Thread: 09/2017 - Los Jardines Hotel, Santiago

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 87,562 Times in 8,809 Posts

09/2017 - Los Jardines Hotel, Santiago

Los Jardines Hotel, Santiago

Los Jardines Hotel is close to the center of Santiago but you have to be careful to differentiate between the hotel and the Los Jardines Apartments which will come up in your same internet search.

The hotel has parking available but I did not check it do to the fact that on this excursion I did not drive. The hotel is guest friendly I ate dinner with my date at the hotel restaurant after which I went to the front desk and asked if they needed to see her cedula and they said no. We proceeded to my room with no problems.
    Imágenes adjuntas Imágenes adjuntas
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (63.7 KB, 163 vistas)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (206.6 KB, 162 vistas)

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 62,154 Times in 9,135 Posts

Re: Los Jardines Hotel, Santiago

Quote Originally Posted by camaro1257 View Post
    Los Jardines Hotel, Santiago

Los Jardines Hotel is close to the center of Santiago but you have to be careful to differentiate between the hotel and the Los Jardines Apartments which will come up in your same internet search.

Click to see picClick to see pic

The hotel has parking available but I did not check it do to the fact that on this excursion I did not drive. The hotel is guest friendly I ate dinner with my date at the hotel restaurant after which I went to the front desk and asked if they needed to see her cedula and they said no. We proceeded to my room with no problems.
    You can use the parking lot directly across the street at the small shopping center, which I try to use, or there is a small lot below the shopping center accessed on the side street. There is also some street parking available on the side street.
    Why should I limit myself to only one woman when I can have as many women as I want?
    George Gershwin

5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: Los Jardines Hotel, Santiago

Lobby area

When you walk in there is a gift shop to your left and the hotel restaurant to your right.

• File Type: jpg 3.jpg (175.1 KB, 172 vistas)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (188.0 KB, 174 vistas)

7. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,254 Times in 7,381 Posts

Re: 09/2017 - Los Jardines Hotel, Santiago

I stayed there for one night back in 2016. A chica from Santiago met me at the airport when I arrived and we checked in there. The rate I think was around $70 usd, nice room, plenty of hot water in the shower, and a very comfortable bed.

Once the chica and I finished our little session, she went to sleep and I turned on the tv to see the 2nd half of Game 7 of the NBA Championship.

The sex was pretty good. The result of the game, alas, was not. The Cavs beat the Warriors to win their only NBA Title.

For a night or two staying in Santiago, I would recommend it. But for another good hotel that I think is closer to the bars and restaurants near the Monument, as well for their comparative amenities, I would choose the Aloha Sol over the Los Jardines.

Both were comparable in rates last I checked.

9. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Smooth For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smooth View Post
    I stayed there for one night back in 2016. A chica from Santiago met me at the airport when I arrived and we checked in there. The rate I think was around $70 usd, nice room, plenty of hot water in the shower, and a very comfortable bed.

There about two weeks ago around time of Hurricane Irma, room was surprisingly cheap about $45/ night which surprised me because I have stayed there before as well and my recollection was that it was closer to $70/ night as well, unless I caught a special or something. Maybe a hurricane special or something.

11. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

The Restaurant

The hotel has a decent restaurant and I really appreciated the decent prices. Many menu items were about 500 pesos and breakfast was included in the price of the room.

I ate twice, once with my date and the free breakfast in the morning.

I did have an anecdotal experience I thought was pretty interesting. Generally my Spanish is understood but I often have problems understanding what is being said to me. I had a specific request for my food order with the waitress and she couldn't understand me for the life of her...WHALA...there was a lady sitting behind me that explained to her what I said PERFECTLY...gofigure...I guess I have an accent.

Anyways the food was decent and relatively inexpensive. I like the quaint atmosphere of the restaurant there was nothing pretentious it was very simple and comfortable.
    • File Type: jpg r1.jpg (183.7 KB, 143 vistas)
    • File Type: jpg r2.jpg (171.7 KB, 149 vistas)
    • File Type: jpg r3.jpg (181.2 KB, 150 vistas)
    • File Type: jpg r4.jpg (186.9 KB, 139 vistas)
    • File Type: jpg r5.jpg (197.3 KB, 142 vistas)

13. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Laughing Re: 09/2017 - Los Jardines Hotel, Santiago

Yeagh,, Ok
    thanks for blowing up my favorite SPOT..

LOVE this Hotel.. and there are many reasons for it.

For example, if forget something in your Room, you will 100 % get it back..
    The Integrity in this Hotel is impeccable . its like you are staying with Family almost ..but they are not up in your business or anything..

Its not as cheap as it used to be, and the breakfasts are modest, but its Clean, and nice, and the AC Cranks..

Quote Originally Posted by yayow View Post
    You can use the parking lot directly across the street at the small shopping center, which I try to use, or there is a small lot below the shopping center accessed on the side street. There is also some street parking available on the side street.
    As you probably recall that parking lot was huge before the little shop center .. but yes its nice there are still spots there to park. Actually better now, that Gravel stone park lot was a killer when you had a few drinks.

15. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JD426 View Post
    Yeagh,, Ok
    thanks for blowing up my favorite SPOT..

LOVE this Hotel.. and there are many reasons for it.

For example, if forget something in your Room, you will 100 % get it back..
    The Integrity in this Hotel is impeccable . its like you are staying with Family almost ..but they are not up in your business or anything..

