Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 09/2017 - Hurricane Maria

Thanks

Re: 09/2017 - Hurricane Maria

As of today how is Sosua? How is the monger scene? Good, bad or about the same?

I think I heard that a lot of the shops on Sosua beach have been destroyed...is that correct? How is the recovering going?

Just trying to get an update will be there next month.

Thanks,
    -realkewl

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to realkewl For This Useful Post:

ezsmile is offline Ten Year Member & Paid subscriber of I.S.O.C. & member of the Stash.
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,350 Times in 2,668 Posts

Re: 09/2017 - Hurricane Maria

Quote Originally Posted by realkewl View Post
    As of today how is Sosua? How is the monger scene? Good, bad or about the same?

I think I heard that a lot of the shops on Sosua beach have been destroyed...is that correct? How is the recovering going?

Just trying to get an update will be there next month.

Thanks,
    -realkewl
    I was just in Sosua for a little more than 2 weeks, right after and during the last hurricane. (Was that Maria or Irma? lol)

Monger scene: same as ever, slow due to low season and I suppose the effects of some people not travelling because of the hurricanes. When I left things looked to be picking up as low season is ending. I was getting lots of new fb friend requests this trip, meanwhile the same chicas are on the strip at night.

Sosua beach: lost a lot of sand because of the two hurricanes, but it is coming back. there are available loungers all the way down the beach again, although the erosion of sand is still noticeable especially down at the Charamicos end. I have only seen 1 shop that was closed due to hurricane damage. The beach is hotter temperature-wise now because a lot of leaves were blown off and 1 or 2 trees blown over. Once the rains come I hope the leaves will grow back and bring back the shade.

4. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to ezsmile For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information