Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 04/2017 - New guy

Thanks
    Thanked 97,678 Times in 17,146 Posts

Re: 04/2017 - New guy

Totally agree with Yayow and totally disagree with Grey...sorry Grey...

Sosua is far away better option for first timer with 2 buddies who dont speak spanish. SDQ is not really monger friendly at all. Sosua Sosua Sosua.....

Yeah good luck pulling from Avenue Venezuela...if you can even hear yourself think the music is so loud

Grey has head in sand on Sosua - he has never been there....get that head out Grey

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 87,562 Times in 8,809 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by whynotme View Post
    don't listen to those guys

just go straight to sosua and fuck your brains out............. lots of time for tourist shit when you are dead
    Yeah, I agree. Sosua is easy no brainer with minimal effort it's worth the bus ride. Santo Domingo can be challenging and Boca Chica does not have as many options as Sosua.

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yayow View Post
    This is good sounds like your son was a chip off the old block, sounds like he is the exception, someone we can all aspire to be like, just as you are, and we all aspire to be like you as well, because of your wit, intellect, and general knowledge. But as an observer of human nature, and through conversations with many when I lived in the capital, not all their experiences were as exhilarating as your son in the capital as a newbie, whereas many that went to Sosua, on their first reach had a much more enjoyable trip. Just saying. I believe going with the percentages is the best route, but again the ops choice, his trip, his money, his dick, his enjoyment.

Hopefully he becomes an active member here, and provides a trip report, looking forward to hearing his take on things, more knowledge for me, when counseling others in the future.
    Thank you for the heart felt words of encouragement. Our styles may differ but I respect how you roll and you do have a point that everybody won't like what I like. As far as my Son becoming a member, that won't happen. He's active LE and wisely avoids any and all social media contact. He's married now and settled into the family life....having said that, we're planning a joint venture to Morocco in 2018. Just he and I.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    - Benjamin Franklin

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    Totally agree with Yayow and totally disagree with Grey...sorry Grey...

Sosua is far away better option for first timer with 2 buddies who dont speak spanish. SDQ is not really monger friendly at all. Sosua Sosua Sosua.....

Yeah good luck pulling from Avenue Venezuela...if you can even hear yourself think the music is so loud

Grey has head in sand on Sosua - he has never been there....get that head out Grey
    Thanks but the intel I did for my 1st trip to the D.R. let me know that So-Sewer wasn't the place for me and that Santo Domingo would be perfect. Since then I've made every stop along the South Coast all the way to Bavaro and I keep coming back to where I started. I'm in town for 15 minutes and run into a dozen people I've known for years. I get antsy real quickly in small towns.

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 87,562 Times in 8,809 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by greydread View Post
    You are 31 years old which is exactly half my age. You speak decent Spanish which is a huuuge plus. The Capital is home to 1/3 of the population of the entire country. It's the size of Philadelphia and young Women flock there from every reach in search of finding their pot o' gold every day. The night clubs of Avenida Venezuela were built for guys like you. Dominicans party like it's 1999 every night of every week and the Capital is a young Man's paradise. Forget those beach Ho towns with their scammers and their hardened pro's and explore the best that the D.R. has to offer.

I took my Son to Santo Domingo when he was 28 and he was tossing Ho's like a juggler, getting laid 3-4 times a day and doing 3-somes like it was something he just invented. It's a young Man's town, don't listen to the rest of these old dirty bastards. Hang out at the malls and pick bed mates up for free. Just a little game goes a long way there and the allure of a young Gringo is the Gringo Lotto. You will find many fine, young Women willing to give it up just for a little amorous attention in hopes of whipping you into submission with their feminine wiles. Let them try. Grumpy old Men don't even remember being in your current position.
    I resent that comment...

Imágenes adjuntas Imágenes adjuntas

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by camaro1257 View Post
    I resent that comment...

Click to see pic
    Of course there are exceptions to every rule.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I will certainly be doing a detailed trip report. I think all first timers should do one. It helps rookies like me when we are planning our own first trips.

14. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Modiddly For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 62,154 Times in 9,135 Posts

Thank you for the heart felt words of encouragement. Our styles may differ but I respect how you roll and you do have a point that everybody won't like what I like. As far as my Son becoming a member, that won't happen. He's active LE and wisely avoids any and all social media contact. He's married now and settled into the family life....having said that, we're planning a joint venture to Morocco in 2018. Just he and I.

Actually was talking about the op, modiddly becoming an active member or better said a contributing member and giving his take on things.
    Why should I limit myself to only one woman when I can have as many women as I want?
    George Gershwin

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,364 Times in 78,283 Posts

Actually was talking about the op, modiddly becoming an active member or better said a contributing member and giving his take on things.
    Topic is going well.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thanks but the intel I did for my 1st trip to the D.R. let me know that So-Sewer wasn't the place for me and that Santo Domingo would be perfect. Since then I've made every stop along the South Coast all the way to Bavaro and I keep coming back to where I started. I'm in town for 15 minutes and run into a dozen people I've known for years. I get antsy real quickly in small towns.
    I had no intel and no internet when I first went.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    It was 2006. Internet was huuuuge.

