Thanks
    Thanked 29,784 Times in 2,952 Posts

04/2016 - New bar on Sosua beach

Located on the beach at number 10

Looks like they have spent a tidy sum remodeling

And they are selling............guess go on GUESS

That culinary masterpiece that Sosua has been crying out for

Pizza..............bwahahahhahahahahahha

And they are open until 3am in the morning on the beach...........bwahhahahahahhaha

Boy, these guys must have done extensive research

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,474 Times in 2,511 Posts

Re: New bar on Sosua beach

Lmao 3 am jjjjjj

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to minkyboodle For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,365 Times in 1,005 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillie View Post

Click to see pic

Click to see pic

And they are open until 3am in the morning on the beach...........bwahhahahahahhaha

Until 3am on the beach huh? so do they expect pple to walk in the dark after After 1 to grab a pizza? i would luv to see that business plan..lol
    "Square players get played, pimps get paid, macks persuade"

"Trust me…never buy a depreciating asset. If it drives, flies, floats or f*cks - lease it!"

6. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Chief Papi Lindo For This Useful Post:

ezsmile is offline Ten Year Member & Paid subscriber of I.S.O.C. & member of the Stash.
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,355 Times in 2,669 Posts

Yes! I look forward to some late night drunken stumbling around in the dark looking for pizza!

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ezsmile For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 114,003 Times in 10,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillie View Post

Click to see pic

Click to see pic

we should probably be grateful. not like there are a lot of options on Playa Sosua for food.

Vida es buena....

10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Irie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 72,262 Times in 11,768 Posts

Re: 04/2016 - New bar on Sosua beach

I would bet that "open till 3 AM" is going to change in a hurry.
    I'm still "Just A Lurker."

The Chinese virus infected the Western world with Chinese-style totalitarian politics. ​- Gladiator

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. – H. L. Mencken

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 20,452 Times in 1,785 Posts

Could be the start of something big while you bullshitting!!!! Caberete Beach bars and restaurants are open till 3AM are they not? Close enough to After 1 and the Victorian House Hotel for a stroll but you better be sober.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Shogun Warrior For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shogun Warrior View Post
    Could be the start of something big while you bullshitting!!!! Caberete Beach bars and restaurants are open till 3AM are they not? Close enough to After 1 and the Victorian House Hotel for a stroll but you better be sober.
    But that beach strip is right in the middle of town. many hotels are on that beach.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 20,452 Times in 1,785 Posts

I was just about to delete that post with the excuse of "I WAS SOOO FULL O SHIT!!" Ain't nobody walking past that other pizza joint on the corner that is 24HRS to be on the beach at 3AM.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Shogun Warrior For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 93,517 Times in 10,205 Posts

Pizza at 3:00 AM with a 2500 Peso TLN chica can be a very romantic thing,,,,,, if you set it up the right way,,,,,,,,

And of course for Playa Sosua you would need a bottle of the finest Vino Tinto,,,,,,,,

Last edited by XXX; 04-07-2016 at 10:29 PM.
    " Expect The Best, Be Prepared For The Worst, Fuck What Others Think, And Do Your Own Thing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

20. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to XXX For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by XXX View Post
    Pizza at 3:00 AM with a 2500 Peso TLN chica can be very romantic thing,,,,,, if you set it up the right way,,,,,,,,

And of course for Playa Sosua you would need a bottle of the finest Vino Tinto,,,,,,,,

Click to see pic

Click to see pic

Click to see pic
    Vino Tinto "La Fuerza" ... another reason we need a "ROFL" button next to the "Thanks" button.

Oh, do you know the biggest difference between a Boy Scout knife and a Swiss Army knife?
    The Boy Scout knife doesn't have a corkscrew.

Why doesn't the Boy Scout knife have a corkscrew?
    Because the cheap wine Boy Scouts drink comes in screw-top bottles.

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 20,128 Times in 3,034 Posts

I like screw top red wine bottles. When travelling within the US, it comes in handy when there is no wine bottle opener around. Plus the locals at the liquor store all give u respect when u pick one of those up.

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to CentralNJDude For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,363 Times in 867 Posts

I saw this place the other day and thought to myself, it looks pretty nice. I did think the pizza idea was weird since there is already so much pizza in town and better food on the beach. As stated, the place looks very nice ... in fact, much better than most of the beach shacks. It would be nice to see other places step up their game as well.

