Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: 11/2015 - Camaro’s Journal Part 2 -2015-2016

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 87,562 Times in 8,809 Posts

Re: 11/2015 - Camaro’s Journal Part 2 -2015-2016

Quote Originally Posted by ezsmile View Post
    Chica is late.....seems par for the course in the Dominican Republic. One frequently reads about and experiences the Dominican sense of time so I am not surprised. It will probably happen a lot, better get used to it. That is not to say you should not blow them off, but you should expect that it will happen again, and again, and again.
    My 2 Santiago dates were on time so punctuality is possible for Dominicanas...

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,340 Times in 1,266 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by camaro1257 View Post
    My 2 Santiago dates were on time so punctuality is possible for Dominicanas...
    Santiago women that I know actually own real watches. The ones in the north coast only know when the novelas begin. I've yet to see any of them late turning the tv on, or changing the channel when it begins.
    “I don’t know the question, but sex is definitely the answer.”

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to steviewonder For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,377 Times in 13,906 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder View Post
    Easy rule to deal with a chica in the DR, or any Dominican .... example, tell them ; let's meet at 11 am, however you really want the time to be noon. When you arrive at noon its a safe bet they will be waiting on you, even if it's only for a few minutes....
    If only it were so simple.

They don't wait. They arrive someplace, you're not there, 9 times out of 10 they're gone. They figure you stood them up, and they ain't waiting.
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Gold's Gym, Puerto Plata

There is a new Gold's Gym in Puerto Plata and it is an excellent facility. There is secured parking a juice bar and sufficient work out equipment for whatever you desire. The staff is very professional and friendly. You are given a brief physical exam every 2 months to check your progress by an on staff medical professional. You can work out independently or with a routine and trainer. In addition there are aerobic classes given during different times of the day.

I have been getting lazy so I am going to try and make some lifestyle changes to include exercise and diet. Of course the challenge will not be starting but staying consistent.

***There are multiple goals for my gym membership, first to get in shape and give me something to do. Also it will expose me to a different class of people both men and women. I explained to the manager my situation being retired ex-pat and wanted to change my social circle. I asked if I could meet some of his friends and he advised since he didn't know me personally he would have to get better acquainted with me before he would feel comfortable allowing me in his circle. I was very impressed with his response because clearly he was no chulo or tigure who wanted to hook barrio girls up for his own benefit.

I look forward to this opportunity to broaden my horizons.

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Facebook as a mongering tool

Initially my e-mongering was done on Badoo, Tagged, Dominican & Latin American Cupid but now I have seen how valuable Facebook is. Facebook allows you to not only get a snapshot into the persons life by going through their photo gallery but you can draw conclusions by who their friends are. For example I viewed one Facebook gallery and saw a couple of chics I had already smashed. I generally view my targets Facebook friends list, some have many of my monger friends in their friends list and others have no gringos at all.

Facebook has a feature "People you may know" which are generally friends of people on your Facebook friends list; you can send them messages and "friend request" to make your own personal connection. I recently discovered that one of my non-pro civilian chicas had 2 pages. One of the pages list her as single and the other list her in a relationship and her photos with her "Boo."

Facebook also has a "birthday feature" where upcoming birthdays are mentioned and I recently discovered that potential interest just turned 18. I used to think Facebook was "the devil" but now I believe Facebook is "an angel." In have had some women reluctant to give me their Facebook information going forward that will be a deal breaker since Facebook profiles often contain information that can help you make better decisions.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Puerto Plata street meat

Right around the corner from my house there are a couple of tables set up with whole roasted pork for sale. Some tables have plantains and others have coolers with soft drinks. I can appreciate the entrepreneurial spirit of these Dominicans. I decided to try some and it came out to be 200 pesos per pound. Maybe I am wrong but either I was gringo taxed or Puerto Plata pricing is a little higher than I would pay in Mao or Nagua for the same thing. In any event it was a different experience that is part of life in the Dominican Republic.

12. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,137 Times in 9,456 Posts

Puerto Plata street meat

Right around the corner from my house there are a couple of tables set up with whole roasted pork for sale. Some tables have plantains and others have coolers with soft drinks. I can appreciate the entrepreneurial spirit of these Dominicans. I decided to try some and it came out to be 200 pesos per pound. Maybe I am wrong but either I was gringo taxed or Puerto Plata pricing is a little higher than I would pay in Mao or Nagua for the same thing. In any event it was a different experience that is part of life in the Dominican Republic.

