Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 08/2015 - Casa Linda no longer 'guest friendly'?

Thanks
    Thanked 40,590 Times in 5,066 Posts

08/2015 - Casa Linda no longer 'guest friendly'?

From what I've been told, each Villa is now only allowed one registered guest per bedroom, meaning everyone staying can register a 'novia' or favorita for the week and she can stay, but if you want to bring in a different chica/s - they'll charge you $30/per at the gate.

Seems like a legally questionable policy to me, if you own a property, how can they say who comes and goes and charge you for the 'privilege' of having guests on your own property? What if you're an owner and you want to have some friends over for dinner or have a pool party? They're going to charge all your guests $30 just to visit? That's fucked. But... It's the DR.

They're gonna lose A LOT of rental business.

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 113,284 Times in 14,580 Posts

Re: Casa Linda no longer 'guest friendly'?

Are you sure that the $30 fee applies to those that actually own a villa there or would it just apply to those that are renting a villa?

From what I have read the policy seems to be changing some since it went into effect as can be expected it was very unpopular with guests who have booked there.

I guess the massive complaints and cancellations may have forced them to change the policy some.

But is often the case with any controlled community, you often have to play by their rules whether you like it or not.

It only takes a few dip shits acting stupid to ruin it for everyone
    I am the pussy licker ​Let's have some fun. Not invisible. Snitches are pathetic little people!
    Disclaimer. This post may not be in response to a post by Greybaby. So Greybaby doesn't need to cry about it. Rover has you pegged to a T

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by j_d66 View Post
    Are you sure that the $30 fee applies to those that actually own a villa there or would it just apply to those that are renting a villa?
    No, not sure at all. It's bullshit either way, though. If they're sticking it to the renters then they're sticking it to the owners by proxy because they will lose business.

From what I have read the policy seems to be changing some since it went into effect as can be expected it was very unpopular with guests who have booked there.

I guess the massive complaints and cancellations may have forced them to change the policy some.

But is often the case with any controlled community, you often have to play by their rules whether you like it or not.

It only takes a few dip shits acting stupid to ruin it for everyone
    I don't see how the complex can stipulate and enforce any guest rules at all - they don't own the property.

And the vast majority of owners don't care who they're renting to as long as they get their money. If they go from a 50% occupancy rate in high season to a 25% then they're losing a lot of money.

Thanks
    Thanked 113,284 Times in 14,580 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deezl View Post
    No, not sure at all. It's bullshit either way, though. If they're sticking it to the renters then they're sticking it to the owners by proxy because they will lose business.

I don't see how the complex can stipulate and enforce any guest rules at all - they don't own the property.

And the vast majority of owners don't care who they're renting to as long as they get their money. If they go from a 50% occupancy rate in high season to a 25% then they're losing a lot of money.
    I hear you on that one

But the ownership most likely has a management team hired to run the day to day operations.

My guess is that a few grey hairs in the place got tired of some of the renters messing with their quality of life and want what they consider "undesirables" out of their little utopia. These same people are probably not renting their places out so the lost revenue means nothing to them

Just theorizing

Once the massive cancellations start and those renting out their places get wind of it things will probably go back to the way they were in the past.

I have never stayed there but there must be some nice places given the rate they are apparently renting them for.

6. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 31,159 Times in 5,854 Posts

Re: 08/2015 - Casa Linda no longer 'guest friendly'?

I bought Listin Diario today and they have a huge ad in Zona N of the paper http://www.listindiario.com/zonan (today's issue is not posted yet) meaning they want more local business.

It would be great if anyone can post their association rules or buying or rental agreements.
    ‘Forbear to judge, for we are sinners all’

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to questner For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,406 Times in 795 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deezl View Post

I believe they do.
    They own the land and the complex and they built every single house. When you buy a property there you sign a contract where it's specified that you own only whatever is inside the lot you buy and that you will abide their rules, you will pay the monthly fees etc.. The comunity areas ( entrance, streets, gardens etc..) are owned by the Casa Linda corp... I rented a big villa last year for a week since I had 5 friends from Europe visiting and we signed a big ass contract. Fortunately the rules where not super strict at that time so we had plenty of chicas in and out. we are planning on doing the same this year but if the rules are enforcing one chica per week then good bye casa linda for me...
    follow my Negril trip report at http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?429348-07-2014-I-am-back-in-the-saddle-again-El-Cristo-Negril-trip-report

Sometimes we fuck up...and life is so much better that way...

