Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: 04/2017 - New guy

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,120 Times in 1,332 Posts

Re: 04/2017 - New guy

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    THIS IS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE ISOC FORUM.

Trip reports are the life-blood of this place. New-guy trip reports are especially valued, because (1) they show other new guys how it is to be on the scene as a new guy, and (2) they remind the old hands of their own new-guy days, which we appreciate.

The "daily play by play" is also valued, because there's a sense of freshness and immediacy that you may not get in a report written after the fact (or long after the fact).

If you can write a daily play-by-play of this first trip of yours to Sosua, we will really appreciate it!
    Or at the least, make daily notes for your trip report later. Trust me, my 1st real trip was last year and it was amazing. My trip report was the "Scammer and the stalker". There was soooooooo much going on, without notes, it would be impossible to recreate. Newbie wisdom! Lol!!
    Rent it, Don't buy it! There's no warranty.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to BronxMoney For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 72,263 Times in 11,768 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BronxMoney View Post
    Love the Sunrise, but unfortunately , they may be closed for renovation by then. I was set to stay there in early July, but was informed by Wilifred they will be closed for renovation by then. You maybe able to slide in under the wire in early June, but call soon to find out. Best of luck and a big welcome to the clubhouse!
    Damn, that's inconvenient for the would-be visitor ... but "closed for renovation" suggests that they pulled in enough money to pay for the renovations, and that Wilfred sees that the renovations will pay for themselves, and then some, in the future. Good for him, good for them!

I do sort-of hope that he won't "renovate-out" the classic wood shutters on the pool-side of the rooms. They add a lot of character to the place, and glass walls and sliding doors just wouldn't have the same charm. (But I'd like it if he re-keyed the poolside doors so we could lock and unlock them.)

Who am I kidding? It won't matter to me, if I keep on doing my mongering in Southeast Asia.
    I'm still "Just A Lurker."

The Chinese virus infected the Western world with Chinese-style totalitarian politics. ​- Gladiator

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. – H. L. Mencken

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

Or at the least, make daily notes for your trip report later. Trust me, my 1st real trip was last year and it was amazing. My trip report was the "Scammer and the stalker". There was soooooooo much going on, without notes, it would be impossible to recreate. Newbie wisdom! Lol!!
    Daily notes are the best.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Did the dinosaurs get in the way? Or did you just peek around the legs?

Just sayin'
    There were no simps either to get in the way.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

The internet and Tagged for me recently, makes for a verrrry large, well stocked pond, in deed!
    I have been sort of pre-gaming on tagged to A. get a feel for the girls there. and B. work on my Spanish. It definitely helps because the Spanish they speak is slightly different than the traditional Spanish that I was taught. Also, the girls seem, I don't know how to say this without being rude, but not so bright......lol. At least the ones I have been talking too.

10. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Modiddly For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 89,168 Times in 10,927 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Modiddly View Post
    I have been sort of pre-gaming on tagged to A. get a feel for the girls there. and B. work on my Spanish. It definitely helps because the Spanish they speak is slightly different than the traditional Spanish that I was taught. Also, the girls seem, I don't know how to say this without being rude, but not so bright......lol. At least the ones I have been talking too.

It's best to keep the mindset of dealing with a 12 year old child. The girls love to watch cartoons too.

12. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to TNT72 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TNT72 View Post

It's best to keep the mindset of dealing with a 12 year old child. The girls love to watch cartoons too.

A 12 year old child that will pounce on any chance to wrap you around their pinkie and get that WU going........

14. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to TNT72 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,267 Times in 7,383 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SeaWeed View Post
    mi did Boca Chica twice....2003 and 2006 mi think.......and then Sosua in 2009.....
    mi like both and Sosua was around it's peak when mi was there...just a gauntlet of pussy day and night....
    versus Boca Chica with beach pussy and gauntlet of pussy on the main drag at night.....
    mi personally like Boca better......beach is right behind the main drag.....and the layout is better than Sosua
    the girls of either place aren't any better than the other.....though on the weekends in Boca mi would see some Miss Dominican Republics
    these young college girls would show up on the weekends in Boca and make the difference for this guy......
    funny the regular girls on the strip would get pissed off when these college girls would show up....they couldn't or didn't want to compete with dem...lol
    Since it's been so long for you, during your next break from JA, why don't you schedule a 4 day weekend to BC and see how things are today?

