Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 09/2016 - janslov

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,106 Times in 4,436 Posts

Cool Re: 09/2016 - janslov

Not sure why you feel the need to involve yourself but welcome....

I don't know what you've done, or not done. My posts were not directed at you and I don't recall much of interest from your threads although I did find amusement in your initial visit to Cartegeña...where you ended up after "going down with the ship!"

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    I guess I qualify under those circumstances, as a referral from the member most-recently identified as Seville.

Hopefully, I've "given back" in a fashion that Your Haughtiness finds appropriate.
    You may find me haughty for whatever undisclosed reason if you please. I'll reserve comment on you until we've met, if ever. I'm not interested in judging
    When you can think of yesterday without regret and tomorrow without fear, you are near contentment.
    Your opinions are not my problem...

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,363 Times in 78,282 Posts

Re: 09/2016 - janslov

Quote Originally Posted by Siochana View Post
    Not sure why you feel the need to involve yourself but welcome....

I don't know what you've done, or not done. My posts were not directed at you and I don't recall much of interest from your threads although I did find amusement in your initial visit to Cartegeña...where you ended up after "going down with the ship!"

They are directed to me.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

And I'm still right LOL

I don't care anymore, I'm just making observations and blowing off a little steam. I'm certainly not interested in doing much more than this to try and change anything. I know from past experience it's pointless, and I've given you many ideas and suggestions over the years....some of which you've finally gotten around to using... although no doubt thinking they're your own ideas.

I haven't bothered in many years to try and change anything here. It's not my place anymore.

As you were....
    I will be in the ground and you will be standing over me telling me to be nicer. There is nothing to change.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Who gives a fuck about other sites?

This site was supposed to be better...and once upon a time it was. Now??? Not for me to say
    And then better sites came along. I had my day in the sun.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 72,237 Times in 11,762 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    And then better sites came along. I had my day in the sun.
    Tell me more about these "better" sites. Better according to whom?
    I'm still "Just A Lurker."

The Chinese virus infected the Western world with Chinese-style totalitarian politics. ​- Gladiator

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. – H. L. Mencken

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 72,237 Times in 11,762 Posts

A forum is only as good as its members, and their posts. Management matters, of course, but without good posts, and members who create those good posts, you'd have nothing to manage ... oh, maybe a blog.

Now, according to "What's Going On" at the bottom of the forum menu, this place has a good number of members, and PLENTY of content -- over 400,000 threads and nearly 1.4 million posts.

I can think of one improvement -- un-sticky'ing the old "sticky" threads that have lost relevance and haven't been updated in years (there, Jimmy, I said it, and you can do what you want with it, including doing nothing.)

This is one of a very few forums that I visit every day, and that should be ample evidence that I enjoy it and I approve of it. But ... it's Jimmy's place, his to run as he sees fit. And I think that all those posts, all those threads, and all our active members putting up posts around-the-clock, are ample evidence that on the whole he's doing things right.
    Imágenes adjuntas Imágenes adjuntas

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Rolleyes Re: 09/2016 - janslov

I'm sure Jimmy is thrilled that he has your approval , I know I am

This forum has tons of inactive, essentially never active "members" who took the initiative to create an account and then choose not to get involved. I might make one wonder why they choose not to participate or even bother to come.

Unfortunately there is but a small core of regular posters, "active members", each and every one of us biased and often associating only within our cliques. Many of the members with access to "higher levels" are never (rarely if you prefer) heard from in the levels that most of us have access to. Namely the "open" and paid access areas thus greatly limiting post and reports that most can read.

Add that to the almost exclusively negative "welcome" new posters and members receive it's no wonder that the board is nowhere near what it once was nor what it could be.

As someone who keeps strange hours I can assure you that there is not much happening here around-the-clock but there are "peak hours" where most of the action happens.

As you said "A forum is only as good as its members". I say that purposely driving away the vast majority of potential members who are brave enough to post here is stupid and counter productive.

Although it's obviously "good enough" there's always room for improvement if one cared enough and if anyone was interested in putting in the effort. I pass to you my dusty baton. Dazzle us with your leadership!
    A forum is only as good as its members, and their posts. Management matters, of course, but without good posts, and members who create those good posts, you'd have nothing to manage ... oh, maybe a blog.

Now, according to "What's Going On" at the bottom of the forum menu, this place has a good number of members, and PLENTY of content -- over 400,000 threads and nearly 1.4 million posts.

Click to see pic

I can think of one improvement -- un-sticky'ing the old "sticky" threads that have lost relevance and haven't been updated in years (there, Jimmy, I said it, and you can do what you want with it, including doing nothing.)

This is one of a very few forums that I visit every day, and that should be ample evidence that I enjoy it and I approve of it. But ... it's Jimmy's place, his to run as he sees fit. And I think that all those posts, all those threads, and all our active members putting up posts around-the-clock, are ample evidence that on the whole he's doing things right.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 113,284 Times in 14,580 Posts

This forum has tons of inactive, essentially never active "members" who took the initiative to create an account and then choose not to get involved. I might make one wonder why they choose not to participate or even bother to come.

Unfortunately there is but a small core of regular posters, "active members", each and every one of us biased and often associating only within our cliques. Many of the members with access to "higher levels" are never (rarely if you prefer) heard from in the levels that most of us have access to. Namely the "open" and paid access areas thus greatly limiting post and reports that most can read.

