Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 03/2017 - RUMBA BAR

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Pictures 03/2017 - RUMBA BAR

Rumour has it I'm picking up my Night girl at RUMBAs.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to dirty rig hand For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,791 Times in 353 Posts

Re: RUMBA BAR

they are open..

5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to quietcorner911 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 29,716 Times in 4,467 Posts

Re: RUMBA BAR

Quote Originally Posted by quietcorner911 View Post
    they are open..

There is a video on Facebook announcing that it is open and they changed the tables and chairs. Blue and White plaid table cloths and Green Presidente Chairs. They also have some picnic type tables with cushioned bench seats.

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SrSuerte For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,106 Times in 4,436 Posts

Cool Re: 03/2017 - RUMBA BAR

Big fucking deal!

No, not the reporting. Thanks to those on the ground and in the know!

But all the bullshit. Like changing out the tables and chairs will mean anything...what a farce.

I know, I know...it's the DR and logic need not apply but GTFOOHAMMWTBS! The law and politicos fuck with people....because they can. Pathetic petty bullshit.

I would not open a business or buy one "under any circumstances"

Hats off to those that do and manage not to get handed their asses. Kudos!
    When you can think of yesterday without regret and tomorrow without fear, you are near contentment.
    Your opinions are not my problem...

9. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,973 Times in 2,414 Posts

Re: 03/2017 - RUMBA BAR

Is this for real this time? I posted about this from a rumor my friend heard a week or so and it was not real last time..

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LJDMV For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 20,452 Times in 1,785 Posts

https://www.facebook.com/jae9caveo/v...8371409549042/

https://www.facebook.com/jae9caveo/v...8371409549042/

It's was real. However, reports have be coming in this morning saying they were closed again by the police last night. What the fuck!!!

13. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Shogun Warrior For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 22,235 Times in 2,615 Posts

The night Rumba opened I was there. They had excellent chicken wings, but no chicas. Only chicas that could go in were the ones with a guy. I heard they were closed last night by the police as well. But even if they re-open, its unlikely to be like the old Rumbas we knew...at least for the near future... Sometimes the police are unsure about the paperwork, so they close the place until they can figure things out. Guess we will find out sometime next week or so.

Thanks
    Thanked 51,253 Times in 7,381 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jose1234 View Post
    The night Rumba opened I was there. They had excellent chicken wings, but no chicas. Only chicas that could go in were the ones with a guy. I heard they were closed last night by the police as well. But even if they re-open, its unlikely to be like the old Rumbas we knew...at least for the near future... Sometimes the police are unsure about the paperwork, so they close the place until they can figure things out. Guess we will find out sometime next week or so.
    First they were told to remove the tables and chairs from the sidewalk and they complied. Then they were told to enclose the premises from the outside world in order to prevent the tourists families that walk past by the score between the hours of 6 pm and 2 am not to see such risque shenanigans going on inside like men and women engaging in conversation over sodas and adult beverages, (nasty nasty) and they complied with darkening the windows and enclosing the open walled areas.

They even deported the gringo owner, a man who contributed enormous funds to local charities throughout the area for the benefit of the less fortunate. And suddenly he was gone.

Then after all that, they still are forcibly shut down by the local authorities, leaving the employees without a job and the city coffers going without the taxed revenue that Rumba provided via drink sales.

That about right? Up to the present day anyway?

As Charlie Brown might say, "Good grief".

16. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Smooth For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I never saw any police involved! But the old biker dude was there he told the workers to shut it down. pretty sure only because they had 4 customers at 10:00pm and 15 employees! So a nice soft opening. Guessing they will do this a couple times before customers start to fill the joint! Need girls and boys to make money!! Definitely need more bars more space for the girls to flow around this little neighbourhood!

18. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to dirty rig hand For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 114,003 Times in 10,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dirty rig hand View Post
    I never saw any police involved! But the old biker dude was there he told the workers to shut it down. pretty sure only because they had 4 customers at 10:00pm and 15 employees! So a nice soft opening. Guessing they will do this a couple times before customers start to fill the joint! Need girls and boys to make money!! Definitely need more bars more space for the girls to flow around this little neighbourhood!
    This wouldn't surprise me. I saw maybe eight people inside around 8:30 last night.
    Vida es buena....

