Page 1 of 18 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: 03/2016 - Camaro's Journal Part 3 2016

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 87,562 Times in 8,809 Posts

03/2016 - Camaro's Journal Part 3 2016

Camaro's Journal Part 3 2016

After almost 2 weeks away from home it's time to head back. I accomplished my goals to include a couple of dates, none of which were anything worth bragging about. As always I enjoy spending time with family and friends however if I have a choice between the Dominican Republic and the United States for my social activities in this stage of my life there is not much of a choice for me to make.

I have lived in the Dominican Republic for over a year now and have yet to get sick from the food or drink. I wasn't home 3 days before I ate something that had me sick as a dog. I can recall reading a couple of reports where members got sick on vacation and I can tell you one thing it's one thing reading about it but it's another thing calling "RALPH" over your toilet.

My return will include much of the same thing I did before I left traveling the Island and discovering the fruit that the Dominican Republic is known for.

2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: Camaro's Journal Part 3 2016

Has Sosua finally died?

Recently I have been following Wicked Willie's thread and one quote resonated with me more than the others...

"...Perhaps at some point one kind of outgrows Sosua or the novelty naturally diminishes...The only thing one can do is adapt and enjoy Sosua for what it has morphed into. Like others have said, Sosua is still probably better than wherever you come from."

el_papi_chew_low Circa 2016.

For sure Sosua is better than where I come from and when I return I am going to get plenty of this:

Click this bar to view the full image.

I have been on Sosua detox for quite some time but I am feeling a Sosua binge is coming on when I return.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I am learning how to communicate like a Dominicano

http://cabaretecondos.com/dominican-gestures/

Communicate like a Dominican Without Saying a Word

By TracyFebruary 26, 2016Cabarete Life, Cabarete Locals Guide, Dominican Culture2 Comments

Dominican Gestures

Every culture has it’s own dictionary of silent gestures that are used to communicate, but the people of the Dominican Republic are particularly expressive! Just like with language, some things don’t exactly translate into other cultures, so we created this visual guide of gestures that you will probably see during your vacation to Cabarete, Dominican Republic. We hope you find it useful (and fun!).

Over There

THIS IS NOT A SOMEONE ASKING FOR A KISS. It actually means “over there”. Many cultures think pointing with the index finger is very rude, so Dominicans have taken up pointing with their lips instead. This gesture is not exclusive to the Dominican Republic, however. Lip-pointing is also prevalent in Southeast Asia (especially among Filipinos), Australia, the Caribbean, Africa, and South America.

What Did You Just Say?

No, you do not stink (well maybe, but that is not what this gesture means). The person you are talking to either did not hear what you just said or they didn’t understand what you just said. So, repeat yourself until the nose-wiggling stops.

Oh Snap!

This gesture comes with a LOUD snapping sound and can mean a few things depending on the context. Let’s say a really pretty lady is walking by. She might be so hot that she deserves to be cooled off with the wind of the proverbial “oh snap”. Now, let’s say your dad walks into your room while you are chillin’ with your amigos and calls you out on not taking out the trash in front of them. Your friends will totally feel the burn and proceed to rub it in with this flamboyant move.

No No

This little finger wave is important because it really drives home the fact that no means no. Sometimes you already know that the answer is no, so to save everyone a little time you can just bust out the “No No Finger”. It also is super useful in places where it is noisy, like out on the street when you are waiting for a guagua but a motoconcho passes by with a “beep beep” as to ask if you need a ride. Rather than shouting “No gracias, I am waiting for a guagua” you can just give the driver a little wave of the finger and he will know exactly what you mean.

Let’s Eat

This one is pretty self explanatory…we think. At least with the big white caption it is. We should note that maybe our model has gotten a little bit over zealous by adding in some chomping with his wave toward the mouth, but this could also mean that he is extra hungry. We are open minded and everyone is entitled to add their own flare to these gestures.

Hard Work

We have probably all seen some version of this one before, but the Dominican Republic can get really hot in some parts of the country, so the motion of wiping the brow could be a little more literal in this case. Keep in mind that not everything is to be taken literally though. Sometimes lifting a few cervezas to your lips on a sunny Saturday afternoon can also put a whoopin’ on you!

Money

No this is not a grasshopper playing the world’s smallest violin. This is the sign for dinero (Spanish for money) because the gesture resembles the act of rubbing coins or bills together. It’s a pretty universal thing in all cultures, but notice the pursed lips on our model…this is an extra special flare that Dominicans often add to rubbing the fingers together.

