Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 07/2015 - Not much of a trip report

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

07/2015 - Not much of a trip report

I owe it to the board. You go, you show. After a 1 hr. wait at Dulles, we finally got off the ground on 3 July to SDQ via MIA.

I'm glad I caught a last second discount and paid less than the standard $500 or I'd have been pissed. Got to MIA and there were rolling thunderstorms so we didn't lift off until 1am. The SDQ arrive time was 11:59 so I called my xfer and let them know we'd be arriving 3 hours late.

It was worth it.

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    - Benjamin Franklin

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: Not much of a trip report

So me and the wing man get to Villa Florencia with a message from Sergio (the manager)....we'll settle up tomorrow. Woke up in 5 hours to a wonderful tomorrow.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

1st order of business. Of course. Go to the beach. At 7am it's a special place. Get there before the scavengers and you're in Heaven.

Thanks
    Thanked 72,262 Times in 11,768 Posts

It was worth it. Great to meet up with you again, and great to put faces and personalities together with some of the men whose exploits I've been reading for the past five years on this board ... Jimmy, JayJay, Hunter, Skynyrd, Yayow, Mr. Happy....

As much as I strive to be self-sufficient, I still find it wonderful to meet up with a few like-minded gents and chill out on a vacation like this one, where warm sun, cold beer, and hot chicas are the order of the day.
    I'm still "Just A Lurker."

The Chinese virus infected the Western world with Chinese-style totalitarian politics. ​- Gladiator

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. – H. L. Mencken

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Spent the day at the beach. I heard there was a party somewhere so we went to the Garant but nobody there. So we went back to the beach, camped out at Village on the Beach (my favorite spot in the world), ate and drank and after the sunset (not to be missed) we stumbled out onto Duarte and onto the ISOC Man Whores.

I stopped into the Piano Bar and fell upon a young Lady from Haiti without a direction. Her Spanish was worse than mine and she spoke no English at all. Fortunately my 3 years of high school French and the two years working in Montreal and Geneva a lifetime ago kicked in to save the day. She wasn't the prettiest or the sexiest that day but she had something that I really liked. Confident and demure, she knew how to wait her turn, knowing that once it came she would run things....and that she did.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    It was worth it. Great to meet up with you again, and great to put faces and personalities together with some of the men whose exploits I've been reading for the past five years on this board ... Jimmy, JayJay, Hunter, Skynyrd, Yayow, Mr. Happy....

As much as I strive to be self-sufficient, I still find it wonderful to meet up with a few like-minded gents and chill out on a vacation like this one, where warm sun, cold beer, and hot chicas are the order of the day.
    Always a pleasure, my Brother. I am still kicking myself for missing Mr Happy, one of my favorite expats anywhere. Hell I had to double back and sneak up on y'all to catch up with Yayow. Told night nurse to wait at the Piano bar with an open tab while we caught up. I love it when a Bitch understands how to follow directions.

I'm glad I made this trip. My Woman back home went crazy but a few yards of pipe and a couple weeks later, she's back in line.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

So not much of note. I really like my Haitian friend so I made her an offer I knew she couldn't refuse. I gave her $2K DOP per night for the 4 nights we'd spend together. We met at 8pm and she'd leave between 6-8am in the morning. 3 hole access and she treated me like her long lost love. What a sweetie. She made the hours seem short. Daily dalliances on my part didn't distract from our nightly communal.

If I were 30 years younger, she'd be having my baby. At 60, all she gets is a mouthful of doodad juice. In my bedroom....at the castle...

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post

I met you and Grey this trip.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by greydread View Post
    Always a pleasure, my Brother. I am still kicking myself for missing Mr Happy, one of my favorite expats anywhere. Hell I had to double back and sneak up on y'all to catch up with Yayow. Told night nurse to wait at the Piano bar with an open tab while we caught up. I love it when a Bitch understands how to follow directions.

I'm glad I made this trip. My Woman back home went crazy but a few yards of pipe and a couple weeks later, she's back in line.
    Some do know how to follow directions.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: 07/2015 - Not much of a trip report

So on Monday my wingman and I did the Santo Domingo tour since it was his first time in the DR. 1st stop: Tres Ojos.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I read on DR1 (before I got banned) about the construction going on in Zona Colonial

Hearing about it is one thing....

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Of course there's no visiting CZ without buying something so we chose a 10 pack of Flor Dominicana Oros

Thanks
    Thanked 97,678 Times in 17,146 Posts

Grey did a 007 on us and just showed up. I caught him though at the Piano Bar. Cant miss the Grey. I think that is first time he met Jimmy.....

Good seeing you again. I will have to take that tour of that underground river. That looks cool. Look forward to a future report

17. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    Grey did a 007 on us and just showed up. I caught him though at the Piano Bar. Cant miss the Grey. I think that is first time he met Jimmy.....

Good seeing you again. I will have to take that tour of that underground river. That looks cool. Look forward to a future report
    I'm glad we caught up with you guys. The tour was only $30 each and included CZ, Tres Ojos and the Presidential Palace (you could fit the White House in a corner of that place).

Next trip is on for Veterans weekend. Hopefully by then I'll have recuperated from my September Kenya strike off the bucket list. That'll be my 1st 2 week trip since taking the new job. I got 3 weeks of use-or-lose. Winter break will be the honeydew trip back to JA Island. I have a very patient Woman who deserves a reward. I plan to join Mr. Smooth on the Coast after sewing a few wild oats in Nairobi and hitting a safari or two. I haven't been this excited since I got my 1st tricycle.

Thanks
    Thanked 114,003 Times in 10,353 Posts

I'm glad we caught up with you guys. The tour was only $30 each and included CZ, Tres Ojos and the Presidential Palace (you could fit the White House in a corner of that place).

Next trip is on for Veterans weekend. Hopefully by then I'll have recuperated from my September Kenya strike off the bucket list. That'll be my 1st 2 week trip since taking the new job. I got 3 weeks of use-or-lose. Winter break will be the honeydew trip back to JA Island. I have a very patient Woman who deserves a reward. I plan to join Mr. Smooth on the Coast after sewing a few wild oats in Nairobi and hitting a safari or two. I haven't been this excited since I got my 1st tricycle.

I regretted nothing making that decision. Enjoy and I can't wait to hear about it.
    Vida es buena....

20. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Irie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,266 Times in 7,383 Posts

The ladies at Causerina and the Bahnhof, just to name 2 nightspots in Mtwapa, will be more than willing and able to offer you a proper Kenyan welcome!

In the immortal words of Seville, "Hakuna matatu"!

Actually, he meant to say, "Hakuna matata", which means roughly "no worries" or "it's all good".

The ladies all laughed when Seville said it though. We all did!

22. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Smooth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,426 Times in 4,640 Posts

It was great to finally meet you, id hang with you anytime !!!
    Helping the 3rd world economy, one chica at a time !!!

24. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Skynyrd For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Skynyrd View Post
    It was great to finally meet you, id hang with you anytime !!!
    Same here, Bro.

I predict many shared adventures in faraway lands.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Same here, Bro.

I predict many shared adventures in faraway lands.
    Maybe 2 or 3 more

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    Maybe 2 or 3 more
    A year.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information