Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 08/2016 - How to Get a Voucher for Missed Connection

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 58,341 Times in 10,416 Posts

Re: 08/201 6 - How to Get a Voucher for Missed Connection

The last time I questioned the amount of time allotted to make a connection with United their answer was they always allow plenty of time to make a connection.
    When I questioned what would happen if I didn't make the connection and missed my flight they answered that the situation would dictate the cause and there was no answer for something that hadn't happened yet. Again I was assured that United allows sufficient time to make a connection.

And oh by the way, as the members here who fly a lot of United flights will attest to... the average pay out for a complaint to customer service is 10,000 miles or a $200 voucher.
    I try to complain about something every trip. I have 2 $200n vouchers sitting on my computer desk as we speak and I'll try to find something wrong with my flight home. A cold meal should get me $200

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to jacknback For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 164,725 Times in 30,459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jacknback View Post
    The last time I questioned the amount of time allotted to make a connection with United their answer was they always allow plenty of time to make a connection.
    When I questioned what would happen if I didn't make the connection and missed my flight they answered that the situation would dictate the cause and there was no answer for something that hadn't happened yet. Again I was assured that United allows sufficient time to make a connection.

And oh by the way, as the members here who fly a lot of United flights will attest to... the average pay out for a complaint to customer service is 10,000 miles or a $200 voucher.
    I try to complain about something every trip. I have 2 $200n vouchers sitting on my computer desk as we speak and I'll try to find something wrong with my flight home. A cold meal should get me $200
    10,000 miles or $200 is shit these days

I have never got less than 15,000 and $250................ but I use my used car charm and tactful writing skills
    you only live once, but if you live it right once is enough

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to whynotme For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,464 Times in 1,775 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by whynotme View Post
    10,000 miles or $200 is shit these days

I have never got less than 15,000 and $250................ but I use my used car charm and tactful writing skills
    In 2015 I received a total of 100K miles in compensation for all United fuckups during my trips. Granted, there were some serious fuckups and caused a fair amount of inconvenience but it's been my experience that if United fucks up they will pay, especially if you're 1K.

Some of them were to me fairly minor issues but they compensated generously. On a Tokyo to Chicago flight the IFE system was down for the whole flight. Didn't matter to me as I rarely watch movies, etc on flights but I guess to some this would be a big deal on an 11 hour flight.

We were encouraged to call United customer care and they offered me 20k for the inconvenience which I graciously accepted. Also, I find it depends on the agent you get...some are more generous than others.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Allie1 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 49,149 Times in 7,404 Posts

Re: 08/2016 - How to Get a Voucher for Missed Connection

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    In April there was a massive clusterfuck in Florida and spirit held all flights for 30 minutes or half the people would have missed their flights.
    chit a lot of Spirit flights never leave on time anyways......half an hour is great for dem......usually dem an hour late at least on my flights....ha ha

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SeaWeed For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 58,341 Times in 10,416 Posts

I forgot to mention that all of my complaints have been by e=mail
    . I've yet to talk directly with a customer service rep so my standard reply from UA has been as stated above.

Oh yeh.....and I am no where near 1k or any other k!!! You can find me in the back of the bus with the rest of the poor people

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jacknback For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 20,125 Times in 3,033 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jacknback View Post
    I forgot to mention that all of my complaints have been by e=mail
    . I've yet to talk directly with a customer service rep so my standard reply from UA has been as stated above.

Oh yeh.....and I am no where near 1k or any other k!!! You can find me in the back of the bus with the rest of the poor people
    Last time when I had an issue with the entertainment system on the way to Narita; I had to fill up a customer service form on their website.. Did call the 1K desk but they said issues need to be handled thru 1K. Folks on the mileage plus program outside the US have different rules.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CentralNJDude For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information