Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 10/2016 - Do Expat Mongers Settle Down ... or just slow down?

Thanks
    Thanked 72,237 Times in 11,762 Posts

10/2016 - Do Expat Mongers Settle Down ... or just slow down?

Quote Originally Posted by yayow View Post
    To me there is a cautionary tale, this is a mongers forum not an ex-pat forum, so we tend to talk about mongering things. What Camaro does, what I do, those things are not the norm. Actually for most ex-pats our particular lifestyles, are anything but the norm....
    Thank you for bringing this up. I've been musing along these lines since my first mongering trips down-range. I'd already been considering moving offshore, since my first visit to Uruguay (years before I got introduced to the P4P life); meeting up with Seville on my first visit to Sosua, and reading his accounts here, sharpened my interest in moving to "Punani Paradise" ... some day. But how much would the easy, economical availability of sweet young girl-flesh really impact my life?

Most of the ex-pats if not all except for Camaro live their lives very normal as far as women go, most have a wife or significant other, that they spend the majority of their time with, especially sexually. Having said that, they may have an amante on the side, or go to a casa de citas (or a whore house) on occasion. But doing what we do; is totally out of the ordinary, and that should be understood.
    I think most people, most places, live that norm, one way or another. It's the way we evolved, or the way God planned it if you believe that way. But there have always been outliers, at the fringes of the herd, ranging from celibate hermits, through disaffected lone-wolves, to cheerful libertines playing the Playboy game. Is it fair to say that we on this board, and especially those of us in your situation, are more comfortable living on our own, changing partners at a whim, than we are living pair-bound with a woman who's living on our provender and whose children we might have sired?

I shouldn't speak for Cam, but based on his almost daily journal, it is fair to discuss it on this board cause he puts it out there. We are two of the few if not only ex-pats that I know and I know quite a few, that have a lifestyle similar to what a monger would have while vacationing in a monger location. It is just not normal, even for the guys that I know who live here half the year. They all have girlfriends while living here, which keep their costs down, and a few may have something on the side, most don't even do that, as they are satisfied and happy with the young thing they have here, which they know they couldn't be with anything like her, back where they come from.
    I've lived alone since August 2002, when my Mom "went West." I stopped chasing after girlfriends in 1986, and got introduced to mongering in Paraguay in 2004. I only partook when I was OCONUS on vacation (except that first time), and even now, mongering isn't the sole purpose of my travels ... well, except for my trips to Medellin, and last month's whirlwind tour of some of Germany's FKK sauna-clubs. But certainly it's part of my vacationing life-style, and it will be a factor when (if) I choose my One Particular Harbor -- just not the only factor, or even the prime factor.

As for my seeking out someone to "happily-ever-after" with ... I won't say "never," but from my present perspective, it's just not in the cards I've been dealt, this hand.

Even I tried to be with a girlfriend, and kind of did for awhile, almost a year but it is hard to do and I am sad for that because I had a wonderful beautiful young lady, but my mind set, the way I am wired wouldn't allow me to appreciate her and that lifestyle. It is actually a little sad, at least for me, but it is what it is. It is hard being on a forum like this settling down with just one, not to mention, many of the people you associate with are mongers from this board, so when you are with them, you tend to do what they do, which is mongering. I tend to do normal things with my life, golf for example, plus family things, because I realize it is not normal to live a monger lifestyle, and live normally. That lifestyle really should be reserved for a monger vacation, in my opinion. Because the two things really don't go together.

This is just my opinion.
    IIRC, Camaro has talked in his threads about looking for a favorita, though he's still playing "Musical Beds" just as you are. Seville posted some remarkable threads about his own exploits, including some that were pretty outrageous even from our POV as mongers, but the last we've heard of him was a third-party account that he'd settled down -- maybe out of necessity, we'll leave it at that.

