Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 04/2017 - New guy

Thanks
    Thanked 1,367 Times in 205 Posts

Re: 04/2017 - New guy

Welcome to the board Mo! As many have said, Sosua remains the easiest place for point and click mongering. This is the perfect place for those who are new to the D.R. scene. You will find lots of like minded guys to hang with. A little Spanish goes a long way!! And to say that you will have to choose from hundreds of chicas, is probably an understatement!
    enjoy your visit!!

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to captain69 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I gotta say the anticipation is killing me! I haven't had a real vacation in a long time.

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Modiddly For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,973 Times in 2,414 Posts

What date are are you going to the Dominican Republic?

Quote Originally Posted by Modiddly View Post
    I gotta say the anticipation is killing me! I haven't had a real vacation in a long time.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LJDMV For This Useful Post:

Thanks

June 7th through the 12th. I know the dates are kind of weird, but it was the only way I could make the trip work with my work schedule.

8. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Modiddly For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,363 Times in 78,282 Posts

June 7th through the 12th. I know the dates are kind of weird, but it was the only way I could make the trip work with my work schedule.
    There are no weird dates in Mongerland.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 97,678 Times in 17,146 Posts

Where did you decide to go in DR?

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks

It's looking like Sosua for the most part although there is a high possibility that we will spend a day or two in the capital. Seeing as this is my first time as well as the people I am traveling with, I think Sosua will be a little easier to manage.

14. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Modiddly For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 20,125 Times in 3,033 Posts

Where are you planning on staying?
    Stop by the Britannia Pub on the main drag; the owner is a real nice guy and will be happy to help and connect you with other folks from the board..

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to CentralNJDude For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I'm actually in the process of looking at various hotels. I was told to stay at new garden, but I'm pretty much clueless as to where to stay.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Modiddly For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 72,237 Times in 11,762 Posts

I'm actually in the process of looking at various hotels. I was told to stay at new garden, but I'm pretty much clueless as to where to stay.
    I like Sosua Sunrise. I've stayed there a couple of times. It's a couple of blocks from "The Action" on Pedro Clisante, so it's reasonably quiet, but in less than five minutes you can walk to "The Strip." The kitchen is good, and breakfast and supper are included in the room rate. Plus, the owner/manager is a member of this board -- German, gruff, but a good guy.
    I'm still "Just A Lurker."

The Chinese virus infected the Western world with Chinese-style totalitarian politics. ​- Gladiator

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. – H. L. Mencken

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

That was where I stayed many times while I was in Sosua.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

It's looking like Sosua for the most part although there is a high possibility that we will spend a day or two in the capital. Seeing as this is my first time as well as the people I am traveling with, I think Sosua will be a little easier to manage.
    Just go with the flow.

Log on daily if you need to.

We are always here.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Maybe I can do a daily play by play from a new guys perspective. It might be helpful for all of the new guys looking for info. Well as long as I don't get distracted.......................

26. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Modiddly For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 72,237 Times in 11,762 Posts

Maybe I can do a daily play by play from a new guys perspective. It might be helpful for all of the new guys looking for info. Well as long as I don't get distracted.......................
    THIS IS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE ISOC FORUM.

Trip reports are the life-blood of this place. New-guy trip reports are especially valued, because (1) they show other new guys how it is to be on the scene as a new guy, and (2) they remind the old hands of their own new-guy days, which we appreciate.

The "daily play by play" is also valued, because there's a sense of freshness and immediacy that you may not get in a report written after the fact (or long after the fact).

If you can write a daily play-by-play of this first trip of yours to Sosua, we will really appreciate it!

28. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 49,149 Times in 7,404 Posts

mi did Boca Chica twice....2003 and 2006 mi think.......and then Sosua in 2009.....
    mi like both and Sosua was around it's peak when mi was there...just a gauntlet of pussy day and night....
    versus Boca Chica with beach pussy and gauntlet of pussy on the main drag at night.....
    mi personally like Boca better......beach is right behind the main drag.....and the layout is better than Sosua
    the girls of either place aren't any better than the other.....though on the weekends in Boca mi would see some Miss Dominican Republics
    these young college girls would show up on the weekends in Boca and make the difference for this guy......
    funny the regular girls on the strip would get pissed off when these college girls would show up....they couldn't or didn't want to compete with dem...lol

30. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to SeaWeed For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

We will get as much out of it as you are giving us

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,120 Times in 1,332 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by greydread View Post
    Unlike my Son on his 1st trip, our OP speaks Spanish and anyone not confined to a wheelchair can learn basic bachata in ten minutes. I was with two of my road dogs and the Kid was there with two of his and the 1st night we did the casa run, etc. but I guess we were moving too slow because for the rest of the week the young 'uns were off to the races and they were coming back to the hotel with new recruits 2 and 3 times a day. They hung out by the university, at the malls and he picked up clerk at Radio Shack, a couple waitresses and even ended up making a cabana run with the receptionist at our hotel. All this with no Spanish skills and no bachata skills. That experience was far from me leading him by the hand and more like me standing back in amazement as he and his buddies scooped up one after another fine Dominicana. He preferred dating to P4P as many youngsters do while I prefer to skip the 8 hours of bullshit and get right to it.

Like I said, Santo Domingo is roughly the size of Philly and the big city dynamic only varies so much from one to another. My boy is a South Jersey Kid and Philly is his stomping ground so he was very much at ease with the flow of Santo Domingo and we did take a side trip to Boca Chica but he and his buddies were itching to get back to the capital ASAP because they found our little beach Ho hideaway too slow, too boring for their taste. They were down for the excitement of the big city, the adventure of being in a foreign capital and the thrill of the chase. At their age I felt the same way but nowadays sitting at a table with a beer and watching the Chicas stroll by until I see one that I like suits me just fine.
    Preach, Brother!
    Rent it, Don't buy it! There's no warranty.

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BronxMoney For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    I had no intel and no internet when I first went.
    Did the dinosaurs get in the way? Or did you just peek around the legs?

Just sayin'

36. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to BronxMoney For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by greydread View Post
    Daam. My 1st as well. Then it was Lapsus and La Parada. Later it was the trek between the Ave. Independencia casas where I got side tracked by the free range Punani along what became the track. Non-aligned Mami's who didn't want to commit to Ho'ing but needed some extra cash. Then I started bumping into this type everywhere once I understood the rhythm of the island and came to the realization that among the working class there are very few Chicas who are off the shelf completely. With a few, we had to meet somewhere discreetly so they wouldn't be seen while other tried to move the fuck in with me

Bottom line is, the bigger the pond the more varied the experience and the greater the chance for a satisfying encounter.
    The internet and Tagged for me recently, makes for a verrrry large, well stocked pond, in deed!

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BronxMoney For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    I like Sosua Sunrise. I've stayed there a couple of times. It's a couple of blocks from "The Action" on Pedro Clisante, so it's reasonably quiet, but in less than five minutes you can walk to "The Strip." The kitchen is good, and breakfast and supper are included in the room rate. Plus, the owner/manager is a member of this board -- German, gruff, but a good guy.
    Love the Sunrise, but unfortunately , they may be closed for renovation by then. I was set to stay there in early July, but was informed by Wilifred they will be closed for renovation by then. You maybe able to slide in under the wire in early June, but call soon to find out. Best of luck and a big welcome to the clubhouse!

40. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BronxMoney For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information