Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

Re: 09/2017 - Hurricane Irma

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    Irma took some sheen off my old dreams of moving to some Caribbean paradise....
    Easy solution to that. Join me in Puerto Plata. We are hurricane-proof here.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 164,725 Times in 30,459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    You have more than you ever will need.
    any one can coast thru life but there is never enough if you want to leave a legacy or to leave loved ones better off than you were or if you want to keep expanding and creating jobs in your community and doing a few other things before I get to the end of my bucket list

plus I just bought myself a new and improved coffin

http://st.hotrod.com/uploads/sites/2...017-mopars.jpg

this is how it looked on the 2017 hot rod tour

and this is how I bought it last week
    hemi 6.4 litre 6 speed stick scat pack edition that does zero to 60 in 4 seconds and under 13 seconds in the quarter mile straight out of the factory before mods and nitrous kit and air levelling this guy installed
    you only live once, but if you live it right once is enough

6. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to whynotme For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,379 Times in 7,663 Posts

No, I sent myself money using Xoom. Thanks for the offer.

Do you need us to send Western Union?

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to The Sage For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 62,154 Times in 9,135 Posts

Good point ...

Irma took some sheen off my old dreams of moving to some Caribbean paradise....
    if every time a natural disaster occurred stopped you from going there you would never go anywhere. Every place has some thing, that would discourage you. I remember when I was thinking about going to college in Los Angeles my New York friends tried to discourage me because of earthquakes, now I guess you can add fires. When I moved to La capital friends on the north coast tried to discourage me due to hurricanes, been here 9 years and hasn't been a problem, actually the north coast has consistently gotten the worst of the weather.

Gee next you will be saying I can't cross the street a bus may hit me. Point being you take the proper precautions and live your life, it's the only one you got. Shit happens every where and with global warming it will only increase. The only other option as I see it is go the way of the ostrich and stick your head in the ground.
    Why should I limit myself to only one woman when I can have as many women as I want?
    George Gershwin

10. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 72,237 Times in 11,762 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
    I only 'offered' to tease. I'd have Xoom'ed the same ... and I'm kinda envious, as I imagine the post-hurricane jollies you might be enjoying.
    I'm still "Just A Lurker."

The Chinese virus infected the Western world with Chinese-style totalitarian politics. ​- Gladiator

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. – H. L. Mencken

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yayow View Post
    if every time a natural disaster occurred stopped you from going there you would never go anywhere. Every place has some thing, that would discourage you. I remember when I was thinking about going to college in Los Angeles my New York friends tried to discourage me because of earthquakes, now I guess you can add fires. When I moved to La capital friends on the north coast tried to discourage me due to hurricanes, been here 9 years and hasn't been a problem, actually the north coast has consistently gotten the worst of the weather.

Gee next you will be saying I can't cross the street a bus may hit me. Point being you take the proper precautions and live your life, it's the only one you got. Shit happens every where and with global warming it will only increase. The only other option as I see it is go the way of the ostrich and stick your head in the ground.
    YARC YARC, Sir ... You're Absolutely Right, Comrade.

I would respectfully submit, there's a bit of difference between looking both ways before crossing the street ... and choosing the place where you'd like to live out the remaining years of your life. The first is NOW ... the second could be your 'forever.'

And at the same time ... I've spent years considering the notion of buying a sea-kindly sailboat, getting rid of everything I own that doesn't fit aboard, and 'Sailing Beyond The Sunset' ... starting with Caribbean waters. I've spent a lot of thought to exploring the notion ... and I haven't quite given up on it; and in all honesty, Boca Chica and ZarPar Marina could still be a prime possibility for a move like that. But I'm still riding the horns of the dilemma ...

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 20,125 Times in 3,033 Posts

Went through two hurricanes in Jersey. I had a bad-ass 75 old tree that decided to fall across the street and not the house else I wouldnt be typing this up now.
    Shit Happens like Yayow said; just work through it, cant change our ultimate destiny..

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to CentralNJDude For This Useful Post:

Thanks

YARC YARC, Sir ... You're Absolutely Right, Comrade.

I would respectfully submit, there's a bit of difference between looking both ways before crossing the street ... and choosing the place where you'd like to live out the remaining years of your life. The first is NOW ... the second could be your 'forever.'

And at the same time ... I've spent years considering the notion of buying a sea-kindly sailboat, getting rid of everything I own that doesn't fit aboard, and 'Sailing Beyond The Sunset' ... starting with Caribbean waters. I've spent a lot of thought to exploring the notion ... and I haven't quite given up on it; and in all honesty, Boca Chica and ZarPar Marina could still be a prime possibility for a move like that. But I'm still riding the horns of the dilemma ...

