Thread: 01/2017 - Sosua Sunset Hotel

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 87,562 Times in 8,809 Posts

01/2017 - Sosua Sunset Hotel

Sosua Sunset Hotel

Sosua Sunset Hotel is located in between Sosua and Charamecos on just off Hwy 5.

There is a side road off Hwy 5 that leads to the hotel however the signage can be seen from the road. The side road is terrible and was probably damaged by the heavy winter rains. There is a metal gate with the hotel being enclosed within a brick wall.

I arrived at about 2am and there was no office I could see but security got an attendant. There was a pool next to the main building.

It was very dark on the property so I could not see how many rooms were available. Below is a look at the room I rented.

I had passed this hotel on many occasions but never visited, I only ended up there on the suggestion of my date because Dulce Secreto was full. The rooms were clean but not as nice as Dulce Secreto's rooms. There were 2 towels and soap for the shower but no condoms like in Dulce Secreto; it was a good thing I had my sex kit in my vehicle with enough condoms for the occasion.

The room I was in was 500 pesos for 3 hours. I ordered a small Presidente Light for my date and it was 150 pesos...YIKES!

Over all it was a decent experience but of course I would have preferred Dulce Secreto but the hotel is an acceptable plan B. I did not ask if it is a regular hotel or just a cabana so I cannot advise on that question.
    Imágenes adjuntas Imágenes adjuntas

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 113,284 Times in 14,580 Posts

Re: Sosua Sunset Hotel

Looks a little nicer than calypso hotel lol
    I am the pussy licker ​Let's have some fun. Not invisible. Snitches are pathetic little people!
    Disclaimer. This post may not be in response to a post by Greybaby. So Greybaby doesn't need to cry about it. Rover has you pegged to a T

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by j_d66 View Post
    Looks a little nicer than calypso hotel lol
    Yessssssssssssssssssur!

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

So I would assume getting a taxi or moto there is not a problem but you probably would want to have someone lined up to take you back if you don't have your own transportation I would assume

I know the publico passes by but getting them to stop there might not be to easy.

Good to know it's available.

I never thought of it as short term type hotel. I always figured since no one really talked about it that it was more of a tourist non chica friendly type place

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

So I would assume getting a taxi or moto there is not a problem but you probably would want to have someone lined up to take you back if you don't have your own transportation I would assume

I know the publico passes by but getting them to stop there might not be to easy.

Good to know it's available.

I never thought of it as short term type hotel. I always figured since no one really talked about it that it was more of a tourist non chica friendly type place
    As you know if enough pesos are involved you can get a taxi or moto to do whatever you want. The distance from the strip is about equal to the hotel as Dulce Secreto so that really is not a problem.

I would imagine if you gave a moto concho 500 pesos he would be glad to wait for you for an hour and take you back and forth.

I really do not know if it is a regular hotel also.

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

I know the publico passes by but getting them to stop there might not be too easy.
    Towards El Batey, very easy, I should think. Most of them will have empty seats at that stage of their route. But going the other direction, towards Puerto Plata, almost impossible
    Last edited by weyland; 01-22-2017 at 09:52 PM.

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by weyland View Post
    Towards El Batey, very easy, I should think. Most of them will have vacancies at that stage of their route. But going the other direction, towards Puerto Plata, almost impossible

And it's really not all that far a walk
    according to Google maps only about 5-10 min to the Texaco station

I was thinking it was a little farther out than that.

Probably not the best walk at night but nice and wide shoulder there now after the beginning of the new construction along that route a couple years ago for the walkway

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Sosu...5!2d19.7634868

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

And it's really not all that far a walk
    according to Google maps only about 5-10 min to the Texaco station

I was thinking it was a little farther out than that.

Probably not the best walk at night but nice and wide shoulder there now after the beginning of the new construction along that route a couple years ago for the walkway

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Sosu...5!2d19.7634868
    ...sure you can however at night it can be kinda spookie with cars and motos buzzing by...

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

... nice and wide shoulder there now
    Which is used by motos and publicos for overtaking. I would not walk there at night.

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by weyland View Post
    Which is used by motos and publicos for overtaking. I would not walk there at night.
    I don't and won't

I was thinking it was a little farther out than it is.
    Unless you are there in the middle of the night a moto shouldn't be to hard to find as there would be several of them buzzing back and forth from Charamicos

I don't really see me using the place all that much but it's nice to know it's there

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 62,154 Times in 9,135 Posts

Re: 01/2017 - Sosua Sunset Hotel

I am actually surprised that Dulce Secrets gets that full, seems to be happening more and more, ..... why is that? I remember when I first heard of it, didn't really see the need for it, as I thought most tourist would have hotel accommodations and therefore not need it, thought it would be used mostly by married dudes in the afternoons, but it seems based on what Camaro reports it is packed in the late and over night hours, as well.
    Why should I limit myself to only one woman when I can have as many women as I want?
    George Gershwin

22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yayow View Post
    I am actually surprised that Dulce Secrets gets that full, seems to be happening more and more, ..... why is that? I remember when I first heard of it, didn't really see the need for it, as I thought most tourist would have hotel accommodations and therefore not need it, thought it would be used mostly by married dudes in the afternoons, but it seems based on what Camaro reports it is packed in the late and over night hours, as well.
    IDK why but has been full quite a few times I have gone especially on the weekends.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by camaro1257 View Post
    IDK why but has been full quite a few times I have gone especially on the weekends.
    Obviously a lot of fucking going on; at those late hours, I would guess there would be guys like yourself, not staying in Sosua, maybe Cabarete, Puerto Plata or other areas outside of Sosua, that find something they want, but have no desire to bring the chica to their place, or probably more to the point, don't want to be responsible for bringing the chica back to Sosua after they are done.

If I was staying in Puerto plata, the last thing I would want to do would have to worry about getting her back to Sosua, I know for certain I wouldn't be bringing them back, all I would be thinking about was to turn over and fall asleep.

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Maybe it's all those "pure" tourists that the powers that be are trying to get to come to Sosua to "clean" up the image. They don't want to be seen with those "prostitutes" at there hotel

But it could also be those that are staying at the AI's that can't get a chica at their hotel or the expat out for the night.

I think the local Dominicans probably use it to.

The only time I used it was when I had a girl that I was gonna hook up with who also worked at the hotel I was staying at and she didn't want anyone there to know what was going on.

28. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,791 Times in 353 Posts

Unfortunately Dulce Secreto and other cabañas are also used for nefarious purposes such as bringing a girl that doesn't "have" a cedula if you know what I mean.

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to quietcorner911 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by quietcorner911 View Post
    Unfortunately Dulce Secreto and other cabañas are also used for nefarious purposes such as bringing a girl that doesn't "have" a cedula if you know what I mean.
    yeah that makes sense, never thought of that

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 53,118 Times in 6,021 Posts

It get used by the guys who stay at the AI, I saw one of those Dominican translators walking a couple of guys explaining where it's located and how it works. May
    also be that their wives were in the AI hanging by the pool.
    We don't catch feelings, we catch flights.

34. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to tarzan For This Useful Post:

Thread Information