Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 10/2015 - DR extended stay fees increased

Thanks
    Thanked 72,237 Times in 11,762 Posts

Re: 10/2015 - DR extended stay fees increased

Quote Originally Posted by SeaWeed View Post
    yea living in any foreign country for 3-6 months gives you a good idea if you want to live der permanently......most times
    though as far as myself....mi have been doing dat for quite a few years and haven't made the move to permanent residency in Jamaica
    What you're doing might just be the best of both worlds. You build up the thirst for three months, then you go and slake it for the next three.

Got a question for you: Do you own that place on the lane, or do you just keep it locked down by leasing it year-round?
    I'm still "Just A Lurker."

The Chinese virus infected the Western world with Chinese-style totalitarian politics. ​- Gladiator

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. – H. L. Mencken

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,363 Times in 78,282 Posts

Re: 10/2015 - DR extended stay fees increased

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    What you're doing might just be the best of both worlds. You build up the thirst for three months, then you go and slake it for the next three.

Got a question for you: Do you own that place on the lane, or do you just keep it locked down by leasing it year-round?
    Helps that he is a 2 hour flight from there.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

Thanks

Re: DR extended stay fees increased

Quote Originally Posted by JDR View Post
    They can't count and ask me how many days I was in country. I was there 30 a time or two and said no say!
    Yes I am confused too! But the reality of the situation is that the 2500 pesos is charged on departure after 30 days. Like many I had read that it was to be after 60 days. When I left in the summer the officer refused to give me a receipt so I suspect that the money went into his pocket. When I left from my last trip, a couple of weeks ago, it was the same story, "no receipts". My Spanish is getting better so I stood my ground and insisted on a receipt. The guy beckoned a woman over and I was taken to an office where a receipt was issued. I suspect a scam is going on.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nick T For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,363 Times in 78,282 Posts

Re: DR extended stay fees increased

Quote Originally Posted by Nick T View Post
    Yes I am confused too! But the reality of the situation is that the 2500 pesos is charged on departure after 30 days. Like many I had read that it was to be after 60 days. When I left in the summer the officer refused to give me a receipt so I suspect that the money went into his pocket. When I left from my last trip, a couple of weeks ago, it was the same story, "no receipts". My Spanish is getting better so I stood my ground and insisted on a receipt. The guy beckoned a woman over and I was taken to an office where a receipt was issued. I suspect a scam is going on.
    What else is new

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information