Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 06/2017 - Hotel Century Plaza & Restaurant, Santiago

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 87,562 Times in 8,809 Posts

06/2017 - Hotel Century Plaza & Restaurant, Santiago

Hotel Century Plaza & Restaurant, Santiago

Imet a chic on Dominican Cupid from Santiago and decided to do a meet and greet at Hotel Century Plaza & Restaurant. The plan was to do dinner and if we had a connection segue into my hotel room. The plan didn't work but dinner was great and I enjoyed the hotel stay.

The hotel is located on Avenida Rafel Vidal in Santiago which is a busy section of the city, in addition there are a few cabanas in the area. One good touch is that you are greeted by a bellman upon your arrival to assist you with your bags. Hotel Century Plaza is only a 3 star hotel but I have been to hotels where the rooms were a lot more expensive and did not have bellman service.

The hotel is immaculate and the reception staff is very professional and most speak English. I booked for 2 people and I have brought a chic there on previous visits although this trip I did not.

I paid just under 4000 pesos for my room which include taxes and my used of several mini bar items which we retail priced.

The room was pretty small but comfortable and I slept well in the queen size bed. The WIFI was strong and you definitely need the air-conditioner because the room gets pretty stuffy without it. I didn't watch any television but there was a flat screen with all the local cable channels.
    Imágenes adjuntas Imágenes adjuntas

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,746 Times in 290 Posts

Re: Hotel Century Plaza & Restaurant, Santiago

Quote Originally Posted by camaro1257 View Post

Imet a chic on Dominican Cupid from Santiago and decided to do a meet and greet at Hotel Century Plaza & Restaurant. The plan was to do dinner and if we had a connection segue into my hotel room. The plan didn't work but dinner was great and I enjoyed the hotel stay.

Click to see picClick to see pic

The hotel is located on Avenida Rafel Vidal in Santiago which is a busy section of the city, in addition there are a few cabanas in the area. One good touch is that you are greeted by a bellman upon your arrival to assist you with your bags. Hotel Century Plaza is only a 3 star hotel but I have been to hotels where the rooms were a lot more expensive and did not have bellman service.

The hotel is immaculate and the reception staff is very professional and most speak English. I booked for 2 people and I have brought a chic there on previous visits although this trip I did not.

Click to see picClick to see picClick to see pic

I paid just under 4000 pesos for my room which include taxes and my used of several mini bar items which we retail priced.

The room was pretty small but comfortable and I slept well in the queen size bed. The WIFI was strong and you definitely need the air-conditioner because the room gets pretty stuffy without it. I didn't watch any television but there was a flat screen with all the local cable channels.
    Is it Chica friendly?

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Al Nyc For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: Hotel Century Plaza & Restaurant, Santiago

Quote Originally Posted by Al Nyc View Post
    Is it Chica friendly?
    Yes it is I booked for 2 people and the last time I brought a chic with me I had no problem.

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: 06/2017 - Hotel Century Plaza & Restaurant, Santiago

Mini bar

The mini bar had the typical candy, drinks and chips but also had mouthwash and toothpaste...but I couldn't find any condoms...haaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

The food

I had lamb chops and my date had salmon the food was very good and the service was great the wait staff was very attentive. Drinks and dinner came to 3000 pesos. The menu included the typical steak seafood and chicken dishes.

There was a breakfast buffet that included comida tipica and traditional breakfast items. The breakfast was included in the price of the room

Imágenes adjuntas Imágenes adjuntas
    • File Type: jpg 9h.jpg (193.0 KB, 193 vistas)
    • File Type: jpg r4.jpg (199.6 KB, 203 vistas)
    • File Type: jpg r5.jpg (198.6 KB, 204 vistas)

8. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,916 Times in 219 Posts

Click to see picClick to see pic

Nice pics. Looks like a nice chill spot. Thanks.

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Dvdmdz For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Review

Century Plaza Hotel is a good hotel option if you are in Santiago because it is centrally located. The staff was professional and the facility was very clean. The restaurant was very good and a great addition to the hotel experience in fact I liked the restaurant and dining experience more than the hotel lodging experience. My biggest complaint would be that the room I was in was small and cramped.

Hotel Century Plaza in one of a few hotel options in Santiago and I would have no problem returning.

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,367 Times in 205 Posts

Review

Century Plaza Hotel is a good hotel option if you are in Santiago because it is centrally located. The staff was professional and the facility was very clean. The restaurant was very good and a great addition to the hotel experience in fact I liked the restaurant and dining experience more than the hotel lodging experience. My biggest complaint would be that the room I was in was small and cramped.

Hotel Century Plaza in one of a few hotel options in Santiago and I would have no problem returning.
    Thanks for another great post Camaro!!

