Thread: 09/2015 - BARAHONA ALERT ! PLEASE READ !

Thanks
    Thanked 27,983 Times in 7,129 Posts

09/2015 - BARAHONA ALERT ! PLEASE READ !

There is an interesting phenomena in Barahona called Magno polo.

The claim is in a particular area due to a magnetic disturbance a car placed in neutral on a hill will roll up the hill not down against the pull of gravity due to a unseen inverted magnetic force.

There are YouTube videos giving demonstrations of this phenomena some showing bottles, cans, and even cars rolling seemingly uphill by an unseen force.

Here is one such video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmy7RNR824c

Magno Polo has been disputed by some to be an optical illusion. I made a mental note that if I was ever in close proximity I would swing by to check out this curiosity.

I still plan on doing so but I now plan on making my excursion a short one as there seems to be another phenomena in Barahona just as mysterious
    and unlike Magna Polo seems to be undisputed.

However this other phenomena is something I do not wish to experience

From Dominican Today

World media abuzz with 'penis at twelve' disorder in Dominican SW

Daniel, like two others of his four brothers, is a hermaphrodite.
    Photo elmundo.es

Santo Domingo.- The manifestation of a rare genetic disorder in children in southwestern Dominican Republic has the global media abuzz Monday, which according to syracuse.com, “boys are born female and become male at puberty.”

The phenomena aren’t new: Dominican physicians had been aware of the anomaly for over a decade, and concluded that the genetic disorder was the result of extensive gypsum mining near the village Salinas, Barahona, in the rugged sothwest

Citing a report by The Telegraph, the outlet says the village of Salinas sees girls turning into boys so often that it is no longer "abnormal."

In fact event the term the villagers use to describe youngsters with the anomaly, ´guevedoce,” can be loosely translated as meaning “penis at twelve.”

The term hermaphrodite had also been used to describe the boys, who were born with no apparent penis.
    “The genetic disorder happens due to a missing enzyme which prevents the production of a specific form of the male sex hormone — dihydro-testosterone — in the womb. Some male babies are missing the enzyme that triggers hormones, so they appear to be born female with no testes and what appears to be a vagina,” syracuse.com said.

In October, 2002, outlet mundo.es published “Both sexes, one body,” a report about “the village of hermaphrodites.”

“The children of Teresa haven’t been sexually defined for years. They have vulva and testicles. This is so common in the south of the Dominican Republic that merited research.”
    DON’T HATE THE PLAYER !!!!! “HATE THE GAME”

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to ROVER For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 46,477 Times in 4,501 Posts

Re: BARAHONA ALERT ! PLEASE READ !

Quote Originally Posted by ROVER View Post

The claim is in a particular area due to a magnetic disturbance a car placed in neutral on a hill will roll up the hill not down against the pull of gravity due to a unseen inverted magnetic force.

There are YouTube videos giving demonstrations of this phenomena some showing bottles, cans, and even cars rolling seemingly uphill by an unseen force.

Here is one such video

Magno Polo has been disputed by some to be an optical illusion. I made a mental note that if I was ever in close proximity I would swing by to check out this curiosity.

I still plan on doing so but I now plan on making my excursion a short one as there seems to be another phenomena in Barahona just as mysterious

However this other phenomena is something I do not wish to experience

From Dominican Today

World media abuzz with 'penis at twelve' disorder in Dominican SW

Click to see pic
    Daniel, like two others of his four brothers, is a hermaphrodite.
    Photo elmundo.es

Santo Domingo.- The manifestation of a rare genetic disorder in children in southwestern Dominican Republic has the global media abuzz Monday, which according to syracuse.com, “boys are born female and become male at puberty.”

The phenomena aren’t new: Dominican physicians had been aware of the anomaly for over a decade, and concluded that the genetic disorder was the result of extensive gypsum mining near the village Salinas, Barahona, in the rugged sothwest

Citing a report by The Telegraph, the outlet says the village of Salinas sees girls turning into boys so often that it is no longer "abnormal."

In fact event the term the villagers use to describe youngsters with the anomaly, ´guevedoce,” can be loosely translated as meaning “penis at twelve.”

The term hermaphrodite had also been used to describe the boys, who were born with no apparent penis.
    “The genetic disorder happens due to a missing enzyme which prevents the production of a specific form of the male sex hormone — dihydro-testosterone — in the womb. Some male babies are missing the enzyme that triggers hormones, so they appear to be born female with no testes and what appears to be a vagina,” syracuse.com said.

In October, 2002, outlet mundo.es published “Both sexes, one body,” a report about “the village of hermaphrodites.”

“The children of Teresa haven’t been sexually defined for years. They have vulva and testicles. This is so common in the south of the Dominican Republic that merited research.”
    WTF??!!
    You do You, I'm gonna Do Me!!

