Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 07/2015 - Camaro’s view of Boca Chica & Calle Duarte July 2015

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 87,562 Times in 8,809 Posts

07/2015 - Camaro’s view of Boca Chica & Calle Duarte July 2015

Camaro’s view of Boca Chica & Calle Duarte July 2015

I spent the 4th of July weekend with friends in Boca Chica, therefore I will share some of the current happenings in Boca Chica specifically the area of Calle Duarte. I was only in town for 2 days therefore I did not take an exhaustive look at Boca Chica because there was insufficient time.
    The below listed notes are submitted for your review.

Hotel Garant & Suites 9 Sanchez Boca Chica

Hotel Garant is in a good location because you can walk to Parque Central, Calle Duarte and Playa Boca Chica within 5 minutes. The hotel has a downstairs balcony that is used as a dining room area that faces the street so you can watch the foot traffic going to the strip. During the course of the day different groups of chicas will hang out in the balcony area waiting for clients who are staying in the hotel much like New Garden chicas.
    The reception area has a pool table and desk top computer that is available for guest. Most of the rooms have air-conditioning, they have basic furnishings with queen size beds. I had a room with air conditioning that was not super cold but it left the room very comfortable during the heat of the summer.
    I didn’t use the pool, WIFI, TV or room safe but they all were available. The hotel was guest friendly with chicas being required to leave their cedula at the front desk. I enjoyed my stay at the hotel and would gladly stay again if I were return to Boca Chica.

Playa Boca Chica

Playa Boca Chica is the focal point of the area and on Sundays many locals use the beach for recreation. The beach is full of touts selling their wares and can be very annoying. There are plenty of women that use the beach but tenga mucho cuidado because some are civilians that are not in play as well as others are not of age. There are a plethora of restaurants available for you to eat your favorite seafood.

Calle Duarte

Calle Duarte is the primary street in Boca Chica where you can find most of the action both day and night. The street is closed after 8 pm to vehicular traffic and the different restaurants and night clubs put their tables and chairs out on the street. There are plenty of casas de cambio and a Banco Popular ATM that is available for those who need them.
    There are a plethora of restaurants that offer everything from Italian to comida tipica. Below I have listed some of the venues on Calle Duarte but there are too many to make an exhaustive list.

Parque Central

Parque Central is on the west end of Calle Duarte next to Policia Nacional Headquarters for Boca Chica. It is a small park with greenery and park benches. It is frequented by locals laughing joking and playing dominoes along with working girls sprinkled in. Once again tenga mucho cuidado because some of the chicas are civilians who are not in play and are there with their family and friends.

Colmado El Maestro

Colmado El Maestro is a convenient store that has a few chairs out in front where you can buy your favorite beverage and sit and watch the chica traffic. It is a gathering place for some street chicas later in the afternoon and evening.

Piano Bar

The Piano Bar is one of the primary venues on Calle Duarte. The venue has 3 basic parts they place chairs on the street and have waitresses outside to serve you. There is an open air section next to the bar with seating and the inside of the club. The Piano Bar is the primary early evening pick up spot for Calle Duarte before El Batey gets cranking after midnight. The waitresses are available for a 1000 pesos salida and whatever you negotiate with the individual chica.

Bar Latino Club Bachata

Bar Latino had one of the waitresses sitting outside soliciting pedestrian traffic to come inside. The inside of the venue is very nice inside with couches chairs a bar and an area for dancing and a stripper pole. The waitresses will dance clothed for tips and are available to go out with patrons however the deal is strictly between the chic and the client there is no salida.

El Batey

El Batey is the primary Calle Duarte venue after midnight. The traffic varies depending on the day of the week with the major crowd gathering after 2am. Security checks you down stairs and you walk up stairs to several seating areas. There is a dance floor, section that faces inside the club, section that faces Calle Duarte and you can watch the foot traffic and a back balcony that has an open air feel. Again you want to tenga mucho cuidado while most of the women are in play there are clearly some civilians who are with their novios family and friends.

