Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 09/2015 - Camaro's View Blackbeards - Field of Dreams 2015

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

Re: Camaro's View Blackbeards - Field of Dreams 2015

Quote Originally Posted by camaro1257 View Post
    Weyland is saying to me...

...bienvenidos a La Republica Dominicana...
    Don't worry. Once you have been here as long as Mr Happy, everything will be plain sailing. It is getting better for me as I build up my contact list of honest and reliable Dominicans. It is coming along well. I have three names on it now. There were four but one guy fell off a roof and died.

Thanks
    Thanked 72,237 Times in 11,762 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by weyland View Post
    Don't worry. Once you have been here as long as Mr Happy, everything will be plain sailing. It is getting better for me as I build up my contact list of honest and reliable Dominicans. It is coming along well. I have three names on it now. There were four but one guy fell off a roof and died.
    Now ... what about the real challenge? Honest and reliable Haitians living in the Dominican Republic?

(I'm just kidding, You probably know more honest and reliable Haitians in Puerto Plata than reliable Dominicans.)
    I'm still "Just A Lurker."

The Chinese virus infected the Western world with Chinese-style totalitarian politics. ​- Gladiator

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. – H. L. Mencken

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,453 Times in 2,070 Posts

Outstanding review! Very thorough! I have never been to FOD, but I have been to BB's many times. While I don't disagree with anything, I just want to add:

Introduction:

Payment:

Blackbeard's large room was $75.00 per night.

Field of Dreams basic room was $55.00 per night.
    BB's basic room is also $55 per night, which includes a queen size bed. A larger room with a king size bed is $60 per night. They have larger rooms/suites at higher prices.

Blackbeard's Chicas:

The chicas are directly accountable to 1 of 2 Mamasans who have the authority to hire and fire them. All complaints and issues with the chicas are to be resolved through the Mamasan because the chicas are independent contractors that do not work for the hotel.

There are 2 groups of chicas, the afternoon shift 11am- 6pm approximately a dozen and the evening shift approximately 2 dozen from 5pm - midnight. 1800DP for ST and 3300DP for TLN. There was a 300 pesos price increase from my last visit which reflects the devaluation of the peso against the dollar.
    I'm not sure when your last visit was, but the current prices were in effect since about March of this year. Prior to that, ST was 1600 for the last couple of years or so (I believe TLN was 3000, but could be wrong.)

If you want to take a chica in the Jacuzzi, it's 500 pesos. If you take her directly from the Jacuzzi to your room, they waive the 500 pesos.

Since I've never been to FOD, I'm not sure if they have jacuzzi or what the pricing might be.
    One for the dick and one for the balls!

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TC For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    You probably know more honest and reliable Haitians in Puerto Plata than reliable Dominicans.
    For sure.

My approach is: I assume Haitians to be honest unless proven otherwise. The other way round with Dominicans.

7. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 72,237 Times in 11,762 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TC View Post
    Outstanding review! Very thorough! I have never been to FOD, but I have been to BB's many times. While I don't disagree with anything, I just want to add:

BB's basic room is also $55 per night, which includes a queen size bed. A larger room with a king size bed is $60 per night. They have larger rooms/suites at higher prices.

I'm not sure when your last visit was, but the current prices were in effect since about March of this year. Prior to that, ST was 1600 for the last couple of years or so (I believe TLN was 3000, but could be wrong.)

If you want to take a chica in the Jacuzzi, it's 500 pesos. If you take her directly from the Jacuzzi to your room, they waive the 500 pesos.

Since I've never been to FOD, I'm not sure if they have jacuzzi or what the pricing might be.
    FOD has a whirlpool tub, but it's not heated.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,361 Times in 13,901 Posts

For sure.

My approach is: I assume Haitians to be honest unless proven otherwise. The other way round with Dominicans.
    For the most part, I agree with you.

You have to really assimilate into Dominican culture to find the honest ones. Not so much with Haitians.
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

For sure.

I don't know how long you have lived there, but why would you choose to live in a country where you have such a low opinion of the people there?

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TC For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TC View Post
    I don't know how long you have lived there, but why would you choose to live in a country where you have such a low opinion of the people there?
    Six years.

Their general dishonesty, ignorance and unreliability does not impinge on me much. Sometimes it is irritating but just as often I get to laugh at it. I have learned to manage the situation. I live a simple life here with my family and really only need to deal with a few Haitians and Dominicans whom I have come trust (as far as I need to).

15. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,064 Times in 774 Posts

Weyland is being streetwise.
    Six years.

Their general dishonesty, ignorance and unreliability does not impinge on me much. Sometimes it is irritating but just as often I get to laugh at it. I have learned to manage the situation. I live a simple life here with my family and really only need to deal with a few Haitians and Dominicans whom I have come trust (as far as I need to).
    SouthCoast

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Drjetman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 41,237 Times in 7,792 Posts

Six years.

So why live there at all?

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDR For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JDR View Post
    So why live there at all?
    Exactly (Yes, I'm agreeing with Jimmy, and no, I did not fall and hit my head.) There are roughly 200 countries in the world, depending on how you count. It would seem to me that there might be others where you could live a simple life, have a laugh or 2 and still have a higher opinion of the majority of the population. That way you could actually interact with people and enjoy it instead of only when you "need" to.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TC For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information