Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 05/2017 - Juan Dolio - May 2017

Thanks
    Thanked 97,678 Times in 17,146 Posts

05/2017 - Juan Dolio - May 2017

Overview

I promised Cam I would put something up on Juan Dolio.....so here is what I have. Yayow might add things. I am only going by what I learned in 4 days. He knows much more.

Spent 4 nights in Juan Dolio this last trip. WHY did Hunter go there? I dont know...I like to explore new places - u know me.

My plan was to import girls from San Pedro and LaRomana. San Pedro is just the next town over and only 15 minutes away. That plan was a complete disaster. Getting girls from both those places was total pain in the ass. I dont have money. How do I get there? Send me money for transport. I dont know Juan Dolio. How do I get there? lol...on and on....I finally just gave up and shopped retail in Juan Dolio....

Juan Dolio is a real nice area with huge hotels and smaller ones. There are two main areas. Old Juan Dolio and New Juan Dolio. New Juan Dolio has these huge hotels and real high end condos. I only went by there a little on a moto. The money stays in New Juan Dolio....

Old Juan Dolio is where I stayed. It starts where the big AI Casa Caribe starts down to where I stayed in the town area of Old Juan Dolio. The beach where I stayed at is the main beach in Old Juan Dolio. Real clean beach and big waves. Much cleaner than Boca. Very windy compared to Boca. Nice sand. Not too many higglers...but enough....

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks

Re: Juan Dolio - May 2017

Hotel

Stayed at D' Franchesis Hostal . This is not a hostel-lol... It is hotel with apartment type rooms.

My room was excellent. Nice bed and good TV with many channels. AC was loud and cold for haitian.... I got room where I could see ocean though far away. There was pool there that I never went in.

CHICA Friendly. Guard is cool and doesnt check ID not that I was going under 18..... Be careful with Hotels in Juan Dolio especially the AIs because they might not be chica friendly.

Booking.com link:

https://www.booking.com/hotel/do/d-3...is-hostal.html

Thanks

Old Juan Dolio Nightlife and Food

Old Juan Dolio was DEAD the time I was there. Crickets...lol....There were 3 smoking gringas on the beach during day but that was about it.

The area just DIES after Easter. I was talking to bar owner and he said its like Jaimaica and has that Nov - Easter busy time and then just dies.

ZERO hookers around. I did see a couple hoodrats that were fat and ugly thats about it....lol....

The food is all Italian. What a shock...pizza in DR...lmao. Las Seunos was excellent Italian food with older Italian lady running the place. Funny seeing her come out and talk to the Italian customers...WTF - they get free apps

Thanks

Did Hunter get laid

Took Monday off after wild 3 days in capital. Wasnt looking too promising. I was hanging on beach and massage lady gave me pedicure....She says she has young flaca sister.

15 minutes later flaca Haitain is at my side. Real hot body and nice breasts. Her face had a little acne but beggars cant be choosers. She ended up the 3 day wifey. Very GFE and definietly not a pro. Sweet girl. One day I came back from golf and she was waiting at my place outside like a stalker...lol...is it love or money. She had her 18 year old freind...hot...though the 3some never materialized....

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

Playa Publico in Juan Dolio is a strong swimmer's delight. No reef. waves come crashing in and undertow is strong.

Why didn't you check out the C de C spots that Yayow posted about? There is no shortage of Punani, you just have to go where it is...
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    - Benjamin Franklin

7. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Golf

Played 9 holes at Metro Course in Juan Dolio. Very easy course. The one you want to play is Guanaveler...or something like that. Yayow plays it alot.

Its a rip if you dont have clubs....100 bucks plus 20 for caddie...rip....Yayow has card you can get to play for cheaper....get that if you play the real expensive courses

9. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by greydread View Post
    Playa Publico in Juan Dolio is a strong swimmer's delight. No reef. waves come crashing in and undertow is strong.

Why didn't you check out the C de C spots that Yayow posted about? There is no shortage of Punani, you just have to go where it is...
    I just stayed in Juan Dolio...didnt have car....

Yeah that undertow looked scary...i was careful swimming.

11. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Night out exploring

Thursday night took the Haitian exploring after dinner at las suenos.....

First stop was Chocolatie. That is right near caribe....supposed to be chicas there. Crickets...lol....not one person.

Then went to the area around Banco Popular. That is where a disco is on the weekends. Had a beer there but the disco wasnt going because its the weekend. They have outside bars that had a beer....

Then went to BRENDAs....that is the only casa now in Juan Dolio.....

Went in and place was dead. Two big girls and a hot one. Had a lot of fun getting lap dances and having them get on stage with dollars etc. The one was hot...blonde hair and not body. I would have taken her if Haitian not with me.

Brendas is the local name...the sign says something different. If you are in Dolio just say take me to Brendas. Its in New Juan Dolio....

Thanks

Cam in Dolio

Having happy hour drink in Dolio and I swear Cam is next to me. Glasses and everything...lol....This guy is 58 retired corrections officer. Been to DR bunch of times. Still seemed kinda naive.

He is livin large....Renting $1700 a month condo in one of those expensive big buildings in NEw Juan Dolio. Sweet pool etc. He says some absolute smokers stay there. High end babes and there sugar daddies.