The above just covers some of the main Calle Duarte venues.

Sosua vs Boca Chica and Pricing

There are several differences between Sosua and Boca Chica one being the pricing. It is very easy to get chicas in Boca Chica for 1000-1500 pesos ST & 2000 pesos TLN. Where as in Sosua 2000 pesos is the new 1500 pesos and it is not uncommon for people to pay 3000 pesos for ST. Another primary difference is the presence of Haitianas vs Dominicanas along with the quality level. High end very attractive chicas travel to Sosua more frequently than Boca Chica because it is understood they can easily earn more money.
    The talent level leaves much to be desires and if you can find a 7 you are doing well. It appeared to me that the more attractive chicas were with boyfriends or family and friends.

Las Haitianas de Boca Chica

I anecdotally found the Haitians to be more distant and less friendly than Sosua Haitianas who are more approachable and humble. I approached a very attractive Haitiana who looked like she fell out of a magazine and after greeting her she looked at me like I was stupid. I was later told that she was the “Queen Bee Haitiana” and she commands no less than 3000 pesos. It is reported Afro Americans are rejected by some Boca Chica Haitianas because they have been spoiled by Europeans who sometimes spend more money on them.

Conclusion

Since my stay was only for 2 days I did not get a chance to check the casa de citas and other venues that the town has to offer. This is low season and there were neither many tourist nor chicas available during my stay. In found the chicas in general to be more detached and less friendly than Sosua. Both Boca Chica and Sosua are “Hoe Towns” but Sosua is my “Hoe Town” because I am more familiar with it and feel very comfortable there but as in everything YMMV.

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 113,285 Times in 14,580 Posts

Re: Camaro’s view of Boca Chica & Calle Duarte July 2015

Nice recap
    Thanks for taking the time to put it together.

Would you say the playa is nicer in Sosua or Boca?
    I am the pussy licker ​Let's have some fun. Not invisible. Snitches are pathetic little people!
    Disclaimer. This post may not be in response to a post by Greybaby. So Greybaby doesn't need to cry about it. Rover has you pegged to a T

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by j_d66 View Post
    Nice recap
    Thanks for taking the time to put it together.

Would you say the playa is nicer in Sosua or Boca?
    I would say Playa Boca Chica is better because it's more diverse in terms of the traffic. There are more civilians on Playa Boca Chica since it's close to the Capital and a place for recreation. Some Sosua chicas will ask for 3000 pesos on the beach but that is unheard of in Boca Chica.

Thanks
    Thanked 35,868 Times in 4,610 Posts

I'll add, from my latest experience in BC, if you're looking for a fly Dominicana rather than Haitianas, the best bet is to step up your Spanish game and check out the side streets, side street bars etc...I've noticed a world of difference between them and the Duarate Dominicanas.
    Me gusta mujeres mas oscuro que yo.

Thanks
    Thanked 51,264 Times in 7,382 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by el toro View Post
    I'll add, from my latest experience in BC, if you're looking for a fly Dominicana rather than Haitianas, the best bet is to step up your Spanish game and check out the side streets, side street bars etc...I've noticed a world of difference between them and the Duarate Dominicanas.
    Totally agree with this view. I was hanging with yayow last year, my 2nd trip into BC, and he took me on a little tour of town a bit west of Duarte and a couple of streets north. It was in the neighborhood where he had lived prior to making his move to the beach.

Several people were hanging out in front of the bars and colmados, all were locals. Had an almost street party feel to it, rather than the touristy Duarte area. It was refreshing to say the least. Wasn't approached by any chicas demanding 3000 pesos, or spoiled by any baller gringos. Just a nice and pleasant area to enjoy the evening and take in the local scene.

yayow told me that the chicas in that area very seldom if ever venture down to Duarte. So their attitudes could be a nice change of pace. And if yayow tells you something about Boca, you can beleive it.