"Don't tell me what a man says, don't tell me what a man knows, tell me where he's traveled?"

5. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to tgunz For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

Three centuries of incest and inbreeding will do that.

7. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 164,725 Times in 30,459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by weyland View Post
    Three centuries of incest and inbreeding will do that.
    now we know what the royal blood line can look forward to eh
    you only live once, but if you live it right once is enough

9. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to whynotme For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 29,784 Times in 2,952 Posts

Oh shit.....I'm going to Barahona this coming weekend.

11. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to WickedWillie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 40,590 Times in 5,066 Posts

Re: 09/2015 - BARAHONA ALERT ! PLEASE READ !

Here is one such video

it's a freaking optical illusion, cars don't roll uphill. if it was a magnetic force (especially one powerful enough to pull the weight of a car uphill) then every damn thing made of magnetic attractive metal would be flying towards that spot and every repellent material would be pushed away. there would be a damn mountain of metal at the spot, it'd be pretty hard to miss.

13. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 113,284 Times in 14,580 Posts

yep he is right

gotta love google

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polo,_Barahona

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_gravity_hills

Like they say if it sounds to good to be true than it must be.

Plus if it was real the Dominicans would blame it on Haitian Voodoo.
    I am the pussy licker ​Let's have some fun. Not invisible. Snitches are pathetic little people!
    Disclaimer. This post may not be in response to a post by Greybaby. So Greybaby doesn't need to cry about it. Rover has you pegged to a T

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 27,983 Times in 7,129 Posts

Here is some follow up that makes for some interesting reading.

From The Romano Law Group website

http://www.romanolawgroup.com/blog/t...-dustin-herman

THE ORIGIN OF PROPECIA: IT ALL BEGAN WITH A VILLAGE OF PSEUDO-HERMAPHRODITES (authored by Dustin Herman)

Palm Beach, West Palm Beach, Florida

Posted: April 7, 2014

In 1974, the endocrinologist, Julianne L. Imperato-McGinley, heard about a large group of pseudo-hermaphrodites that were found living in a remote mountain village in the Dominican Republic. These pseudo-hermaphrodites had ambiguous genitalia with “labial-like scrotums” and “blind vaginal pouches,” and were thought to be girls at birth by the other villagers. Upon puberty, however, their clitorises enlarged to resemble small (micro) penises, their testes descended, muscles developed, and their voices grew deep. But, their sexual organs remained severely undeveloped. Also noted was that these individuals had very low levels of the most potent male hormone, dihydrotestosterone (“DHT”), unusually small prostate glands, and – full heads of hair.

Imperato-McGinley traced the condition to an inheritable genetic mutation which caused a deficiency in the 5-alpha reductase type-II enzyme. The 5AR enzyme is what converts testosterone into DHT (it also converts several other hormones into neurohormones in the brain). She concluded that DHT is crucial in the development of the male sex organs and that the absence of DHT (via a 5AR deficiency) is what caused the horrific mutations and disfigurements in the villagers.

Despite knowing that a 5AR deficiency led to these horrific birth defects, Merck saw an opportunity in this discovery. Merck knew it could make a fortune off a drug that could prevent both hair loss and prostate enlargement, so Merck started researching ways to artificially create a 5AR deficiency in adult males in order to replicate the full heads of hair and small prostate glands exhibited by the pseudo-hermaphrodites. Merck succeeded – and in 1984 filed for a patent on finasteride (the generic name for Propecia).

When Merck began selling Propecia as drug to treat male pattern hair loss in 1997, it hired a big New York City advertising firm to launch the drug and branded Propecia as a scientific cure for hair loss. Merck spent millions of dollars promoting the drug and what it could do, but what it didn’t tell men was that Propecia is literally hormone therapy – and it surely didn’t tell men that Propecia was designed to replicate a hormone deficiency that causes pseudo-hermaphroditism.

Not surprisingly, many men that took Propecia are now suffering from serious sexual dysfunction. Men are reporting erectile dysfunction, penile shrinkage/atrophy, penile numbness, painful ejaculation, testicular pain, malformed penises, low levels of testosterone, high levels of estrogen, breast enlargement, decreased libido, memory loss, and problems concentrating. Even worse is that many of these symptoms have persisted long after men stopped taking the drug.

Complaints about permanent erectile dysfunction and total loss of libido from Propecia appeared on the internet a few years after Propecia was put on the market. In 2003, affected men even started an internet Yahoo group where they could share stories and discuss possible solutions to the problems they were experiencing. After an investigation in 2007 by the Swedish Medical Agency, Merck added a warning about persistent sexual side-effects to the Propecia label in various European countries; but this warning was not provided to American consumers until April 11, 2012, when the FDA finally ordered Merck to put such a warning on the label of its $450,000,000/yr. drug.

