Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 02/2016 - Various Places in Santiago...

Thanks
    Thanked 53,118 Times in 6,021 Posts

Re: 02/2016 - Various Places in Santiago...

Great info indeed, I've had great times on my short visits to Santiago and knew nothing of these places. Looking forward to checking some of them out.

Gracias, y saludos.
    We don't catch feelings, we catch flights.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to tarzan For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,239 Times in 5,923 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ROVER View Post
    Awesome dude awesome report.

Great info !

I'm glad I found this thread ... BECAUSE ITS THE FIRST I'M HEARING OF IT

Next time we meet for breakfast I'm not letting you order shit till you tell me everything. Count on that.

Keep it coming. I haven't been to Santiago in a while and am overdue. This updated info will definitely come in handy
    Count me in next time fellas, Rover you know how I tend to pop the fuck up out of nowhere!!

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to joeysterr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Gunz my good brother I'm waiting for that place I cruises through with you and your peeps, this huge underground quasi local one I asked you about that I wanted to "show off" to that Santiaguera that I've been at

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to joeysterr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: Various Places in Santiago...

Quote Originally Posted by tgunz View Post
    This is the corner Of Calle Vincente Estrella Y Santome.

Click to see pic

Click to see pic

Click to see pic

Click to see pic

Even the cop sat down for a game of dominoes this night. There is always the same group of men out. They drink and play there dominoes, They have always been friendly and never ask for anything. One of them ones the lottery place and the barbershop. They are many working class women around. But Also tons of young girls more than eager to meet up. However they all move very secretively. Having a car made it very easy to move around the neighborhood all day.

I spent a day with a guy who is on Santome day and night. He introduced me to everybody. His phone was blowing every place we left with girls asking to hook me up with them. Usually a few drinks and 1000 pesos was more than enough.

In Alberto Suites you can now do short stay for 300 pesos. It was perfect.
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/for...berto-s-Suites

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to joeysterr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,361 Times in 13,901 Posts

CASA BADER.............

I like old places and learning the history. I never really how much History Santiago has. I came across this place and spoke with many people inside, as well as googled it. I believe the bar is over 100 years old. Great place to have a cold one a mingle with some higher class dominicans.

Click to see pic

Click to see pic

Click to see pic

Click to see pic

Click to see pic

Click to see pic
    My drinking hole of choice for years and years.

When I was going there, the widow of the owner still ran the money box. She was in her 80's back then. I'd stop there after work everyday before I'd pick up my "chica of the day"

They had a back room for men to drink and smoke cigars that was off limits to women. I never saw one in there out of the hundreds of times I went.

If a girl went there with a guy, she had to stay in the front if he went in the back to hang out. For that reason, you'd never see many girls in the place.

Notice the coolers? They had (Have?) a process for moving bottles of beer from one progressively colder cooler than the previous cooler until they arrived at the sub zero cooler. Every time they served a beer, it would trigger a procession of beers being moved from one cooler to the next.

Beers came out of that last cooler "vestida de novia" and were known to be the coldest beers in the city.

They were also known for their "Quipes". Big suckers, full of meat, cheap. No other fried stuff, just Quipes.

Lots of great memories of that place.
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

10. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,477 Times in 4,501 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joeysterr View Post
    Gunz my good brother I'm waiting for that place I cruises through with you and your peeps, this huge underground quasi local one I asked you about that I wanted to "show off" to that Santiaguera that I've been at
    PUEBLO NUEVO........ Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh... Definately is not for everyone, As Uncle Ruckas has stated, and I have to agree. Its quite dangerous and would not be irresponsible to make it sound like its safe for members to go.
    You do You, I'm gonna Do Me!!

"Don't tell me what a man says, don't tell me what a man knows, tell me where he's traveled?"

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to tgunz For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    My drinking hole of choice for years and years.

When I was going there, the widow of the owner still ran the money box. She was in her 80's back then. I'd stop there after work everyday before I'd pick up my "chica of the day"

They had a back room for men to drink and smoke cigars that was off limits to women. I never saw one in there out of the hundreds of times I went.

If a girl went there with a guy, she had to stay in the front if he went in the back to hang out. For that reason, you'd never see many girls in the place.

Notice the coolers? They had (Have?) a process for moving bottles of beer from one progressively colder cooler than the previous cooler until they arrived at the sub zero cooler. Every time they served a beer, it would trigger a procession of beers being moved from one cooler to the next.

Beers came out of that last cooler "vestida de novia" and were known to be the coldest beers in the city.

They were also known for their "Quipes". Big suckers, full of meat, cheap. No other fried stuff, just Quipes.

