Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 11/2016 - Ahnvee Resort in Sosua

Thanks
    Thanked 72,262 Times in 11,768 Posts

Re: 11/2016 - Ahnvee Resort in Sosua

Quote Originally Posted by sopranostingray View Post
    We are on the same page. There's more to this story than has been posted. The build up to this has been going on for just over one year with small projects to prove to the investors that Sosua was the place to invest their money.
    From their website - "Pre-sales starting soon." Right, a time-share.
    I'm still "Just A Lurker."

The Chinese virus infected the Western world with Chinese-style totalitarian politics. ​- Gladiator

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. – H. L. Mencken

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 76,190 Times in 8,046 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    A resort that's not even on the beach? No thank you.

Of course, if they'd staff it and run it like Field of Dreams, they might be on to something.

I will walk down and check it out this week but you are correct. Not on the beach??

Tough to beat the view I am sitting at right now. Pool side at the VH.

Vety nice way to start the day.
    If she is alive, she will fuck.

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Tiger For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Old ruins. ill take a look on Tuesday, give me a chance to walk down by the old passions play ground.

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to dirty rig hand For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,363 Times in 867 Posts

http://www.accessdr.com/2016/11/ahnv...wned-athletes/

So maybe I was wrong about the Euros. According to this source, the property was purchased by US investors.

The Ahnvee Resort & Sport, a five-star all-inclusive 144-suite hotel in Sosua – on the country’s north coast – will officially open in January 2017.

Its facilities, both the rooms and the gymnasium, have been designed to attract top-level athletes.

The hotel will feature three full-service restaurants, two swimming pools with bars, and a gymnasium.

Guests will also enjoy a whole selection of aquatic, terrestrial and extreme sports, as well as shuttle service to the beach area.

Next to the hotel’s central swimming pool area is the Roam & Crave Restaurant, where guests will enjoy a varied menu of local dishes, excellent meats and fresh seafood, including lobsters.

Although closed for many years, the hotel was recently purchased a group of U.S. investors.

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to el_papi_chew_low For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dirty rig hand View Post
    Old ruins. ill take a look on Tuesday, give me a chance to walk down by the old passions play ground.
    Updates are good.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Looks like this place is open? I checked Travelocity's page for Super Bowl and rooms are on sale for $153

https://www.travelocity.com/Puerto-P...USD&exp_pg=HSR

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to el_papi_chew_low For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 113,285 Times in 14,580 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by el_papi_chew_low View Post
    Looks like this place is open? I checked Travelocity's page for Super Bowl and rooms are on sale for $153

https://www.travelocity.com/Puerto-P...USD&exp_pg=HSR
    I don't think they have opened to customers yet

Looks like the first available date is Feb 1 on the Travelocity page

Their own website had the first reservations on Jan 26 but no other updates on that site

They haven't bothered to update their facebook page since December 16 though

Pretty much everything has been pretty quiet which you likely wouldn't find as a normal thing for a place set to open in a few days. Not sure who is in charge of marketing there but perhaps they have a plan or a whole lot of reservations already.

I guess we will see if they open on time but I would be a little leary that they do open when they say they are
    Last edited by j_d66; 01-24-2017 at 02:09 AM.
    I am the pussy licker ​Let's have some fun. Not invisible. Snitches are pathetic little people!
    Disclaimer. This post may not be in response to a post by Greybaby. So Greybaby doesn't need to cry about it. Rover has you pegged to a T

14. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by j_d66 View Post

They haven't bothered to update their facebook page since December 16 though

I guess we will see if they open on time but I would be a little leary that they do open when they say they are

They indicated that they plan to be open for the super bowl. Travelocity seemed to indicate that people have already been making reservations for February.

I've heard wild conspiracy theories like these folks are really behind the closing of Rumba.

Spoke to someone in Sosua yesterday that claimed Rumba is supposed to open for the super bowl but we've been hearing rumors about Rumba for months. Looks like the place is still a crapshoot even in high season but at least the weather has been nice which means the beach is an option for a place to chill.

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to el_papi_chew_low For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by el_papi_chew_low View Post
    They indicated that they plan to be open for the super bowl. Travelocity seemed to indicate that people have already been making reservations for February.

I've heard wild conspiracy theories like these folks are really behind the closing of Rumba.

Spoke to someone in Sosua yesterday that claimed Rumba is supposed to open for the super bowl but we've been hearing rumors about Rumba for months. Looks like the place is still a crapshoot even in high season but at least the weather has been nice which means the beach is an option for a place to chill.
    Not sure who the actual ownership of Ahnvee is but they clearly have some deep pockets given the apparent large sums being invested.

There must be some tie to the now closed Victorian House as it is said the management and staff of VH have gone to the new resort to work

Now don't know why the resort would necessarily want Rumba closed except for there also is a tie to Bourbon Street and they certainly have benefited from the closure of Rumba. But again have no idea if there is common ownership there or not.

What's not clear is what kind of place Ahnvee will try to become meaning how friendly will they be to the monger type guest.

