Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

Thread: 08/2015 - Camaro’s Journal Part #1 -2015

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 87,562 Times in 8,809 Posts

Re: 08/2015 - Camaro’s Journal Part #1 -2015

Deep in the campo

I was soooooo deep in the campo there was no cell phone service.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Tropical Storm Erika

After I left the campo I went to La Sirena to stock up to prepare for Tropical Storm Ericka and staples were getting kind of low

I made do with my Erika Survival Kit, ham, bread Cheatos and of course GRAPE DRANK...

I had a Santiago chica coming to see her friend in Montellano so we spent some time together good session and got her to Montellano before the storm hit. I slept through most of it and all is well where I am in Puerto Plata.

4. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 62,154 Times in 9,135 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by camaro1257 View Post
    Guzmancito, Puerto Plata Province

I have an ex-pat friend who's wife has family in Guzmancito. Guzmancito is right outside Luperon close to Maimon.

Click to see pic

I got a taste of the pre Tropical Storm Ericka winds

Click to see pic

Click to see pic
    I put up some fotos on my Facebook, of the storm as it hit the beach, but I can't post pics on this site as I have forgotten how, happens to me all the time, as I am not that computer literate, so I forget easy if I haven't done it in awhile. Or maybe I am just a dumbfuck , probably that.

I actually in another thread wanted to post some pics, and considered sending them to camaro via whatsapp, so he could post them for me!
    Why should I limit myself to only one woman when I can have as many women as I want?
    George Gershwin

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Es ella una Dominicana?

...Oooooooooooooooooooops nooooooooooooo it's Janet Jackson...

8. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hotel Century Plaza, Santiago

I had a date in Pedro Brand north of Santo Domingo so I decided to break up the drive by spending the night in Santiago. Hotel Century Plaza is an excellent 4 star hotel. The bell boy meets you and helps you with your bags and the staff was very accommodating. I got a basic room which had a mini bar, good air conditioning a flat screen television and scolding hot water.

The restaurant / lounge was great! You can eat outside or on the balcony and the food was pretty decent. I had a beautiful waitress but I think she was having a bad day because she wasn't very friendly. On Saturday night they had live entertainment playing Merengue and Bachatta tunes it was a lively atmosphere with a mature crowd dancing and partying.

My date and I had a great time at dinner talking and eating, she is a semi-pro I have been seeing for about a year and that night was some of our best sex. I might make her a full time FWB we shall see.

10. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Pedro Brand

I met a chic on line that lived in Pedro Brand and I was immediately intrigued because it would give an opportunity to see someplace new and experience something different. I left Santiago and headed south on Hwy 1. I saw a pretty bad accident on the way and also learned on the way back it's best not to drive long distances in the Dominican Republic at night. I almost ran into a broken down vehicle blocking a lane with no lights in an unlighted area and I had a horse walk right out in front of me like I was traveling on his road.

I had never heard of Pedro Brand before and subsequently discovered it is a one traffic signal small municipality that is 15 minutes north of Santo Domingo. From what I could see there was literally nothing of note in Pedro Brand just a small dirty Dominican town.

I arrived at her house after flagging a moto down for directions. MPB was very engaging (lots of questions & conversation) but distant at the same time. I sat on one couch and she sat on another couch across from me. Her family lives in a 2 floor apartment her mom & dad lives downstairs and she lives upstairs with her son and sister. So mom who I later discovered was under the weather came up to investigate. She sat at the far end of the couch and I was at the other, MPB conveniently left the room and the interview began, then MPB came back and they double teamed me...

I think I did well because MPB made me some fresh mango juice and later offered to fix dinner but I was hungry and didn't feel like waiting so I suggested we go out to eat.

12. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Adrian Tropical Restaurant, Santo Domingo

Apparently there are no restaurants of significance in Pedro Brand so we go to Adrian Tropical on the Malecon in Santo Domingo. That DAMN Santo Domingo traffic AINT no joke... The view, food and the restaurant was great but the staff wasn't the friendliest in the world. This turned out to be a family date since junior had to tag along but I found him to be pretty entertaining because he was a comical little guy.

So we get back to her house and she says I could stay in the extra bedroom but dad who didn't meet wasn't having it. She says she wants to come to Puerto Plata to visit me and I agreed so I try to kiss her and she gives me her cheek.. The entire day she was engaging and distant at the same time.

My impression is that she is definitely wifey material and totally different from Santiago Chica 8. I am glad I spent time with them back to back because they gave me two totally different flavors SC8 was classy and sexy and MPB was simple and humble almost like the difference between the city and the country. Even though I didn't have sex and I enjoyed the experience, I need something different every now and then. I don't think MPB would be a good FWB situation plus Pedro Brand is a little far just trying to maintain a fling so I will chalk it up as another adventure in the Dominican Republic.

14. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I think I found the real reason we travel...

Click this bar to view the full image.

16. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Weyland's post 8/31/2015

This post explains why a chica I was trying to talk to cut me off when she found out I was a LE professional. I can't blame her without her knowing the difference between LE in the Dominican Republic and LE in the United States. In the United States LE is a legitimate profession and there is extensive training and certifications that need to be attained and maintained periodically but I guess it's not quite the same in the Dominican Republic.

It also explains why I have been stopped more times in the 5 months I have been driving in the Dominican Republic than my entire like in the United States. On one hand it's comical when the Policia Nacional are asking you for a birthday gift, or for gasoline money or lunch but on the other hand it can get quite scary. I have identified my self everytime I have been stopped and have went unscathed but I have no idea what the outcome would be if I wasn't a retired LE professional.

From DR1 today:

National District prosecutor Yeni Berenice Reynoso has said that police are involved in nine out of ten crimes in the Dominican Republic.

75% of the Police force make less than RD$11,000 a month. A report in El Dia says that the largest number of agents, the lowest police rank (which total 11,696) make RD$7,000 but deductions are applied. The last wage increase took place in 2014, when wages were increased by RD$883.29, up 14%. A sergeant in the Police makes RD$9,000 and a sergeant major makes RD$11,000. The National Police has an estimated force of 33,000. The chief of the Police officially makes RD$81,785.

The low wages have had major consequences. Entering the Police is seen as a job for people with no other options, or who seek Police impunity in order to engage in criminal activity. National District prosecutor Yeni Berenice Reynoso has said that police agents are involved in 9 out of 10 crimes. Over the years, purges of thousands of corrupt police agents have been made, but the problems continue.

18. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 113,285 Times in 14,580 Posts

Weyland's post 8/31/2015

This post explains why a chica I was trying to talk to cut me off when she found out I was a LE professional. I can't blame her without her knowing the difference between LE in the Dominican Republic and LE in the United States. In the United States LE is a legitimate profession and there is extensive training and certifications that need to be attained and maintained periodically but I guess it's not quite the same in the Dominican Republic.

It also explains why I have been stopped more times in the 5 months I have been driving in the Dominican Republic than my entire like in the United States. On one hand it's comical when the Policia Nacional are asking you for a birthday gift, or for gasoline money or lunch but on the other hand it can get quite scary. I have identified my self everytime I have been stopped and have went unscathed but I have no idea what the outcome would be if I wasn't a retired LE professional.

From DR1 today:

National District prosecutor Yeni Berenice Reynoso has said that police are involved in nine out of ten crimes in the Dominican Republic.

75% of the Police force make less than RD$11,000 a month. A report in El Dia says that the largest number of agents, the lowest police rank (which total 11,696) make RD$7,000 but deductions are applied. The last wage increase took place in 2014, when wages were increased by RD$883.29, up 14%. A sergeant in the Police makes RD$9,000 and a sergeant major makes RD$11,000. The National Police has an estimated force of 33,000. The chief of the Police officially makes RD$81,785.

The low wages have had major consequences. Entering the Police is seen as a job for people with no other options, or who seek Police impunity in order to engage in criminal activity. National District prosecutor Yeni Berenice Reynoso has said that police agents are involved in 9 out of 10 crimes. Over the years, purges of thousands of corrupt police agents have been made, but the problems continue.
    So you just flash them your LE ID and they just let you go with no problems in the the DR?

Hmmm interesting

Perhaps I should consider getting a special ID that I could use there something like

Special Agent
    ISOC Division

I am the pussy licker ​Let's have some fun. Not invisible. Snitches are pathetic little people!
    Disclaimer. This post may not be in response to a post by Greybaby. So Greybaby doesn't need to cry about it. Rover has you pegged to a T

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by j_d66 View Post
    So you just flash them your LE ID and they just let you go with no problems in the the DR?

Hmmm interesting

Perhaps I should consider getting a special ID that I could use there something like

Special Agent
    ISOC Division

Yes, I have a badge case with my retired LE ID card. I only got flack once and when he wouldn't give in I told him some chica robbed me...he let me go without any further delay...

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Sencations Hotel & Cabana, Puerto Plata

I went back to Kviar and had a good time and met a Sosua regular after which we went to Sencations Hotel & Cabana.

Sencations is on Hwy 5 as you exit Puerto Plata in Confresi. It sits off the road and is gated. When you enter the property you are facing a free standing hotel. I am not sure how many rooms or what the rates are. You go around the building and there is another gate to the cabanas. The cabanas are similar to the others with small garages that are connected to the rooms.