Now, maybe it was a big shock to Merck that its “miracle” drug could cause these serious sexual, physical, and mental side effects. Or maybe the huge profits were just too tempting for Merck. But regardless, considering the origin of Propecia, it’s pretty obvious that Merck should have known from the start that treating hair loss with hormone therapy was just not a good idea.

Anybody planning on an ISOC invasion to Salinas make sure to write a trip report ....

17. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ROVER For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 87,562 Times in 8,809 Posts

Here is some follow up that makes for some interesting reading.

From The Romano Law Group website

http://www.romanolawgroup.com/blog/t...-dustin-herman

THE ORIGIN OF PROPECIA: IT ALL BEGAN WITH A VILLAGE OF PSEUDO-HERMAPHRODITES (authored by Dustin Herman)

Palm Beach, West Palm Beach, Florida

Posted: April 7, 2014

In 1974, the endocrinologist, Julianne L. Imperato-McGinley, heard about a large group of pseudo-hermaphrodites that were found living in a remote mountain village in the Dominican Republic. These pseudo-hermaphrodites had ambiguous genitalia with “labial-like scrotums” and “blind vaginal pouches,” and were thought to be girls at birth by the other villagers. Upon puberty, however, their clitorises enlarged to resemble small (micro) penises, their testes descended, muscles developed, and their voices grew deep. But, their sexual organs remained severely undeveloped. Also noted was that these individuals had very low levels of the most potent male hormone, dihydrotestosterone (“DHT”), unusually small prostate glands, and – full heads of hair.

Imperato-McGinley traced the condition to an inheritable genetic mutation which caused a deficiency in the 5-alpha reductase type-II enzyme. The 5AR enzyme is what converts testosterone into DHT (it also converts several other hormones into neurohormones in the brain). She concluded that DHT is crucial in the development of the male sex organs and that the absence of DHT (via a 5AR deficiency) is what caused the horrific mutations and disfigurements in the villagers.

Despite knowing that a 5AR deficiency led to these horrific birth defects, Merck saw an opportunity in this discovery. Merck knew it could make a fortune off a drug that could prevent both hair loss and prostate enlargement, so Merck started researching ways to artificially create a 5AR deficiency in adult males in order to replicate the full heads of hair and small prostate glands exhibited by the pseudo-hermaphrodites. Merck succeeded – and in 1984 filed for a patent on finasteride (the generic name for Propecia).

When Merck began selling Propecia as drug to treat male pattern hair loss in 1997, it hired a big New York City advertising firm to launch the drug and branded Propecia as a scientific cure for hair loss. Merck spent millions of dollars promoting the drug and what it could do, but what it didn’t tell men was that Propecia is literally hormone therapy – and it surely didn’t tell men that Propecia was designed to replicate a hormone deficiency that causes pseudo-hermaphroditism.

Not surprisingly, many men that took Propecia are now suffering from serious sexual dysfunction. Men are reporting erectile dysfunction, penile shrinkage/atrophy, penile numbness, painful ejaculation, testicular pain, malformed penises, low levels of testosterone, high levels of estrogen, breast enlargement, decreased libido, memory loss, and problems concentrating. Even worse is that many of these symptoms have persisted long after men stopped taking the drug.

Complaints about permanent erectile dysfunction and total loss of libido from Propecia appeared on the internet a few years after Propecia was put on the market. In 2003, affected men even started an internet Yahoo group where they could share stories and discuss possible solutions to the problems they were experiencing. After an investigation in 2007 by the Swedish Medical Agency, Merck added a warning about persistent sexual side-effects to the Propecia label in various European countries; but this warning was not provided to American consumers until April 11, 2012, when the FDA finally ordered Merck to put such a warning on the label of its $450,000,000/yr. drug.

Now, maybe it was a big shock to Merck that its “miracle” drug could cause these serious sexual, physical, and mental side effects. Or maybe the huge profits were just too tempting for Merck. But regardless, considering the origin of Propecia, it’s pretty obvious that Merck should have known from the start that treating hair loss with hormone therapy was just not a good idea.

Anybody planning on an ISOC invasion to Salinas make sure to write a trip report ....
    Rover you have earned the title of being our investigative reporter...

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 22,420 Times in 1,613 Posts

I have some pictures from there I was in Barahona last year, zero tourist infrastructure but lovely place.

21. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hanzo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 29,784 Times in 2,952 Posts

Ended up not going last weekend as our pilot had to work, one of my crew drove down with his chica and said that Saturday night on the malecon has a spectacular chica stroll.

We will be going to investigate shortly.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WickedWillie For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 87,562 Times in 8,809 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillie View Post
    Ended up not going last weekend as our pilot had to work, one of my crew drove down with his chica and said that Saturday night on the malecon has a spectacular chica stroll.

We will be going to investigate shortly.
    I will eagerly await your SYNOPSIS report sir...thank you very much!...

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Thread Information