Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 162324252627 LastLast

Thread: 08/2015 - Camaro’s Journal Part #1 -2015

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 87,562 Times in 8,809 Posts

Re: 08/2015 - Camaro’s Journal Part #1 -2015

Fortunately I have never been homeless

From the side top floor window of my hotel I looked at the roof of the adjoining building and saw how some of the homeless Haitians live. It was a time to pause and be grateful that I have never been homeless.

Last edited by camaro1257; 11-11-2015 at 10:13 PM.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by camaro1257 View Post
    Gusto Tropical, Boca Chica

Gusto Tropical is a bar-restaurant that is next door to Hotel Don Michele. The front faces Calle Duarte and the rear faces Playa Boca Chica.

Click to see pic

The waitresses are available for a 1000 pesos salida and whatever you negotiate individually with the chica.

Click to see pic

Click to see pic

Click to see pic
    Gusto Tropical Restaurant

I ate at Gusto Tropical almost everyday and the food was good.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

El Batey Boca Chica

El Batey is more interesting than Classicos in Sosua because often during the course of the night there are sometimes impromptu dance battles that can be very interesting.

I made 2 pulls from El Batey during my stay one was a Haitian which turned out to be a top 5 sex experience and the other was a Dominican who I had been with previously and she was more than adequate.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Closing Thoughts

My first extended stay in the Dominican Republic is over and I have a few thoughts I’d like to share. From the tourist point of view the Dominican Republic appears to be a paradise however my brief time living there is like seeing a woman without her makeup on.

Corruption

My greatest concern would be getting caught up in a corrupt criminal justice system where it’s not what you did but who you know and how much money you have. Although I have a concern I am not paralyzed because I have been able to stay out of trouble my entire adult life in the United States so I hope for the same in the Dominican Republic.

A perfect example of how corrupt the system is in my short time driving in the Dominican Republic I have been stopped more times than my entire life in the United States. On one occasion it was by the same officer within a 2 month period of time and both times it was his birthday and he wanted a gift.

To be continued...
    Last edited by camaro1257; 11-12-2015 at 11:07 PM.

5. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,064 Times in 774 Posts

I got stopped last time I was there and the National Police Officer told me it was his birthday and he had nothing. I said Happy Birthday and he let me go. He had another gringo pulled over on the other side of the road. I understand NP do not have the authority to pull over drivers. Amet is the traffic police.
    SouthCoast

7. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Drjetman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,340 Times in 1,266 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Drjetman View Post
    I got stopped last time I was there and the National Police Officer told me it was his birthday and he had nothing. I said Happy Birthday and he let me go. He had another gringo pulled over on the other side of the road. I understand NP do not have the authority to pull over drivers. Amet is the traffic police.
    Actually they do, questioning and searching for drugs,guns, and arrest warrents. This is the reason why you must provide id when asked. As far as documents on the car, never give NP anything, or just say I don't speak or understand spanish
    “I don’t know the question, but sex is definitely the answer.”

9. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to steviewonder For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Deleted

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Relationships

If it weren’t for my American friends who visit and live in the Dominican Republic I would be miserable. I have a few people I spend time with and vent when I get frustrated. I remember reading either here or on DR1 how important relationships with other ex-pats and I didn’t understand why until now.

I have met a few good Dominicans, people I believe have integrity but for the most part I realize I am seen as an ATM, the next meal or both. I realize that the shift will come when I change my circle towards those who are employed professionally and do not have the same needs as common Dominicans.

Most of the Dominicans I have met so far are either under-employed or un-employed I look forward to interacting in different social circles in order to have a more balanced view of the Dominican culture.

To be continued...

13. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Puerto Plata

My apartment lease will be up in a few months and I think I will re-new for a shorter term for flexibilty in case I decide to re-locate. I have a nice place in a decent neighborhood so it makes a decent base of operations. Although Puerto Plata is reported to have around 150,000 people it is still a small town especially in the PFP circles alot of the chicas know one another.
    There are many opportunities outside the traditional PFP chicas which I will continue to follow up on when I return.

Sosua

I continue to have a love hate relationship with Sosua. Sometimes the hard core nature gets on my nerves, however you can’t beat the energy and the vibe therefore it makes a good diversión for me when I want to get away from Puerto Plata.

Santiago

When I first got my transportation I was driving from Puerto Plata to Santiago almost every week to visit different chicas. In the beginning it was exciting but over time it became a burden and not cost effective after paying for gasoline, hotels and other miscellaneous cost associated with long distace relationships. I will still entertain long-distance relationships but only on a case by case basis.

Boca Chica

I hated Boca Chica in the beginning but it has kind of grown on me since I started flying out of Las Americas International Airport. Recently I have stayed a couple days on both ends of my trips back home which makes another pleasant diversión from Puerto Plata. Boca Chica is raw and dirty but some diamonds in the rough can be found there.