The room was clean and smelt very good as if it had just been cleaned. There was a flat screen television a queen size bed and music was being piped in. The room was comfortable with a small table and chairs and the supplies were in the bathroom. The water was hot but I couldn't get the air-conditioner to work however there was a ceiling fan that made the room feel comfortable.

Sex was decent with my date she did good with her BBBJ. I was quite surprised because I was with her in Sosua last year however I do not remember the exact details of the experience. After we were done you exit the cabana they lift up the gate without checking the room.

One thing I have noticed about Puerto Plata cabanas is they are a lot more laid back than Dulce Secreto in Sosua and a little less expensive. Dulce Secreto basic room is 600 pesos but the Puerto Plata cabanas run for 300-500 pesos for 2-4 hours.

24. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

We interrupt our regularly scheduled program for this breaking news...

I guess there is something more in Dallas than football hunh????

...another woman who isn't Dominican but I guess you can't have everything...

26. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

ezsmile is offline Ten Year Member & Paid subscriber of I.S.O.C. & member of the Stash.
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,355 Times in 2,669 Posts

Weyland's post 8/31/2015

Most likely you would have went away unscathed

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ezsmile For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Martha Bar The Malecon, Puerto Plata

There is a large ISOC contingency in Sosua for Labor Day weekend and we are all doing different things. I hung out with Yayow in Puerto Plata and met a friend of a friend. Apparently she is in a relationship and wanted to keep our liason on the low so we went to La Roka cabana did our business and I dropped her off.

I met Yayow for lunch at Martha Bar which is in one of the Malecon casitas. We talked and had a great time as ususal.

I had the yaroa which is ground beef over French fries and covered with mayonnaise and catchup. It comes with cheese but I don't do cheese it was good but I was hungry and hour later.

30. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

ezsmile is offline Ten Year Member & Paid subscriber of I.S.O.C. & member of the Stash.
    Thanks

Martha Bar The Malecon, Puerto Plata

There is a large ISOC contingency in Sosua for Labor Day weekend and we are all doing different things. I hung out with Yayow in Puerto Plata and met a friend of a friend. Apparently she is in a relationship and wanted to keep our liason on the low so we went to La Roka cabana did our business and I dropped her off.

I met Yayow for lunch at Martha Bar which is in one of the Malecon casitas. We talked and had a great time as ususal.

Click to see pic

I had the yaroa which is ground beef over French fries and covered with mayonnaise and catchup. It comes with cheese but I don't do cheese it was good but I was hungry and hour later.

Click to see pic
    dominican poutine? It doesn't look very appetizing but then I have not tried it so who knows

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ezsmile For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ezsmile View Post
    dominican poutine? It doesn't look very appetizing but then I have not tried it so who knows
    Yes, they do it with chicken and beef along with a bed of French fries or sweet plantains...it's not good for your heart but its GUUUD STUFFF!

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Los Gringos BarBQ Pedro Clisante, Sosua

Los Gringos BarBQ is across from New York Pizza at the west end of Pedro Clisante. The crew was going to meet at Classicos later so I met XMan and had dinner. I got a 1/4 chicken but they gave me white meat and I prefer dark. They would not exchange since it was already cooked and it tasted pretty decent it wasn't as dry as white meet usually is.

The staff makes an effort to speak English hence the name "Los Gringos"

36. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Los Gringos BarBQ Pedro Clisante, Sosua

Los Gringos BarBQ is across from New York Pizza at the west end of Pedro Clisante. The crew was going to meet at Classicos later so I met XMan and had dinner. I got a 1/4 chicken but they gave me white meat and I prefer dark. They would not exchange since it was already cooked and it tasted pretty decent it wasn't as dry as white meet usually is.

The staff makes an effort to speak English hence the name "Los Gringos"

Click to see pic

Click to see pic
    From the description of the location, was this the Lazy Dog, did they change ownership?
    Isn't there a Los Gringos on the beach in Cabarete? I seem to remember seeing a sign advertising the bbq pork churrasco there as well

edit: looked up los gringos of cabarete, they are part of Island Concepts, who also own the Lazy Dog. Maybe just a rebranding of the restaurant then

38. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ezsmile For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ezsmile View Post
    From the description of the location, was this the Lazy Dog, did they change ownership?
    Isn't there a Los Gringos on the beach in Cabarete? I seem to remember seeing a sign advertising the bbq pork churrasco there as well

edit: looked up los gringos of cabarete, they are part of Island Concepts, who also own the Lazy Dog. Maybe just a rebranding of the restaurant then
    I really don't know this was my first time eating there, maybe Xman can advise?

40. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

Thread Information