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Irie For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Rumba Bar now a restaurant (Sosua News)

The Rumba Bar re-opened on Thursday, March 2nd. But now as a restaurant. The high tables with bar stools have been removed and have been replaced with tables and chairs. What has remained is the loud music, a kind of music our American friends seem to appreciate.

Rumba Bar

Why they play the music so loud in a restaurant doesn't seem to make much sense. Owner Robert Anechiarico (aka Bob) of the Rumba Bar had to leave the country in July 2014 on charges of promoting sex tourism in the Dominican Republic. Bob was known in Sosúa as a person with a great social heart. He supported many charitable organizations in Sosúa with substantial sums of money. We refer to: donation for the Christmas celebration for the children pf Maranatha, a sports field for Maranatha and large donations for disabled children of the Mustard Seed Foundation in Cangrejos. Many residents and tourists of Sosúa regret that Bob had to leave the country.

So the powers in Sosua are upset that rap/hip hop music is being played........... But right across the street, Latin music is on full blast at Premium Bar!!!

More of what Bob did in Sosua!

http://www.sosuanews.com/index.php?i...2873&article=1

http://www.sosuanews.com/index.php?id=3485&article=1

http://www.sosuanews.com/index.php?id=3109&article=1

http://www.sosuanews.com/index.php?id=3761&article=1

http://www.sosuanews.com/index.php?id=3545&article=1

http://www.sosuanews.com/index.php?id=2764&article=1
    Last edited by Shogun Warrior; 03-04-2017 at 04:13 PM.

22. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Shogun Warrior For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 34,226 Times in 2,769 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Siochana View Post
    Big fucking deal!

No, not the reporting. Thanks to those on the ground and in the know!

But all the bullshit. Like changing out the tables and chairs will mean anything...what a farce.

I know, I know...it's the DR and logic need not apply but GTFOOHAMMWTBS! The law and politicos fuck with people....because they can. Pathetic petty bullshit.

I would not open a business or buy one "under any circumstances"

Hats off to those that do and manage not to get handed their asses. Kudos!
    Ummmmmmm. Are you saying it is impossible to make money in the Dominican Republic???

I can tell you MANY bad things about doing business in the DR. However, you can make money. The reality is that most new businesses fail, even in the US. The two most popular businesses for a gringo to open is a restaurant and a bar. In the US, those two types of businesses have the lowest success rate. (Look it up.) It is no surprise that a gringo who comes to the DR with no business experience and opens up their dream bar or restaurant, fails within a year.

Thanks
    Thanked 34,226 Times in 2,769 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dirty rig hand View Post
    I will let you in on a secret. That old biker dude, Rick, is DOMINICAN. I am pretty sure his name is on the paperwork, making him the owner. (I do not know the exact business agreement between Rick and Bobby.)

25. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to dquick For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,379 Times in 7,663 Posts

If they're back to playing trap they can have the place. I won't step a foot in there. Can't stand that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Shogun Warrior View Post
    Rumba Bar now a restaurant (Sosua News)

The Rumba Bar re-opened on Thursday, March 2nd. But now as a restaurant. The high tables with bar stools have been removed and have been replaced with tables and chairs. What has remained is the loud music, a kind of music our American friends seem to appreciate.

Click to see pic Rumba Bar

Why they play the music so loud in a restaurant doesn't seem to make much sense. Owner Robert Anechiarico (aka Bob) of the Rumba Bar had to leave the country in July 2014 on charges of promoting sex tourism in the Dominican Republic. Bob was known in Sosúa as a person with a great social heart. He supported many charitable organizations in Sosúa with substantial sums of money. We refer to: donation for the Christmas celebration for the children pf Maranatha, a sports field for Maranatha and large donations for disabled children of the Mustard Seed Foundation in Cangrejos. Many residents and tourists of Sosúa regret that Bob had to leave the country.

