Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: 09/2017 - Hurricane Irma

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 49,149 Times in 7,404 Posts

Re: 09/2017 - Hurricane Irma

things starting to get back to normal in the Tampa Bay area but wi have a long way to go....
    plenty of people still without power.....curbs are filled with branches and down trees still which are brown now and not green......

the stores are still out of meat and produce....and a lot of popular canned foods like tunafish
    especially Aldi and Save A Lot who had nothing in the refrigerated or frozen food sections this weekend....
    Publix and Walmart are doing a much better job than the aforementioned of getting their shelves restocked...

listening to everyone bitching about all the refrigerated and frozen food they lost is getting real old fast....
    don't know what people were thinking of when they stocked up and had the refrigerators full when Irma hit....
    mi kept telling people don't be surprised if wi without power for a week or two....they all laughed at mi....guess mi got the last laugh
    with my experiences on the J island mi know not to have much in the freezer compartment at any given time with der power outages all da time...
    5 days out from Irma mi started eating everything in the freezer compartment which wasn't full to begin with...mi only been back 2 weeks
    so mi virtually didn't loose anything......unlike mi neighbors who have been filling up der garbage cans with spoiled food

the weather has been very hot and humid since last Wednesday so mi feel for the people here without power or were without power...ugh
    an electric company from Texas has been working three days on replacing the lines from the two big ass oaks that came down across the street...
    they put up two new telephone poles and everything....huge job...they worked till 10pm every night too....they finally left yesterday

schools started up again today and as did the government facilities....last week it was like a ghost town in St Pete....never seen anything like it...

for those that have never been thru a Cateogroy 2+ Hurricane or tornado.....you are one lucky son of a gun...count your blessings

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to SeaWeed For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 97,678 Times in 17,146 Posts

Looks like you out of the woods with Maria Weed. Latest track has it spinning north towards NC.....

Puerto Rico looks like dead hit then goes just off Punta Cana and up north.....

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 62,154 Times in 9,135 Posts

Yeah DR for the most part looks like it escapes a direct hit again, we have been very fortunate thus far this year. Feel real bad for Puerto Rico and the Virgen Islands, they look to be hit again.
    Why should I limit myself to only one woman when I can have as many women as I want?
    George Gershwin

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 113,284 Times in 14,580 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    Looks like you out of the woods with Maria Weed. Latest track has it spinning north towards NC.....

Puerto Rico looks like dead hit then goes just off Punta Cana and up north.....

Yep right now with the current projected track it looks like things are not going to be good for PR.

Still early to tell for sure even for the north coast of the DR

Looking ok for Florida as of now

I am the pussy licker ​Let's have some fun. Not invisible. Snitches are pathetic little people!
    Disclaimer. This post may not be in response to a post by Greybaby. So Greybaby doesn't need to cry about it. Rover has you pegged to a T

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Looks like it's starting to turn north now so the DR and Florida look like they might be spared

I hope so as one hurricane a year is to many for anyone to endure

Puerto Rico however looks like they are going to get a direct hit

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 49,149 Times in 7,404 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by j_d66 View Post
    I hope so as one hurricane a year is to many for anyone to endure
    mi can't imagine what it would be like to get hit again so soon....ugh
    mi think most people here are hoping they never seen another Irma type hurricane ever again....wishful thinking
    mi think downsizing to something smaller at mi age is a good idea....
    having a house with a huge lawn with trees is probably gonna have to change
    mi much would have preferred to have been in a concrete shelter or concrete condo like building than a house
    having a house and listening to howling winds in a storm is a killer...
    actually one of mi neighbors that a likkle older than mi had a stroke a couple days after Irma and in da hospital....
    when you go thru a storm like dat it is a lot to handle....it really sucks to get old

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SeaWeed For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 97,678 Times in 17,146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SeaWeed View Post
    mi can't imagine what it would be like to get hit again so soon....ugh
    mi think most people here are hoping they never seen another Irma type hurricane ever again....wishful thinking
    mi think downsizing to something smaller at mi age is a good idea....
    having a house with a huge lawn with trees is probably gonna have to change
    mi much would have preferred to have been in a concrete shelter or concrete condo like building than a house
    having a house and listening to howling winds in a storm is a killer...
    actually one of mi neighbors that a likkle older than mi had a stroke a couple days after Irma and in da hospital....
    when you go thru a storm like dat it is a lot to handle....it really sucks to get old
    You candy ass Weed...you didnt even get hit by the eye and it was down to cat 1 or 2 when it got to u.....

Go through a cat 4 or 5 then we can talk

Easy for me to say going through a simple trop storm in Boca

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 44,288 Times in 7,548 Posts

I'm now hanging out in Myrtle Beach SC. and was here last week when we got 60 mph winds and high surf. I'm 200 yds off atlantic, and moved my car up to the Walmart shopping center just in case. All was good but I did watch the ocean and the winds all night long. Myrtle Beach is the bomb tho,. 5 miles of The Grand Strand!!!
    The best thing about an ass, is when it is sitting on my face!!

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jimbo44 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Looks like the North Coast is in the middle of it right now.

With luck the path has taken a more northern path sparing them much of the same destruction that hit Puerto Rico but they are still getting it none the less

Fabio Garcia a local reporter there has been reporting live on his facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/fabio.garci...UPQT9HfCjJecl4

He has some pretty good videos of what is currently happening there.

I for one appreciate the man and his efforts in accurately reporting what is going on there

He might get a Presidente on me sometime if I ever run into him as I am assuming he is local there

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread Information