Thread: 12/2017 - Returning to Habana Cuba after many years

Thanks

12/2017 - Returning to Habana Cuba after many years

I'm planning to return to Cuba after many years. I was there for 5 times around 2001. it doesn't sound like things have changed that much but the people that I worked with are no longer available or at least no longer answer their email. I am planning a trip with one friends in February for about 10 days. We probably will stay only in Havana. obviously we're still thinking about some of the details. I'm hoping the people here can direct me to people in Cuba who can assist me. Can anyone give some advice or point me in the right direction?

Driver---I'm looking for someone who can drive. When I last was there I had a driver all day and night for $20 including gas and tip. I'm sure things are going up a little bit. what people have any recommendations and how much is it going to run now?

Local barrio guy---The second person we need maybe trickier. I had this guy Tony who introduced us to tons of women. We were friends and it was done informally. If anyone has any suggestions that would be wonderful. If not, I understand fully

Casa---Housing is less critical. We can book a house for one night on the internet and then look around. There's tons of people who can show us around and of course they get a commission or you can just wander around yourself. We're looking for Centro Habana which is the easiest for meeting women, at least it was then. Vedado is generally much nicer but the trips back and forth got tiring even with a wonderful driver available instantly.

Dating Websites---My final question is probably the most important one and the one that I've had the most trouble figuring out on my own. When I was there before, I was spending longer amounts of time there and met women once I was there. This will be a shorter trip and so I'd like to prepare. At the time there was not so much use of the internet dating sites. The best one was amigos.com which wasn't very good. There was one Technological University that had access to the internet and so almost all the girls on amigos.com came from that one University. One of my friends now says that it might be tinder. I know that like in the Dominican Republic there's Dominicancupid.com. There is also tagged, badoo, wechat, as well as general apps like Whatsapp, Google Hangouts, etc.... How can I find nice chicas now and start to communicate with them before the trip?

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to greenpenguin For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 49,149 Times in 7,404 Posts

Re: 12/2017 - Returning to Habana Cuba after many years

Quote Originally Posted by greenpenguin View Post
    Dating Websites---My final question is probably the most important one and the one that I've had the most trouble figuring out on my own. When I was there before, I was spending longer amounts of time there and met women once I was there. This will be a shorter trip and so I'd like to prepare. At the time there was not so much use of the internet dating sites. The best one was amigos.com which wasn't very good. There was one Technological University that had access to the internet and so almost all the girls on amigos.com came from that one University. One of my friends now says that it might be tinder. I know that like in the Dominican Republic there's Dominicancupid.com. There is also tagged, badoo, wechat, as well as general apps like Whatsapp, Google Hangouts, etc.... How can I find nice chicas now and start to communicate with them before the trip?
    mi think each country is different.......like in Jamaica Badoo, Tagged and FB/FB messenger are the big meeting grounds for dating.....
    everyone is on WhatsApp in Jamaica.....it's free via Digicel plans.....if you don't have WhatsApp and FB you don't get the pussy in Jamaica....
    IMO was big in Jamaica.......but as soon as WhatsApp started with video........it killed IMO

the states is completely different as Badoo, Tagged, FB and WhatsApp aren't nearly as big with the dating crowd....
    and Tinder is big in certain sections of the states however in Jamaica mi have never heard of anyone using it.....

best thing to do is ask around like you are.....and go on all the dating sites and see who has the most Cubans.......
    you will figure out pretty quick which messaging venue the Cuban ladies use....

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SeaWeed For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 76,190 Times in 8,046 Posts

Make sure you post a report when you return. We don’t get much from Cuba and it may become a destination one of these days.
    If she is alive, she will fuck.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tiger For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thank you Seaweed and Tiger. Thanks for information! I am still looking for knowledge about Dating Websites for Cuba. What is useful for Havana? Amigos.com, Latinamericancupid, Tinder, tagged, badoo, wechat, as well as general apps like Whatsapp, Google Hangouts? How can I find nice chicas now and start to communicate with them before the trip? Thanks.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greenpenguin For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,361 Times in 13,901 Posts

A search on Seeking arrangements gave 18 results. May want to check that out.
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thread Information