Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 03/2017 - Camaro's view of Ahnvee Resort, Sosua

Thanks
    Thanked 3,134 Times in 303 Posts

Re: 03/2017 - Camaro's view of Ahnvee Resort, Sosua

Quote Originally Posted by yayow View Post
    Yes I was told this as well, told sold out on weekends with rich Dominican families, don't know if that is a fact.
    I can guarantee you that place has never been sold out.

1. The parking lot is very small and cannot accommodate all the rich Dominican's vehicles. I've never seen the parking lot full or cars parked on the street.

2. I live a few streets behind the resort and only one Saturday night I heard noise. Some guy talking in a microphone...maybe a bikini contest.

Other than that one time, the place is super quiet. If it was sold out on weekends they wouldn't have give a 2 for 1 deal.

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to sopranostingray For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 62,154 Times in 9,135 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sopranostingray View Post
    I can guarantee you that place has never been sold out.

1. The parking lot is very small and cannot accommodate all the rich Dominican's vehicles. I've never seen the parking lot full or cars parked on the street.

2. I live a few streets behind the resort and only one Saturday night I heard noise. Some guy talking in a microphone...maybe a bikini contest.

Other than that one time, the place is super quiet. If it was sold out on weekends they wouldn't have give a 2 for 1 deal.
    I agree, no indication of that when I was there, and I believe it was a weekend as well, but I do wish them well, think they did a great job in their renovations. And the price seems reasonable if you add in the all inclusive aspects, brings the cost down quite a bit
    Why should I limit myself to only one woman when I can have as many women as I want?
    George Gershwin

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 87,562 Times in 8,809 Posts

IMHO

I enjoyed both my stays at Ahnvee, I found the staff to be professional, the rooms were good and I really enjoyed eating there. As long as they are running specials the quality of the rooms and food makes it a good deal.

They do have a game area with a pool table and ping pong but there was no one attending the area with supplies. In addition the spa on property was closed when I was there. The property is missing a gym which would be a great addition.

They do have out door dancing and music but other than dining there is not a lot of activities to do while on property. They provide transportation to Sosua beach as well as down town Sosua for those who are interested.

The first time I was there I did not use the WIFI because I had my Orange hot spot with me but this trip I discovered they have an open WIFI with a very strong signal. There was a variety of cable channels with English speaking also.

Since my goal is to go someplace different every month I doubt if I will go back in the near future but Ahnvee has definitely made a great get away for me these last two times.

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 114,003 Times in 10,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by camaro1257 View Post
    IMHO

I enjoyed both my stays at Ahnvee, I found the staff to be professional, the rooms were good and I really enjoyed eating there. As long as they are running specials the quality of the rooms and food makes it a good deal.

They do have a game area with a pool table and ping pong but there was no one attending the area with supplies. In addition the spa on property was closed when I was there. The property is missing a gym which would be a great addition.

They do have out door dancing and music but other than dining there is not a lot of activities to do while on property. They provide transportation to Sosua beach as well as down town Sosua for those who are interested.

The first time I was there I did not use the WIFI because I had my Orange hot spot with me but this trip I discovered they have an open WIFI with a very strong signal. There was a variety of cable channels with English speaking also.

Since my goal is to go someplace different every month I doubt if I will go back in the near future but Ahnvee has definitely made a great get away for me these last two times.
    Very interesting considering their initial target audience. Guess they've decided certain types of athleticism isn't a viable 'money maker' in Sosua.
    Vida es buena....

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Irie For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 93,482 Times in 10,191 Posts

I just got a Facebook Messege from Milka offereing me a FREE ONE NIGHTS STAY at Ahnvee Resort ,,,if I am in town anytime the rest of this year.

She probably sent it to all of her Facebook friends,,,,,,,

But ,,,,I like to think i'm special sometimes ,,,,,
    " Expect The Best, Be Prepared For The Worst, Fuck What Others Think, And Do Your Own Thing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to XXX For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 113,284 Times in 14,580 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XXX View Post
    I just got a Facebook Messege from Milka offereing me a FREE ONE NIGHTS STAY at Ahnvee Resort ,,,if I am in town anytime the rest of this year.

She probably sent it to all of her Facebook friends,,,,,,,

But ,,,,I like to think i'm special sometimes ,,,,,
    I got the email as well.

7 of them this month with the same offer. So I must be really special and I never stayed at Vic House.

I wonder what the catch is as I find it hard to believe you would only have to commit to one night

Always got to be a little leary of offers that contain no real details
    I am the pussy licker ​Let's have some fun. Not invisible. Snitches are pathetic little people!
    Disclaimer. This post may not be in response to a post by Greybaby. So Greybaby doesn't need to cry about it. Rover has you pegged to a T

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 93,482 Times in 10,191 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by j_d66 View Post
    I got the email as well.

7 of them this month with the same offer. So I must be really special and I never stayed at Vic House.

