Thanked 58,341 Times in 10,416 Posts

Re: 01/2017 - Shooting at Ft. Lauderdale Airport

So.....what would you do?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jacknback For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 58,341 Times in 10,416 Posts

Any place I go in SFL that isn't a no gun zone I carry concealed.

The only no carry place I really understand is bar rooms.

Crazies and not so crazy know exactly where to go where they cut the percentage of their being stopped.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jacknback For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

When I lived in North Carolina I open Carried, hip Holster ,sometimes Thigh Holster .
    .. Concealed Carry was JUST getting Approved at that time , circa 1993/4 ?
    I moved back to NJ just before I was able to do it

But I have to say, the feeling of Open Carry, is something that can not be explained to those who have never done it .
    Greeting Police Officers with a Friendly HELLO, going into Grocery Stores, Gas Stations, and people nod a sign of Respect to you, cuz they KNOW you are a Law Abiding Citizen,, its something that can not be described in words ..
    You just feel it .. No one ever ran away.. especially not Moms with Kids ... think about that for a moment .

Even when Stopped for a Minor Traffic thing like speeding, you tell the police office you are ARMED .. and they are NICE TO you, and don't even give you a ticket , cuz they know you not crazy enough to be a FELON with a Gun..
    They would take the gun, and inspect it , but give it right back to you.

Sorry for off Tangent, but IMO we need more Law Abiding Citizens who are WILLING TO CARRY..
    The Criminals sure as Shit dont care about you or me or some stupid " Gun Free Zone Sign"
    and that is all it is a Fucking SIGN. .It means NOTHING to criminals..Its a joke to them.

But the Law Abiding Citizen WILL be there for you when the survival instinct kicks in.

But I would NEVER want to Carry in like an Airport , just way too much responsibility , not that they would aver even allow it ..

But a MALL... Yeagh, I would ..
    A guy in Oregon stopped a mass shooting in Fact, of course the media never covered it .. and his name is almost totally forgotten now .

But this guy in Florida, HIS Name will live on for a long time ... and that is seriously effed up.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,266 Times in 287 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    A co worker of mine was there. He said the cops were running away faster than the people
    Those were fake cops obviously. Their role is to keep an eye on things and call the
    real cops (who can fight) if they are needed. In my suburb the worst thing that
    happens is some old lady gets her purse snatched. Those cops here are so fat and
    slow I wonder if they could handle it if something like this happened. The whole
    town is just another soft target.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to whatever For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,266 Times in 287 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jacknback View Post
    I'd run as fast as I could. Fuck my luggage. They can keep it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to whatever For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,363 Times in 78,282 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jacknback View Post
    I noticed that none of us mongers happened to be there at that time and I have passed thru there dozens of times.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,561 Times in 1,572 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JD426 View Post
    When I lived in North Carolina I open Carried, hip Holster ,sometimes Thigh Holster .
    .. Concealed Carry was JUST getting Approved at that time , circa 1993/4 ?
    I moved back to NJ just before I was able to do it

But I have to say, the feeling of Open Carry, is something that can not be explained to those who have never done it .
    Greeting Police Officers with a Friendly HELLO, going into Grocery Stores, Gas Stations, and people nod a sign of Respect to you, cuz they KNOW you are a Law Abiding Citizen,, its something that can not be described in words ..
    You just feel it .. No one ever ran away.. especially not Moms with Kids ... think about that for a moment .

Even when Stopped for a Minor Traffic thing like speeding, you tell the police office you are ARMED .. and they are NICE TO you, and don't even give you a ticket , cuz they know you not crazy enough to be a FELON with a Gun..
    They would take the gun, and inspect it , but give it right back to you.

Sorry for off Tangent, but IMO we need more Law Abiding Citizens who are WILLING TO CARRY..
    The Criminals sure as Shit dont care about you or me or some stupid " Gun Free Zone Sign"
    and that is all it is a Fucking SIGN. .It means NOTHING to criminals..Its a joke to them.

But the Law Abiding Citizen WILL be there for you when the survival instinct kicks in.

But I would NEVER want to Carry in like an Airport , just way too much responsibility , not that they would aver even allow it ..

But a MALL... Yeagh, I would ..
    A guy in Oregon stopped a mass shooting in Fact, of course the media never covered it .. and his name is almost totally forgotten now .

But this guy in Florida, HIS Name will live on for a long time ... and that is seriously effed up.
    I guess the cop who shot and killed Philando Castile did not believe he was a Law Abiding Citizen.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rahsta For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information