Thanks
    Thanked 22,420 Times in 1,613 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by camaro1257 View Post
    I would say Playa Boca Chica is better because it's more diverse in terms of the traffic. There are more civilians on Playa Boca Chica since it's close to the Capital and a place for recreation. Some Sosua chicas will ask for 3000 pesos on the beach but that is unheard of in Boca Chica.
    I hope you're basing this purely off factors that don't involve anything but the actual quality of the beach, because Boca Chica is by far one of the worst beaches in the DR, I never thought the term "barrial" could be use for a beach, but that's probably the one way to describe Boca Chica. I've never met, or heard a Dominican that had anything positive to say about the beach itself.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 49,149 Times in 7,404 Posts

personally mi like the layout of the Boca Chica beach since it runs parallel to the the main street..
    with having to find your way to the Sosua Beach and having it away from the main street...it's kinda a bummer
    of course mi use to the 7 miles of beach in Negril, Jamaica which is one of the top ten beaches in the world...
    so mi not really looking for a beach in the DR when mi visit.......the DR gurls are enuff.......lol

10. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to SeaWeed For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,376 Times in 13,906 Posts

I anecdotally found the Haitians to be more distant and less friendly than Sosua Haitianas who are more approachable and humble. I approached a very attractive Haitiana who looked like she fell out of a magazine and after greeting her she looked at me like I was stupid. I was later told that she was the “Queen Bee Haitiana” and she commands no less than 3000 pesos. It is reported Afro Americans are rejected by some Boca Chica Haitianas because they have been spoiled by Europeans who sometimes spend more money on them.
    Was that the tits on a stick that was talking to me, or the other tall bushy haired amazon that came in just before I left?
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

Dunno but the force was with me strong and I went with my gut and was not disappointed. Maybe I have some past life connection to Haiti. I was happy to find that My Haitians have not been run out of town and are going stronger than ever. Massage Lady just left the castle and I'm feeling real good. Sorry for piggy-backing on your T.R. but I'm feeling too lazy to start my own right now. Between my swim and the massage Lady and all those cuba libres I'm a little wobbly right now. 95 degrees didn't help none.

I swam to the break, walked across it and swam in the surf. That's a hella dropoff.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    - Benjamin Franklin

14. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    Was that the tits on a stick that was talking to me, or the other tall bushy haired amazon that came in just before I left?
    She was at the Piano Bar I don't believe you saw her.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by greydread View Post
    Dunno but the force was with me strong and I went with my gut and was not disappointed. Maybe I have some past life connection to Haiti. I was happy to find that My Haitians have not been run out of town and are going stronger than ever. Massage Lady just left the castle and I'm feeling real good. Sorry for piggy-backing on your T.R. but I'm feeling too lazy to start my own right now. Between my swim and the massage Lady and all those cuba libres I'm a little wobbly right now. 95 degrees didn't help none.

I swam to the break, walked across it and swam in the surf. That's a hella dropoff.
    No problem it was good meeting you!

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hanzo View Post
    I hope you're basing this purely off factors that don't involve anything but the actual quality of the beach, because Boca Chica is by far one of the worst beaches in the DR, I never thought the term "barrial" could be use for a beach, but that's probably the one way to describe Boca Chica. I've never met, or heard a Dominican that had anything positive to say about the beach itself.
    My personal preference for Playa Boca Chica over Playa Sousa is purely subjective and only based on my few times going to both beaches.

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 72,260 Times in 11,768 Posts

I'll add this from the perspective of someone riding a small powerboat that was coming in to the Boca Chica beach next to the Boathouse -

Holy fuck, was it crowded with little kids and other clueless swimmers!

I've been out scuba-diving (doesn't that figure), Saturday morning and both morning and afternoon today. Tropical Sea Divers' boat comes in to the beach just west of the Boathouse, and (of course) the lagoon inside the breakwater is very shallow for a long way out. TSD's skippers are thorough professionals, and they nosed our way through the young kids, the older kids and the gossiping parents and brought us in to knee-deep water where we had an easy time taking our gear off the boat and strolling in to the shore. Much more comfortable than the Sosua surf.