Travel

There is still a lot more of the Island I wish to see. I like to say it is a small Island but a big country. I've yet to make it to Samana, Higuey, San Pedro de Marcoris, San Cristobal and beyond.

To be continued...

15. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,379 Times in 7,663 Posts

As far as Santiago goes, make those girls get on the bus. Once theyre on the bus Puerto Plata is a 1 and 1/2 hour trip for them. If they're not working they got time to burn. Even if they're working knowing that there's 2k pesos and a potential gringo husband at the end of the trip will prove to motivate their asses.

17. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to The Sage For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 62,154 Times in 9,135 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
    As far as Santiago goes, make those girls get on the bus. Once theyre on the bus Puerto Plata is a 1 and 1/2 hour trip for them. If they're not working they got time to burn. Even if they're working knowing that there's 2k pesos and a potential gringo husband at the end of the trip will prove to motivate their asses.

True that, I always have chicas wanting to hop on the bus from puerto plata or Santiago and come to boca chica, cost of doing business for many of them. Only done it with one, and she ended up staying 4 days. For me an arrangement like that is no longer feasible for the most part, as I don't want to embarrass my current girl with someone else staying over for multiple nights.

But based on how many are willing to make that trip down to the capital, I would think it would be a no brainer, for most of those chicas to do the short trip, between puerto plata and Santiago
    Why should I limit myself to only one woman when I can have as many women as I want?
    George Gershwin

19. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
    I narrowed my Santiago chicas down to a couple of strong ones, one of them just recently got engaged and the other has child care issues. The one with child care issues said she needed money for child care when she travels plus something for herself. I did a cost benefit analysis on her and it wasn't worth it especially since she was the type who always needed and wanted something more so for now Santiago is on hold.

21. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Chicas

Civilian non pros- I have a couple in the oven however they are both under employed so I expect to be helping them if the relationships develop. I have been taking my time with them because I find that many of them want to date and proceed slowly.
    The other issue is work schedule and child care. Some chics work wierd hours with one day off and that day off is sometimes used with family or handling business. Child care is sometimes an issue because once the care giver finds out they are stepping out with a gringo they want 500 pesos and hour instead of free or a Presidente Light.

Semi Pros- I have checked out internet semi pros and most recently the Puerto Plata networks of chicas who only sell toto on occassion but not professionaly. Most of the chicas I have met are barrio chicas and I look forward into penetrating a different class of semi pros going forward.

Pros- My 2 primary venues for pros right now is Merengue-Classicos in Sosua and Kviar in Puerto Plata. Generally speaking the Kviar chicas are a little more expensive because tourist in Puerto Plata pay more in Kviar than in Sosua however since business is slow some are traveling to Sosua.
    I have quite a few bucket list chicas that I plan to knock off as the opportunity presents.

*** Of the 3 groups I am not sure which is going to work for me as a steady arrangement as everythng is still in motion so we shall see how the different opportunities develop.

23. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Immigration Status

I went through the truncated immigration program earlier in the year. The process took about 4 months and I now have a temporary residency good for 2 years. My attorney charged me 8000pesos to walk me through the process. When the 2 years is up I don’t know if I want to pay the 40,000pesos for the official residency process we shall see.

When I left from Las Americas I did not have to pay an exit fee. The immigration officer looked at the stamp on my passport and waived me on.

25. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Conclusion

I have a great deal to learn as an ex-pat living in the Dominican Republic. I have learned this lifestyle is not for the weak or faint of heart. It takes a mental strength and determination to deal with the language and cultural barriers that exist. My Spanish is still at the beginner level and I can be in the process of learning the language for the rest of my life. Although I find the cultural differences challenging I personally think the cultural differences are easier to adjust to than learning the language. The problem I find is that some Dominicans are educated and some are not. Trying to understand an uneducated Dominican who is using slang speaking 1000 words a minute is proving to be very difficult for me.

The Dominican Republic maybe a 3rd world country with under educated and under employed people but Dominicans will eat your lunch if you don’t watch your plate. Hanzo said something to me a while back that I was “too nice” and have come to realize he was right. There is a place for kindness and generosity with people who have proven themselves and you have history with them but other than that the answer is to be 2 or more steps ahead.

I have been so frustrated at times. Issues like Dominicans driving on the wrong side of the road I wish I could change but I realize I cannot change the Dominican culture and if I’m not careful it will change me. There is a fine balance between assimilating to the culture and losing your identity in the culture.

I’ll be back in a week and start Camaro’s Journal Part 2.

27. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,796 Times in 355 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder View Post
    Actually they do, questioning and searching for drugs,guns, and arrest warrents. This is the reason why you must provide id when asked. As far as documents on the car, never give NP anything, or just say I don't speak or understand spanish
    Why would you not cooperate with NP and give them your car documents,wouldn't you be setting yourself up for possible trouble for NOT giving it to them,I don't see the harm in letting them see them,what am I missing here?

29. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to quietcorner911 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by quietcorner911 View Post
    Why would you not cooperate with NP and give them your car documents,wouldn't you be setting yourself up for possible trouble for NOT giving it to them,I don't see the harm in letting them see them,what am I missing here?
    I do not know what Dominican law is but I have never had the Polica Nacional ask me for any documentation drivers licesence insurance paperwork or otherwise, however when AMET has stopped me they wanted to see everything.

31. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

More Closing Thoughts:

Funny now that I am back home the question everyone ask is "what do you do everyday?" I don't say this but the reality is I have chased tail almost everyday. There are quite a few encounters I have had that I have not reported because they really weren't that significant. I also am slowly finding a rhythm, I know the report doesn't look like it but there were a couple of 3-4 day stretches where there was no sex which was very healthy for me and I plan on doing some more sexless days especially if I don't find something steady.

One thing I can say I am glad I don't drink! If I drank not only would my living cost increase exponentially but I'd be a drunk if I enjoyed drinking as much as I enjoy sex. The first few months I was spending about 3k a month now I am pretty close to 2k a month so if I can stay within those ranges I'll be good.

I rested a lot some days I didn't leave my apartment in fact I've gotten lazy and need to start working out again. I keep saying I am going to enroll in Spanish classes there is a great school 5 minutes from my apartment but I have been very lazy and after over 40 years of having to be somewhere doing something all the time not having to do anything unless I want to is quite appealing.

The most interesting things I have done is make a few road trips and hang out with friends I look forward to doing more of the same when I get back.

33. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,266 Times in 287 Posts

This is the best thread since Ohhhmmm started posting about his beach hotel in
    Cabarete. Every day is a new adventure. 5 stars.

35. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to whatever For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 62,154 Times in 9,135 Posts

I just wanted to post a copy of this here, for the members who don't have access to some conversations that are in some higher levels: this was a response to a post in another thread regarding my current situation living in this country, the D.R.

It may give some insight how some ex-pats live here.

Thanks for the shout out Just very briefly as I stated before, I now have a "girlfriend " she is 24, as like you; don't think I will be mongering at least in the traditional sense for much longer. I very seldom go out on the strip to pick up chicas anymore, I guess I only do that when I go up to Sosua, only will pick up a chica on Duarte when hanging out with friends, and something outstanding comes along that I haven't seen before, or if incredibly horny, and that rarely happens. Prefer to do chicas through my friends network, even up in Sosua tell you the truth rather be in Puerto Plata working my network there.

As far as my setup with my girl she has a job, which I consider a must, don't want a chica under me 24 -7, that is a turnoff for me, I need my space for my life, and she needs her own life as well. As it is right now, she comes to my place twice a week, and if I feel like seeing her more, I will go to the apartment we have in the capital and spend the night. I pay for the apartment, which as Cam can attest to is in a middle class Dominican neighborhood called Alma Rosa II, building is well kept, gated, have my own parking space, with 24 hour security. Unfurnished cost me 12,500 pesos a month, slowly getting it furnished, she is happy there which means she makes me happy. I also give her 10,000 pesos a month for her living expenses, along with her job, she does pretty well compared to most Dominicans. As the relationship develops, I find myself wanting to spend more time with her. Last night for example, I contacted her earlier and told her not to come over, it was one of the 2 days she normally comes over, I was planning to be with someone else. But as the day went along , I realized I wanted to see her, I had told her I was going into the capital to hang with some friends, (believe it or not she trusts me?), but I called her,and told her that I changed my mind and wasn't going out, so she asked if she could come over, so she did and we went out to dinner, she is still sleeping as I type this.

As far as personally that is one of the reason I like Boca Chica, got a good guy friend network as well, so plenty of friends to pass time with, play golf twice a week with a rotating group of friends, have other guys I play dominoes or chess with, others are drinking buddies, that I spend time with drinking and talking bullshit. Plus when my car is good, probably will get a different one after the holidays, cause I like to travel as well, got a group of guys , that I spend time with in the capital, including DMV, like to go to other towns on the south coast, San Pedro or San cristobal to name a couple. So my life is pretty normal for a retired guy, can't imagine it being much different than if I was in the states, besides the obvious advantages, weather, chicas, and cheaper cost of living. I mean I live on the beach, everyday I wake up and see that beautiful view; it is hard not to be grateful. For the most part, I am pretty content.

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 162324252627 LastLast

Thread Information