Click to see pic

Click to see pic
    Let us know how your stomach handled the pork. I've had different experiences.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by psriches View Post
    I didn't have any digestive problems but I don't think I will make it a regular practice since I am trying to eat more healthy...

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,796 Times in 355 Posts

I used to live spitting distance from there and ate their pork a few times without any problems.Behind them and to the right is the best pica pollo anywhere.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to quietcorner911 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by quietcorner911 View Post
    I used to live spitting distance from there and ate their pork a few times without any problems.Behind them and to the right is the best pica pollo anywhere.
    I often stop at the Pork stands along the highway close to the turn off to san francisco de marcoris. Very tasty in indeed!!

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by quietcorner911 View Post
    This is across the road from Burger King in the la bomba, just before the pop roundabout, right??

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

This is across the road from Burger King in the la bomba, just before the pop roundabout, right??
    STOP!!!!! ya'll don't know my HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD...ROTFL!

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Anecdotal Observation #3

Amongst different mongers in public and in private there are different standards of what is perceived as beautiful. IMHO male rating systems are subjective absent an objective standard of measure. One man's floor is another man's ceiling. If we bind ourselves to other men's standards of beauty we may miss opportunities that we might regret later in life.

26. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Automatic Car Wash & Sports Bar, Puerto Plata

There are 2 car washes I use in Puerto Plata. There is one around the corner from my house that is a tire, mechanic shop and car wash and there is Automatic Car Wash & Sports Bar. I have my share of complaints about Dominicans but there are two things they do well. Cut hair and wash cars. The car wash around the corner from my house is 150 pesos and this one is 200 pesos and both do an outstanding job. The same thing back home cost me $20.00.

It is the typical Dominican Car Wash with waitresses that are available but I believe they have to wait until the end of there tour of duty. I went one time at night and went upstairs to see it the wait staff was 6's and 7's. The facility is currently under renovation.

I would return at night with someone to hunt but I don't think I would go by myself but it has potential because they have different nights when they have different activities such as karaoke etc. so it could be a place with some decent potential for, non, semi and pros alike.

28. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

The Nativity Scene in Puerto Plata

Puerto Plata has a Nativity Scene for the Christmas Holiday season. The scene is located just inside town next to the Palacio de Justicia in the round-about.

Click this bar to view the full image.

There were plenty of groups that appeared to be families taking photos.

There were some cuties there but they all appeared to be either too young or too old

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Rumbas Restaurant, Sosua

I haven't been to Rumbas or their restaurant in a while so I decided to check them out and eat some pollo quisado. The food was decent but I've tasted better. For the first time I was asked to move after I finished my meal. I used to sit for a considerable length of time after eating just watching the chica parade but now they want turn over for the chairs they use for dining customers.

I was alone until my food came then suddenly I had company. I swear this cat reminded me of Sosua chicas they only come around when they want something. This cat did everything it could to get my attention. It was so much like a chica even when I tried to take photos it ducked and dodged. And when I finished eating guess what happened?????

...se fue!!!!

32. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 72,262 Times in 11,768 Posts

Rumbas Restaurant, Sosua

I haven't been to Rumbas or their restaurant in a while so I decided to check them out and eat some pollo quisado. The food was decent but I've tasted better. For the first time I was asked to move after I finished my meal. I used to sit for a considerable length of time after eating just watching the chica parade but now they want turn over for the chairs they use for dining customers.

Click to see pic

I was alone until my food came then suddenly I had company. I swear this cat reminded me of Sosua chicas they only come around when they want something. This cat did everything it could to get my attention. It was so much like a chica even when I tried to take photos it ducked and dodged. And when I finished eating guess what happened?????

Click to see pic

...se fue!!!!
    Darn. I thought cats were drama-free pussy.
    I'm still "Just A Lurker."

The Chinese virus infected the Western world with Chinese-style totalitarian politics. ​- Gladiator

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. – H. L. Mencken

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,474 Times in 2,511 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    Darn. I thought cats were drama-free pussy.

No such thing

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to minkyboodle For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,796 Times in 355 Posts

Yes,exactly.

38. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to quietcorner911 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Wisdom from Greydred which can be easy to forget...

It's when Guys complicate shit that things get fucked up, like having a relationship with a Ho. Impossible. You can have an arrangement with a Ho, you can have an agreement with a Ho, you can have an understanding with a Ho, you can have an affinity for a Ho, you can have a preference for a Ho but you can not have a relationship with a Ho. Her relationship is with money and once she chooses money she's in love forever. ... with money.

Greydred circa December 2015

40. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread Information