I know that if I were living in Punani Paradise, even part-time the way SeaWeed manages it, I doubt that I'd be seeking out a fresh bed-partner every night, the way I do (the way we do) on vacay. Similarly, I doubt if I'd go scuba-diving every day, the way I try to when I'm in a seaside destination. That's not just because of the expense, though what Lord Chesterfield said to his son about it still applies to our situation ("The position is ridiculous, the pleasure is fleeting, and the expense is damnable!") But with my comfort level at being on my own, I don't see myself seeking out a long-term partner, either ... though, as I've been told, "these things just happen."

I appreciate your opinion, which I'm aware is formed out of your experience. I think it's worth bearing in mind, for any of us who are considering that Big Move some day, and who are seeking out our own One Particular Harbor. Maybe Jimmy might consider spinning this off into its own thread, because it may seem like a thread-jack here, but I believe it's worthy of discussion.
    I'm still "Just A Lurker."

The Chinese virus infected the Western world with Chinese-style totalitarian politics. ​- Gladiator

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. – H. L. Mencken

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,363 Times in 78,282 Posts

Re: word of caution

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    Thank you for bringing this up. I've been musing along these lines since my first mongering trips down-range. I'd already been considering moving offshore, since my first visit to Uruguay (years before I got introduced to the P4P life); meeting up with Seville on my first visit to Sosua, and reading his accounts here, sharpened my interest in moving to "Punani Paradise" ... some day. But how much would the easy, economical availability of sweet young girl-flesh really impact my life?

I think most people, most places, live that norm, one way or another. It's the way we evolved, or the way God planned it if you believe that way. But there have always been outliers, at the fringes of the herd, ranging from celibate hermits, through disaffected lone-wolves, to cheerful libertines playing the Playboy game. Is it fair to say that we on this board, and especially those of us in your situation, are more comfortable living on our own, changing partners at a whim, than we are living pair-bound with a woman who's living on our provender and whose children we might have sired?

I've lived alone since August 2002, when my Mom "went West." I stopped chasing after girlfriends in 1986, and got introduced to mongering in Paraguay in 2004. I only partook when I was OCONUS on vacation (except that first time), and even now, mongering isn't the sole purpose of my travels ... well, except for my trips to Medellin, and last month's whirlwind tour of some of Germany's FKK sauna-clubs. But certainly it's part of my vacationing life-style, and it will be a factor when (if) I choose my One Particular Harbor -- just not the only factor, or even the prime factor.

As for my seeking out someone to "happily-ever-after" with ... I won't say "never," but from my present perspective, it's just not in the cards I've been dealt, this hand.

IIRC, Camaro has talked in his threads about looking for a favorita, though he's still playing "Musical Beds" just as you are. Seville posted some remarkable threads about his own exploits, including some that were pretty outrageous even from our POV as mongers, but the last we've heard of him was a third-party account that he'd settled down -- maybe out of necessity, we'll leave it at that.

I know that if I were living in Punani Paradise, even part-time the way SeaWeed manages it, I doubt that I'd be seeking out a fresh bed-partner every night, the way I do (the way we do) on vacay. Similarly, I doubt if I'd go scuba-diving every day, the way I try to when I'm in a seaside destination. That's not just because of the expense, though what Lord Chesterfield said to his son about it still applies to our situation ("The position is ridiculous, the pleasure is fleeting, and the expense is damnable!") But with my comfort level at being on my own, I don't see myself seeking out a long-term partner, either ... though, as I've been told, "these things just happen."

I appreciate your opinion, which I'm aware is formed out of your experience. I think it's worth bearing in mind, for any of us who are considering that Big Move some day, and who are seeking out our own One Particular Harbor. Maybe Jimmy might consider spinning this off into its own thread, because it may seem like a thread-jack here, but I believe it's worthy of discussion.
    What would the name of this topic be?

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

As for me, if I see something on line, in a market, walking or on a bus, I will talk to her. New ones will always be replacing old ones that think they should get more.

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    How about, "Do Expat Mongers Settle Down ... or just slow down?"

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: 10/2016 - Do Expat Mongers Settle Down ... or just slow down?