Add that to the almost exclusively negative "welcome" new posters and members receive it's no wonder that the board is nowhere near what it once was nor what it could be.

As someone who keeps strange hours I can assure you that there is not much happening here around-the-clock but there are "peak hours" where most of the action happens.

As you said "A forum is only as good as its members". I say that purposely driving away the vast majority of potential members who are brave enough to post here is stupid and counter productive.

Although it's obviously "good enough" there's always room for improvement if one cared enough and if anyone was interested in putting in the effort. I pass to you my dusty baton. Dazzle us with your leadership!

Well lets take a look at our new member Janslov

He created an account on 9-25-16
    Made his first post at 4:11am
    Made his second post 4:29am
    Was last active 9-25 4:38am and has yet to return

Those posts were basically looking for info but didn't really say where he was going other than "over there"

I would surmise the mods could provide more info about what he was checking out while he was there but they likely have better things to do.

So he clearly didn't spend to much time here trying to glean much if any information.

No doubt you need to develop some thick skin in order to last here. All of us myself included were subject to short often tough replies when we were new and learning what was going on here.

But those that remain and contribute learn the rules of the game and either coexist or leave.

I find other board members here to be somewhat welcoming and willing to provide information once you have made an effort to figure some of this stuff out on their own as pretty much everything you need to know is here already.

But the reality is that in order to survive and thrive in this "monger game" you better develop somewhat of a thick skin and learn some things or places like the DR are going to eat them alive.

Yes participation seems to be down but that has already been discussed.
    I am the pussy licker ​Let's have some fun. Not invisible. Snitches are pathetic little people!
    Disclaimer. This post may not be in response to a post by Greybaby. So Greybaby doesn't need to cry about it. Rover has you pegged to a T

16. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,618 Times in 893 Posts

No more insulting new members

Jan's law
    lmfao

I've joined a few othermonger boards here and there throughout the years and didn't really care for them
    I like this group
    i'll tell you this thread had me cracking the fuck up yesterday and today
    I suffer from allergies I was on my way to the gym this morning and I had a panic attack I guess
    I called 911 I was sent to the ER
    After about an hour or so I felt a lot better
    Anyway I started reading this post again I start busting out the nurse looked at me like I was crazy
    jjjjj

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to rafa72 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by j_d66 View Post
    Well lets take a look at our new member Janslov

He created an account on 9-25-16
    Made his first post at 4:11am
    Made his second post 4:29am
    Was last active 9-25 4:38am and has yet to return

Those posts were basically looking for info but didn't really say where he was going other than "over there"

I would surmise the mods could provide more info about what he was checking out while he was there but they likely have better things to do.

So he clearly didn't spend to much time here trying to glean much if any information.

No doubt you need to develop some thick skin in order to last here. All of us myself included were subject to short often tough replies when we were new and learning what was going on here.

But those that remain and contribute learn the rules of the game and either coexist or leave.

I find other board members here to be somewhat welcoming and willing to provide information once you have made an effort to figure some of this stuff out on their own as pretty much everything you need to know is here already.

But the reality is that in order to survive and thrive in this "monger game" you better develop somewhat of a thick skin and learn some things or places like the DR are going to eat them alive.

Yes participation seems to be down but that has already been discussed.
    Well said

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Click to see pic

I unsticky as i go, a few here and a few there.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Find me a board with 20,000 members and all 20,000 posting. Its not out there.

In all these years you could have set up the perfect board because you know what would make it perfect? Can I have the web location?

thanks

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

The action has shifted to facebook, where any one can set up a group for free.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Tell me more about these "better" sites. Better according to whom?
    You would have to ask apos.

The last 7 or 8 Invasions I attended had a great group of guys show up. I am happy with the way this board is running.

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Click to see pic

Jamaica had a nice group attend the Invasion.

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    Jamaica had a nice group attend the Invasion.
    One would need to travel beyond So-Sewer to know this.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    - Benjamin Franklin

32. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by greydread View Post
    One would need to travel beyond So-Sewer to know this.
    July will be BETTER!

34. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Pictures Re: 09/2016 - janslov

Some of you guys sound like Trump lol . Evading questions, being accusatory, trying to turn things around laying blame on others. If you worked for me you'd be looking for a new job

Keep the board how it is, shut it down, don't accept new members, all of the above, none of the above. It matters not.

As long as it's up and running I'll be around and when it's not....there'll be other places. Just ask Jimmy!

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Some of you guys sound like Trump lol . Evading questions, being accusatory, trying to turn things around laying blame on others. If you worked for me you'd be looking for a new job

Keep the board how it is, shut it down, don't accept new members, all of the above, none of the above. It matters not.

As long as it's up and running I'll be around and when it's not....there'll be other places. Just ask Jimmy!
    Then there will be 20 or 30 of us here for many years to come.

I am not shutting down until another hits 100,000 posts with me.

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

Are you guys serious with this?

Some cat gets on here for a whole two posts stating the equivalent of:

"Hello everyone, my name is Akeem. I am coming to America to find my Queen. Can anyone tell me where to look?"

This immediately results in a debate over how deeply we should bow to this sock-turd? The Guy is gone, he was OBVIOUSLY not serious which renders the entire discussion moot.

Now let's talk about how this site was sooo much better back when we had members pretending to be kidnapped and 3Some and his "inner circle" giving us blow by blow account updates on all the drama which ensued.

THAT shit was FUNNY!

40. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information