Thread: 05/2017 - Casa de Campo, La Romana

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 87,562 Times in 8,809 Posts

05/2017 - Casa de Campo, La Romana

Casa de Campo, La Romana.

Casa de Campo is one of the Dominican Republic's premier resorts it's reputation precedes its self as a entertainment venue, golfing destination, hotel and property with wealthy residences. When you are on the property it is obvious a lot of money was invested as well as the guest and people who live there are generally people of means.The venue is in fact beautiful and enjoyed my stay there.

Casa de Campo is in La Romana. La Romana is in between San Pedro de Marcoris and Punta Cana on the South Coast of the Dominican Republic.

Security at Casa de Campo

My greatest lasting impression of Casa de Campo was how tight security is. When you arrive on property you are stopped at the front gate and asked to show your identification as well as proof of your reservation. Guest and residents have different gates. Residents simply have a swipe card and can enter the property in-hindered however guest are asked a series of questions as well as required to permit security to look in the back seat of your vehicle.***Apparently previous guest have tried to sneak chicas on the property.

Where ever you are on the property there is a strong security presence.

Casa de Campo is NOT chica friendly

Once you check-in they give you an identification card with your name on it. I booked 2 separate reservations for 2 separate days because the plan was to check out with one chic and a few hours later check in with another chic that I previously knew from La Romana. When I checked out I checked in again and tried to add the second chics name to my registration which they permitted but they would not give me a guest identification card with her name on it, they said security at the front gate would have to authorize her to come onto the property.

I went to security at the front gate and showed them a copy of her cedula but they refused to let her enter the property. It appears as if my error was not making the registration with the chicas names in question on the reservation and not checking in with them. How security enforces their policies is subjective and totally up to them I was at a loss because I already paid for my rooms both days after I found the discrepancy.

I made the best of a bad situation by taking my dates to dinner and a cabana off property both days.

This situation was a massive inconvenience for me however I think I understand the reasoning behind their actions since they have had so many problems with strange chicas, in any event it's water under the bridge at this point. I went around and round in circles with management and security but they would NOT budge!

The grounds and the entire property is well kept

Lodging

There are residential villas and several different classes of hotel rooms on the property

Prices vary because there are almost always internet specials available. Prices also vary depending on the season and what entertainment is available on the property. For example when Jennifer Lopez was performing on the property prices were very high.

I had a basic room and paid a little less than $200.00 per night.

Food

There are several restaurants on the property and depending on the plan you purchase they are all inclusive. I did not partake because I spent most of my time off property with my dates.

I did order room service for breakfast one morning.

A breakfast that I would have normally paid 500 pesos for was 1300 pesos...yessssssssssssssssssur 1300 pesos YIKES! I am glad my dates weren't with me...lol!
    Imágenes adjuntas Imágenes adjuntas

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: Casa de Campo, La Romana

The mini-bar

My room had a mini-bar

The mini-bar is not for the TACANO...cheapy cheapy...lol! Almost every item was 3 times retail in stores.

Room Amenities

I have had serious WIFI issues in various hotels I have visited in the Dominican Republic but that was not an issue here, the WIFI was very strong. There were cable stations with a flat screen television although I did not partake.

I was really impressed with the robe and slippers, I do not believe I have ever see that at any of the hotels I have visited in the Dominican Republic

4. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,561 Times in 1,572 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by camaro1257 View Post
    The mini-bar

My room had a mini-bar

Click to see picClick to see pic

The mini-bar is not for the TACANO...cheapy cheapy...lol! Almost every item was 3 times retail in stores.

Room Amenities

I have had serious WIFI issues in various hotels I have visited in the Dominican Republic but that was not an issue here, the WIFI was very strong. There were cable stations with a flat screen television although I did not partake.

I was really impressed with the robe and slippers, I do not believe I have ever see that at any of the hotels I have visited in the Dominican Republic

Click to see pic
    Where you able to keep them as a gift?

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rahsta For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: 05/2017 - Casa de Campo, La Romana

All guest get golf carts

The property is so humongous that all guest are assigned golf carts when they sign in

The golf cart incident

Since Casa de Campo guest have golf carts I decided to use it when my first chica arrived at the security gate to go pick her up and MANNNNNNNNNNNNN was that a mistake! First of all they are too slow and the distance from where we both were was entirely too far. Second there are certain parts of the property that you are not supposed to drive the golf cart.

I later discovered I drove past the sign "No golf carts" uhmmmmm durrrrrrrrrrrah...lol! Anyways halfway there security pulls me over and send me back...CONYO! Now I have to go back and get my vehicle and of course I get lost because the property is so big and I have no map.

Of course it would not have mattered because security was not going to let her on the property in the first place.

8. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rahsta View Post
    Where you able to keep them as a gift?
    No they were for use while there but for sale if you wanted to leave with them as souvenirs. I did not bother to ask how much they were, given how expensive everything else was I'd figure I'd have to rob a bank to pay for them...ROTFL!