Maybe i just been unlucky with the Ex pats that I seen around DR, but a few are with some nasty looking women who they have little to no control over.

Hank is one that come to mind.

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

How about, "Do Expat Mongers Settle Down ... or just slow down?"
    Let me flesh this out a little bit, from my perspective ... even in "vacation mode," I don't necessarily score fresh punani every day. Of course, we made casa-runs every day in Medellin, and I busted two or three nuts every day during the FKK trip; but it was several days before I got "in the groove" when I went to the Philippines, and of course I got "locked down" by Thief Shanee in Jamaica. (I don't blame her for sticking around. I would have been a good catch if I'd come to the gaff the way she hoped. I DO blame her for her thievery, and if that's out enough to hurt her chances going forward -- tough shit, sweetie.)

How would I operate if I were living long-term downrange, in Punani Paradise? I don't know, but I think I'd probably "just slow down." Certainly I wouldn't be paying for play, every day; to use the DR as an example and the current 2000-peso ST price ($43.31 at this morning's exchange rate), that would add up to about $1300 a month. Of course, I might cut a better long-term deal, like a "night nurse" arrangement; but after Jamaica, I'd be leery of taking on a live-in lover under any terms. As I see it for now, though, I might spend the first few weeks in fresh-every-night mode, then slow down to maybe twice a week, more or less.

Anyone else care to chime in on this? Even better, does anyone else care to add their dissent?

13. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

How would I operate if I were living long-term downrange, in Punani Paradise? I don't know, but I think I'd probably "just slow down." Certainly I wouldn't be paying for play, every day; to use the DR as an example and the current 2000-peso ST price ($43.31 at this morning's exchange rate), that would add up to about $1300 a month. Of course, I might cut a better long-term deal, like a "night nurse" arrangement; but after Jamaica, I'd be leery of taking on a live-in lover under any terms. As I see it for now, though, I might spend the first few weeks in fresh-every-night mode, then slow down to maybe twice a week, more or less.

Anyone else care to chime in on this? Even better, does anyone else care to add their dissent?
    There is no reason to pay full price.

If they need 500 pesos, they can call and you are there 52 weeks a year.

500 is more than nothing when there are no other customers around.

15. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

There is no reason to pay full price.

If they need 500 pesos, they can call and you are there 52 weeks a year.

500 is more than nothing when there are no other customers around.
    True, but there's also the question of "how hungry am I for punani?"

It might be different from when I'm on vacation, and I gorge myself because of the long lean months between trips.

17. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

True, but there's also the question of "how hungry am I for punani?"

It might be different from when I'm on vacation, and I gorge myself because of the long lean months between trips.
    You are on vacation for a week so you can spend $1,000 or $2,000 and then go home and not spend to catch up. If you live there, tomorrow is another day.

I was in Sosua for 30 days and by week 4, they came down to my prices.

19. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 29,784 Times in 2,952 Posts

There is no simple answer to this as everyone is different with differing appetites, tolerance levels and budgets.

For example for the past year or so I have been in serious rampage mode, I have had a thirst that 2 or 3 a day, every day without exception, in a rotation of 20+ chicas plus 2 regular girlfriends, could not quench.

BUT eventually pussy fatigue sets in and it becomes very tiresome and unfulfilling.

Some days I couldn't even remember who had been round to visit, and it really wasn't important.

Difficult for guys who haven't walked the walk to understand that, right?

Most expats, including myself, will have a favorita or a novia at most times but usually in the knowledge that sooner or later the relationship will go tits up and then it's back to playing around.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillie View Post
    There is no simple answer to this as everyone is different with differing appetites, tolerance levels and budgets.

For example for the past year or so I have been in serious rampage mode, I have had a thirst that 2 or 3 a day, every day without exception, in a rotation of 20+ chicas plus 2 regular girlfriends, could not quench.

BUT eventually pussy fatigue sets in and it becomes very tiresome and unfulfilling.

Some days I couldn't even remember who had been round to visit, and it really wasn't important.