I wonder what the catch is as I find it hard to believe you would only have to commit to one night

Always got to be a little leary of offers that contain no real details

Jesus,,,,,

If shes givin us a free night,,,,,

She's probably offerin CAM a WEEK ,,,,,,,

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to XXX For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by XXX View Post
    Jesus,,,,,

If shes givin us a free night,,,,,

She's probably offerin CAM a WEEK ,,,,,,,
    I have to believe that in order to get the free night you will have to book additional paid nights

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I have to believe that in order to get the free night you will have to book additional paid nights
    I did not. I paid $260.00 for the Penthouse Suite and stayed 2 days which equals $130.00 a day plus my date and I ate 7 times while we were there. IMHO it was a no-brainer!

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I did not. I paid $260.00 for the Penthouse Suite and stayed 2 days which equals $130.00 a day plus my date and I ate 7 times while we were there. IMHO it was a no-brainer!

So I asked them about it and this was the reply

You don't have to book additional nights if you don't want to. If you are booking just 1 night its Room only. If you Book more than 1 night then the free night is all-inclusive

So i guess if you want the full experience including the places to eat, it would be best to book more than one night.

Otherwise even if you were staying somewhere else it wouldn't hurt to book a night there for nothing to try it out

Kinda lends credence that they are hurting for occupancy but other than getting people through the door I don't know if it solves anything other than people get a chance to see the place

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Got the same offer, I think I will try them, I am planning on doing 3 or 4 nights up north first weekend in September, not sure how, I will break it down, may do first two in Sosua and next two in Puerto Plata. Or just do all 4 in Sosua, first two at the resort and last two at Palmeras, still up in the air.

I told them I will be checking in by myself, but will have multiple friends visiting during my stay, I was told that would be no problem. Since my stay won't be a romantic stay, probably won't go for the top of the line suite like Canaro, figure a room around $160/ night which I guess with the free night would be $80/ night all inclusive.

She said something about no problem with my guests eating too, but I think that would be unfair, plus they won't be there to relax in luxury they will be there to put in their work, and then leave. Haven't actually booked yet, but if I decide to; will do so in the next day or two.

22. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,474 Times in 2,511 Posts

Yeah I got that email as well. But she sent me a titty pic as well. So I KNOW I'm special jajaja 😂

24. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to minkyboodle For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,519 Times in 1,078 Posts

Just have to book the room before the end of August.... stay any time but book before deadline.

Feeling ignored, only got 4 emails so far....

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to distantvoyeur For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by distantvoyeur View Post
    Just have to book the room before the end of August.... stay any time but book before deadline.

Feeling ignored, only got 4 emails so far....
    Pretty sure going to book the pool room for the Friday and Saturday night next week, just waiting on confirmation, could be fun, then thinking probably do Puerto Plata for 2 nights then Santiago for two nights. Sounds like a long week. Haven't done Santiago in a while, got a couple new chicas there that look so good got to hop on it!

28. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,120 Times in 1,332 Posts

IMHO

Cam, thank you so much for the review and travelogue. One question, was the pool in your room heated?
    Rent it, Don't buy it! There's no warranty.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BronxMoney For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BronxMoney View Post
    Cam, thank you so much for the review and travelogue. One question, was the pool in your room heated?
    IDK I didn't get in but it sure was pretty...lol!

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Well got my confirmation for the pool room, so will be able to answer Bronx Money's question soon, because I plan on using it.

Looking forward to it on the first leg of the trip, as I said more than what I normally pay for accommodations even with the free night, but with the all inclusive aspect, I expect it will come out about the same, all meals on property, and quite a few drinks as well, so during my stay just drinks at the late night clubs.

Not expecting any problems bringing multiple chicas on property with me, but if there is, I have our conversations saved to show our previous conversations.

34. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,936 Times in 6,484 Posts

Yayow FYI they do not allow liqour in the pool room. Its a liability.

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to hugrad95a For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hugrad95a View Post
    Yayow FYI they do not allow liqour in the pool room. Its a liability.
    that makes sense, but generally I always have a bottle or two in my luggage, because I do like to entertain a bit in my room. But having said that during the day will be relaxing on the property, enjoying their pool area bar, and other amenities

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,916 Times in 219 Posts

Penthouse Suite

I enjoyed the penthouse suite. It is 2 stories but we only used the bedroom but it was nice to have a downstairs available if we wanted.

Click to see picClick to see picClick to see picClick to see pic

I have a similar concern here as with the other rooms. The bathroom is not separated by a barrier so when you use the sink and shower you can be seen if you are in the bedroom. The toilet is shielded in this room but the basic room the toilet is not shielded.

My date did not seem to be uncomfortable with the bathroom set up this time as we have a very healthy intimate relationship but the first time we went we were on the front end and she was reluctant to let me see her naked bathing etc.

I can see how the bathroom set up could be a problem for some couples.

Click to see pic
    I didn't care for the smell my date would leave after a heavy dump.

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dvdmdz For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information