Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 10/2017 - Field of Dreams resurrection?

Thanks
    Thanked 72,237 Times in 11,762 Posts

10/2017 - Field of Dreams resurrection?

It's been a few years since I last heard anything from Field of Dreams. Yesterday, though, they reached out to me with an email:

CLIC HERE TO MAKE YOUR RESERVATION NOW!

[COLOR=#000000 !important]Book a real vacation with us and enjoy the best of our adult resort!!!

[/COLOR]
    Beautiful girls are waiting for you to give you the best experience ever!!

[COLOR=#000000 !important]Black tuesday, Bikini contest, Baby doll night contest, Thursday in red, Wet t-shirt pool party are part of all the activities we offer in order you to have a great experience and good moment.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#000000 !important]Go to our website to know more about our adult resort and other services we have....
    [/COLOR]
    www.fieldofdreamsadultresort.net

Or call for reservation:

Alexander: 1-809-619-5756
    Click here to unsubscribe

FIELD OF DREAMS ADULT RESORT
    Carr. Puerto Plata - Sosúa Km 6 1/2, Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
    Okay, I've left out the images (all but the 'letterhead'), the formatting has gone to hell, and I've broken the link for the URL.

Are they trying to get back into the business again, maybe even looking for overnight customers? It kinda looks that way....

I stayed at FoD a couple of times, some years ago -- once with an "invasion" set up by a rival board (I'm no longer a member of that board), and once when I decided to finish my Sosua week with a 'last night' in their petting-zoo. I enjoyed it well enough, but I wouldn't go back without ear-plugs and maybe even active-noise-cancelling headphones like the ones they furnish in business-class on American Airlines.

Curious to know if anyone else has gotten this offer from FoD.
    Imágenes adjuntas Imágenes adjuntas
    I'm still "Just A Lurker."

The Chinese virus infected the Western world with Chinese-style totalitarian politics. ​- Gladiator

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. – H. L. Mencken

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

Re: 10/2017 - Field of Dreams resurrection?

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    Are they trying to get back into the business again, maybe even looking for overnight customers? It kinda looks that way ...
    They have always been open, including for overnight customers. Most recent reviews tell a story of continuous decline: high and erratic pricing, lousy food and service. I drop in every couple of months or so, just to check on what is happening. The quality and numbers of chicas varies, but generally not much inferior to Blackbeards. You could always find at least one you fancied (apart from the price tag).

However I could only recommend the place to guys from Playa Dorada with fat wallets and limited time to slip away from their wives.

5. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thumbs Down Re: 10/2017 - Field of Dreams resurrection?

LOL, don't believe it. It is still under Dominican management by Pedro & his kids. I stayed there a few weeks ago & I was the only one staying there. Anita the english woman that worked as booker, barmaid, on site management team there for 2 years, had to go to Europe for surgery & other health problems. She was doing all the bookings for FOD even while in Europe. Upon return Pedro refused to pay her any commissions that she earned over the last year. I emailed him & he never replied. I was one of the last supporters of FOD, but F them, I will never stay there again after what they did to Anita. Over the years, I've stayed there over a dozen times. They never F'ed with me or my group of guys that used to party there. I can't tell you how they screwed people by padding their bills, even charging up to $200US for walk ins for a ST + room. I heard of a guy that got ripped off $2000US out of his safe. I thought that was just a rumor, til I actually met the guy last year at BB & it is fact,. They cater to walk ins now and don't give a shit about booking rooms. That web page Westy got his left over from the old Jeffrey days, so there is no longer a bikini contest, etc. It is completely out of date and the girls in the photos are long long gone. Too bad for the girls cause it was not that bad in Sept., but they are desperate. They have run the place into the ground and I will never set foot at FOD again.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,746 Times in 290 Posts

FOD is just a Blackbeards wanna be. Remember several years back when it was called Whitebeards? Lol.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Al Nyc For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 113,284 Times in 14,580 Posts

The few times I have stopped by FOD I have left less than impressed and have experienced them trying to upsell the services.

Even after calling them out on it they would just plead ignorance so I take my fun elsewhere.

