Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 05/2017 - High Caribbean Disco

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Re: 05/2017 - High Caribbean Disco

Say what we want about AD ( personally i dont talk to the guy anymore, for my own reasons)

But IF he opens up, which he stated in no uncertain terms he would, right after he got bought out at Hi Carib..
    If he opens... The place will be PACKED,, absolutely PACKED..

Lets see what he does to keep from getting shut down again...

If they do shut him down, then they are messing with him...
    But it just COULD work for him this time ..

He has got this down to a Science.. ( opening up, getting Momentum and a Crowd )
    that NO one can Deny...

Rancho , could be what D'Latin was, in terms of a Packed Crowd .. ..
    Different business model,, but it could easily get that kind of momentum going.
    The MUSIC & Dancing are the Key.. PLAY DOM MUSIC.. NOT American Music.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,406 Times in 795 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JD426 View Post
    Say what we want about AD ( personally i dont talk to the guy anymore, for my own reasons)

But IF he opens up, which he stated in no uncertain terms he would, right after he got bought out at Hi Carib..
    If he opens... The place will be PACKED,, absolutely PACKED..

Lets see what he does to keep from getting shut down again...

If they do shut him down, then they are messing with him...
    But it just COULD work for him this time ..

He has got this down to a Science.. ( opening up, getting Momentum and a Crowd )
    that NO one can Deny...

Rancho , could be what D'Latin was, in terms of a Packed Crowd .. ..
    Different business model,, but it could easily get that kind of momentum going.
    The MUSIC & Dancing are the Key.. PLAY DOM MUSIC.. NOT American Music.
    I think the place will be exactly what it was before he was shut down. I don't think it will be more than that. He will have good week nights and absolutely great weekend ones. I am pretty sure he will keep the same business model as before and he will keep attracting mostly local expats so his numbers will roughly be the same
    follow my Negril trip report at http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?429348-07-2014-I-am-back-in-the-saddle-again-El-Cristo-Negril-trip-report

Sometimes we fuck up...and life is so much better that way...

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to QueGuapo For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,382 Times in 13,907 Posts

I just want to know who is this "Anelta" girl he's got doing a lot of Facebook promotion?

That's one fine little filly he's got there. Anybody know anything about her?

If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

6. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 29,784 Times in 2,952 Posts

Laughing Re: 05/2017 - High Caribbean Disco

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    I just want to know who is this "Anelta" girl he's got doing a lot of Facebook promotion?

That's one fine little filly he's got there. Anybody know anything about her?

Click to see pic
    Yup! Jjjjjjjj

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to WickedWillie For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 76,190 Times in 8,046 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillie View Post
    Yup! Jjjjjjjj

Please tell🙏
    If she is alive, she will fuck.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tiger For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,382 Times in 13,907 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillie View Post
    Yup! Jjjjjjjj

She's quite the looker. Beautiful smile too.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,746 Times in 290 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by captain69 View Post
    The sign at the old Rancho Tipico says they will open tomorrow the 13th. We will soon see who will last. There is not enough action in town at this time of the year to keep all of these clubs going.
    I'm sure there're many many on this board, who are jumping up and down, cheering and doing cartwheels at this news. Why? I don't know. But hey, to each his own.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Al Nyc For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Al Nyc View Post
    I'm sure there're many many on this board, who are jumping up and down, cheering and doing cartwheels at this news. Why? I don't know. But hey, to each his own.
    Probably because those people ( me included) think that Rancho Tipico was the best club in town with some local flavor and some good music to dance to.
    I am certaintly not interested in going to the Caribbean and listening to hip hop in an enclosed disco with a bunch of guys roaming around in groups of 5/6 and thinking they are the coolest in the world...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,796 Times in 355 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ElCristo View Post
    Probably because those people ( me included) think that Rancho Tipico was the best club in town with some local flavor and some good music to dance to.
    I am certaintly not interested in going to the Caribbean and listening to hip hop in an enclosed disco with a bunch of guys roaming around in groups of 5/6 and thinking they are the coolest in the world...
    Exactly!!! if I want to listen to thug life music and hang with a bunch of dudes dressed in their "gear" trying to pretend that they own the place then I'll go to N.Y.,I've lived in Sosua for two years and haven't stepped foot in Classicos once,wherever Ad is running the place is where you'll find me and I hate the guy,but the vibe in his places are what I'm looking for.

17. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to quietcorner911 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by quietcorner911 View Post
    Exactly!!! if I want to listen to thug life music and hang with a bunch of dudes dressed in their "gear" trying to pretend that they own the place then I'll go to N.Y.,I've lived in Sosua for two years and haven't stepped foot in Classicos once,wherever Ad is running the place is where you'll find me and I hate the guy,but the vibe in his places are what I'm looking for.
    Yep!!
    you don't have to be friend to the owner to apreciate the place. I could not stand Peter either but Passion was packed with a lot of beautiful girls and I certainly had fun in there...

19. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to QueGuapo For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Yep!!
    you don't have to be friend to the owner to apreciate the place. I could not stand Peter either but Passion was packed with a lot of beautiful girls and I certainly had fun in there...

Peter could be very Nice to you, or a total Prick... depending on who knows what ..
    But he owned and Ran the most EPIC CLUB of all time in Sosua.. Nothing has ever even come Close ..
    I firmly believe if he did not go all Leather Couch and Fish tank, and stayed with the Old Thatched Roof theme... maybe he would still be there to this day ..
    He jumped the Shark with that shit and everyone saw the end coming , long before he did .

I really really miss The Old Passions . It was one of a kind, and anyone who got to experience it will never forget it .

I dont think Ads place is anywhere near that level, or ever will be .. Not even that kind of club, obviously.

But i can see how you guys got so attached to your little spot ...

21. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

i too detested hip hop in Sosua. My previous blog from several year ago bashed D'Latin for playing too much hip hop. Now as for Rancho Tipico, been there twice and it had a Haitian vibe to it. Haitian motoconcho guys outside the place, a Haitian hustler/ doorman asking for tip, inside the place was a music video player playing Haitian music, they did not play any Latin music at all when I visited. The clientele was white Europeans guys with Haitian girls and the girls that was hanging around were not that attractive at all. But hey to each his own.

23. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Al Nyc For This Useful Post:

Thanks

i too detested hip hop in Sosua. My previous blog from several year ago bashed D'Latin for playing too much hip hop. Now as for Rancho Tipico, been there twice and it had a Haitian vibe to it. Haitian motoconcho guys outside the place, a Haitian hustler/ doorman asking for tip, inside the place was a music video player playing Haitian music, they did not play any Latin music at all when I visited. The clientele was white Europeans guys with Haitian girls and the girls that was hanging around were not that attractive at all. But hey to each his own.
    You must have been there in two weird nights..
    usually the music is 10% nord american (Village People, Eagles, rihanna, 50 cents) and the rest is about 50/50 hatian and dominican with few hints of Salsa.
    I juts came back from my night there and the music reflected excatly what I said. i dances some bachata, some kompa and had a lot of fun.
    As far as the croud I would say that there is about 50 % of European and 50% of north american and the hatians and dominicans. The witresses were about 60% haitians and 40% dominicans...

25. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to QueGuapo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,271 Times in 7,384 Posts

From just reading these last posts, it seems to the distant observer that the many patrons who missed Rancho Tipico while it was closed were just chomping at the bit when news broke that Ad was going to give RT another go.

And with the eyewitness reports of an enthusiastic crowd, lots of music that gets people off their ass and onto the dance floor, the mixture of NA and Euro crowd, the makeup of the staff including Haitianas, seems like nothing changed from before.

High Caribe, and maybe City Lights, might be on respirators with RT back in action. Lets hope that Ad, whatever your feelings about him, can be allowed to keep this place going. He obviously attracts a lot of expats, who feel a comfort level there, as well as having a nice mix of chicas, both on staff and as patrons themselves.

Plus, any joint that gets Seville out of his humble abode, gets 2 thumbs up!

27. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Smooth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 12,005 Times in 983 Posts

How funny would it be if after sinking a fair amount of investors cash into City Lights and High Caribbean only to be kicked out of both, if Ad were to be successful enough with RT to shut the others down and wind up in control of all three clubs.

29. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ramair4 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

You must have been there in two weird nights..
    usually the music is 10% nord american (Village People, Eagles, rihanna, 50 cents) and the rest is about 50/50 hatian and dominican with few hints of Salsa.
    I juts came back from my night there and the music reflected excatly what I said. i dances some bachata, some kompa and had a lot of fun.
    As far as the croud I would say that there is about 50 % of European and 50% of north american and the hatians and dominicans. The witresses were about 60% haitians and 40% dominicans...
    Village People, the Eagles, Rihanna,50 cent? At RT? Never ever heard that the 2 time I visited. Maybe the 2 times I visited must have been Haitian night or something.

31. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Al Nyc For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 114,003 Times in 10,353 Posts

Village People, the Eagles, Rihanna,50 cent? At RT? Never ever heard that the 2 time I visited. Maybe the 2 times I visited must have been Haitian night or something.
    El Cristo is 100% correct in his evaluation.

it is quite possible you are correct too in the nights you visited. Iirc, Ad was doing Haitian nights for quite a while. Sunday's or Monday's, I think.
    Vida es buena....

33. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Irie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 20,128 Times in 3,034 Posts

Many a good times there with the BM's.. Glad he was able to open it back up.

35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CentralNJDude For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 1,038 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CentralNJDude View Post
    Many a good times there with the BM's.. Glad he was able to open it back up.
    You better go check it out fast because it's not going to last long. Hope I'm wrong because they did a nice job inside.

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gutter Meat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 1,038 Posts

Whats the latest with high carib?

39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gutter Meat For This Useful Post:

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread Information