friend has been here 3 times before and under no circumstances was he ever near and underage girl. Had my wife and kid not been outside I was told I would have been sent home as well.

How's that for a POP trip
    "The Brinks Truck Never Follows The Hearse"

23. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to howudoen For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,361 Times in 13,901 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by howudoen View Post
    I just got here with a buddy of mine from JFK to POP on July 4th. I sent my wife and kid down a week earlier so she could see her family (she is Dominican), she would be meeting us at the airport. Upon arrival they took all single men off the line before getting their passports stamped into a room for an interrogation. They were asking why we were coming here, how many times have we been here before and bullshit like this. It was a real jerk job, you had about 15-20 year old kids asking the same question and then 1 would say ok you can go, the other would say no sit down. They photocopied all my paperwork like 5 times.

After about 40 minutes I got a little angry and started to walk off telling them I had to go meet my wife and kid outside, they wanted proof of that as well. The took my passport,
    called the police and walked me outside to interview my wife.

When I returned inside my friend was gone, put back on the plane and sent back home. All they kept saying was "your friend is a criminal" they also sent one other guy back
    home as well.

My friend had a DWI about 4 years ago, other than that he has no other problems with the law. When my wife asked them what was going on and one of the guys said that my friend was here to be with underage girls and he had to go. Now my friend has been here 3 times before and under no circumstances was he ever near and underage girl. Had my wife and kid not been outside I was told I would have been sent home as well.

How's that for a POP trip

Deeply troubling.
    Last edited by Dick Dawson; 07-07-2015 at 12:27 AM. Reason: fixed quote
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

25. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

So the guy who was sent home had a 4 year old DUI this will be very bad for a lot of guy who have minor charges

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MyTio For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,225 Times in 273 Posts

So the guy who was sent home had a 4 year old DUI this will be very bad for a lot of guy who have minor charges
    That is the only thing he has ever had on his record. They didn't say that was the reason, they kept saying to me and to him that he is a criminal. When my wife was speaking to them, one of them said to her that, he was here for underage girls and that was the reason. So who the fucks knows and if it wasn't for my wife and kid I was going home also and I have nothing on my record.

29. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to howudoen For This Useful Post:

Thread Information