On another note, the beach seems much more crowded with vendors and people selling shit these days. Perhaps, it will slow down during the summer but it seems like there is less room in the shade to just chillout. I remember when there were far fewer beach chairs. I would prefer to see the beach go in the direction of space for activities like beach volleyball and other activities. How many shacks can you have selling the same shit? Pizza is different, lol.

26. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to el_papi_chew_low For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I will admit, I feel a pang of regret when the fish I photographed on the reef yesterday shows up on today's lunch plate ...

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

my boy owns the pizza joint on the corner and he said his revenues increased when he started to deliver...maybe thats how they think the will make $ in the late night....pple must have money to burn. is it foreign owned? You may choose an icon for your message from this list

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chief Papi Lindo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

i can imagine dominicans waiting in the darkness ready to snatch a pizza away from a drunk gringo and then disappearing back into the darkness with food for the next couple of days..

on the flip side..i wish Sosua had a night beach life...ST would be nice...just go behind one of the shacks and get your groove on for 10 minutes then jump right back into the party...

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chief Papi Lindo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 113,285 Times in 14,580 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Papi Lindo View Post
    i can imagine dominicans waiting in the darkness ready to snatch a pizza away from a drunk gringo and then disappearing back into the darkness with food for the next couple of days..

on the flip side..i wish Sosua had a night beach life...ST would be nice...just go behind one of the shacks and get your groove on for 10 minutes then jump right back into the party...
    I have thought the same thing.
    A place to hang out with music, drink, dancing and a beach party atmosphere from that 5pm-9pm hour before things get cranking elsewhere would be a blast.

I mentioned the idea to one of my Dominican friends who has a place on the beach and also has the location to make it work but the motivation to try such a thing just does not seem to be there.

And at that time it wouldn't even interfere with the quiet enjoyment of the beach and there is no one living in that area either.

And they would have pizza and also Big D BBQ in the area to provide easy access to food

But I don't see them giving it a try.

I have seen and been to these beach party type places in Koh Samui, Belize and Negril and they are alot of fun and are a much bigger production than what they likely could accomplish in Sosua but even on a slow day they get alot of people there and the energy is something to behold.

Maybe you need to get them thinking of the Dominican car washes or block parties but those are geared more towards the locals.
    I am the pussy licker ​Let's have some fun. Not invisible. Snitches are pathetic little people!
    Disclaimer. This post may not be in response to a post by Greybaby. So Greybaby doesn't need to cry about it. Rover has you pegged to a T

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by j_d66 View Post
    I have thought the same thing.
    A place to hang out with music, drink, dancing and a beach party atmosphere from that 5pm-9pm hour before things get cranking elsewhere would be a blast.

I mentioned the idea to one of my Dominican friends who has a place on the beach and also has the location to make it work but the motivation to try such a thing just does not seem to be there.

And at that time it wouldn't even interfere with the quiet enjoyment of the beach and there is no one living in that area either.

And they would have pizza and also Big D BBQ in the area to provide easy access to food

But I don't see them giving it a try.

I have seen and been to these beach party type places in Koh Samui, Belize and Negril and they are alot of fun and are a much bigger production than what they likely could accomplish in Sosua but even on a slow day they get alot of people there and the energy is something to behold.

Maybe you need to get them thinking of the Dominican car washes or block parties but those are geared more towards the locals.

i been to plenty of beach parties in Jamaica...beach, jerk chicken, and sound systems with big speakers everywhere....i dont understand why Sosua doesnt do that...there must be an ordinance or something

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chief Papi Lindo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 113,285 Times in 14,580 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Papi Lindo View Post
    i been to plenty of beach parties in Jamaica...beach, jerk chicken, and sound systems with big speakers everywhere....i dont understand why Sosua doesnt do that...there must be an ordinance or something
    They probably do have something against it but they do have the street parties where they blast their music but those may technically not be allowed either.

I was to one of those street parties in Charamicos last year and even though I was the only gringo in attendance, I had a good time.

They kinda do the same thing at the car washes as well

But I suspect someone in the mayors office would get all upset unless they paid the proper "license fee"

The one at Bourbon Beach in Negril is a pretty good time.

As was the one I went to at the Ark Bar in Koh Samui

San Pedro Belize this one was smaller and this party didn't last very long

Sosua probably could never get away with anything that over the top though

38. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thread Information