10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Venue facilities

The venue has an area for concerts, golf, gymnasium, equestrian park, marina, pools, various restaurants and of course its own private beach

I enjoyed my room and the grounds but I did not visit everything on the property due to my security situation which led me off the property with my chicas. Overall it's expensive but a great venue and a diversion for those who like that type of activity.

The staff were excellent and many spoke English. For me the distance from Puerto Plata to La Romana and the expense makes it a place I would not visit on a regular basis, but I wouldn't mind spending a special occasion with the right chica there so I could enjoy the entirety of the venue.

12. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 62,154 Times in 9,135 Posts

Casa de Campo, La Romana.

Security at Casa de Campo

My greatest lasting impression of Casa de Campo was how tight security is. When you arrive on property you are stopped at the front gate and asked to show your identification as well as proof of your reservation. Guest and residents have different gates. Residents simply have a swipe card and can enter the property in-hindered however guest are asked a series of questions as well as required to permit security to look in the back seat of your vehicle.***Apparently previous guest have tried to sneak chicas on the property.

Where ever you are on the property there is a strong security presence.

Casa de Campo is NOT chica friendly

Once you check-in they give you an identification card with your name on it. I booked 2 separate reservations for 2 separate days because the plan was to check out with one chic and a few hours later check in with another chic that I previously knew from La Romana. When I checked out I checked in again and tried to add the second chics name to my registration which they permitted but they would not give me a guest identification card with her name on it, they said security at the front gate would have to authorize her to come onto the property.

I went to security at the front gate and showed them a copy of her cedula but they refused to let her enter the property. It appears as if my error was not making the registration with the chicas names in question on the reservation and not checking in with them. How security enforces their policies is subjective and totally up to them I was at a loss because I already paid for my rooms both days after I found the discrepancy.

I made the best of a bad situation by taking my dates to dinner and a cabana off property both days.

This situation was a massive inconvenience for me however I think I understand the reasoning behind their actions since they have had so many problems with strange chicas, in any event it's water under the bridge at this point. I went around and round in circles with management and security but they would NOT budge!

The grounds and the entire property is well kept

........lol!

Have my own security story regarding casa de campo as well, as I was supposed to be spending a night there a few days prior to Camaro. The problem with me is I am not as calm as Camaro, which would cause me my own problems. .... more of that to come in my most recent thread, as not to hijack his thread with my issues. 😝😝😝😨😨😨😲😲😲😤😤😤😤
    Why should I limit myself to only one woman when I can have as many women as I want?
    George Gershwin

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 97,678 Times in 17,146 Posts

Great info. Thanks Cam. If you had the exact name of your chica is ONE girl allowed? correct? So you can bring an 18 year old barrio chica as long as you have her exact name? Just using the 18 year old as example??

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    Great info. Thanks Cam. If you had the exact name of your chica is ONE girl allowed? correct? So you can bring an 18 year old barrio chica as long as you have her exact name? Just using the 18 year old as example??
    When I made the reservation on line I should have included her name, in that case she would have received a identification card to enter the property. In addition it would have helped if I signed in with her when I arrived. They asked for my ID when I initially arrived so as long as the chica has her cedula and she has previously been registered it should not be a problem.

I suspect the problem was that many people like me book for 2 and bring various chicas which has caused problems in the past. I was told that this is the policy of other high end resorts also.

18. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 31,164 Times in 5,857 Posts

Thanks, Camaro. How in your view the residents and long term renters solve the issue of occasional visitors?
    ‘Forbear to judge, for we are sinners all’

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to questner For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by questner View Post
    Thanks, Camaro. How in your view the residents and long term renters solve the issue of occasional visitors?
    I really don't know, however residents have a separate gate and are not stopped by security so I imagine that is how they get a pass.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,377 Times in 13,906 Posts

I really don't know, however residents have a separate gate and are not stopped by security so I imagine that is how they get a pass.
    They have different areas with different levels of security that even applies to residents.

You can own a villa there, but you're not getting close to the areas where the richest of the rich have their villas, unless you buy a villa next door to one of them. And even if you could, that doesn't guarantee you would be permitted to buy one.

It's the same as some of the towers on Ave. Anacaona. Lots of moneyed folks have tried to buy luxury apartments but have been blocked by resident associations. Mr. and Mrs. Moneyfolks don't want a millionaire baseball chopo living next door.
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 31,164 Times in 5,857 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    They have different areas with different levels of security that even applies to residents.

You can own a villa there, but you're not getting close to the areas where the richest of the rich have their villas, unless you buy a villa next door to one of them. And even if you could, that doesn't guarantee you would be permitted to buy one.

It's the same as some of the towers on Ave. Anacaona. Lots of moneyed folks have tried to buy luxury apartments but have been blocked by resident associations. Mr. and Mrs. Moneyfolks don't want a millionaire baseball chopo living next door.
    Ouch!

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to questner For This Useful Post:

Thread Information