Thread: 08/2017 - Sosua Suites Update

Thanks
    Thanked 35,868 Times in 4,610 Posts

08/2017 - Sosua Suites Update

I stayed at Sosua Suites recently for the first time since 2013. From 2011-2013 I stayed there many times and was pleased at some of the upgrades.

- A/C is new and better. Before you had to keep the BR door closed and the A/C barely kept the BR cool. Now it can cool the entire apartment. I had to turn it down it was so cold at one point.

- Beds - Looks like the rooms have new king siized beds. This bed was way more comfortable than the old ones. The linens seemed fresh and new as opposed to the past.

- Microwaves - All units now have a microwave. Maybe some of the other appliances are newer than before as well. Everything I needed worked and the kitchen had decent amount of stuff.

-- Wi-fi - seems to be a little better. There are 2 connections, but it did go out once in a while, but that's not a deal breaker for me most trips.

- Security - is there nearly 24/7 now. These guys are on point. I like not having to walk guests in or out at times. Some may know sometimes I like to sneak a questionable chic in without being seen with them. lol. The night security guy has been there since my 2011 stays there and has always looked out.

- Housekeeping - For the first time ever, I always had 3-4 clean towels. My room was cleaned everday while I was at breakfast. It was a new consistency of service for me in Sosua in these areas that I appreciated.

- Airport Pick up/Drop Off - I stayed 6 days and my wing 4. We received free pick up and drop/off when it was time to leave. Kelsey actually called us to confirm departure times. Kelsey was at the property off and on and is really hands on now that he's managing things.

--The Bad - the only bad is that the living room furniture is suspect--may be the same sofas since 2011. I think in the near future the sofas will be replaced.
    Me gusta mujeres mas oscuro que yo.

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks

Re: Sosua Suites Update

Also for those lightweights that sleep on vacation, with fewer bars on PC open late, there seems to be significantly less noise than before.

4. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to el toro For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 31,161 Times in 5,856 Posts

I visited the property around 2012 but chosen Mary Rose at the time. What are the rates now? Have you explored other options?
    ‘Forbear to judge, for we are sinners all’

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to questner For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by questner View Post
    I visited the property around 2012 but chosen Mary Rose at the time. What are the rates now? Have you explored other options?
    I made an offer for a few rooms (2 guys didn't make it because flight was cancelled) and Kelsey accepted it. The website indicated that the rate was $58 per night or $300ish for the weekly rate. I booked directly via whatsapp.

I didn't check any other places before this trip as I knew that I wanted an apartment right by the action and for around $50 per night. I did stay at VH a few times in the last 2 years, but generally I like to stay where I've made solid contacts - Sosua Suites, D'Piero, Don Antonio/the palms.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,120 Times in 1,332 Posts

Re: 08/2017 - Sosua Suites Update

Quote Originally Posted by el toro View Post
    I stayed at Sosua Suites recently for the first time since 2013. From 2011-2013 I stayed there many times and was pleased at some of the upgrades.

- A/C is new and better. Before you had to keep the BR door closed and the A/C barely kept the BR cool. Now it can cool the entire apartment. I had to turn it down it was so cold at one point.

- Beds - Looks like the rooms have new king siized beds. This bed was way more comfortable than the old ones. The linens seemed fresh and new as opposed to the past.

- Microwaves - All units now have a microwave. Maybe some of the other appliances are newer than before as well. Everything I needed worked and the kitchen had decent amount of stuff.

-- Wi-fi - seems to be a little better. There are 2 connections, but it did go out once in a while, but that's not a deal breaker for me most trips.

- Security - is there nearly 24/7 now. These guys are on point. I like not having to walk guests in or out at times. Some may know sometimes I like to sneak a questionable chic in without being seen with them. lol. The night security guy has been there since my 2011 stays there and has always looked out.

- Housekeeping - For the first time ever, I always had 3-4 clean towels. My room was cleaned everday while I was at breakfast. It was a new consistency of service for me in Sosua in these areas that I appreciated.

- Airport Pick up/Drop Off - I stayed 6 days and my wing 4. We received free pick up and drop/off when it was time to leave. Kelsey actually called us to confirm departure times. Kelsey was at the property off and on and is really hands on now that he's managing things.

--The Bad - the only bad is that the living room furniture is suspect--may be the same sofas since 2011. I think in the near future the sofas will be replaced.
    El Toro, you have made my month! My wing and I will be there for 1 week in February. We got a great rate, highly recommend calling them directly. We were wondering what the current condition was, since most information was years out of date. We are very glad to hear that the rooms and appliances have been updated. Makes us even happier that we chose the suites!

Thanks again Toro!
    Rent it, Don't buy it! There's no warranty.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BronxMoney For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,401 Times in 78,292 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by el toro View Post
    Also for those lightweights that sleep on vacation, with fewer bars on PC open late, there seems to be significantly less noise than before.

I am up around 7am.

DAILY

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 53,118 Times in 6,021 Posts

Just stayed there myself, I too recommend it. Even when the storm hit, had power near the entire time. Kelsey filled the generator with fuel just in case the power
    lines fell, but we got pretty lucky in the area.
    We don't catch feelings, we catch flights.

13. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to tarzan For This Useful Post:

Thanks

What's the best way to contact Sosua Suites? And whats the average nightly rate?

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to curiousfun For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,973 Times in 2,414 Posts

Is the group still affiliated with Sosua suites.? Any updated intel on booking through the group here?

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LJDMV For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 113,285 Times in 14,580 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LJDMV View Post
    Is the group still affiliated with Sosua suites.? Any updated intel on booking through the group here?

For my last trip in January I emailed him and was planning to stay there but he didn't even bother to reply to my email request to stay there.

Not sure if they were full or it fell through the cracks but for me when they don't reply they also don't get future business from me.

Kinda surprised because Kelsey has been pretty responsive in the past
    I am the pussy licker ​Let's have some fun. Not invisible. Snitches are pathetic little people!
    Disclaimer. This post may not be in response to a post by Greybaby. So Greybaby doesn't need to cry about it. Rover has you pegged to a T

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thread Information