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to captain69 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,361 Times in 13,901 Posts

It will definitely be on my list the next time I visit Santiago. Thanks Cam..
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 27,983 Times in 7,129 Posts

How far from the monument ... walking distance ? How much per night ?
    DON’T HATE THE PLAYER !!!!! “HATE THE GAME”

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ROVER For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ROVER View Post
    I do not know how far it is from the Monument. I paid about 4000 pesos including taxes and the items I ate from the food bar. Below is the web site.

http://www.hotelcenturyplaza.com/site/

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 62,154 Times in 9,135 Posts

Not to promote another hotel in this thread, but the hotel I have stayed in the last couple of reaches to Santiago is hotel los jardines. A couple of blocks from hodelpa Gran Almirante which is next door to the TGI Fridays. One I would recommend as well nice hotel with a good restaurant, plus a few boutique shops in the lobby. Got turned on to it by Lou of the old shark bar. It is his go to place as well as mine when in Santiago, I believe on Ave. Texas, like the neighborhood a lot, little further down on the avenida some hip clubs. If looking for a hotel while in Santiago, a place I can recommend. Chica friendly, I of course have had chicas in my place, didn't have to show ID'S, just rode up to room with Chica in tow.

Like what camaro wrote about Century, may check that out on next reach, so I can compare and contrast in my own mind. Compare and contrast, feel like I am back in literary class in high school!

Just another option.
    Why should I limit myself to only one woman when I can have as many women as I want?
    George Gershwin

22. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,361 Times in 13,901 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yayow View Post
    Not to promote another hotel in this thread, but the hotel I have stayed in the last couple of reaches to Santiago is hotel los jardines. A couple of blocks from hodelpa Gran Almirante which is next door to the TGI Fridays. One I would recommend as well nice hotel with a good restaurant, plus a few boutique shops in the lobby. Got turned on to it by Lou of the old shark bar. It is his go to place as well as mine when in Santiago, I believe on Ave. Texas, like the neighborhood a lot, little further down on the avenida some hip clubs. If looking for a hotel while in Santiago, a place I can recommend. Chica friendly, I of course have had chicas in my place, didn't have to show ID'S, just rode up to room with Chica in tow.

Like what camaro wrote about Century, may check that out on next reach, so I can compare and contrast in my own mind. Compare and contrast, feel like I am back in literary class in high school!

Just another option.
    I second that. Clean, quiet and cheap.

I've stayed there a few times. I requested the inside room each time (no windows) and slept like a rock. Breakfast (be that as it may) used to be included in the cost of the room.

24. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,129 Times in 9,453 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ROVER View Post
    Definitely not walking distance from the monument. Should be about 250 pesos in a taxi.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,129 Times in 9,453 Posts

Review

Do you prefer this hotel over Hotel Platino?? I usually stay at Platino and Matum.

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by psriches View Post
    Definitely not walking distance from the monument. Should be about 250 pesos in a taxi.
    I like all 3 options because they serve the same purpose. They are reasonably priced hotels less than $100.00 a night and have restaurants close. Matum probably beats the other 2 because it has the 2 clubs in the back and is within walking distance of the Monument.

30. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,363 Times in 78,282 Posts

I like all 3 options because they serve the same purpose. They are reasonably priced hotels less than $100.00 a night and have restaurants close. Matum probably beats the other 2 because it has the 2 clubs in the back and is within walking distance of the Monument.

That is a big plus

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

.......... and is within walking distance of the Monument.
    Why is being in walking distance of the Monument so important, I have passed by there..... never went to it. The only significance of the monument to me is that there are good clubs and restaurants in the vicinity of it. Other than that, I fail to see the significance.

Is there something else important, specifically regarding the monument that I am missing?

34. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yayow View Post
    Why is being in walking distance of the Monument so important, I have passed by there..... never went to it. The only significance of the monument to me is that there are good clubs and restaurants in the vicinity of it. Other than that, I fail to see the significance.

Is there something else important, specifically regarding the monument that I am missing?
    Of course it depends on what you like but the Monument is the premier tourist attraction in Santiago, in addition there is sometimes live entertainment acts there and carnivals with rides and street food.

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Of course it depends on what you like but the Monument is the premier tourist attraction in Santiago, in addition there is sometimes live entertainment acts there and carnivals with rides and street food.

OK, as you say to each, his own. I fail to see the attraction, after one pass by; as far as the historical significance, I get that; but I go to that area for the clubs and restaurants, not to see the monument, but that's me.

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 27,983 Times in 7,129 Posts

The best place that I found for daytime girl watching or to meet woman is Calle de Sol from between the Monumento to Parque Duarte.

Therein lies my interest in being within a walking distance of it.

40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ROVER For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information