Most expats, including myself, will have a favorita or a novia at most times but usually in the knowledge that sooner or later the relationship will go tits up and then it's back to playing around.
    "No simple answer" -- Roger that. As H.L. Mencken put it, "For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." It just seems to me that the subject might be worth some discussion, and maybe a little explanation and advice from our brothers already living downrange; some of us are thinking of maybe going expat, one of these days, and Yayow's "word of caution" in the Expats That Fall thread brought my own musings on the notion to a head.

I know there's a big difference between "tourist mode" and "expat mode;" I was aware of that in a general sense, years before I learned about this forum and started pondering the idea of going "sexpat" one of these days. And surely I'm not the only one here who's pondering it?

22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 62,154 Times in 9,135 Posts

Maybe i just been unlucky with the Ex pats that I seen around DR, but a few are with some nasty looking women who they have little to no control over.

Hank is one that come to mind.
    jajaja, let that man rest in peace already. She actually could be very attractive looking when she wanted, but personality was always very unattractive in my opinion. Yeah you are right he had no control over her at all.
    Why should I limit myself to only one woman when I can have as many women as I want?
    George Gershwin

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yayow View Post
    jajaja, let that man rest in peace already. She actually could be very attractive looking when she wanted, but personality was always very unattractive in my opinion. Yeah you are right he had no control over her at all.
    Jail and acid and i am with you, she was UGLY!

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 31,159 Times in 5,854 Posts

We need a thread 'Expats That Succeed'
    ‘Forbear to judge, for we are sinners all’

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to questner For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by questner View Post
    It's easy enough to start a new thread. It seems to me that as the "brand new" wears off of finding oneself in a living situation where their purchasing power is increased by an order of magnitude that eventually one would seek out some level of 'normalcy' as the routine becomes routine. Getting some strange now and then is a good thing but I wouldn't want to make a living out of it. I think it's completely understandable when guys settle in with a Chica for the long haul, however long that might be. All that running around takes a lot of energy and a few more notches on the belt just isn't my idea of productive time although I am well aware that opinions on the subject tend to vary.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    - Benjamin Franklin

30. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,253 Times in 7,381 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillie View Post

Fucking midlife crisis! Jeez.

32. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Smooth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 62,154 Times in 9,135 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by greydread View Post
    It's easy enough to start a new thread. It seems to me that as the "brand new" wears off of finding oneself in a living situation where their purchasing power is increased by an order of magnitude that eventually one would seek out some level of 'normalcy' as the routine becomes routine. Getting some strange now and then is a good thing but I wouldn't want to make a living out of it. I think it's completely understandable when guys settle in with a Chica for the long haul, however long that might be. All that running around takes a lot of energy and a few more notches on the belt just isn't my idea of productive time although I am well aware that opinions on the subject tend to vary.
    Actually tried this, just didn't work for me, like I said just not wired that way for the time being. For that to succeed with me, would have to give up my membership on the board. Stop associating with other mongers. Know a lot of guys that do what you say, but they aren't what I would consider to be mongers at all. Just normal guys enjoying their lives abroad. Sure they sampled a few chicas until finding the right one, but once found the sampling stopped. My sampling continues like the energizer bunny, keeps going and going.

Oh one other thing I personally would have to do, for that to work for me is to go, deaf, blind and crazy!

34. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by greydread View Post
    Its not started yet? Why not?

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by questner View Post
    What fun is that?

Yayow has succeeded!

Happy has succeeded!!

Cam has succeeded!!!!

Blue Devil has Succeeded!!!

That is just 4 that come to mind and I know I missed at least another 4 others.

This is kind of boring as a topic

38. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 97,678 Times in 17,146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smooth View Post
    Fucking midlife crisis! Jeez.

Yeah jeezus WW....WTF...2-3 a day every day. You must have an incredible sperm recharge...lol....I coultdnt do it...

It is the law of diminishing returns though with that many. Too much work. I am with Grey....

I personally get tired of hos after a couple weeks.

40. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information