I told him wait a year before you buy. He is thinking of buying. That is high rent for DR. Taking big chunk of his pension check.......

There is small expat community in Dolio. Yayow says they come to Boca for fun...

Thanks

Conclusion

Nice area for a 3-4 day wifey type trip. Not a monger location. I dont think it ever was. How it compares to Punta Cana I dont know as never been there.

But worth a trip for those that just want something different.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 49,149 Times in 7,404 Posts

thanks for the report......would go there from Boca Chica...but never really saw anything in the way of hookers there....

the expat is nuts for paying dat much for rent in the DR......he's still learning his way around the DR

in Negril, Jamaica the hookers are 365 days a year.....not November to Easter.....
    what happens in November to Easter is that you have more country girls from da hills that visit Negril then.....
    trying to capitalize on the influx of guys from N America....a years pay for working a couple weeks to a month or two
    or maybe even hit da gringo lottery.....yah mon

16. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to SeaWeed For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,367 Times in 205 Posts

Re: 05/2017 - Juan Dolio - May 2017

Thanks for the great report Hunter! Glad to hear that Mi Sueno restaurant is still going strong. Her pink sauce is amazing!!!

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to captain69 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 62,154 Times in 9,135 Posts

Really not much to add on what Hunter wrote, he in a short period of time, got the flavor of the place in my opinion. Not many mongering opportunities there these days, although chicas are available just got to know which places they frequent. Used to have some success in plaza real, my friend had the pool bar there at that time, and a few chicas would come through on occasion because they knew he had American friends that would be there from time to time. Since he left there after 4 years at the place, I haven't been there.

I usually play golf there, may grab a bite afterwards, if looking for action will go to San Pedro or now that I know more about la romana will drive a bit further and visit there.

Funny still remember Juan Dolió being hyped as the south beach of the DR, I don't think so. But enjoy a nice afternoon there on occasion with a special lady; actually like some of the restaurants on the beach in Guayacanes, more than I do in Juan Dolió.
    Why should I limit myself to only one woman when I can have as many women as I want?
    George Gershwin

20. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,474 Times in 2,511 Posts

Thanks Hunter great Intel on Juan Dolio here
    Much appreciated I would love to hear more about your wild time in SDQ though 😉😉😁

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to minkyboodle For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 32,918 Times in 3,296 Posts

Hey Hunter, thanks for the info on Juan Dolio.

I was wondering if you would stay at the D'Franchesis again? I read a review that the one bedroom apartments have windows that open to a wall. Did you upgrade to rm with a pool view? Curently $75/nt.

I'm not a big fan of high rises or glitzy condos. Is that area of Jaun Dolio a little more down to earth? I saw some affordable apartments in condos east of Playa Real but some of the reviews were horrible.

I'm planning a meet up with a San Pedro facebook Amiga for a couple of nights. She doesn't want to meet in Boca chica and neither do I. I think we both are trying to avoid being seen together in Boca.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bailar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 32,918 Times in 3,296 Posts

Anybody else have any info on Juan Dolio??

26. The Following User Says Thank You to bailar For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bailar View Post
    Hey Hunter, thanks for the info on Juan Dolio.

I was wondering if you would stay at the D'Franchesis again? I read a review that the one bedroom apartments have windows that open to a wall. Did you upgrade to rm with a pool view? Curently $75/nt.

I'm not a big fan of high rises or glitzy condos. Is that area of Jaun Dolio a little more down to earth? I saw some affordable apartments in condos east of Playa Real but some of the reviews were horrible.

I'm planning a meet up with a San Pedro facebook Amiga for a couple of nights. She doesn't want to meet in Boca chica and neither do I. I think we both are trying to avoid being seen together in Boca.
    I was the only one in the place I think...lol...I had an end unit looking closed to the view of pool and ocean. Though the ocean wasnt very viewable. definietly upgrade ....2nd floor better.

That end of town is OLD Juan Dolio. Very quiet but probably jumps way more in high season. My apartment was nice with good bed and deck to go out on. Was on 2nd floor. I can see how most of units dont have view of anything. the beach is real nice but very windy. Just be prepared not much going on there. Yeah the high rises are NEW juan dolio the other side. There a few beach bars and Italian restaurants. Los Suenos is excellent. I miss my flaca Haitain.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,364 Times in 78,283 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bailar View Post
    Anybody else have any info on Juan Dolio??

What do you want to know?

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

I know the playa publico has no reef and a strong current. It's quite a workout. I rate it on par with swimming through the caves at Negril's cliffs for degree of difficulty and fun.

When I stayed in Santo Domingo I'd do day passes at the resorts in Juan Dolio and Guayacanes. $50 a head for access to the beach and pools and all You could eat & drink 10a-5p. Public beach was free though and there's plenty of places to eat and drink inexpensively.

31. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thank you, I find it difficult to get information about a chica scene in Juan Dolio. I'm heading back to SDQ after Thanksgiving, and then meet up with people in La Romana. Reading posts here and DR, it seems there is a chica scene in LR near Parque Central.
    Papi, tu no necesitas un condum!

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to seeker241 For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information