Thread: 08/2016- The Value of I.S.O.C.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

Re: 08/2016: Caribe Kid - Opportunities

The value of this Particular style of information forum is more valuable now than ever in my opinion, especially for those with unlimited travel radius.

There was a time a few years back when a bunch of guys whose travels were strictly limited to So-Sewer putting up pictures of the same tired Ho's over and over and every time they changed the menu at Rocky's or put up a new street sign there were hundreds of comments with no useful information in sight. My participation fell off a bit during that period and thankfully, many Moons later when I logged in again there were smoldering ashes from the many flame wars and snitching competitions which made room for new growth.

Along came a few new members bringing info about places other than So-Sewer and with Jimmy's newfound obsession with Medellin the board became interesting again and as members expanded their reach into unfamiliar territory the board became less and less about the little fish bowl which is the D.R. and more and more about travel information relating to not only the hobby but points of interest in general and the number of countries included in report after report grew and over the past couple of years the value of these reports have grown exponentially as members have joined up for these invasions which have resulted in the simultaneous reporting of timelines in the same location from multiple perspectives and that is what you really won't find anywhere else.

Invasion reporting isn't really found anywhere else that I've looked. Invasion reporting has resulted in my knocking down the cobwebs from old haunts like Boca Chica and Negril and seeing those destinations from a more complete viewpoint with so much new information that I couldn't help but have a good time. Invasion reporting got me to pull the trigger on a trip 7,000 miles away that I'd been planning for years but it wasn't until I was armed with enough intel from ISOC boots on the ground that I felt totally at ease with diving into the deep end of the pool and Man, was I ever glad I did because after years of going to the petting Zoo, I am now on Safari.

We've got enough members on here who know one another and have traveled together that if the internet went down because all the satellites fell out of the sky we'd still be in contact and we'd still be travelling and discovering new lands and new limits together because at this point it's just what we do.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    - Benjamin Franklin

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,363 Times in 78,282 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by greydread View Post
    We've got enough members on here who know one another and have traveled together that if the internet went down because all the satellites fell out of the sky we'd still be in contact and we'd still be travelling and discovering new lands and new limits together because at this point it's just what we do.
    Some of us know each other 15 or more years, from these forums.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,506 Times in 2,076 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by greydread View Post
    The value of this Particular style of information forum is more valuable now than ever in my opinion, especially for those with unlimited travel radius.
    Joining is very easy
    I can take Google Wallet and Send Invoices thru Square.

3 days is $8.00

1 Month is $12.00

3 Months is $25.00

6 Months is $40

1 yr is $60

2 yr is $90

3 yr is $115

5 yr is $250

the 1 year and more include admission into Jimmy's stash area

E mail me at Jdrent97@gmail.com

I will need

Website Handle

and which subscription you are interested in

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Malo For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,213 Times in 1,597 Posts

Re: 08/2016- The Value of I.S.O.C.

Any chance that Google, Microsoft or Apple makes Jimmy an offer that he can't refuse. In my opinion this site is worth more than Twitter and Linkedin combined.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/48569184

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Happyhorn For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happyhorn View Post
    Any chance that Google, Microsoft or Apple makes Jimmy an offer that he can't refuse. In my opinion this site is worth more than Twitter and Linkedin combined.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/48569184
    Not for sale!!!

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,129 Times in 9,453 Posts

Reporting on Philippines and Thailand also added more mileage to the site.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 27,482 Times in 5,636 Posts

ISOC is quite the board. When I joined 11 years ago, I was coming off a forum, CRT, that was pretty active back then... but just about Costa Rica. ISOC was focused on the DR... a destination I had been interested in visiting again since my last port call to Santo, Domingo in 1972. In 2006, I returned to the DR. Probably one of the best mongering trips of my life, but oddly enough, I never returned. I posted my first purely ISOC trip report after that trip, and loved the back and forth with this group regarding my adventures in Costambar. I set my sights on other destinations including Europe and South America. I was fine, until I got to Colombia.

I have evolved since first joining in 2005. I am now retired, happily married to a paisa and living in Colombia since 2011. And ISOC has evolved for me as well. Initially, ISOC was just a clearing house for information. As time moved on, I met my first ISOC member, Jimmy... who later on introduced me to our dearly departed brother, "the Plumber." Jimmy and I went on a road trip with our dates to Santa Fe de Antioquia, and the rest was history. Since that time, the "ISOC effect" has snowballed, and I've met around 40 members of the board over the years. Some of whom have become good friends and have become part of the "BlueDevil Family." I think by now, my paisa wife and niece have figured out why my ISOC friends visit Colombia so often. Our door is always open to our friends.

My reporting has evolved as well. My posts are no longer the steamy blow-by-blow encounters with prepagos around the world. Rather, I try to share my knowledge and experience to help others with the logistics of a trip.

Jimmy is still the cog that keeps this board alive, but I would be remiss in saying that he has plenty of help from other key members of this board. Whether it is enjoying a comida tipica in Medellin, a steak in Toronto or pasta in NYC, it is always a pleasure to be amongst my ISOC buddies.
    Blue Devil

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevil View Post
    As time moved on, I met my first ISOC member, Jimmy... who later on introduced me to our dearly departed brother, "the Plumber." Jimmy and I went on a road trip with our dates to Santa Fe de Antioquia, and the rest was history. Since that time, the "ISOC effect" has snowballed, and I've met around 40 members of the board over the years. Some of whom have become good friends and have become part of the "BlueDevil Family." I think by now, my paisa wife and niece have figured out why my ISOC friends visit Colombia so often. Our door is always open to our friends.
    The first of many trips and dinners.

15. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 58,341 Times in 10,416 Posts

I'll never forget you opening your door to me BD....

17. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to jacknback For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jacknback View Post
    I'll never forget you opening your door to me BD....
    Mistakes happen

19. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 164,725 Times in 30,459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    Mistakes happen
    you only live once, but if you live it right once is enough

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to whynotme For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

This board is much, much more than a place where a bunch of guys log in and brag about their sexual "conquests". I get that all the time from ISOC haters. This board is a fraternity of Men who wish to live life to the fullest.

I am a Man who appreciates the company of beautiful, young Women, the more intimate the better. Not just physically/ sexually but intellectually and spiritually as well.

I am a Man who enjoys travelling to distant lands to immerse myself in the local culture, language and lifestyle.

I am a Man who enjoys food. Not a lot of it, just a wide variety of it. Food that is not just nourishing and pleasing to taste but is also pleasing to my visual and olfactory senses.

I am a Man who enjoys staying active. Walking, swimming, climbing, whatever keeps the juices flowing. Sexual activity is great exercise if conducted properly. Good for the circulation.

I am a Man who feels that social values which are based upon the sexual hangups of others concerning the proper conduct between the consenting adult male and the consenting adult female do not and should not affect my life in any way.

I am a Man who believes that happiness is more enjoyable when shared and that misery is avoidable.

This is my idea of normal. I suspect the caster of abnormality and avoid them and the misery which rules their lives.

23. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,115 Times in 1,244 Posts

⬆️ AMEN Grey..I'm right with you!!⬆️

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to runmemphis For This Useful Post:

Thread Information