Thanks
    Thanked 31,734 Times in 3,148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by questner View Post
    I bought Listin Diario today and they have a huge ad in Zona N of the paper http://www.listindiario.com/zonan (today's issue is not posted yet) meaning they want more local business.

It would be great if anyone can post their association rules or buying or rental agreements.
    I havent been in sosua in years. When i am in santo domingo other than the european gringos i have ran into mexicans, colombians, ticas, venezuela, etc.... Are other latin american tourists going/mongering to sosua? Trying to target other latin americans can be good for business for places like casa linda.

I ask because rarely get active member from other latin american locations.
    "If pussy was a stock, it would be plummeting right now, because you flooded the market with it, you are giving it away too easy" -Dave Chappelle

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BigLongBeach For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,129 Times in 9,453 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ElCristo View Post
    I believe they do.
    They own the land and the complex and they built every single house. When you buy a property there you sign a contract where it's specified that you own only whatever is inside the lot you buy and that you will abide their rules, you will pay the monthly fees etc.. The comunity areas ( entrance, streets, gardens etc..) are owned by the Casa Linda corp... I rented a big villa last year for a week since I had 5 friends from Europe visiting and we signed a big ass contract. Fortunately the rules where not super strict at that time so we had plenty of chicas in and out. we are planning on doing the same this year but if the rules are enforcing one chica per week then good bye casa linda for me...
    You are correct sir; and since the owners who rent out their properties are in the small minority, the majority owners that live there feel that the new rules will improve safety along with the quality of life. The owners of the rentals will just have to adjust.

13. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 12,147 Times in 2,001 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by psriches View Post
    You are correct sir; and since the owners who rent out their properties are in the small minority, the majority owners that live there feel that the new rules will improve safety along with the quality of life. The owners of the rentals will just have to adjust.
    I remember right before we stopped using the Scarface Mansion wingman. They were checking IDs and just messing up the vibe making all the chicas feel like PUTAS.

I don't have a problem producing and ID (cedula) but if you are still going to make the chica feel like Shiite then it isn't cost effective for me to get a taste.

15. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to WSJ3_Sith_Lord For This Useful Post:

ezsmile is offline Ten Year Member & Paid subscriber of I.S.O.C. & member of the Stash.
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,350 Times in 2,668 Posts

I talked to somebody today who is staying (renting) at Casa Linda. He was not aware of charging for overnight guests or a 1 chica rule. Security is tight, you have to sign your guests in and if they present id that pops up as a flag on their computer (meaning they have had problems with this person/chica in the past) then they will not be allowed in.

Doesn't mean that this new rule isn't on the books for being implemented though.

17. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ezsmile For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 83,174 Times in 8,333 Posts

No doubt some of the renters bring this on themselves. They rent a house in a residential area and want to turn it into a frat house. Or they just don't get what they are doing. A guy rented a small house across the street from me for his stay here. This guy is not a party animal or an inconsiderate type. He had a birthday party for a favorita the other day.

When I arrived at the party they had brought in a large speaker / amp and the music was to loud for a residential area, even during the day. I commented to another guy that I would not be there long with the music at that level. This was totally due to the Dominican chicas that were there. They were responsible for cranking the music up like that. You know they like their music at a deafening level.

I pulled the guy aside and told him that not only was the music too loud but if he didn't make the chicas turn it down I knew the other neighbor would call the police. He did make them lower the volume. Apparently the chicas were in the pool yelling ect at 1:00 AM also.

Later I got an earful from the other neighbor about it. He was not a happy camper.
    Enjoy it while you can.

Thanks
    Thanked 62,154 Times in 9,135 Posts

A long time ago before I lived in country, I always stayed at Casa Linda for my visits, we are talking 9 -10 years ago. I always wondered how that would work out, figured the owners eventually would get tired of some of the shenanigans. The place where I often rented had two young children living next door, and although it was "private", shrubbery surrounding the place, if you wanted to see what was going on in the pool, or patio area, it wasn't to difficult. Wouldn't want my children growing up there. Kids being kids are curious after all.
    Why should I limit myself to only one woman when I can have as many women as I want?
    George Gershwin

Thanks
    Thanked 7,406 Times in 795 Posts

Really?
    I thought the opposite since when I went there ( it was low season) it was really dead all around. I thought since it was low season they didnot rent many villas... for sure at that time few people in the properties...I guess the majority of the owners do not really live there the whole year .....