Later On

There isn’t much to say about this one. It just is what it is. So, in lieu of some witty paragraph telling you where this gesture originated, we will just teach you the Spanish word for later on or afterwards: Después.

Let’s Go

This is another gesture that came about because it is rude to interrupt someone when they are talking. So, rather than shouting vámonos (Spanish for let’s go) when you are super hungry and in need of some pica pollo pronto…you can just quietly use this sign to signify that you are ready to leave. Keep in mind that facial features represent the amount of urgency included with the need to scat. In this case, it seems rather urgent.

*Obviously most of these gestures are not exclusive to the Dominican Republic, but they are gestures that are universally understood here. If you care to elaborate on any of the examples we have provided or think we have left out any important ones, please let us know in the comments below.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,004 Times in 1,005 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by camaro1257 View Post
    Has Sosua finally died?

I have been on Sosua detox for quite some time but I am feeling a Sosua binge is coming on when I return.
    Thats my plan for next week... H20 on me, if ur around...
    If you don't do it, someone else will!

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MH16 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: 03/2016 - Camaro's Journal Part 3 2016

5 Lies Dominican Women Tell Foreign Men

The below is from the Mongering 101 Handbook but I thought I'd re-post anyway.

http://blackmentalkradio.com/5-lies-...an-women-tell/

After your first trip to dominican republic you will meet some women. women who you might exchange numbers with. A week or so you might get a call from that girl you met on vacation. She will tell you a story of how “her mother is in the hospital” or “Her baby is sick” or how she got dengue fever. Veteran travelers know this all to well. This is a scam. Most women have a main boy friend. You are her back up lover. The one that pays the money. While her main guy gets the honey (if you know what i mean).

1. I need MONEY for bus fare to come see you. This is a favorite trick of girls from santo domingo. A girl you will meet online. My policy never give a girl money you don’t know personally. The girl will ask you for something small like 30 dollars. This is over 1000 pesos. An average dominican may make only 10,000 pesos a month. She will not show up. If she can get 15 guyS a month to do this. She is set, don’t be a sucker.

2. My baby is sick This is some low down behavior. It does happen. The name of the game is to get money out of you. My observation of dominican culture is they live by the day. So she can get one of you to believe her sob story. She’s winning.

3. I need to pay for school some girls do go to college. Its not very expensive at all. She really dosen’t need your support. Understand this is game. This will be money she spends with her main boyfriend.

4. I will help you get good price In most cases a you are the richest person the dominican girl knows. Any deal she negotiates for you she will be looking for a kickback. If a girl offers you her place to stay. Don’t do it !!! This a ginger bread house. You will get milked.

5. My vagina is your vagina Its not your girl its your turn. You must always remember in this country with out money survival is difficult. Some girls only have their vagina to offer the world.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,064 Times in 774 Posts

Cell phones and computers are also on the list of requests. And not just any cell phone or computer. IPhones and Apple Computers are what they want.
    SouthCoast

10. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Drjetman For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I' am back!

Both flights went smoothly but Las Americas as could be expected was a zoo. There is a new procedure to fingerprint and photograph everyone which only slows down the process that much more. The process was about an hour and a half even though I don't have to get the tourist card I still had to handle the long lines.

***Shout out to Yayow for picking me up and keeping an eye on my vehicle while I was away it's a blessing to have great friends.

Upon my arrival there was no doubt I was back in the Dominican Republic between the roads and the traffic. I thoroughly enjoy driving in the United States the roads are better and it seems as if the drivers are more courteous letting you in traffic failing to yield etc...Dominican Republic NOT SO MUCH!

I love Ms. Google's voice but she had me turn on a street that didn't permit right turns and what happened?...AMET flagged me down. I identified myself and their demeanor changed I think the Officer was going to give me a ticket but he didn't once he saw my credentials. I also was stopped outside Sosua on Hwy 5 on a road block this time by Policia Nacional the Officer looked at me and asked "eres militar?" Then another one walked up and waived me on WTF? I have heard horror stories about extranjeros encounters with La Policia here but so far all is well, let's hope it stays that way.
    Last edited by camaro1257; 03-25-2016 at 07:48 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 113,284 Times in 14,580 Posts

I' am back!

Both flights went smoothly but Las Americas as could be expected was a zoo. There is a new procedure to fingerprint and photograph everyone which only slows down the process that much more. The process was about an hour and a half even though I don't have to get the tourist card I still had to handle the long lines.