They look like they are going to try and cater to a guest that is not typical to Sosua but I guess it will remain to be seen if the chica's will be welcome or not.

I suspect that some of the past guests of VH are going to find that their activities are not wanted at the new resort.

I have no interest in paying $150 plus for a place to stay there but I might be interested in patronizing the restaurant should they allow non resort guests to eat there.

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,379 Times in 7,663 Posts

Im guessing that in less than six months they'll be highend guest friendly with room rates in the $110 vicinity.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to The Sage For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
    Im guessing that in less than six months they'll be highend guest friendly with room rates in the $110 vicinity.
    Probably right there

The whole idea of catering to the sports enthusiast is likely to fail miserably so they may be forced to become guest friendly or shut the doors

But I guess I considered a sports enthusiast as I enjoy the sport of muff diving

22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Not sure who the actual ownership of Ahnvee is but they clearly have some deep pockets given the apparent large sums being invested.

There must be some tie to the now closed Victorian House as it is said the management and staff of VH have gone to the new resort to work

Now don't know why the resort would necessarily want Rumba closed except for there also is a tie to Bourbon Street and they certainly have benefited from the closure of Rumba. But again have no idea if there is common ownership there or not.

What's not clear is what kind of place Ahnvee will try to become meaning how friendly will they be to the monger type guest.

They look like they are going to try and cater to a guest that is not typical to Sosua but I guess it will remain to be seen if the chica's will be welcome or not.

I suspect that some of the past guests of VH are going to find that their activities are not wanted at the new resort.

I have no interest in paying $150 plus for a place to stay there but I might be interested in patronizing the restaurant should they allow non resort guests to eat there.

Wow! The Victorian House closed?

What did I miss? Is there a thread on this? I need to check the board more often.

That is my favorite place to stay................................

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tiger For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,916 Times in 219 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post

What did I miss? Is there a thread on this? I need to check the board more often.

I was informed Victorian house is indeed closed. I will diffinitely miss the view. I guess I'll stay at bella mar for the view. The old management from Victorian House Is now at the new spot Ahnvee resort. They are open for business. The web site pics look awesome . I'll see for myself and take pics.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dvdmdz For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dvdmdz View Post
    I was informed Victorian house is indeed closed. I will diffinitely miss the view. I guess I'll stay at bella mar for the view. The old management from Victorian House Is now at the new spot Ahnvee resort. They are open for business. The web site pics look awesome . I'll see for myself and take pics.
    Yes word is they closed the doors the end of the year. There might be a thread about it somewhere

From what I have heard Bellamar has taken over the property with some plans for renovation.

However seems like I also read that it might become an AI if it reopens and possibly no longer chica friendly.

Not sure where they think they are going to get the customers from if they shut out the monger crowd but someone must be selling a dream to somebody

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dvdmdz View Post
    How about the restaurant? Is that closed also.

Always a nice relaxing spot for breakfast in the morning but not a deal breaker.

Irie's place has better food anyway.

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tiger For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Always a nice relaxing spot for breakfast in the morning but not a deal breaker.

I believe everything is closed there at this point

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

However seems like I also read that it might become an AI if it reopens and possibly no longer chica friendly.

Not sure where they think they are going to get the customers from if they shut out the monger crowd but someone must be selling a dream to somebody
    Keep in mind that property used to be an AI that didn't want hookers. Pure conjecture but I think the higher ups at VC/Bourbon Street never really were happy with the monger/hooker business model that emerged and are with the crowd that wants to clean up Sosua and bring in more of the traditional golfer type tourists, couples/families and locals that can afford to vacation there. Ahnvee is a slightly different spin on that but it doesn't seem to be suited for the budget minded monger "pesos para putas" crowd.

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to el_papi_chew_low For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 114,003 Times in 10,353 Posts

Thanks Tiger. Much appreciated.

Cant beat that view at VH though. I always bring visiting family/friends there at least once during their stay. Would hate to think they closed it.
    Vida es buena....

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Irie For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Stopped by Ahnvee on the Jan 26 to see what was up

There were some staff around but there were no guests there yet.

I asked what looked liked to be a security guy or someone that worked there standing outside if they were open and he shook his head that No they were not open than mumbled something to me in Spanish that I did not understand

The place looked pretty cleaned up but you could tell was not quite ready to open yet to adequately receive guests at this time

Guess we will see what another week brings

38. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,796 Times in 355 Posts

Stopped by Ahnvee on the Jan 26 to see what was up

There were some staff around but there were no guests there yet.

Click to see pic

I asked what looked liked to be a security guy or someone that worked there standing outside if they were open and he shook his head that No they were not open than mumbled something to me in Spanish that I did not understand

Click to see pic

The place looked pretty cleaned up but you could tell was not quite ready to open yet to adequately receive guests at this time

Guess we will see what another week brings
    They are open now. The first restaurant is supposed to open to the public now also,I'll try it this week.

40. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to quietcorner911 For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information