Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 08/2015 - United Airlines is Fucking Retarded

Thanks
    Thanked 40,590 Times in 5,066 Posts

08/2015 - United Airlines is Fucking Retarded

Fares into POP from NY have been stupid high for the last 2 years or so and seem to be higher every year, still, I'd rather fly ino POP than STI so I still look for flights into POP.

For the last month+, nothing has been showing up on Uniteds flight search into POP from EWR. Nothing on the website, nothing on the mobile app, and for the past couple of weeks nothing shows up on kayak either. So I called United and this is what the agent told me.

There are NO MORE direct flights from EWR to POP from Sept 1 to January. None. Yet award flights are still showing up. So you can get a 'free' ticket, you just can't buy a ticket.

I said 'high season starts in November, why would there be NO flights until January?' Why would United not announce a huge route change/cancellation? How can you get a reward ticket (meaning there ARE flights) but you can't buy a fucking ticket? Ridiculous.

I emailed them about this, didn't hear back, agent was useless, so I tweeted @United, they're usually responsive to being called out in public.

Looks like United went full retard.

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 53,118 Times in 6,021 Posts

Re: United Airlines is Fucking Retarded

booked EWR to Santiago on jet blue for $220 in November last month. At that price, will have no problem landing there.
    We don't catch feelings, we catch flights.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tarzan View Post
    booked EWR to Santiago on jet blue for $220 in November last month. At that price, will have no problem landing there.
    yeah, United had the same fare available (though they're now both $430ish). It's the POP route they're completely fucking up.

5. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 164,725 Times in 30,459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deezl View Post
    yeah, United had the same fare available (though they're now both $430ish). It's the POP route they're completely fucking up.
    maybe they are waiting for the cruise line to fuck up and then they can gouge all the retards that want off after they do the pop stop and need a one way ticket home

on that note ( one way ticket) I can get to bkk from mia in early jan for next to nothing no problem with a reward ticket but they want almost as much as a round trip ticket would cost me to get me home to Toronto
    you only live once, but if you live it right once is enough

7. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to whynotme For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Confirmed via twitter - route suspended until January, which means that JetBlue is now the only carrier that flies direct to POP from any of the NYC area airports.

I guess the fares kept going up because passenger numbers kept going down. So much for the 'popular route' theory.

9. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 89,168 Times in 10,927 Posts

Confirmed via twitter - route suspended until January, which means that JetBlue is now the only carrier that flies direct to POP from any of the NYC area airports.

I guess the fares kept going up because passenger numbers kept going down. So much for the 'popular route' theory.

Huh. Must suck to only have one airline that gets you to the airport that you like.

11. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to TNT72 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TNT72 View Post
    Huh. Must suck to only have one airline that gets you to the airport that you like.
    nonstop, motherfucker!

13. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 89,168 Times in 10,927 Posts

nonstop, motherfucker!

No need to be a penis.

15. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to TNT72 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TNT72 View Post
    No need to be a penis.

Well put. No need ever.

17. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to The Secretary For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Secretary View Post
    Well put. No need ever.
    This is ISOC, we talk about busting nuts while busting balls.

It's what we do.

19. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Re: 08/2015 - United Airlines is Fucking Retarded

This will have a negative affect on a lot of people outside of NYC as well.

Apart from JetBlue out of JFK & BOS and AA out of MIA & CLT, I don't think there are any other direct flights to POP from anywhere in the US. EWR was a hub for connecting flights into POP.

Which means everyones airline options have just decreased by one - so flights into POP will probably go up even more.

21. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,791 Times in 353 Posts

This will have a negative affect on a lot of people outside of NYC as well.

Apart from JetBlue out of JFK & BOS and AA out of MIA & CLT, I don't think there are any other direct flights to POP from anywhere in the US. EWR was a hub for connecting flights into POP.

Which means everyones airline options have just decreased by one - so flights into POP will probably go up even more.
    JetBlue started running direct nonstop from BOS to POP last year but only during high season,I was on the inaugural flight and they gave away several free flights,I won one of them.

23. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to quietcorner911 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

So, one of their people responds on twitter that there are no flights scheduled until January and I counter with "Then why are there award tix available on UA direct flights in September, November & December?" accompanied by a screenshot of their award flight calendar showing one of several available flights.

Another one of their people replies that there are flights every Saturday and can he help me book?? How do they expect to sell tickets when they don't appear on their website, their app, aggregator sites, AND their reservation agents can't even find their own flights?

Like I said, they're fucking retarded.

25. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,253 Times in 7,381 Posts

I know it might be a pain in the ass deezl, but would a cheaper flight into Santiago land early enough for you to grab a Metro or Caribe bus to Sosua and make the longer travel time worth the savings?

If not, spend your first night in Santiago, then board a bus in the morning for Sosua. Call ahead to Rockies for the large ribs before the bus takes off. By the time you arrive at the Metro stop on Rosen and walk 2 minutes to Rockies, those babybacks will be just arriving hot off the grill for you!

Then let the good times roll!

27. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Smooth For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,363 Times in 78,282 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smooth View Post
    I know it might be a pain in the ass deezl, but would a cheaper flight into Santiago land early enough for you to grab a Metro or Caribe bus to Sosua and make the longer travel time worth the savings?

If not, spend your first night in Santiago, then board a bus in the morning for Sosua. Call ahead to Rockies for the large ribs before the bus takes off. By the time you arrive at the Metro stop on Rosen and walk 2 minutes to Rockies, those babybacks will be just arriving hot off the grill for you!

via santiago is a pain in the ass.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

29. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I haven't flown into POP in a few years, not when it's twice as much as flying into STI. I just check the prices in case there's ever a fare drop. I don't care that much one way or the other that United is screwing the pooch, I'm just having fun mocking the shit out of them. And making them look completely incompetent in front of their 710k followers on twitter is icing on the cake.

31. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,406 Times in 795 Posts

I flew to POP last week. Paid 700$ RT with Jet blue and also another 60$ for the 2 suitcases I had with me.
    The plane was half empty.. I remember 4 years agor there were 2 Jetblue flights per day and they were usually both pretty full... The rate for RT was around 400-450$. They do not see any connections... They completely retarded as well as United...
    follow my Negril trip report at http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?429348-07-2014-I-am-back-in-the-saddle-again-El-Cristo-Negril-trip-report

Sometimes we fuck up...and life is so much better that way...

33. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to QueGuapo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,406 Times in 795 Posts

Ajajajajajajajajaja...sorry this might sound awful but reading this I pictured Rick receiving his call in jail in canada and then sending a whatsapp text to Milka to get the ribs ready for deezl.....

35. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to QueGuapo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 20,125 Times in 3,033 Posts

Fuck this POP shit, I will stick to the South Coast of DR or do STI for flights.. United is getting really fucking retarded. Would be good to know why they suspended till Jan 1st. One would think they would get some tourist action late Dec to fill up the flighte?

37. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CentralNJDude For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ElCristo View Post
    I flew to POP last week. Paid 700$ RT with Jet blue and also another 60$ for the 2 suitcases I had with me.
    The plane was half empty.. I remember 4 years agor there were 2 Jetblue flights per day and they were usually both pretty full... The rate for RT was around 400-450$. They do not see any connections... They completely retarded as well as United...
    maybe, but at least you can actually book jetblue flights and their reps (presumably) know what routes their airline is flying.

39. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information