Click to see pic

***Shout out to Yayow for picking me up and keeping an eye on my vehicle while I was away it's a blessing to have great friends.

Upon my arrival there was no doubt I was back in the Dominican Republic between the roads and the traffic. I thoroughly enjoy driving in the United States the roads are better and it seems as if the drivers are more courteous letting you in traffic failing to yield etc...Dominican Republic NOT SO MUCH!

I love Ms. Google's voice but she had me turn on a street that didn't permit right turns and what happened?...AMET flagged me down. I identified myself and their demeanor changed I think the Officer was going to give me a ticket but he didn't once he saw my credentials. I also was stopped outside Sosua on Hwy 5 outside Sosua on a road block this time by Policia Nacional the Officer looked at me and asked "eres militar?" Then another one walked up and waived me on WTF? I have heard horror stories about extranjeros encounters with La Policia here but so far all is well, let's hope it stays that way.
    Sounds like I need to add a badge to my DR travel pack.
    I am the pussy licker ​Let's have some fun. Not invisible. Snitches are pathetic little people!
    Disclaimer. This post may not be in response to a post by Greybaby. So Greybaby doesn't need to cry about it. Rover has you pegged to a T

13. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Me siento conectado a la tierra

While standing in line at Las Americas one of the Immigration Officers asked me "eres Dominicano no?" I have noticed I can be easily identified as an extranjero depending on where I am on the Island. In tourist areas it's always obvious I am an extranjero but in other places like La Romana it's not obvious until I start talking.

Tgunz sent me the above meme and it reminded me why I feel connected to the Dominican Republic. Many Dominicans share the same ethnicity as Afro Americans but obviously our cultures are worlds apart never the less being around people who look like me brings me comfort despite the fact that in reality we are as different as night and day.

15. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by j_d66 View Post
    It can't hurt!

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,477 Times in 4,501 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by j_d66 View Post

I have always found DR M.O.S. to be respectful and go out of thier way to give proffesional courtesy. Most even turn down an offer of a meal or a drink. well, except in Sosua... lol
    You do You, I'm gonna Do Me!!

"Don't tell me what a man says, don't tell me what a man knows, tell me where he's traveled?"

19. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to tgunz For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Viernes Santo en Sosua

My intention was to stay in for Good Friday so I went through my phone and got bupkis! Either people were spending time with family or out of town it was quite disappointing. I decided to head out stopped by Kviar in Puerto Plata and discovered it was closed I thought it was because there was a concert the following day but when I got to Sosua I remembered there are not supposed to be alcohol sales from midnight Friday to midnight Saturday but of course there is always cheating going on.

Sosua was dead...ROTFL! La Policia Nacional were out in full force it seemed like every where I looked up there was another police truck. There were chics walking the streets but they did not represent Sosua's finest most were definitely street rats.

I came back the following night just before midnight and it was a little more lively but still not very active.

After midnight the bars started selling alcohol and things livened up. I didn't make any pulls as the talent pool was mediocre at best.

21. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,379 Times in 7,663 Posts

I gave up on trying to get laid Easter weekend after years ago one of my all time favs ditched me during Semana Santa to hang out with her peeps. It became obvious that there were things that were more important than money and hanging out with your peeps during Semana Santa is one of them for Dominicans. After that I'd fly in on the Saturday before Easter watch all the drunken foolishness then feast from Monday on because the chicks needed to replenish the money they had spent and the money they didn't make. Worked out well.

23. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to The Sage For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Residence Atlantic One & Rick's Café Costumbar

I have a friend who just bought a 2 bedroom townhouse at Residence Atlantic One in Costumbar less than 2 minutes from Blackbeards Hotel and Resort. Residence Atlantic One is a nice complex with mostly ex-pats and some of the units are rented out for tourist. The complex has a pool but there is very sparse parking for those who have vehicles.

Costumbar wouldn't be attractive for me because it is on the west side of Puerto Plata closer to Navarette and Santiago and I prefer being on the east side of Puerto Plata closer to Sosua and Cabarette. Depending on the time of day and traffic it can take 30 minutes to get from the west side of Puerto Plata to the east side.

Residence Atlantic One and Rick's Café are owned by the same person. The café has a basic menu with sandwiches soups and salads etc. There is a great ambiance it is open air and there are Latin music videos being played on a flat screen TV. The food is good and most items are under 500 pesos. I had a BLT sandwich and I thought it was unique that they take your chips out and put them in a bowl instead of just giving you the plain bag, it kind of adds a little class to the place.