Give you something to look forward to during your 3 month stretches in Tampa. I would think flights into SDQ would be in the same ballpark as MoBay.

Ever consider it or is Negril the only place you have a desire to go anymore?

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Smooth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,949 Times in 4,636 Posts

Still laying down great advice for newb's....

For a guy who never been to the D.R. Sosua seems the likely cherry pop....

Quote Originally Posted by yayow View Post
    I live in Boca Chica and have for about the last 5 years, I always recommend to newbies to go to Sosua, you will enjoy yourself more in my opinion. More to do, more like minded people there, Boca Chica is better for a seasoned veteran that has been around the block a few times, and then wants to try something different. Same for Santo Domingo lived there four years before moving to Boca. My first year in the country I lived in Sosua as well, so I have lived in all three places that has been mentioned, and trust me, Sosua will be better for what you are looking for as a first timer.

When I was just a visitor before retiring and moving down, always enjoyed Sosua, did that for at least 4 years before retiring and moving to the DR. Trust your friend's recommendation and do Sosua! After a few years visiting then try the capital and eventually Boca Chica. I am in my 10th year living in country and this is the same advice, I would give any newbie or relative newbie.

18. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Hemp For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 87,562 Times in 8,809 Posts

...bienvenidos a la Republica Dominicana...

Imágenes adjuntas Imágenes adjuntas

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

You wll hear things come from their mouths that is UNBELIEVABLE!!!

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 72,263 Times in 11,768 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    You wll hear things come from their mouths that is UNBELIEVABLE!!!
    And frequently, in view of the variance between DR Spanish and King Juan Carlos' Castilian, INCOMPREHENSIBLE!!!

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

You will find that on average they are poorly educated but very street smart or clever. It's how the rich have kept the poor that way and maintained the status quo since colonial times....and how the poor have managed to survive on little more than a hope and a prayer in a mostly stand still economy.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    - Benjamin Franklin

26. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by greydread View Post
    You will find that on average they are poorly educated but very street smart or clever. It's how the rich have kept the poor that way and maintained the status quo since colonial times....
    Hangout enough there and they lose that edge as well.

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    And frequently, in view of the variance between DR Spanish and King Juan Carlos' Castilian, INCOMPREHENSIBLE!!!
    They dont say much to begin with.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Everything will change if you are single, it will be a complete change.

After your first trip, you will want to return.

You will meet other members and some will go onto be your buddy for many years to come.

32. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,949 Times in 4,636 Posts

That was and is the favorite part for me! Me and Moshy2k talk just about everyday after meeting on a trip over 10 years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    Everything will change if you are single, it will be a complete change.

After your first trip, you will want to return.

You will meet other members and some will go onto be your buddy for many years to come.

34. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Hemp For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 97,678 Times in 17,146 Posts

You guys could hit it perfect if the new mega disco high caribe is open when you get to Sosua .......sweet timing...

36. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 113,285 Times in 14,580 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    You guys could hit it perfect if the new mega disco high caribe is open when you get to Sosua .......sweet timing...
    Or horrible timing if they get there and find most of the bars on the strip closed

Everything they have been reading about and it's all closed.
    Kinda like Chevy Chase when he got to Walleyworld.
    I am the pussy licker ​Let's have some fun. Not invisible. Snitches are pathetic little people!
    Disclaimer. This post may not be in response to a post by Greybaby. So Greybaby doesn't need to cry about it. Rover has you pegged to a T

38. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by j_d66 View Post
    Or horrible timing if they get there and find most of the bars on the strip closed

Everything they have been reading about and it's all closed.
    Kinda like Chevy Chase when he got to Walleyworld.
    All that as under one roof? No fucking way they'll care about the strip

40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TNT72 For This Useful Post:

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information