Thread: 11/2016 - Hotel Casa Coco NOV 2016. Recommend.

Thanks

11/2016 - Hotel Casa Coco NOV 2016. Recommend.

Has small pool about 5 feet deep two ends are wider than the middle but approx 26 by 16 feet. Combination safe you set with 4 numbers in the wardrobe and bolted into the wall. Can't fit laptops in there. Guard at night, takes cedula. Very nice location and like 8 normal rooms and 2 double rooms. I stayed in room 8 with good wifi but was moved to double room last night and wifi not as good. Standard rooms have fan and ac and small refrigerator but no TV. Paid 33 a night taxes included. Only cash. Other type of room is more and has sofa and table and chairs with TV and DVD player and 2 beds partioned off kind of, etc but was not charged more for it. On street as Colmado maestro and next block. Great location and budget/moderate hotel. Highly recommend. 3 minute walk to Piano Bar and El Batey no need for motoconcho. "Bailar" saw the room as well and liked it so more than just one opinion and would have liked to been able to stay there. He stayed at Garant and another hotel on same street as me for a few days. Oh reserved the rooms right from their website http://www.hotelcasacoco.com/ Online sometimes are more expensive using other sites since they have to pay a commission they mentioned. Nice french couple so all I ask is if you reserve since there aren't many rooms I believe 10 please be sincere.
    Last edited by latinlover7; 11-30-2016 at 07:01 PM. Reason: updated room description

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 72,237 Times in 11,762 Posts

Re: Hotel Casa Coco NOV 2016. Recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by latinlover7 View Post
    Has small pool about 5 feet deep two ends are wider than the middle but approx 26 by 16 feet. Combination safe you set with 4 numbers in the wardrobe and bolted into the wall. Can't fit laptops in there. Guard at night, takes cedula. Very nice location and like 8 normal rooms and 2 double rooms. I stayed in room 8 with good wifi but was moved to double room last night and wifi not as good. Standard rooms have fan and ac and small refrigerator. Paid 33 a night taxes included. Only cash. Other type of room is more and has sofa and table and chairs, etc but was not charged more for it. On street as Colmado maestro and next block. Great location and budget/moderate hotel. Highly recommend. 3 minute walk to Piano Bar and El Batey no need for motoconcho. "Bailar" saw the room as well and liked it so more than just one opinion and would have liked to been able to stay there. He stayed at Garant and another hotel on same street as me for a few days.
    This sounds like another hotel that you might be able to "lock down" for an Invasion.
    I'm still "Just A Lurker."

The Chinese virus infected the Western world with Chinese-style totalitarian politics. ​- Gladiator

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. – H. L. Mencken

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,364 Times in 78,283 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    This sounds like another hotel that you might be able to "lock down" for an Invasion.
    It by the Garant. Its kind of old and run down.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 35,868 Times in 4,610 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    It by the Garant. Its kind of old and run down.
    Fan, but not A/C it seems. Room looks like Rocky's rooms. Maybe not a cheap option though.
    Me gusta mujeres mas oscuro que yo.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to el toro For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by el toro View Post
    Fan, but not A/C it seems. Room looks like Rocky's rooms. Maybe not a cheap option though.
    You need A/C in the summer.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 20,125 Times in 3,033 Posts

Re: 11/2016 - Hotel Casa Coco NOV 2016. Recommend.

Just as an FYI, I am trying out the Tronco when I go to BC this Sunday. So i get a call from the guy at the front desk confirming my reservation (booking.com) and he is asking for flight details. I was thinking that they were looking to get some money out of dumb-ass gringo for the pickup. I started blabbering about how I pay only vente dolares for my ride. He calmly explains that its free pickup since I am staying three nights and he would only charge 500 pesos for the drop-off when I leave. I was impressed.

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to CentralNJDude For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    You need A/C in the summer.
    In Casa Coco all rooms have a fan and a/c. Should update their site because mention safety deposit boxes as well which imply locked with key or padilock but are programmable 4 digit pin ones bolted into the wall inside a wardrobe. So just verifying to all that all rooms have both a/c and a fan. I have stayed at the Garant before, Castello Italiano, Candil, Costa Lunga, Europa, Madjera and Residence Los Pinos though some are not open anymore in BC from 2002 that I remember for sure I have stayed at. I have seen/been in the Azurra, Bella Rimini, Martini, One of the RIG's, Mango and Tronco and the one on Calle Dominguez almost next door to Colmado Maestro where Bailar stayed. For 33 dollars and with what is offered and with location this is my favorite choice so far at this price range/amenities/location. Of course the Garant is better but is more expensive, a street over and a little further south from Duarte. Tronco rooms were pretty good and the proprietor was very friendly but since they start at a little higher rate and with location, which is good if you want to walk to the Ole market but a little too far for me to walk where I want to go regularly. But that is just my preference.
    Last edited by latinlover7; 12-01-2016 at 11:50 PM.

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to latinlover7 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by latinlover7 View Post
    , which is good if you want to walk to the Ole market but a little too far for me to walk where I want to go regularly. But that is just my preference.
    We went there 3 or 4 times.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,618 Times in 893 Posts

Is the invasion still on in Bc for February ?

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rafa72 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I like giving my business to Dominican owned establishments sometimes so after watching some videos, I believe that I will be staying at this place in March--probably will play it safe and only pay for 2 nights upon arrival just in case.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to el toro For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 20,125 Times in 3,033 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by el toro View Post
    I like giving my business to Dominican owned establishments sometimes so after watching some videos, I believe that I will be staying at this place in March--probably will play it safe and only pay for 2 nights upon arrival just in case.

Did you decide on the dates? I though you were heading to PR for the birthday?

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CentralNJDude For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CentralNJDude View Post
    Did you decide on the dates? I though you were heading to PR for the birthday?
    March 9th-16th.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to el toro For This Useful Post:

Thread Information