Its not as cheap as it used to be, and the breakfasts are modest, but its Clean, and nice, and the AC Cranks..

As you probably recall that parking lot was huge before the little shop center .. but yes its nice there are still spots there to park. Actually better now, that Gravel stone park lot was a killer when you had a few drinks.

Yes my go to spot in Santiago, was introduced to it by Lou of the Shark bar, a few years back, we met and hung out in Santiago a few nights, never a problem there and I like that they treat you like an adult and allow you to control your own business, no need to give the chica's cédula. One of the good things about the non traditional monger's spots. Have a similar spot in Bonao that I like, at first kind of surprised of not having to present cedulars. But it is a nice change.

17. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

My room

I thought I booked a suite but they gave me a basic room and it was as tiny as a matchbox.

It was cramped I could only thing the cabanas I use were 3 times the size. The room was quite and I had no problems.
    • File Type: jpg h1.jpg (183.2 KB, 143 vistas)
    • File Type: jpg h2.jpg (199.5 KB, 130 vistas)
    • File Type: jpg h3.jpg (183.9 KB, 126 vistas)

19. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Mini Bar

My room had a mini bar with snack items you pay for at the end of your stay. I must admit I CRUSHED 2 Snickers...haaaaaaaaaaa!

• File Type: jpg m1.jpg (192.0 KB, 116 vistas)
    • File Type: jpg m2.jpg (194.0 KB, 124 vistas)
    • File Type: jpg m3.jpg (181.3 KB, 117 vistas)

21. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 22,235 Times in 2,615 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yayow View Post
    Yes my go to spot in Santiago, was introduced to it by Lou of the Shark bar, a few years back, we met and hung out in Santiago a few nights, never a problem there and I like that they treat you like an adult and allow you to control your own business, no need to give the chica's cédula. One of the good things about the non traditional monger's spots. Have a similar spot in Bonao that I like, at first kind of surprised of not having to present cedulars. But it is a nice change.
    As a hotel owner, I find many customers under appreciate the service we provide by taking the cedula. Because we hold the cedula, many scams and other problems are prevented or solved later. By law, Hotels need an ID of all guests.

23. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to jose1234 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jose1234 View Post
    As a hotel owner, I find many customers under appreciate the service we provide by taking the cedula. Because we hold the cedula, many scams and other problems are prevented or solved later. By law, Hotels need an ID of all guests.
    Good point! Guess I am a little different because I live here, and I live in a private home, so I always supervise my guests as a normal practice, but I definitely think it is useful, for visitors to the country for sure.

Not to promote your place, but I do try and visit places of fellow board members, which hotel do you own and where is it located. If you don't wish to tell me here you can message me, if you like, would like to give you some business, when in your area.

25. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,226 Times in 3,237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by camaro1257 View Post
    My room

I thought I booked a suite but they gave me a basic room and it was as tiny as a matchbox.

Click to see picClick to see picClick to see pic

It was cramped I could only thing the cabanas I use were 3 times the size. The room was quite and I had no problems.

LMAOO - Years ago I gave Mr Black Luv an earfull for having me in that small room
    En una tierra de mujeres hermosas, Yo soy El Rey

27. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to El-Rey For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Review

I like Los Jardines Hotel. I would say its strongest point IMHO is the staff, I found them to be very professional and the front desk staff spoke English however the wait staff in the restaurant did not. Te reservation process on line went well and check in was smooth.

My biggest complaint was the size of my room I felt cramped I think if I return I will get a larger room. The restaurant was decent and the food was economical.

The hotel is centrally located and most taxistas know where it is. It definitely remains a great option for future trips to Santiago.

29. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smooth View Post

Once the chica and I finished our little session, she went to sleep and I turned on the tv to see the 2nd half of Game 7 of the NBA Championship.

The sex was pretty good. The result of the game, alas, was not. The Cavs beat the Warriors to win their only NBA Title.

For a night or two staying in Santiago, I would recommend it. But for another good hotel that I think is closer to the bars and restaurants near the Monument, as well for their comparative amenities, I would choose the Aloha Sol over the Los Jardines.

Both were comparable in rates last I checked.
    So where could one find some action in Santiago? I will be flying in around 9pm and was either going to get a taxi to Sosua...which will cost a arm and leg or stay over night in Santiago and catch metro bus in the morning. FYI...my Spanish is not the best...

peace

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to realkewl For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by realkewl View Post
    So where could one find some action in Santiago? I will be flying in around 9pm and was either going to get a taxi to Sosua...which will cost a arm and leg or stay over night in Santiago and catch metro bus in the morning. FYI...my Spanish is not the best...

peace
    Sorry I do not have any current PFP information for Santiago as I only chase internet girls there. The below information is old.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/for...-December-2014

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,254 Times in 7,381 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by realkewl View Post

peace
    Without much spanish, it could present a problem. If I am arriving at 9 pm, it will be close to 10 pm when you are checked in to whatever hotel you are booked at. If it was me, and was feeling pretty good despite the travel, I would just take a taxi to the Monument and cruise around the bars and restaurants there for the evening. Have a few beers, relax and just take in the vibe. Smile and see if you can get any chicas eye.

And if not, then after you had a snoot full, head back to the hotel for a solid nights sleep and make up for it in Sosua the following night. The chicas will be all ready, willing and able.

35. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Smooth For This Useful Post:

Thread Information