It was good to meet you, Camaro, and to meet Yayow, Jimmy, Skynyrd, Hunter, JD, and everyone else whose soubriquets I've forgotten.
    I'm still "Just A Lurker."

The Chinese virus infected the Western world with Chinese-style totalitarian politics. ​- Gladiator

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. – H. L. Mencken

Blog Entries
    Thanks

My personal preference for Playa Boca Chica over Playa Sousa is purely subjective and only based on my few times going to both beaches.
    I hear you. It's a bit like the argument about which is the stronger fashion statement; flip-flops or crocs

Other than Playa Rincon there's not a beach of note in the D.R. and even that doesn't compare to the JA Island's 7-mile beach. Boca Chica's charm isn't dependent upon its beach. There's something about the place, maybe its proximity to the capital. Watching the day/ night transition or just the fact that you can get everywhere in an easy walk. Personally, I just feel comfortable, having been coming to Boca for almost a decade and knowing many of the residents, business owners, freelancers and even the hustlers. I've watched Ho's grow old here and in the capital and I've watched shoe shine boys grow up to become moto-kings.

It's amazing how I have never actually bought a shoe shine from these kids but I have walked them down to the chinese joint and bought chicken and fries for them and then to have a grown man walk up to me years later and remind me of making his day as a kid years ago is a definite smile starter. Even the Ho houses (which seem to relocate every year) feel like family but then I'm just an ole dirty bastit, what do I know? You happy, me happy

Thanks
    Thanked 16,394 Times in 2,280 Posts

I was in Boca Chica for 2 days during memorial day weekend. Swore that I'm never going back. Too many aggressive hustlers and a relatively low quality in chicas. Not enough options for vacation rentals either.

24. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to DCIronman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,264 Times in 7,382 Posts

This is one of the benefits of being a member of this board. Reading virtually opposing views of the same place at the same time by different bm's.

Just goes to show what is one man's treasure is another man's junk. And if you took those same guys up to Sosua, it very well could be opposing views about that place too. Only the guys would be flip flopping their views.

Aside from the beach, which to me is much better looking in Sosua, I think the major difference with both places is that in my experience, I think it is easier in Boca to find yourself away from the touristy spots and more into a genuine Dominican neighborhood that is pretty much devoid of the tourists or gringos.

The contrast is most noticable at night. Maybe the typical tourist might be a little intimidated of venturing out beyond Duarte in Boca as opposed to venturing out away from Pedro in Sosua. But I have always been drawn to those "fish out of water" scenarios. And I think a lot of us on here feel the same way.

It can make for a good story to tell later on!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smooth View Post
    This is one of the benefits of being a member of this board. Reading virtually opposing views of the same place at the same time by different bm's.

Just goes to show what is one man's treasure is another man's junk. And if you took those same guys up to Sosua, it very well could be opposing views about that place too. Only the guys would be flip flopping their views.

Aside from the beach, which to me is much better looking in Sosua, I think the major difference with both places is that in my experience, I think it is easier in Boca to find yourself away from the touristy spots and more into a genuine Dominican neighborhood that is pretty much devoid of the tourists or gringos.

The contrast is most noticable at night. Maybe the typical tourist might be a little intimidated of venturing out beyond Duarte in Boca as opposed to venturing out away from Pedro in Sosua. But I have always been drawn to those "fish out of water" scenarios. And I think a lot of us on here feel the same way.

It can make for a good story to tell later on!
    Dimelo hermano!

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 44,288 Times in 7,548 Posts

I spent the 4th of July weekend with friends in Boca Chica, therefore I will share some of the current happenings in Boca Chica specifically the area of Calle Duarte. I was only in town for 2 days therefore I did not take an exhaustive look at Boca Chica because there was insufficient time.
    The below listed notes are submitted for your review.

