Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 09/2017 - Help me pick - Sosua vs Blackbeard

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,364 Times in 78,283 Posts

Re: 09/2017 - Help me pick - Sosua vs Blackbeard

Quote Originally Posted by curiousfun View Post
    Thanks everyone!

I am not inexperienced, and I have travelled solo for both monger vacations and other vacations in several countries. I am pretty street savvy and that's not the part that concerns me.

From all the reading I have done so far, it just seems like Sosua is more about late night where I am looking for mid-morning to early evening fun.

I like all body types, from spinner to BBW, for me its more about the level of service than the looks. Do the posts in the paid section offer more details about that?

There are many of us that are up at 8am and well into our day by 9am.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 53,118 Times in 6,021 Posts

Over 20 trips to Sosua, only 1 to BB and only stayed a few hours. At BB I would have spent a couple of hours fucking and 22 hours bored, not for me.
    We don't catch feelings, we catch flights.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to tarzan For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

My first ever trip to the DR (and to the Americas, and to the tropics) I stayed two weeks at Blackbeards and loved every minute of it. The experience changed my life.

But in the seven subsequent trips (averaging one month each) I did not stay there and I only go there now very occasionally to meet visiting board members.

Why? Because I found there is better value and more varied experience (not just in sex) to be had elsewhere. But this last sentence also applies to Sosua. For the past nine years I have lived in Puerto Plata. It has all I want and I only visit Sosua to meet friends.

Like so many venues in the DR, we will only really appreciate Blackbeards once it has gone. We are lucky to have it as one option.

6. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,361 Times in 13,901 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by weyland View Post
    My first ever trip to the DR (and to the Americas, and to the tropics) I stayed two weeks at Blackbeards and loved every minute of it. The experience changed my life.

But in the seven subsequent trips (averaging one month each) I did not stay there and I only go there now very occasionally to meet visiting board members.

Why? Because I found there is better value and more varied experience (not just in sex) to be had elsewhere. But this last sentence also applies to Sosua. For the past nine years I have lived in Puerto Plata. It has all I want and I only visit Sosua to meet friends.

Like so many venues in the DR, we will only really appreciate Blackbeards once it has gone. We are lucky to have it as one option.
    Very well stated.
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks everyone! I think you guys have made me rethink things and look closer at Sosua.

I've been looking a lot of forum posts, but most seem a bit dated.

I am looking for Feb 11-16 (5 nights). As for hotels, I am thinking of staying closer to the action.... On my shortlist I have found on Booking.com:
    New Garden - $60USD per night +vat, king bed with breakfast
    Las Palmeras - $38 / night + vat , queen bed, no breakfast
    Sosua Suties - $58 /night +vat, king bed, no breakfast
    Casa Valeria - $ 72 / night +vat, queen bed, with breakfast
    Any Pros/cons to these locations? Should I just go for the cheapest or is there a good reason to spend more?

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to curiousfun For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 76,190 Times in 8,046 Posts

Thanks everyone! I think you guys have made me rethink things and look closer at Sosua.

I am looking for Feb 11-16 (5 nights). As for hotels, I am thinking of staying closer to the action.... On my shortlist I have found on Booking.com:
    Any Pros/cons to these locations? Should I just go for the cheapest or is there a good reason to spend more?

I have stayed at the NG. It is very close to ground zero. The rooms and the pool area is nice.

XXX Has stayed at the Casa Valeria and speaks highly of the place.

Sousa suites can be very loud due the street music. Lat time I stayed there the rooms were a little dated. It has been a few years though so it may have improved.

Don't know much about the Las Palmeras.
    If she is alive, she will fuck.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Tiger For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 62,154 Times in 9,135 Posts

Las Palmeras is excellent is my go to place when visiting Sosua. Staff is excellent, friendly, Obie the manager is the best. Real good restaurant on site, nice clean rooms, hottest water I have ever seen, a good shower is a must. Nice pool. Location is excellent, probably the closest to ground zero of all that you have mentioned. Didn't realize it was that much cheaper than the others, which is another plus. By the way I have stayed in all the other hotels you mentioned, all are fine establishments, but as I stated, Las Palmeras is my go to place.

I also stayed in Blackbeards for two nights, a few years back and had a fine time there (and I was living in country at the time, just wanted to check it out). Maybe I am not as critical as some, it is always a mind set to me. My advice would be a split trip, first two nights in Blackbeards, get yourself settled then on to Sosua. I know quite a few friends that always split their trips, and they have no complaints.

In either case enjoy your stay.
    Why should I limit myself to only one woman when I can have as many women as I want?
    George Gershwin

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,791 Times in 353 Posts

Comparing Blackbeard's to Sosua is comparing apples to oranges,one is an entire town and the other is a small hotel. I live in Sosua and love it. When my friends come in from the states and stay at Blackbeard's I get a room for a couple days and have a blast. Apples and oranges.

