Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 03/2016 - Jet Blue at JFK Sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,225 Times in 273 Posts

Mad 03/2016 - Jet Blue at JFK Sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone using Jet Blue at JFK (JET BLUE's HUB) will feel the pain of international travel when returning to the US. My last 2 trips returning to the US, I almost snapped waiting to go through immigration at Jet Blue's terminal 5 at JFK.

The way it used to work was when you left JFK internationally, you left through terminal 5, but when you returned, you went through terminal 4. At terminal 4 all flights coming back to JFK regardless of what airline you used came back through terminal 4. At worst my wait would be 20 minutes. Now you return through terminal 5, Jet Blue has its own immigration and it is ABSOLUTELY FUCKING TERRIBLE.

AN HOUR AND FUCKING 45 FUCKING GODDAMN FUCKING MINUTES TO WAIT ON FUCKING LINE TO PASS THROUGH IMMAFUCKINGRATION. ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME, WITH ABOUT 300 PEOPLE ON LINE THEY HAVE 1 FUCKING GUY CHECKING PEOPLE IN, ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME. AND THE GUY GETS UP AND LEAVES HIS STATION FOR ABOUT 10 MINUTES.

THIS SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME A FEW MONTHS AGO AND IT WAS FUCKING HORRIBLE, BUT THE NEXT DAY ON THE NEWS I SAW THEY BAGGED A LADY WITH HEROIN IN HER MAMAJAUNA BOTTLE, SO I FIGURED THAT MAY HAVE BEEN THE REASON. THIS TIME THE WAIT WAS 10 MINUTES LONGER AND NO DRUG BUST BUT STILL ONE FUCKING GUY CHECKING EVERYONE IN. WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU KIDDING ME.

NOW YOU COME INTO THEIR IMMIGRATION ROOM WHICH IS SO BACKED UP WITH PEOPLE AND NO ONE KNOWS WHAT TO DO. YOU HAVE TO GO UP TO THE SELF SERVICE COMPUTERS AND ENTER YOUR PASSPORT AFTER THAT THE MACHINE SPITS OUT A TICKET. IF YOUR TICKET HAS A RED X ON IT, YOU HAVE TO GO ON ONE LINE AND IF IT HAS NO X ON IT, YOU GO ON ANOTHER LINE. THE SIGN THAT EXPLAINS THIS (RED X'S HERE) IS ON A POST THAT IS WAIST HIGH. WITH 300 PEOPLE ON THE LINE SNAKING BACK AND FORTH AND BACK AND FORTH, YOU CAN'T SEE THE FUCKING SIGN. I'M SHAKING WITH ANGER AS I TYPE THIS.

THE RED X LINE WHICH IS MOST OF THE PEOPLE, HAS ONE GUY CHECKING THE PEOPLE IN. THE LINE WITHOUT THE RED LINE HAS 4 PEOPLE CHECKING YOU IN. THE NO RED X LINE HAD 5 PEOPLE ON IT AND THE RED X LINE HAD 300 FUCKING PEOPLE, HELLLLLLLLFUCKKKKKKIIIINNNNGGGGOOOOOOOO IS IT ME. THE FLIGHT LANDED AT 2:50PM AND I GOT OUT OF THERE 5:15PM AFTER GETTING MY SUITCASE AND THEN WAITING ON ANOTHER FUCKING LINE TO CHECKED OUT BY 2 ASSHOLE CUSTOMS DOUCHE BAGS.....................
    Last edited by howudoen; 03-21-2016 at 06:53 PM.
    "The Brinks Truck Never Follows The Hearse"

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 97,678 Times in 17,146 Posts

Re: 03/2016 - Jet Blue at JFK Sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have only yourself to blame - $100 and Global Entry....get it

Thanks
    Thanked 7,406 Times in 795 Posts

you had bad luck... i have been at that terminal 10 times in the last year and never had an issue. the most I waited was 10 minutes... the machines are speeding the process big time... sorry to hear you did not have the same experience
    follow my Negril trip report at http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?429348-07-2014-I-am-back-in-the-saddle-again-El-Cristo-Negril-trip-report

Sometimes we fuck up...and life is so much better that way...

5. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to QueGuapo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,135 Times in 9,456 Posts

It's all hit or miss based on the time and day you arrive and the number of agents available that day. My last Jet Blue trip was a 10 minute wait. The time before that was a hour.

7. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 45,724 Times in 5,924 Posts

I got a new passport well before the old one was due to expire because I was told by an immigration officer that it would stop me from getting the X every fucking time. LIAR. I still get it.
    "Panties are not the best thing in the world, but they are next to it"

9. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to officemgr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by officemgr View Post
    I got a new passport well before the old one was due to expire because I was told by an immigration officer that it would stop me from getting the X every fucking time. LIAR. I still get it.
    You, myself and many other frequent flyers are flagged and will always get an X no matter what. Expect the X forever. The Kiosk computer doesn't understand mongering. Doesn't fit any profile it knows.

11. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 31,734 Times in 3,148 Posts

I typically get in around midnight and agree with OP it is getting way worse. Not as bad what OP had it but the full biometrics slows everything to a crawl. The self service machines never work, last time half of them were out of order. B4 that you have a 10min walk to immigration.