Not like my 1st trips to SEA in the 70's when all intel was word of mouth and boots on the ground.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 62,154 Times in 9,135 Posts

And with your lack of Intel and Internet, where did you go? I think that answer would be Sosua! And from those early trips starting in 2004, if I am not mistaken, it spawned this ISOC. And created your brand! BRAVO! Not that, that matters. But there is no doubt, it is what it is!

24. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

And with your lack of Intel and Internet, where did you go? I think that answer would be Sosua! And from those early trips starting in 2004, if I am not mistaken, it spawned this ISOC. And created your brand! BRAVO! Not that, that matters. But there is no doubt, it is what it is!
    I landed in the Capital, checked into the Jarragua, walked up to a taxi and said "Chicas"

Off to the Casas we went.

I actually only spent one night in Sosua in 1997 and it sucked.

Off to Caberete until 2001.

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Not that, that matters. But there is no doubt, it is what it is!
    Started in 1997 when Caberete had 3 casas.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

My first 2 TLNs cane from Casa Teresa in the Capital.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

My first 2 TLNs cane from Casa Teresa in the Capital.
    Daam. My 1st as well. Then it was Lapsus and La Parada. Later it was the trek between the Ave. Independencia casas where I got side tracked by the free range Punani along what became the track. Non-aligned Mami's who didn't want to commit to Ho'ing but needed some extra cash. Then I started bumping into this type everywhere once I understood the rhythm of the island and came to the realization that among the working class there are very few Chicas who are off the shelf completely. With a few, we had to meet somewhere discreetly so they wouldn't be seen while other tried to move the fuck in with me

Bottom line is, the bigger the pond the more varied the experience and the greater the chance for a satisfying encounter.

32. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Daam. My 1st as well. Then it was Lapsus and La Parada. Later it was the trek between the Ave. Independencia casas where I got side tracked by the free range Punani along what became the track. Non-aligned Mami's who didn't want to commit to Ho'ing but needed some extra cash. Then I started bumping into this type everywhere once I understood the rhythm of the island and came to the realization that among the working class there are very few Chicas who are off the shelf completely. With a few, we had to meet somewhere discreetly so they wouldn't be seen while other tried to move the fuck in with me

Bottom line is, the bigger the pond the more varied the experience and the greater the chance for a satisfying encounter.
    They were goldmines back then.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,254 Times in 7,381 Posts

Modiddly, congrats and welcome to the board. Must say, these "newbie" threads in recent times never seem to last very long, usually less than a page until it flames out. But with your intro, shit.......you got guys reminiscing about their first time like they were all back at their high school reunion! 3 pages??? Damn, you are already off to a flying start with this crowd!

How long is your trip going to be? A week? Longer? Most here are steering you to Sosua. If your trip is a week, then fine, hit the bus, Gus, and you and your friends will have a blast. Thing is, with Sosua, instead of traveling all over the country to meet chicas from different areas, to include Santo Domingo, chances are you will meet them in Sosua, as a large percentage come from somewhere else.

One thing is for sure, you have definitely come to the right place on the web for info, as well as some highly entertaining back and forth with the guys here. A variety of opinions, viewpoints, a wealth of info about hotels, bars, restaurants and plenty of photographic evidence of the previous evenings encounters.

I think Jimmy is right, if you become a regular poster, then your current non-spanish speaking buddies will become background music and fall back a rank, as far as the traveling goes, and the guys here, even if being many years older, will form your new rank of friends and acquaintances. Pretty soon, you'll be buying each other beers and shit, and having your own, "Remember when" moments, and that connection will become solid.

First things first, read up on whats been written, take what you think will be useful and apply to you, discard what doesn't, then fly down and have yourself a helluva time.

And when you get back home, we will all be here ready and waiting for what you saw and did, and in doing so, relive our own first visit in our heads as if it was yesterday.

Safe travels and have a great time.

And welcome aboard again!

36. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Smooth For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smooth View Post
    Modiddly, congrats and welcome to the board. Must say, these "newbie" threads in recent times never seem to last very long, usually less than a page until it flames out. But with your intro, shit.......you got guys reminiscing about their first time like they were all back at their high school reunion! 3 pages??? Damn, you are already off to a flying start with this crowd!
    That's what a bunch of old dirty bastits do when they're too far apart to get a game of dominoes going

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smooth View Post
    I think Jimmy is right, if you become a regular poster, then your current non-spanish speaking buddies will become background music and fall back a rank, as far as the traveling goes, and the guys here, even if being many years older, will form your new rank of friends and acquaintances. Pretty soon, you'll be buying each other beers and shit, and having your own, "Remember when" moments, and that connection will become solid.

Safe travels and have a great time.

And welcome aboard again!
    How many guys jump in on an Invasion and before they know it, they have ten new travel buddies.

40. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information