Hotel Garant & Suites 9 Sanchez Boca Chica

Hotel Garant is in a good location because you can walk to Parque Central, Calle Duarte and Playa Boca Chica within 5 minutes. The hotel has a downstairs balcony that is used as a dining room area that faces the street so you can watch the foot traffic going to the strip. During the course of the day different groups of chicas will hang out in the balcony area waiting for clients who are staying in the hotel much like New Garden chicas.
    The reception area has a pool table and desk top computer that is available for guest. Most of the rooms have air-conditioning, they have basic furnishings with queen size beds. I had a room with air conditioning that was not super cold but it left the room very comfortable during the heat of the summer.
    I didn’t use the pool, WIFI, TV or room safe but they all were available. The hotel was guest friendly with chicas being required to leave their cedula at the front desk. I enjoyed my stay at the hotel and would gladly stay again if I were return to Boca Chica.

Playa Boca Chica

Playa Boca Chica is the focal point of the area and on Sundays many locals use the beach for recreation. The beach is full of touts selling their wares and can be very annoying. There are plenty of women that use the beach but tenga mucho cuidado because some are civilians that are not in play as well as others are not of age. There are a plethora of restaurants available for you to eat your favorite seafood.

Calle Duarte

Calle Duarte is the primary street in Boca Chica where you can find most of the action both day and night. The street is closed after 8 pm to vehicular traffic and the different restaurants and night clubs put their tables and chairs out on the street. There are plenty of casas de cambio and a Banco Popular ATM that is available for those who need them.
    There are a plethora of restaurants that offer everything from Italian to comida tipica. Below I have listed some of the venues on Calle Duarte but there are too many to make an exhaustive list.

Parque Central

Parque Central is on the west end of Calle Duarte next to Policia Nacional Headquarters for Boca Chica. It is a small park with greenery and park benches. It is frequented by locals laughing joking and playing dominoes along with working girls sprinkled in. Once again tenga mucho cuidado because some of the chicas are civilians who are not in play and are there with their family and friends.

Colmado El Maestro

Colmado El Maestro is a convenient store that has a few chairs out in front where you can buy your favorite beverage and sit and watch the chica traffic. It is a gathering place for some street chicas later in the afternoon and evening.

Piano Bar

The Piano Bar is one of the primary venues on Calle Duarte. The venue has 3 basic parts they place chairs on the street and have waitresses outside to serve you. There is an open air section next to the bar with seating and the inside of the club. The Piano Bar is the primary early evening pick up spot for Calle Duarte before El Batey gets cranking after midnight. The waitresses are available for a 1000 pesos salida and whatever you negotiate with the individual chica.

Bar Latino Club Bachata

Bar Latino had one of the waitresses sitting outside soliciting pedestrian traffic to come inside. The inside of the venue is very nice inside with couches chairs a bar and an area for dancing and a stripper pole. The waitresses will dance clothed for tips and are available to go out with patrons however the deal is strictly between the chic and the client there is no salida.

El Batey

El Batey is the primary Calle Duarte venue after midnight. The traffic varies depending on the day of the week with the major crowd gathering after 2am. Security checks you down stairs and you walk up stairs to several seating areas. There is a dance floor, section that faces inside the club, section that faces Calle Duarte and you can watch the foot traffic and a back balcony that has an open air feel. Again you want to tenga mucho cuidado while most of the women are in play there are clearly some civilians who are with their novios family and friends.

The above just covers some of the main Calle Duarte venues.

Sosua vs Boca Chica and Pricing

There are several differences between Sosua and Boca Chica one being the pricing. It is very easy to get chicas in Boca Chica for 1000-1500 pesos ST & 2000 pesos TLN. Where as in Sosua 2000 pesos is the new 1500 pesos and it is not uncommon for people to pay 3000 pesos for ST. Another primary difference is the presence of Haitianas vs Dominicanas along with the quality level. High end very attractive chicas travel to Sosua more frequently than Boca Chica because it is understood they can easily earn more money.
    The talent level leaves much to be desires and if you can find a 7 you are doing well. It appeared to me that the more attractive chicas were with boyfriends or family and friends.