Time to visit the global entry thread. For my domestic flights im in and out quickly. I started adding a extra hour to my dr trips.
    "If pussy was a stock, it would be plummeting right now, because you flooded the market with it, you are giving it away too easy" -Dave Chappelle

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BigLongBeach For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 12,147 Times in 2,001 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by psriches View Post
    You, myself and many other frequent flyers are flagged and will always get an X no matter what. Expect the X forever. The Kiosk computer doesn't understand mongering. Doesn't fit any profile it knows.
    You should program that Metric into the kiosk psriches

You think that is bad try flying back into Florida with the profiling from the rookie custom agents...I would rather have the 2 hour wait than the rubber glove treatment

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to WSJ3_Sith_Lord For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,261 Times in 7,381 Posts

I'll be on JB in June for my trip down to the DR. The OP described a nightmare scenario, I recall it being quite crowded my last time through, prior to the changes that have been put in place since then, but was through on a Saturday late afternoon time frame in about an hour total, immigration and security.

I have about a 3 hour layover until my connecting flight takes off. This time I have a Sunday return. Hope they have enough staff on duty to get the crowds through. I would imagine being federal employees, there would be plenty of officials on duty to collect the Sunday premium pay.

They are probably getting time and a quarter working Sundays.

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Smooth For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 58,341 Times in 10,416 Posts

1 word...SPIRIT

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jacknback For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 164,725 Times in 30,459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smooth View Post
    . This time I have a Sunday return. Hope they have enough staff on duty to get the crowds through. I would imagine being federal employees, there would be plenty of officials on duty to collect the Sunday premium pay.

They are probably getting time and a quarter working Sundays.
    1+1/4
    they better get a better union
    for all civil servant employees and shift workers in Canada:
    sundays if second day off is double time and if first day off is time and a half.............. but maybe that's why our civil servants are in the highest 1% of income earners
    you only live once, but if you live it right once is enough

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to whynotme For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 22,420 Times in 1,613 Posts

It's really hit or miss, as someone eluded to earlier the day, and time really dictates how fast you'll breeze by. I never carry a checked bag, as I like to try and breeze through the airport as soon as possible, I've made it off the plane and into a cab in as little as 15 minutes, and have taken as long as 2 hours. My last trip I did experience the same situation as you, one guy and a line that was deep as fuck. Funny thing is I never ever ever get the red x when I go to the self service kiosk, last time I got it must have been 2 years ago, and I average 3 - 4 trips a year.

23. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hanzo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,064 Times in 774 Posts

I just got back from the DR flying Jet Blue through JFK to a connecting flight. I had TSA Pre-Check so I didn't have a problem. If I had to go through the regular security process I would not have made the the connecting flight. Not even close.
    SouthCoast

25. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Drjetman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,418 Times in 724 Posts

Global Entry all the way, so worth the $100 fee and maybe 5 minutes of your time for the interview.

I flew GRU (Sao Paulo) to JFK Terminal 8 on American Airlines. Our plane landed at 6:20pm, and with only backpack and carryon bag, I was outside the terminal by 6:40am.

TSA Precheck is equally as great.

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The Transporter For This Useful Post:

Thanks

My last 3 flights I was assigned to TSA Pre-check. I figured they gave it to me because I traveled so much without any issues. But is that how you get it? It really is good. Each time I was through in about 5 minutes. You don't have to take off your shoes or belt or take your computer out. Does anyone know the deal with TSA Pre-Check?

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Drjetman For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Drjetman View Post
    My last 3 flights I was assigned to TSA Pre-check. I figured they gave it to me because I traveled so much without any issues. But is that how you get it? It really is good. Each time I was through in about 5 minutes. You don't have to take off your shoes or belt or take your computer out. Does anyone know the deal with TSA Pre-Check?
    It's based on the Airline, not TSA. I get the fast pre-check only when flying Delta. Short line, don't have to remove my shoes, don't have to remove my lap top. But yet on JetBlue, I'm the monger devil. Bells and whistles, stop that guy!! It's all bullshit!!!!

31. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Thanks

So in this day and age the TSA is allowing an airline to determine if a person is a threat? That's a security breakdown I would say.

33. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Drjetman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 72,249 Times in 11,765 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Drjetman View Post
    So in this day and age the TSA is allowing an airline to determine if a person is a threat? That's a security breakdown I would say.
    Not exactly. You have to be vetted by the TSA to get the Global Entry card, and you need that plus a ticket on a TSA-approved airline to go through the PreCheck lane. Jet Blue is on the TSA list; so are American, Delta, United and Southwest ... Spirit is not.

Global Entry has made my experience easier, I will say that, even though I'm only flying three or four times a year.
    I'm still "Just A Lurker."

The Chinese virus infected the Western world with Chinese-style totalitarian politics. ​- Gladiator

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. – H. L. Mencken

35. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 58,341 Times in 10,416 Posts

I got the wonderful pre-check on 3 trips in a row! Great to get through as fast as you do!

But alas, back in the regular lines last trip. I'm hoping I'll get back to pre-check this one coming. I've got all my pre-checks with United.

37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jacknback For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 164,725 Times in 30,459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jacknback View Post
    I got the wonderful pre-check on 3 trips in a row! Great to get through as fast as you do!

But alas, back in the regular lines last trip. I'm hoping I'll get back to pre-check this one coming. I've got all my pre-checks with United.
    same here this trip was fast with all tsa pre approved and customs/immigration in guam was a lot faster/easier than all other airports getting into the USA

39. The Following User Says Thank You to whynotme For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information