So the powers in Sosua are upset that rap/hip hop music is being played........... But right across the street, Latin music is on full blast at Premium Bar!!!

More of what Bob did in Sosua!

http://www.sosuanews.com/index.php?i...2873&article=1

http://www.sosuanews.com/index.php?id=3485&article=1

http://www.sosuanews.com/index.php?id=3109&article=1

http://www.sosuanews.com/index.php?id=3761&article=1

http://www.sosuanews.com/index.php?id=3545&article=1

http://www.sosuanews.com/index.php?id=2764&article=1

27. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to The Sage For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 89,168 Times in 10,927 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
    If they're back to playing trap they can have the place. I won't step a foot in there. Can't stand that shit.
    ??????

All these new slang words the kids have nowadays......I've got no fucking clue!!!

29. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to TNT72 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 72,237 Times in 11,762 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT72 View Post
    ??????

All these new slang words the kids have nowadays......I've got no fucking clue!!!
    I just figure The Sage managed to fat-finger "playing crap." That's what so much of the newest music sounds like to me -- crap.

ON EDIT -- Okay, I Googled "trap music" and came up with this. I don't think I was wrong.

I'm still "Just A Lurker."

The Chinese virus infected the Western world with Chinese-style totalitarian politics. ​- Gladiator

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. – H. L. Mencken

31. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,106 Times in 4,436 Posts

Pictures Re: 03/2017 - RUMBA BAR

Don't care about the music but I could watch those chicas do they thing all day!

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    I just figure The Sage managed to fat-finger "playing crap." That's what so much of the newest music sounds like to me -- crap.

ON EDIT -- Okay, I Googled "trap music" and came up with this. I don't think I was wrong.

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Thanks

What's funky is the fact that it is still somewhat an open air bar. If you notice on the back wall to the left and in the front it is still open. Yes, the front view is blocked but loud music (of any type) can be heard clearly. I wonder if all this silliness is over the type of music that is played and the race of the customer that they attract. Meanwhile at City Lights, the bar down the street which is just as wide open..................IS NOT BEING FUCKED WITH. But they do play more Latin music. Bourbon Street only plays jazz makeovers.

Classicos & Merenge will play Hip Hop but both are factually behind glass doors and have air conditioning. Hell when you think about it, even Premium Bar & the Flame a.k.a. The Spot, a.k.a. The Winner's Circle, are also behind glass doors with air conditioning. Further, the brand new Blue Ice Bar is also behind glass doors with AC as well as Chez Mon Real. Club X, Merengue Bar & Classicos have all been totally enclosed in behind glass for quite some time now when you think about it.

Bar Central is currently enclosing their spot. It is probably already completed.

Who wants to make a bet that until Rhumba invests in total enclosure and air-conditioning then it might be a wrap till they do.
    Imágenes adjuntas Imágenes adjuntas
    Last edited by Shogun Warrior; 03-04-2017 at 10:23 PM.

35. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Shogun Warrior For This Useful Post:

ezsmile is offline Ten Year Member & Paid subscriber of I.S.O.C. & member of the Stash.
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,350 Times in 2,668 Posts

rap....RAP!!! but maybe they dont call it that anymore.....

37. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ezsmile For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,379 Times in 7,663 Posts

From Wikipedia

Trap music is defined by its ominous, bleak and gritty lyrical content which varies widely according to the artist. Typical lyrical themes portrayed include observations of hardship in the "trap," street life, poverty, violence and harsh experiences in urban inner city surroundings.

Trap music employs a heavy use of multi-layered hard-lined and melodic synthesizers; crisp, grimy, and rhythmic snares; deep 808 kick drums; double-time, triple-time and similarly divided hi-hats; and a cinematic and symphonic utilization of string, brass, woodwind, and keyboard instruments creating an overall dark, harsh, grim, and bleak atmosphere for the listener.[4][5][6][7] These primary characteristics would go on to be the signature sound of trap music originating from producer Shawty Redd. The tempo of a typical trap beat is around 140 BPM.[8]

39. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to The Sage For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information