Lots of great memories of that place.
    Im glad someone else has been there. Its cool to hear about it from someones first hand expierance, especailly from years ago. Women are now allowed in the back. But beer was freezing. Id recommend it to anyone!

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to tgunz For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ROVER View Post
    Awesome dude awesome report.

Great info !

I'm glad I found this thread ... BECAUSE ITS THE FIRST I'M HEARING OF IT

Next time we meet for breakfast I'm not letting you order shit till you tell me everything. Count on that.

Keep it coming. I haven't been to Santiago in a while and am overdue. This updated info will definitely come in handy

You will get first hand knowledge and plenty of chica pics and info. There is even one right next door to albert suites! Hottie too!

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to tgunz For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I am sure There are good hospitals in The capital. However I know there are two good hospitals in Santiago. One is HOLMS. Its the best in the country! Quite possibly the best in latin America according to wiki..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hospit...no_de_Santiago

http://www.homshospital.com/index.php?lang=en

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tgunz For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Another Hospital in Santiago is named Union Medica.

http://clinicaunionmedica.com/

They do take credit cards. This is very important in an emergency. In DR no payment, no treatment. Also, if you have the empire blue cross blue shield card they may except it. I amm enrolled in the Blue card world wide. It covers you in emergencies. Some of the card are white and say blue card world wide. My card was blue. It did not say they. So, they would not accept it. However, when I was home I submitted a bill for 7,200 us. I was refunded 6,000. So, I was Happy. Down side was it took almost 2 months to get the refund

They have different types of rooms. You can get a simple room with a bed and a shower. Or a bigger room with a bed and a small couch, they even had rooms that were like suites. Prices were like 2500-4000. or somewhere in that area.

There is a nice mall across the street , and bella terra mall is about a block away on the same street. Plenty of good eats around. If you know where KFC, and Mcdonalds are in Santaigo under the highway, the hospital is right there.

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to tgunz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 72,237 Times in 11,762 Posts

Another Hospital in Santiago is named Union Medica.

http://clinicaunionmedica.com/

They do take credit cards. This is very important in an emergency. In DR no payment, no treatment. Also, if you have the empire blue cross blue shield card they may except it. I amm enrolled in the Blue card world wide. It covers you in emergencies. Some of the card are white and say blue card world wide. My card was blue. It did not say they. So, they would not accept it. However, when I was home I submitted a bill for 7,200 us. I was refunded 6,000. So, I was Happy. Down side was it took almost 2 months to get the refund

They have different types of rooms. You can get a simple room with a bed and a shower. Or a bigger room with a bed and a small couch, they even had rooms that were like suites. Prices were like 2500-4000. or somewhere in that area.

There is a nice mall across the street , and bella terra mall is about a block away on the same street. Plenty of good eats around. If you know where KFC, and Mcdonalds are in Santaigo under the highway, the hospital is right there.
    I appreciate the info on Blue Cross/Blue Shield ... they're an option with the Federal Employees' Health Benefits program. I'm currently with Kaiser Permanente, under FEHB, and they gave me more hassle than it was worth about covering my two-night stay at Centro Medico Cabarete, back in March 2014. (It was only a few hundred dollars, not like your Santiago hospital bill, Tgunz.)

Looking into BC/BS now ... and I may switch over, come the next Open Season.
    I'm still "Just A Lurker."

The Chinese virus infected the Western world with Chinese-style totalitarian politics. ​- Gladiator

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. – H. L. Mencken

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    I appreciate the info on Blue Cross/Blue Shield ... they're an option with the Federal Employees' Health Benefits program. I'm currently with Kaiser Permanente, under FEHB, and they gave me more hassle than it was worth about covering my two-night stay at Centro Medico Cabarete, back in March 2014. (It was only a few hundred dollars, not like your Santiago hospital bill, Tgunz.)

Looking into BC/BS now ... and I may switch over, come the next Open Season.
    Another stay was 1800, my responsibility was 28$ I literally just found out shortly after the post.. That was a 9 day stay. Other stay was 19 days

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tgunz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 20,125 Times in 3,033 Posts

Thanks for all the great info Tgunz, much appreciated.. Am a little apprehensive about hitting Santiago until my Spanish gets to a decent level; someday I will get graduate into it..

26. The Following User Says Thank You to CentralNJDude For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,364 Times in 78,283 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CentralNJDude View Post
    Thanks for all the great info Tgunz, much appreciated.. Am a little apprehensive about hitting Santiago until my Spanish gets to a decent level; someday I will get graduate into it..
    He does great work.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information