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to QueGuapo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 62,154 Times in 9,135 Posts

It really is a tough call, a lot of different ways to look at it; I got the sales pitch a few times, and considered it. If you were an absentee owner, your main concern would be rentals, as often as possible to increase your rental income. If you were a live on site owner your concerns would obviously be different, you would want a good quality of life place, to enjoy your life or retirement. Now if you were an owner and had small children, your concerns would be even more different, wholesome quality of life, would be most important. Now being a monger on vacation, your concerns would be much different,as your main concern would be to party your ass off, and get as freaky as possible.

Management group has a tough job, satisfying all these different factions, that's for sure.

Thanks
    Thanked 22,235 Times in 2,615 Posts

I don't want some fucked up assholes blasting music, laughing loudly, occasional chica fights, yelling with their drunk megaphone voices and partying at night in my neighborhood so I can't sleep. Would you be cool with it if your neighbor does that for you where you live and you can't sleep at night. jajajaja... Your biased because it interferes with what you want to do on vacation. But in real life you would not want people like yourself with a house full of chicas partying to live next to yourself... trust me...

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 89,168 Times in 10,927 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Seville View Post
    No doubt some of the renters bring this on themselves. They rent a house in a residential area and want to turn it into a frat house. Or they just don't get what they are doing. A guy rented a small house across the street from me for his stay here. This guy is not a party animal or an inconsiderate type. He had a birthday party for a favorita the other day.

When I arrived at the party they had brought in a large speaker / amp and the music was to loud for a residential area, even during the day. I commented to another guy that I would not be there long with the music at that level. This was totally due to the Dominican chicas that were there. They were responsible for cranking the music up like that. You know they like their music at a deafening level.

I pulled the guy aside and told him that not only was the music too loud but if he didn't make the chicas turn it down I knew the other neighbor would call the police. He did make them lower the volume. Apparently the chicas were in the pool yelling ect at 1:00 AM also.

Later I got an earful from the other neighbor about it. He was not a happy camper.

Fucking tourists!

Get off my lawn!!!!

25. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to TNT72 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 31,734 Times in 3,148 Posts

Another thing that they dont publicize that is a a community. When i went i thought it was a party villa, i had no idea that people were living they, i thought everyone there was like minded.

Then the WWs that dont care and think that a dollar can pay for everything, dont think they can ever be kicked out.

Thank god i grew out of that phase. We had some crazy quiet parties, we can still do the same shit just lower the volume. Luckly for them there are lots of other villas other than casa linda.

27. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to BigLongBeach For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,129 Times in 9,453 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BigLongBeach View Post
    Another thing that they dont publicize that is a a community. When i went i thought it was a party villa, i had no idea that people were living they, i thought everyone there was like minded.

Then the WWs that dont care and think that a dollar can pay for everything, dont think they can ever be kicked out.

Thank god i grew out of that phase. We had some crazy quiet parties, we can still do the same shit just lower the volume. Luckly for them there are lots of other villas other than casa linda.
    YUP!! We also had some pretty wild (quiet and respectful) house parties at the casa linda scarface mansion back in 2004/2005. Back then, we were able to get this house for $90 a night.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,363 Times in 867 Posts

YUP!! We also had some pretty wild (quiet and respectful) house parties at the casa linda scarface mansion back in 2004/2005. Back then, we were able to get this house for $90 a night.

Click to see pic
    Damn Son, you had to bring this up hahaha. Good memories. Back then, things were still under the radar. I remember some wild pool parties.

Have you tried Hispaniola Villas? I'm thinking about renting a villa there tomorrow for 1 or 2 days for a change of pace.

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to el_papi_chew_low For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jose1234 View Post
    I don't want some fucked up assholes blasting music, laughing loudly, occasional chica fights, yelling with their drunk megaphone voices and partying at night in my neighborhood so I can't sleep. Would you be cool with it if your neighbor does that for you where you live and you can't sleep at night. jajajaja... Your biased because it interferes with what you want to do on vacation. But in real life you would not want people like yourself with a house full of chicas partying to live next to yourself... trust me...
    Barry @ Poblado Rentals has a very simple solution for this kinda stuff and it's right there in the rental agreement and posted in all the properties - if the cops get called for any reason (whether the neighbors complain that you're making too much noise or there's a chica problem, whatever) - you're out. No discounts. No refunds. You're done there.

32. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information