Click to see pic

Not a bad option, would love to do it myself, but not being the greatest swimmer, it gets to me. Spoke to a buddy the other day getting ready to come back down here for a bit, he's up in Boston, bought a boat down here, just spent $80, 000 sprucing it up. Says he is tired of the D.R., now that the boat is ready says he is going to take it to Colombia, told him I will visit. Something to be said about that type of lifestyle, literally being able to take all your stuff on a whim and locate somewhere else. Must be nice.

Oh by the way the bus reference was sarcasm, was going to say, can't go there may stub my toe. Thought that might be cruel so I changed it.

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yayow View Post
    Not a bad option, would love to do it myself, but not being the greatest swimmer, it gets to me. Spoke to a buddy the other day getting ready to come back down here for a bit, he's up in Boston, bought a boat down here, just spent $80, 000 sprucing it up. Says he is tired of the D.R., now that the boat is ready says he is going to take it to Colombia, told him I will visit. Something to be said about that type of lifestyle, literally being able to take all your stuff on a whim and locate somewhere else. Must be nice.

Oh by the way the bus reference was sarcasm, was going to say, can't go there may stub my toe. Thought that might be cruel so I changed it.
    As far as the yachting life goes, I'm still exploring the notion, but climbing up from the deck of the sinking Palenque into a rubber life-raft at oh-dark-thirty in the middle of the Caribbean ... well, that kinda softened my hard-on for world cruising. But I still enjoy sailing the Chesapeake Bay.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 97,678 Times in 17,146 Posts

Have you looked for seats out of STI and SDQ? I think the problem is there are NO seats...too many people clamoring for the few open seats available. As you do not take priority over someone who already has a reservation. I tried to change my flight out of punta cana to santo domingo during hurricane and that was impossible...

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

There were no seats out of STI until today. Tried other airlines. The earliest was Friday on Air Canada at $1,000 oneway. Decided to bet on AA for Sunday. My take is that the few seats they had on non AA flights were bought up by folks trying to get back. Got my fingers crossed for tomorrow. The fight is coming here today for the first time in 10 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    Have you looked for seats out of STI and SDQ? I think the problem is there are NO seats...too many people clamoring for the few open seats available. As you do not take priority over someone who already has a reservation. I tried to change my flight out of punta cana to santo domingo during hurricane and that was impossible...

24. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to The Sage For This Useful Post:

Thanks

There were no seats out of STI until today. Tried other airlines. The earliest was Friday on Air Canada at $1,000 oneway. Decided to bet on AA for Sunday. My take is that the few seats they had on non AA flights were bought up by folks trying to get back. Got my fingers crossed for tomorrow. The fight is coming here today for the first time in 10 days.
    Are you rebooked and confirmed on AA from your original departure flight that go cancelled for this Sunday?

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,363 Times in 78,282 Posts

Another 90 day trip for you

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Maria on the way right to DR and Florida....round 2 ....cool

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Are you coming for this one too?

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Confirmed for tomorrow and packed. Breathing in Pedro for the last night. New girls in town, but I'm fucked out. Going to buy me a bottle of Hennessy and just chill.

Are you rebooked and confirmed on AA from your original departure flight that go cancelled for this Sunday?

34. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to The Sage For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 113,284 Times in 14,580 Posts

And Tropical storm Lee is also forming right behind Maria.

Could be a rough season.
    I am the pussy licker ​Let's have some fun. Not invisible. Snitches are pathetic little people!
    Disclaimer. This post may not be in response to a post by Greybaby. So Greybaby doesn't need to cry about it. Rover has you pegged to a T

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by j_d66 View Post
    And Tropical storm Lee is also forming right behind Maria.

Could be a rough season.
    I have always gotten a kick how Dominicans react to news of a storm, no matter where it looks like it is going. When I lived in the capital I was always amazed at the panic, the closing of all businesses, banks, government offices etc., over the slightest mention of a storm. 95% of the time nothing more than rain and a little wind. Then it would be clear and beautiful once again.

So when I looked at the projections for Irma, I wasn't worried in the least, you could see the north coast could have potential issues but us on the south coast, nothing more than a rain and a little wind event. However must admit, not liking the early projections for Maria, could be a problem for sure. 9 years on the south coast with nothing bad at all as far as storms are concerned, last 4 or so right on the sea, beach front. But this one worries me a bit, at least at this stage.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,120 Times in 1,332 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Irie View Post
    Beautiful sunny day. Power and internet back. A quick walk around town, and it's almost as if nothing happened. Most places back in business.

Good luck and be safe all in her sights next.
    Glad you are OK, Irie. Now I see Hurricane Maria is headed your way again! You guys cannot get a break! Be careful, stay well!
    Rent it, Don't buy it! There's no warranty.

39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BronxMoney For This Useful Post:

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread Information