Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 10/2016 - hotel Tronco bar - Boca Chica

Thanks
    Thanked 20,125 Times in 3,033 Posts

Re: 10/2016 - hotel Tronco bar - Boca Chica

Quote Originally Posted by yayow View Post
    Interested in your take of the place in regards to customer service. The airport pickup is a good start.

When I stopped by they had a crew from the states there, part of the reason I guess it was fun, always better when you have a group that know each other.

Lets see if the airport pickup shows up. They can start with that... Front desk guy who called spoke pretty good English which is a good start for me.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to CentralNJDude For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,363 Times in 78,282 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CentralNJDude View Post
    Lets see if the airport pickup shows up. They can start with that... Front desk guy who called spoke pretty good English which is a good start for me.
    Its a ten minute ride.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quick update on this place.
    My flight was late by a couple of hours but the airport pick up guy was luckily still there. Old guy who drove at what feels like 5 miles per hour on the highway.
    I had booked the apartment since I had got a good price on it. The apartments look a little outdated with the old style air conditioner in the bedroom.
    Their superior room seems like the best bet and you can call them direct and get a good price if you stay 3 nights or more. Web site price is 45/night.
    Pool is small; more like a Jacuzzi size. Never tried it but hung around it with Yayow and a few chicas we had picked up. Report will be in the paid section.
    Free breakfast is mediocre; eggs and local bread with jugo and pressed coffee.
    Wasn't too busy when I was there; only a couple of folks besides me.
    They have a couple of nice thick ones ( relative as I like flacas) working at the bar that could potentially be your compania.
    Owner is an older dominicana.
    The guy at the desk is pretty good and speaks good English.
    500 pesos for the ride back to the airport.
    Did walk from there to the playa etc except for the last trip back home for the day. 50-100 pesos for the moto-conchos..
    Nice big Ole supermarket pretty close by.
    Its pretty private so a good place to have a get-together/invasion and rates can be negotiated. Not quite to the standard of the Garant but lighter on the budget.

6. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to CentralNJDude For This Useful Post:

Thanks

View of the corridor from the main entrance.
    Imágenes adjuntas Imágenes adjuntas

8. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to CentralNJDude For This Useful Post:

Thanks

My apartment entrance. Has a lockable front full gate besides the main door.

10. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to CentralNJDude For This Useful Post:

Thanks

A private alcove near the pool. A few older locals with their hot chicas were having a good time there one night. Not much lighting there so makes it a nice spot for fun.

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to CentralNJDude For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Superior rooms have a view of the pool. Accessible by a narrow staircase.

14. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to CentralNJDude For This Useful Post:

Thanks

The pool. More like a big Jacuzzi.

16. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to CentralNJDude For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

My apartment entrance. Has a lockable front full gate besides the main door.

Click to see pic
    Very nice

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

The bar. Has like six bar stools around it. They played some pretty good music at night.. All local which was a refreshing change.

20. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to CentralNJDude For This Useful Post:

Thanks

It took a couple of tries to connect to the WiFi but once connected it worked well.
    They have backup generators which kicked in quite a few times when I was there. Lots of short-term power outages.
    They do have quite a few people working in the hotel who were all helpful. Half of them spoke English. The camereras behind the bar don't speak any English but were very friendly and responsive to flirting around.
    The cleaning lady did a pretty good job and nothing was missing. Towel sizes worked for me but are on the smaller side.
    They did NOT have a safe in Apartment 3 and the owner said it would take a day or so to get one. I skipped it since it wasn't worth it since their day or so can be a week.

That's pretty much what I can remember. It was a 3 night stay without any issues.

22. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to CentralNJDude For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

It took a couple of tries to connect to the WiFi but once connected it worked well.
    They have backup generators which kicked in quite a few times when I was there. Lots of short-term power outages.
    They do have quite a few people working in the hotel who were all helpful. Half of them spoke English. The camereras behind the bar don't speak any English but were very friendly and responsive to flirting around.
    The cleaning lady did a pretty good job and nothing was missing. Towel sizes worked for me but are on the smaller side.
    They did NOT have a safe in Apartment 3 and the owner said it would take a day or so to get one. I skipped it since it wasn't worth it since their day or so can be a week.

That's pretty much what I can remember. It was a 3 night stay without any issues.
    Quick get away.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 72,237 Times in 11,762 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    Westy is in charge of invasions.
    Huh?
    I'm still "Just A Lurker."

The Chinese virus infected the Western world with Chinese-style totalitarian politics. ​- Gladiator

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. – H. L. Mencken

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information