Conclusion

Since my stay was only for 2 days I did not get a chance to check the casa de citas and other venues that the town has to offer. This is low season and there were neither many tourist nor chicas available during my stay. In found the chicas in general to be more detached and less friendly than Sosua. Both Boca Chica and Sosua are “Hoe Towns” but Sosua is my “Hoe Town” because I am more familiar with it and feel very comfortable there but as in everything YMMV.
    Thanx for the enlightment, Ive never been to Boca Chica, and was surprised that they do have a decent strip area!! Wish someone took some pics at night on the strip or in the clubs
    The best thing about an ass, is when it is sitting on my face!!

29. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jimbo44 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smooth View Post
    I think the major difference with both places is that in my experience, I think it is easier in Boca to find yourself away from the touristy spots and more into a genuine Dominican neighborhood that is pretty much devoid of the tourists or gringos.
    This^

Just blocks away from the strip you're immersed in the world they live in. A lot of the Chicas at the various colmados in the various barrios wouldn't be caught dead on Calle Duarte. They'll show up at El Batey on some nights but rarely venture out of their comfort zone. Boca Chica is complex. It has the point-and-click component, though not on a large scale and there is so much going on nearby and all over town. The casas are well off the strip and there aren't many gringos who frequent them.

I'm sorry but there's just no comparison between so-sewer and being 20 minutes away from a city of 3 million. Yesterday we ate breakfast, hung out at the beach, walked around the corner to the Garant to visit, went back to Villa Florencia to catch an hour massage and clean up, got in the limo, spent 6 hours in the Capital, came back and ate dinner at the Village, wandered down Duarte (finally caught up with Yayow) and had a cerveza with the fellas while my night nurse waited in the wings, called it in early and had a great night, back at VOTB for breakfast with the Caribbean as ambiance at 8.

If there is more to life, I don't need to know about it. I'm good with this.

31. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 22,420 Times in 1,613 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by greydread View Post
    This^

Just blocks away from the strip you're immersed in the world they live in. A lot of the Chicas at the various colmados in the various barrios wouldn't be caught dead on Calle Duarte. They'll show up at El Batey on some nights but rarely venture out of their comfort zone. Boca Chica is complex. It has the point-and-click component, though not on a large scale and there is so much going on nearby and all over town. The casas are well off the strip and there aren't many gringos who frequent them.

I'm sorry but there's just no comparison between so-sewer and being 20 minutes away from a city of 3 million. Yesterday we ate breakfast, hung out at the beach, walked around the corner to the Garant to visit, went back to Villa Florencia to catch an hour massage and clean up, got in the limo, spent 6 hours in the Capital, came back and ate dinner at the Village, wandered down Duarte (finally caught up with Yayow) and had a cerveza with the fellas while my night nurse waited in the wings, called it in early and had a great night, back at VOTB for breakfast with the Caribbean as ambiance at 8.

If there is more to life, I don't need to know about it. I'm good with this.

I understand there is no right, or wrong preference, everything is primarily based on the individual person, and what appeals to them, but as someone whose spent an unholy amount of time in SDQ throughout the course of their life, and especially recently, while also popping my Sosua cherry, I still can't find the appeal of Boca Chica, maybe it's a cultural thing, because every time I've ever brought Boca Chica up in discussion with another Dominican, they'll usually go on a rant about how awful Boca Chica is, and how Juan Dolio is superior.

To me Boca Chica is ruined by how aggressive the tots on the beach are, I went there with my wing about 3 trips ago, and the same dude kept circling back around trying to sell us his painting, it wasn't until the threat of physical violence was established that he finally got the point. In my experience thats the norm in Boca Chica.

33. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Hanzo For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information