Thread: 01/2017 - Hotel Camp David Ranch, Santiago

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 87,562 Times in 8,809 Posts

01/2017 - Hotel Camp David Ranch, Santiago

Hotel Camp David Ranch, Santiago

Hotel Camp David is reported to be one of ex-President Rapael Trujillo's houses and has since been converted to a hotel. I do not know the exact altitude but I believe it is almost 2000 feet above sea level which makes it pretty cool during the winter months at night with temperatures around 65 degrees.

There is a 4 star restaurant with an indoor section and a balcony that has an incredible vista view of Santiago

The view of Santiago puts me in the mind of Medellin, Colombia where there is a similar view. The view at night as well as during the day is spectacular in fact it is one of the greatest attributes of the hotel.

The restaurant has some high end food items like seafood and steak for 1000 pesos a plate. There is a wine menu with 1-3000 pesos items. The food was decent but the service was poor I believe due to a wedding reception being held at the hotel.

There is a complimentary breakfast in the morning

The room I had was spacious but I had problems with the hotel WIFI as well as reception on my Orange Hotspot

They had a little something waiting in the room

Assessment

Hotel Camp David is a very nice hotel I was disappointed in that there was limited parking and on the night I stayed there was a wedding reception so there was live music up until 2am.

This is not a mongering hotel per-se it is really a place that you want to take a special someone for dinner and a nice hotel experience. It is no cheap venue the basic rooms start at 7000 pesos a night and they have suites with mountain views for more. The restaurant also is pricey it would be easy to spend 3-5000 pesos on dinner and drinks depending on what you order.

I saw some stunning women there who were obviously with their dates so it was obvious that some Dominicans not only have money but are enjoying it.

IMHO the best part of the experience is the view of Santiago, it should be noted you can enjoy the restaurant without having a room at the hotel.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 46,477 Times in 4,501 Posts

Re: Hotel Camp David Ranch, Santiago

Looks like they have upgraded the rooms quite a bit, as well have raised the room rates as well.

Like you said. Stunning views similiar to those of medellin.
    You do You, I'm gonna Do Me!!

"Don't tell me what a man says, don't tell me what a man knows, tell me where he's traveled?"

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tgunz For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,363 Times in 78,282 Posts

Re: Hotel Camp David Ranch, Santiago

Quote Originally Posted by tgunz View Post
    Looks like they have upgraded the rooms quite a bit, as well have raised the room rates as well.

Like you said. Stunning views similiar to those of medellin.
    I was there like 12 years ago.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thread Information