To bad cause they could easily set themselves up as a great daytime place to hang out and have fun
    I am the pussy licker ​Let's have some fun. Not invisible. Snitches are pathetic little people!
    Disclaimer. This post may not be in response to a post by Greybaby. So Greybaby doesn't need to cry about it. Rover has you pegged to a T

10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdude View Post
    LOL, don't believe it. It is still under Dominican management by Pedro & his kids. I stayed there a few weeks ago & I was the only one staying there. Anita the english woman that worked as booker, barmaid, on site management team there for 2 years, had to go to Europe for surgery & other health problems. She was doing all the bookings for FOD even while in Europe. Upon return Pedro refused to pay her any commissions that she earned over the last year. I emailed him & he never replied. I was one of the last supporters of FOD, but F them, I will never stay there again after what they did to Anita. Over the years, I've stayed there over a dozen times. They never F'ed with me or my group of guys that used to party there. I can't tell you how they screwed people by padding their bills, even charging up to $200US for walk ins for a ST + room. I heard of a guy that got ripped off $2000US out of his safe. I thought that was just a rumor, til I actually met the guy last year at BB & it is fact,. They cater to walk ins now and don't give a shit about booking rooms. That web page Westy got his left over from the old Jeffrey days, so there is no longer a bikini contest, etc. It is completely out of date and the girls in the photos are long long gone. Too bad for the girls cause it was not that bad in Sept., but they are desperate. They have run the place into the ground and I will never set foot at FOD again.
    Okay, yeah, that makes sense. It's unfortunate, but it follows the model we've come to expect from Pedro.

Kind of a pity, actually. I'm thinking back to the IFTC party a few years ago; FOD's private enough that we could get away with a lot that we couldn't have done at Blackbeard's. Ah, well, we've all got better places to go!

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 58,341 Times in 10,416 Posts

My memory of the only visit to FOD is stealing MR HAPPYs girl

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to jacknback For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

And here we have another example of how to NOT Run a Business... Amazing.. thanks for the warning Huskerdude..

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

What is their website address? I need a good laugh.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Al Nyc For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Al Nyc View Post
    What is their website address? I need a good laugh.
    It's in the OP. I didn't link it because of (reasons). Copypasta it and you're good ... or bad ... or whatever.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,364 Times in 78,283 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JD426 View Post
    And here we have another example of how to NOT Run a Business... Amazing.. thanks for the warning Huskerdude..

Start with, not opening one in DR

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    FOD's private enough that we could get away with a lot that we couldn't have done at Blackbeard's.
    I do not see that either is more "private" than the other. They are both insulated from the public realm. If we "got away" with more at FoD than at Blackbeards (sex in the pool, chicas wandering about stark naked, etc), it was because of differing policy decisions (or in FoD's case more likely an absence of any policy or decisions).

Thanks
    Thanked 114,003 Times in 10,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by weyland View Post
    I do not see that either is more "private" than the other. They are both insulated from the public realm. If we "got away" with more at FoD than at Blackbeards (sex in the pool, chicas wandering about stark naked, etc), it was because of differing policy decisions (or in FoD's case more likely an absence of any policy or decisions).
    Seville threw quite a memorable meet and greet there back in 2012(?). It was the only time I've been there that is worth mentioning.

Spoke with a few guys last night who stopped in yesterday. They told me it was a waste of time and that things have really gone downhill.......confirming Huskerdude's update.
    Vida es buena....

Thanks
    Thanked 2,791 Times in 353 Posts

I visited twice last week. Stopped in on Wednesday for the bikini contest but it was canceled due to the rain or at least that is what we were told,it wasn't raining when we got there but had been raining earlier. Stopped back in just for a beer with some friends on Friday and immediately had six skanks line up in front of us like a damned firing squad and they didn't move until I told Richie (Pedro's son) that we were there only to drink,he told them to get away from us. Out of the six girls there was one I would have bedded down if it was free but the other five you couldn't pay me to touch them. It is really sad,I have some very fond memories of staying there and partying with all the girls.

26. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to quietcorner911 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I've read from another website that Tim, the former manager at Blackbeards and a couple of gringos have taken over the day to day operations at FOD and are going to improve the place. If this is true, this would be a much added and needed attraction to the Sosua/ Puerto Plata area.

28. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Al Nyc For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I've read from another website that Tim, the former manager at Blackbeards and a couple of gringos have taken over the day to day operations at FOD and are going to improve the place. If this is true, this would be a much added and needed attraction to the Sosua/ Puerto Plata area.
    LOL, it was probably my post that you saw on another site. I talked to Pedro last week by WhatsApp & had quite a conversation with him. Pedro is still in charge of FOD, but the day to day operations have been taken away from his kids, although they will still work there as regular employees. Former BB manager Tim & a couple friends (gringo) are now in charge of day to day operations including all handling of $. Set price for ST for guest staying there remains at $50US. for outsiders just dropping in the price is $90US for chica & room. This clears up the problem of rip offs. They are supposed to improve the place and sink some $ into it. They will rename it & redo the website in the near future. I'll believe what Pedro told me when I actually see it happen. I can say people have witnessed it being painting at the present time.

30. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to huskerdude For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,361 Times in 13,901 Posts

LOL, it was probably my post that you saw on another site. I talked to Pedro last week by WhatsApp & had quite a conversation with him. Pedro is still in charge of FOD, but the day to day operations have been taken away from his kids, although they will still work there as regular employees. Former BB manager Tim & a couple friends (gringo) are now in charge of day to day operations including all handling of $. Set price for ST for guest staying there remains at $50US. for outsiders just dropping in the price is $90US for chica & room. This clears up the problem of rip offs. They are supposed to improve the place and sink some $ into it. They will rename it & redo the website in the near future. I'll believe what Pedro told me when I actually see it happen. I can say people have witnessed it being painting at the present time.
    If Tim is allowed to carry over some good habits from BB, it may have a chance of going somewhere. I really like the place (outside of the murals) but everything else there sucks.
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Oh yeah, it was you lol. They really don't need to rename it, just fix the place up, improve the service and bring in quality(attractive) chicas like Blackbeards.

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Al Nyc For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    I really like the place (outside of the murals).
    The external murals have long gone, and they have now removed all but one inside the rooms. One has been preserved because it is (I quote) "a work of art".

just fix the place up, improve the service and bring in quality(attractive) chicas like Blackbeards.
    They are already fixing the place up and allegedly improving the service (fixed prices and itemized receipts printed out, for example).

I was there mid-afternoon Tuesday (so a really quiet time) and there were 12 chicas available (about the same as at Blackbeards mid-weekday afternoon). There were two fuglies but the rest were well up to Blackbeards standard and more fun to hang with.

It is the prices which kill it.

I guess their reasoning is that they have two sources of clients:

1) Those popping out for a quicky from Playa Dorada have no other options and most of them will be unaware of North Coast prices. They will just compare with back home prices and think they are getting a bargain.

2) Those coming from Sosua direction may know chicas are cheaper at Blackbeards but think the saving on transport makes up for that (no need for a private taxi).

By all means exploit those who do not know better, but I think they would make a lot more money and keep their girls happier if they offered a decent discount to members of the North Coast monger boards.

It is a great place for a private party. A sizable group could book the place out, whereas Blackbeards is too big to do that.
    Last edited by weyland; 12-21-2017 at 01:38 PM.

36. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by weyland View Post
    The external murals have long gone, and they have now removed all but one inside the rooms. One has been preserved because it is (I quote) "a work of art".

They are already fixing the place up and allegedly improving the service (fixed prices and itemized receipts printed out, for example).

I was there mid-afternoon Tuesday (so a really quiet time) and there were 12 chicas available (about the same as at Blackbeards mid-weekday afternoon). There were two fuglies but the rest were well up to Blackbeards standard and more fun to hang with.

It is the prices which kill it.

I guess their reasoning is that they have two sources of clients:

1) Those popping out for a quicky from Playa Dorada have no other options and most of them will be unaware of North Coast prices. They will just compare with back home prices and think they are getting a bargain.

2) Those coming from Sosua direction may know chicas are cheaper at Blackbeards but think the saving on transport makes up for that (no need for a private taxi).

By all means rip off those who do not know better, but I think they would make a lot more money and keep their girls happier if they offered a decent discount to members of the North Coast monger boards.

It is a great place for a private party. A sizable group could book the place out, whereas Blackbeards is too big to do that.
    I can attest to that -- you too, right, Huskerdude?

The IFTC board members did exactly that, more than once; I was there for it in October 2013, and we had a good time. All kinds of wild games going on, not only girl-on-guest and guest-on-girl, but girl-on-girl as well ... bikini contests that turn into G-string exhibitions, and some of the girls strutting around in heels and hair-extensions ... I didn't see anyone fucking out-in-the-open, but why would you do that when you're just steps from your nice, private room?

Not only is Blackbeards too big for that, but it's not private enough to get wild outdoors; from the street, you can look straight through the dining-room to the entire pool deck. FOD, on the other hand, is private​ -- close the parking-lot gate, and nobody outside can see what's going on inside.

38. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information