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to quietcorner911 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by quietcorner911 View Post
    Comparing Blackbeard's to Sosua is comparing apples to oranges,one is an entire town and the other is a small hotel. I live in Sosua and love it. When my friends come in from the states and stay at Blackbeard's I get a room for a couple days and have a blast. Apples and oranges.
    Yes, I was aware of that and I knew there would be much more variety of women in Sosua, but I was thinking more in terms of quality of services.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to curiousfun For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

But the good news is that the guys responding to you are the ones that been writing the reports.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Sosua is a small place. New Garden is an excellant location and a cool place to hang out in.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

This report is 11 years old BUT I stayed at the new garden many times.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/for...Hard!!!-Trip-1

I have been going to Boca Chica the last 7 years.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    But the good news is that the guys responding to you are the ones that been writing the reports.
    And I really appreciate it. The reason I mention that I've done the research is that there is nothing worse than someone joining a forum, not reading a single post and then just asking questions. I found a ton of info on the various hotels, but much of it very old and I know that even 2 years in Sosua the landscape changes quickly.

Heck, some of the best places to hang out such as Rumbas aren't even there anymore.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to curiousfun For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

And I really appreciate it. The reason I mention that I've done the research is that there is nothing worse than someone joining a forum, not reading a single post and then just asking questions. I found a ton of info on the various hotels, but much of it very old and I know that even 2 years in Sosua the landscape changes quickly.

Heck, some of the best places to hang out such as Rumbas aren't even there anymore.

The guys responding all still go to Sosua, and will chime in. Sometimes these topics turn out to be better than trip reports.

I linked a report that is 147 pages long.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I use booking.com.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks.. but that's exactly my point. 7 years ago, a hotel may have been clean and well managed and today it could be horrible or closed.
    That's why i was asking for feedback from those that have stayed recently.

I used to be on another board that focused more on Cuba. I made a lot of plans based on info that was 4-5 years old only to find out it wasn't accurate. Learned my lesson and now I try to get more up to date details if possible.

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to curiousfun For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thanks.. but that's exactly my point. 7 years ago, a hotel may have been clean and well managed and today it could be horrible or closed.
    That's why i was asking for feedback from those that have stayed recently.

I used to be on another board that focused more on Cuba. I made a lot of plans based on info that was 4-5 years old only to find out it wasn't accurate. Learned my lesson and now I try to get more up to date details if possible.
    Many have been there within a few months and are going again.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 62,154 Times in 9,135 Posts

Many have been there within a few months and are going again.
    I also live in country as many others who have responded do, I live on the south coast, but tend to find my way up north about every month and a half on average. Also like to visit other parts of the country, but that's a totally different topic. I find myself on my visits, to always stop in Blackbeards for lunch on each trip, like to see what's going on, check out what chicas they got working, because it changes often, rap with a couple of guys staying there, plus there are a couple of items on their menu that I like. I like the place, but it is true only stayed there once for a couple of days.

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,519 Times in 1,078 Posts

When I first looked at International Mongering I came across these websites for places like Oxygen Resort and the likes which charge about $1000 to $1500 per night but guarantee you a great girl. I also came across one for Barba Negra (Blackbeard) that was far more reasonable.

That reasearch led to ISOC. Never made it to Blackbeard, but it would have been a good option for the controlled environment aspect.

First trip was New Garden, good hotel but I made sure i got a room in the "new wing". Now they have new hotel across the street that is even better. Good food.
    Next 2 were Sosua Suites. Only issue is noise. That was in the "owner suite" that is closer to the road. Stayed one night in a room beside El Flow/Premium for one night on one trip, no sleep. I can sleep through a lot, the noise on Dr Rosen can be a lot. Especially when the market gets a delivery of bottles at 7am, almost every day.
    Now I stay further outside the party area and walk in.
    Lot of options, lot of information on the board. Glad you are taking advantage of it. And people are still sharing.

I'm booked at the D'Piero for December. Popular but further out from the action. The Dominican Republic is a noisy place. I need my beauty rest.

38. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to distantvoyeur For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 72,237 Times in 11,762 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by distantvoyeur View Post
    I'm booked at the D'Piero for December. Popular but further out from the action. The Dominican Republic is a noisy place. I need my beauty rest.
    As far as 'beauty rest' goes, in Sosua ... I hope the actual owners of the Casa Cayena / Sosua Summer site will get off their asses and resurrect the place. Not because I want to deprive Plaso of his well-earned schadenfreude ... but because I really like that hotel!

If this doesn't fit the current narrative, FUCK the narrative.
    I'm still "Just A Lurker."

The Chinese virus infected the Western world with Chinese-style totalitarian politics. ​- Gladiator

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. – H. L. Mencken

40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information