Thread: 06/2016- Punta Cana:Canadian vacationers face "legal nightmare" during Dominican trip

Thanks
    Thanked 72,237 Times in 11,762 Posts

06/2016- Punta Cana:Canadian vacationers face "legal nightmare" during Dominican trip

From the Toronto City News --

Brampton vacationers recall legal nightmare during Dominican trip

It was a vacation from hell.

Angela Bauer and her boyfriend Collin Scott walked through the arrivals gate inside Pearson Airport, realizing their all-inclusive vacation in the Dominican Republic almost cost them their freedom.
    “Literally, we’re in another country and no one is helping us right now,” Angela recalled.

The Brampton couple was staying at a resort in Punta Cana, when they were left to fend off charges after wrongfully accusing someone of harassment.

On Sunday, the pair, along with their friend Andrew, confronted a man they believed had sexually harassed two other girls who were staying at the same resort. They eventually realized it was the wrong person, and apologized. But to the man, who they say was in the local military, an apology wouldn’t suffice.

“He didn’t care, he called the police,” Angela said. “Apparently you can charge somebody over there for wrongfully accusing someone....”
    Wow. Pity the fools ...

Even more so, as they're from Toronto -- known elsewhere as the epicenter of femi-fascism in North America ... I can just guess what kind of accusations, in what kind of language, at what volume, they flung at this Dominican gentleman. (I'm only being very slightly ironic, using the term "gentleman." If he's high enough in the hierarchy to throw them in the local juzgado, he's certainly an officer, probably a field-grade officer at that.) They certainly showed no awareness at all of Dominican culture, or of the fact that any "privilege" they have back in Canuckistan, they left it in the terminal at YYZ.

Another "poster child" for Actions-Have-Consequences Week. Sorry, Whynotme, this time the "Ugly Americans" are ugly-minded Canadians.
    I'm still "Just A Lurker."

The Chinese virus infected the Western world with Chinese-style totalitarian politics. ​- Gladiator

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. – H. L. Mencken

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,363 Times in 78,282 Posts

Re: 06/2016- Punta Cana:Canadian vacationers face "legal nightmare" during Dominican

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post

Wow. Pity the fools ...

Even more so, as they're from Toronto -- known elsewhere as the epicenter of femi-fascism in North America ... I can just guess what kind of accusations, in what kind of language, at what volume, they flung at this Dominican gentleman. (I'm only being very slightly ironic, using the term "gentleman." If he's high enough in the hierarchy to throw them in the local juzgado, he's certainly an officer, probably a field-grade officer at that.) They certainly showed no awareness at all of Dominican culture, or of the fact that any "privilege" they have back in Canuckistan, they left it in the terminal at YYZ.

Another "poster child" for Actions-Have-Consequences Week. Sorry, Whynotme, this time the "Ugly Americans" are ugly-minded Canadians.
    False arrest is a big thing. Let them pay.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,064 Times in 774 Posts

Re: 06/2016- Punta Cana:Canadian vacationers face "legal nightmare" during Dominican

They should do that to American women who make false allegations against their husbands to gain advantage in divorce proceedings. When its proven that they lied lock them up. There will be a lot less false allegations that could ruin a man's reputation, take away his freedom and his money.
    SouthCoast

7. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Drjetman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 72,237 Times in 11,762 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Drjetman View Post
    They should do that to American women who make false allegations against their husbands to gain advantage in divorce proceedings. When its proven that they lied lock them up. There will be a lot less false allegations that could ruin a man's reputation, take away his freedom and his money.
    Definitely! Imagine if the penalty for a false accusal matched the penalty for the crime itself. And not just for domestic violence, but for rape ....

Naahhh, never happen.

9. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,340 Times in 1,266 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post

Wow. Pity the fools ...

Even more so, as they're from Toronto -- known elsewhere as the epicenter of femi-fascism in North America ... I can just guess what kind of accusations, in what kind of language, at what volume, they flung at this Dominican gentleman. (I'm only being very slightly ironic, using the term "gentleman." If he's high enough in the hierarchy to throw them in the local juzgado, he's certainly an officer, probably a field-grade officer at that.) They certainly showed no awareness at all of Dominican culture, or of the fact that any "privilege" they have back in Canuckistan, they left it in the terminal at YYZ. Another "poster child" for Actions-Have-Consequences Week. Sorry, Whynotme, this time the "Ugly Americans" are ugly-minded Canadians.
    I often wonder how anyone staying in an A I for their first visit to DR could understand 1% of the local culture. It's pineapple drinks with a straw, 40 ft resort walls, and how much can you eat free from the buffet. By the way, the military guy is a general, and from the money paid to the fiscal without this couple being charged, his weekend stay was more than paid for
    “I don’t know the question, but sex is definitely the answer.”

11. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to steviewonder For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,363 Times in 867 Posts

Toronto has a lot of fine coolie west indian babes. The reporter in the vid reminded me of that.

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to el_papi_chew_low For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder View Post
    I often wonder how anyone staying in an A I for their first visit to DR could understand 1% of the local culture. It's pineapple drinks with a straw, 40 ft resort walls, and how much can you eat free from the buffet. By the way, the military guy is a general, and from the money paid to the fiscal without this couple being charged, his weekend stay was more than paid for
    If they get 1% that would be alot.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Some people at work came home from a trip to PC and said when they left the grounds, it was aweful and ugly.

I replied, o, you actually saw the country for a minute.

They are clueless.

17. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thread Information