It's a good place to visit if you happen to be in Costumbar.
    Last edited by camaro1257; 03-28-2016 at 02:43 PM.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Tarjeta Solidaridad

Apparently the Dominican Republic now has an EBT card (Electronic Benefit Transfer) available for poor people. I have asked around and I could not get the income level that qualifies the individual or the specific amount given. I was told the determination was made based on the census and that qualifying individuals had to apply for the cards in order to receive benefits.

I also heard that some politicians are giving them out to family and friends which of course I would not be surprised.

26. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,477 Times in 4,501 Posts

Tarjeta Solidaridad

Apparently the Dominican Republic now has an EBT card (Electronic Benefit Transfer) available for poor people. I have asked around and I could not get the income level that qualifies the individual or the specific amount given. I was told the determination was made based on the census and that qualifying individuals had to apply for the cards in order to receive benefits.

I also heard that some politicians are giving them out to family and friends which of course I would not be surprised.

Click to see pic

Click to see pic

I spoke of this once before. When I was in a supermarket in Monti Cristi it was a mad house. It was the day everyone got money. I inquired about it from several dominicans. The said what you did. Its usually friends and family of politicos who are rewarded with the benefits.

28. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to tgunz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 19,226 Times in 3,260 Posts

Tarjeta Solidaridad

Click to see pic

Click to see pic

A lot them just have 500 pesos on them, but they probably can be refilled
    I'm a Payer not a Player

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DMV For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Kviar Dance Club and Casino, Puerto Plata

I am back at Kviar which is hard to resist since it's so close to my house.

I might have some challenges because it's a small venue where everybody knows one another. I have hit a few chics who give me the why don't you pick me again look and others look at me like why are you with her?

It has a different flavor depending on which night you go. During the week the chicas dress down but on the weekend they dress up like they do at Classicos in Sosua. They also have special events like dance shows and live entertainment sometimes.

The crowd is a mix between pros and non pros. Generally it is easy to tell the pros by how they try to get your attention however there have been times when I saw attractive chicas and frankly I just wasn't sure if they were pro or not.

Chicas

There are several chicas on my bucket list but I am very sober going forward because the venue is small and most know one another. I met a chic from Santiago there last year but we couldn't agree on price so I walked. She was AWOL for almost a year but has returned and is looking very good.

We reconnect and agree on a price and just before we are ready to go she pulls me outside and suggest I should do a happy hour with her amiga. I am not a happy hour person because generally I feel your paying one chic to do nothing, plus I like the fantasy of being intimate with someone I am attracted to. She says her amiga is her room mate and good friend who she offered at a discount and I could leche with both separately. I got greedy when she said 2 leches and agreed to the happy hour.

We went to Venus cabana and I absolutely love my chics tight body she was very affectionate and GFE but her was in the way of what I really wanted. The amiga did a decent job on her massage and CBJ but the reality was I was focused on my chic. My chic gave a CBJ also after changing condoms but it felt very good. Amiga went into the bathroom while my chic and I smashed and the sex was decent. When I was done she kept trying to stroke but I didn't have it in me.

I didn't get my second nut I believe because I hit earlier in the day. Sometimes I knock out 3 in a day and sometimes not. This was a day with minimum leche.

Lesson learned pass on happy hours, I dropped them both off so they could catch motos and headed home. My chic offered to cook and clean my place we will see what that looks like going forward.

Kviar is watching

As could be expected my chic saw me leave with another chic last week and she made sure she let me know about it. I am interested to see how this small club dynamic is going to work out.

32. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

D Tairon Yaroa, Puerto Plata

I dropped my Kviar chicas off at the moto concho spot and was hungry so I stopped at D Tairon Yaroa which is next to the hospital and the Parada de Carrito.

Here's the deal, I order 2 hamburgers and dude gives me a chicken leg while I am waiting I think "ok that's nice gracias!" Well what does he do next? Dude gives me 3 pieces of chicken and tostones along with my hamburgers and only charges me for my hamburgers ...R U CEE REE US?...GTFOH!

Mannnnn sometimes I get soooooooo pissed with the things Dominicans do but every now and then they extend an act of kindness that endears you.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,004 Times in 1,005 Posts

Kviar is watching
    Lets see what happens when the KVIAR Pros realize that u have more gringo friends...

Wednesday or Thursday night?
    You choose... I'll meet you there...

35. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MH16 For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 18 123411 ... LastLast

Thread Information