Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 03/2016 - Jet Blue at JFK Sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,561 Times in 1,572 Posts

Re: 03/2016 - Jet Blue at JFK Sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just got back from Sosua on Tuesday March 22nd and everything went smooth. I always us Jetblue from JFK to POP.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rahsta For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,561 Times in 1,572 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by officemgr View Post
    I got a new passport well before the old one was due to expire because I was told by an immigration officer that it would stop me from getting the X every fucking time. LIAR. I still get it.

What happens when you get the X?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rahsta For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 49,149 Times in 7,404 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    Jet Blue is on the TSA list; so are American, Delta, United and Southwest ... Spirit is not.
    tells you what they thinks of Spirit

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SeaWeed For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,064 Times in 774 Posts

At the finish of the Customs process they can either send you on your way or have you put your bags on a conveyor belt to get X rayed. It took about 5 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by rahsta View Post
    SouthCoast

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Drjetman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,129 Times in 9,453 Posts

I'm 27 out of 27 getting the 'X'. My first 'X' was the week they plugged in, October 2013 JFK/JetBlue. And I've been getting the 'X' ever since. First of all, understand that the purpose of the Kiosk was to speed up the line through automation. So those of us with the 'X' just basically go through the old process of spending time with the agent going through all the steps manually to make sure nothing is missed.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,225 Times in 273 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by psriches View Post
    I'm 27 out of 27 getting the 'X'. My first 'X' was the week they plugged in, October 2013 JFK/JetBlue. And I've been getting the 'X' ever since. First of all, understand that the purpose of the Kiosk was to speed up the line through automation. So those of us with the 'X' just basically go through the old process of spending time with the agent going through all the steps manually to make sure nothing is missed.
    Yes you are correct however, the old way everyone waited on line and had about 15 TSA agents helping them, so the lined always moved quickly. Now (at least my 2 trips with the new system) the 20% who had NO red X waited on a line about 4 people deep and had about 4 or 5 TSA agents helping them, the line was gone in minutes. The red X line literally had well over 100 possibly 200 people waiting on it with 1 FUCKING TSA AGENT HELPING THEM, 1 FUCKING GUY. After the line was gone on the no X line, they fucking sat there doing NOTHING but talking amongst themselves. After about an hour or more a few more agents (maybe 5 or so) showed up and the line started moving quickly.

I was shaking with anger at the fucking absolute stupidity of what was happening in front of me. Now mind you, I was with my wife and 5 year old kid both times so not your typical monger or drug mule type. And the best part is, after these fucking idiots do 20 years of sitting around talking while all of us stand in line for hours waiting to be helped, they get a pension paid for by us and healthcare for the rest of there lives.

Fucking maddening..............................................
    "The Brinks Truck Never Follows The Hearse"

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to howudoen For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,120 Times in 111 Posts

I just got back from Sosua on Tuesday March 22nd and everything went smooth. I always us Jetblue from JFK to POP.

Today, Friday, May 13, 2016, Jet Blue POP to JFK. Deplaned, walked into immigration, the place was EMPTY! Kiosks were waiting. Maybe 10 minutes max from kiosk to walking up to a taxi.

Friday 4 o'clock rainy day traffic was at a stand still. Taxi driver took a lot of side streets into Manhattan. JFK to mid-town in about an hour and 10 minutes. Awesome.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tarrantino For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,363 Times in 78,282 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tarrantino View Post

Today, Friday, May 13, 2016, Jet Blue POP to JFK. Deplaned, walked into immigration, the place was EMPTY! Kiosks were waiting. Maybe 10 minutes max from kiosk to walking up to a taxi.

Friday 4 o'clock rainy day traffic was at a stand still. Taxi driver took a lot of side streets into Manhattan. JFK to mid-town in about an hour and 10 minutes. Awesome.
    Sometimes you get lucky.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Big F U to Jet Blue at JFK..
    Still love this Airline overall , especially the new Seats
    … but what happened to me at 2 AM was just Fucked up..

So I am running NICE and Early.. Park the car at JFK 24 hour,
    Nice Leisurely Ride on the free shuttle ..
    I’m checked in ONLINE , got my Boarding Pass.. All is GOOD, Right
    Grab a Passport Scan KIOSK to PRINT my own Luggage Tag,.. Smooth as Glass.. Good to go.. this is how you do it , Efficient and proper ,
    Right ? Flight is at 5 AM, I got time to spare … figure I would be Napping at the Gate , very soon.

WRONG…

Lady says . “ you need to wait in THAT line over there by the Escalator for the Baggage Drop off, which will open “ Soon” Rut Ro ?? flash back to JAMAICA , Circa 1985
    “ It come soon MON”..
    “ OH, another guy reassures me, its not as bad as it looks, cuz it will move FAST” ..

So its is like fucking 2 30 Am now ? , Flight is at 5 Am… still very early NO Worries ..
    So I walk over to this “short line”… there are people literally sleeping on the FLOOR, and it snakes around the Escalator to the back. Had to be at least 100 + people ..
    And the line is growing every minute… NO one is moving, the belts are closed .. its dead as a doornail.
    This continues for like an HOUR, I shit you not, this fucking line does not Budge, and NO ONE will take our CHECKED Luggage wit STI tags clearly attached .
    Finally at like 3:45 ? the line starts moving , the Belts are running.. Great ..

NO , NOT GREAT … The FUCKERS who are just NOW walking in , are now CUTTING THE LINE and NO ONE is doing SHIT about it .
    The Lazy coconut Jet Blue Employees completely LOST CONTROL , it’s a free for all, people cutting lines , and those who waited are getting effed, Raw .
    People who have to CHECK IN are now Ahead of the game having arrived more than an Hour later ..
    Just WTF?
    So I finally get into the Security Check line, which is fine , and running SMOOTHLY..
    Finally some good news, the RED STAMP. Go there , shoes stay on . No body scan.. Done. But still , now Im running TIGHT.
    Now get this .. I BARELY make it to Duty free, and Grab a sandwich to go, and hit the bathroom for 2 mins flat .. RUN to the Gate , and PEOPLE are already completely Boarded in the front Rows ,and they are boarding the Back already..
    3 Fucking Hours early at the Airport and Jet Blue Fucked me and let the LATE people ahead of us.
    Not making that mistake again.. I will Get there 1.5 hours before , PAY for Fucking Curbside. And then walk to Security Check..
    What a Cluster fuck these morons are .

So the moral of the Story... If you are on one of these 5 AM Flights .. do NOT wait in that Line.. dont listen to them.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,129 Times in 9,453 Posts

Sad to say, but Jet Blue has fallen off a bit over the past year. So many bad stories.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information